[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay this whole shit-show about DOOM 4 needs to stop, lots of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 28
Okay this whole shit-show about DOOM 4 needs to stop, lots of misinformation and nostalgia pain.

I played Doom 1 and 2 in 1995. still my favorite FPS game to this day and after seeing the whole arguments i felt like trying out DOOM 4 myself. got it cheap, 32 bucks.

Anyways let's start with the most complained aspect. Speed

It does feel slow but for the wrong reason.
once you get to a wider area then you will get the speed you want. cramped up areas restricts your movement and awareness, hope i cleared that up.

Second, the Weapons.

Most of the weapons feel powerful, my complaint is the rocket launcher. it really feels weak compared to Doom 1 and 2. the BFG Sounds were disappointing. rest is alright.

Third, the enemies.

the "barely few enemies onscreen" argument is kinda dumb. cause Doom 1 and 2 never had too much enemies onscreen to begin with. this isnt Serious Sam. The Redesigns are great but really could use some more colors.

Fourth, the Cutscenes/Dialog

They are annoying but surprisingly not long. i do wish they would just discard the whole thing and just go straight to the action.

Fifth, the Glory kills.

On higher difficulties, you are basically stuck to doing them over and over to get through the game so it gets repetitive, however you can kill enemies and just dont do em overall, you can basically finish the game without em (not counting the bosses). lots of pick-up items so no worries.

1/2
>>
File: 1463344556230.png (137 KB, 623x527) Image search: [Google]
1463344556230.png
137 KB, 623x527
2/2

Lastly, the Bosses.

Honestly people should complain more about this but most of them haven't bought the game and are never aware of it, watching videos just doesn't cut it. The bosses are the disappointing factor of the game, you can basically just shoot, shoot and shoot and not move at all and you can win, and cyberdemon was the worst of it all. Mastermind was decent cause in higher difficulties it gets hectic with MMO-Style AOEs. Then again, the old Doom games didnt had really hard bosses but i still stand by my word.

I have not played the multiplayer so i got nothing to say for this.

Hope it clears things up. honestly its a decent game overshadowed by the fear of modern casualism.
>>
>opinions

How is this going to put a stop to anything?
>>
File: 1380300516917.jpg (50 KB, 377x298) Image search: [Google]
1380300516917.jpg
50 KB, 377x298
>>337735524
What shit-show are you talking about?
The vast majority of people love the game.
>>
This was poorly written and confusing. Take a technical writing course.
>>
>>337736293
Sorry
>>
>once you get to a wider area then you will get the speed you want. cramped up areas restricts your movement and awareness
>original game took place mostly in enclosed areas
Giant essay long OP posts are generally shill threads
>>
File: where do you keep the milk.png (158 KB, 545x350) Image search: [Google]
where do you keep the milk.png
158 KB, 545x350
I don't see why I can't have fun with both Doom 4 and the classic Doom games. I love Doom 4 so far but I'm still going to be making maps and playing Doom 2 until the day I die.
>>
>>337736495
im talking about DOOM 4 tho. not the original game
>>
You totally forgot:
>checkpoints
>total lack of modding
>RPG elements pretty much necessary, unless you enjoy carrying only 20 SG ammo, and wasting 5 of them to a single low-level enemy

also, Doom 64 had badass and hard boss.

>>337735952
that's what the consolikids truly believe.
>>
>>337736293
>i can't fucking read so everything you said is invalid
best deflection I've seen yet
>>
I think I'll buy it
I only hope that it will run on my toaster
gtx560ti here
>>
>>337735524
i just wish enemies only staggered at a lower and not ALL THE TIME. god its so easy to chain invincible hp-filling glorykills.
>>
>>337736735
> Wanting to save scum in Doom
I bet you never did a pistol only restart run in the original games fgt.
>>
>>337736735
Oh right, seriously forgot about that.

RPG Elements gave me the DoomRPG feeling so i had no problem with it but its debatable.

The checkpoints may have made this game feel casual but the old doom lets you save anywhere, so there's not much of a difference.

I Haven't thought of the modding. No mod support is a bummer but it wasn't my concern. can't speak for everyone so don't take my word on this.
>>
>>337736825
>560ti bro
my nigga!
we'll be fine. Consoles run old mobile-shit components, afterall. Plus, like so many modern games, D44M also looks near identical on all graphical settings.

I won't be wasting my money on this shit before it's around 20 bucks, tops.

>>337737195
>kill couple enemies
>auto save
>cutscene happens
>die, and have to watch it again

versus

>save whenever you want
>if you forgot to save, you pistol-start from beginning, or go back to prev. save.

guess which one's more cancerous.
>>
>>337736749
Sadly our CIO said this to a guy who was explaining how he played a major role in restructuring our network setup
>>
Is there an option to play the game with the guns in the center of the screen.

This is make or break for me
>>
>>337737381
>No mod support is a bummer but it wasn't my concern
it's more of the game's own concern.
Doom and Quake have remained relevant to this day, because they allowed the community to create brand new content within the game, and share it around. Especially Quake has amazing track record at this, being the spawning point of Machinima circles, Capture The Flag game-mode, Team Fortress, Action Quake, Half-Life... etc.

You can't go to these extremes with SnapMap, as you cannot import new visuals or features to the game, and you also gotta deal with very strict asset AND max player count limits.

>>337737634
No.
>>
File: DUDE CHAINSAW LMAO.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
DUDE CHAINSAW LMAO.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Check this
>>
>>337737761
I Agree but i think this is the kind of game that becomes forgotten in a month or two so even with mod support, it wont get alot of attention long-term

Like Fallout 4
>>
>>337737886
...and people think this is fun, "fast", or even balanced?

>>337737968
>I Agree but i think this is the kind of game that becomes forgotten in a month or two so even with mod support, it
it's DOOM.
Would there be actual modding tools, this thing would become the next big thing for indies.
>>
>>337737425
>kill couple enemies
>auto save
>cutscene happens
>die, and have to watch it again
Except that never happens. Pretty sure it always autosaves after cutscenes
>>
>>337738208
>autosaves
>cutscenes
>RPG elements
>no mods
Is this really the new Doom?
I've not played it yet, but pls tell me that's not true
>>
og doom fag here, love the original games nothing will ever top them. new doom is fun too though i have no clue why people complain about the ammo I constantly run out of ammo for my shotgun which I dont even see as an issue because the game gives you enough other weapons. Also the shitposters saying its linear are shitposting way too hard. I did a little back tracking in level 2 got the plasma gun early after jumping into a hatch I noticed was locked earlier. Its not just linear path from arena to arena so just shut the fuck up about it. I know the shitposting is coming from little kids and third world faggots who cant afford it so I hope they get a crack soon so we can have some actual discussion. I also do not mind the glory kills when you turn off the glow indicator it makes it way more fun to do them. They aren't necessary shitposters they are fun actually and this is someone who thinks brutal doom is a brazilian autism simulator.

Multiplayer honestly isnt that bad, its better than cod or halo from having healthpacks alone playing freeze tag and clan arena with my friends is fun. Its not that great but neither was original doom multiplayer still love it though.

tl;dr new doom is fun wont replace the classics but still fun on its own. doesnt matter if it uses the doom name its fun
>>
>>337735524
The biggest problem I have with the new DOOM game isn't even that it's particularly bad. As an FPS in 2016, it's pretty damn great.

My problem with it is it completely misses the point of what DOOM is supposed to be.

DOOM was never about being a BADASS SPACE MARINE RIP AND TEAR SO BRUTAL SO METAL. That was always just window dressing.
Doom is supposed to be about careful resource management and environmental puzzles in a particularly hostile environment, which is something I feel the new DOOM, and a lot of hardcore DOOM fans, for that matter, completely misses.

It's a dumb thing to say, and I hate it when people use this line, but this game really is "A good game, but a bad DOOM game"
>>
>>337738853
This. Fucking this!

The nu-Doom is literally a game about Doom-related internet memes. Made by systematical AAA devs at that.
>>
>>337735524
I feel like as more and more people are getting the chance to play it, the more people here agree that it's actually pretty good. It's hard not to like it once you've had the chance to play it.

Hopefully somebody can break the DRM soon enough, so that the shitposters can also take a crack at it.
>>
>>337735524
>once you get to a wider area then you will get the speed you want
I still find the speed lacking, I appreciate the way faster enemy projectiles but without the speed I'm so used to in Doom 1 to back it up I feel like I get hit a lot due to being too slow to dodge, then the game becomes more about positioning then dodging, which don't get me wrong can be great, but in order for it to be great it requires Doom's original enemy synergy, which this game has none of, its all just demons meant to be somewhat of a threat on their own.

This is really apparent when you play some of the classic maps and realize just how much different this game's mechanics become once you take away the original speed of Doom 1 and 2.
>>
>>337738853
It does miss that in some ways like health but you still have to explore for armor. I think the mechanics it does replace it with are still fun. I think remaking doom just like it was but with HD graphics would be dumb. I also don't mind the upgrading system I think it gives the game more replayability. I am going to try a no upgrade run once I beat the game a couple times.
>>
File: gzdoom.png (188 KB, 512x230) Image search: [Google]
gzdoom.png
188 KB, 512x230
So, when it comes to playing classic doom...

I know the source port is most of it, but does the actual version of the game you're running through the source port matter?
I'm running the steam DOSbox version through GZDoom and while the resolution is greatly improved, the enemies look very blurry. It's kind of distracting from the otherwise nicely upresed textures.
Also, unlike what I've seen online in videos, I don't have green font for my health or ammo when it's above a certain percentage, and the music only sounds marginally better. How do I get it to sound like https://youtu.be/BSsfjHCFosw

Just started Doom 4 btw on PC and really enjoying it. Not a huge fan of how it's basically brutal Doom 2, but whatever.
>>
>>337738853
i feel like they did a good job taking the spirit of the original doom and creating a modern shooter out of it. At the end of the day, if you want a game that is just like original doom with no changes to anything at all, then just go play original doom.
>>
File: Doom1 on ZDoom.jpg (135 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Doom1 on ZDoom.jpg
135 KB, 1360x768
>>337739623
GZDoom has tons of stupid "enhancements" enabled by default, namely fucking filters. It's one reason I don't recommend starting playing Doom with it; you spend the first 5 minutes tweaking shit, instead of playing. I'd use Chocolate Doom at first, or ZDoom at very least.

Green font never was in OG Doom. Dunno why'd you want that. Probably belongs to some mod or more extreme source-port.

The game's music is in MIDI format. How the music sounds to you depends totally on your system's soundcard, and its MIDI samples / potential applied effects. That YT video you posted clearly has lots of echo, and some modern samples.
>>
>Power Rankings

1. Doom II
2. Doom
3. Doom 64
4. Final Doom
5. Doom 2016
6. Doom ^3
>>
>>337740035
Ah ok.

How simple is it to tweak the enhancements on or off or add new ones?
>>
It needed the Fear kick instead of the qte's. Also, more detailed gore, different weapons resulting in different gibs.
>>
>>337739948
>At the end of the day, if you want a game that is just like original doom with no changes to anything at all, then just go play original doom.
This is always such a shitty excuse.

People complaining about D44M are not asking 1:1 copy of the originals without changes. What "we" are asking is actual dedication to authenticity and style of the game you're emulating, down to the fucking name.

Croteam did it fucking perfectly with Serious Sam 3. Yeah, little bitches still complain about "added" reload and ADS mechanics, but those are in the end very minor elements in the whole picture (plus only found on couple weapons). Everything else is good ol' Sam, and the modern re-designs of enemies and such simply rock.
>>
Game is a solid 8/10. Better than the New Order by 1 point.

If the QTE executions were not in the game it would be a 9/10
>>
File: How Filters Hurt gaming.png (1 MB, 1322x768) Image search: [Google]
How Filters Hurt gaming.png
1 MB, 1322x768
>>337740246
you go to this thing called "OPTIONS", and disable / enable shit you want.
>>
>>337740352
SS3 Did what D44M Couldn't do.

Stick to its roots
>>
>>337735592
I thought the hell guards was a fun boss fight. Especially when you're fighting two of them at once, felt really hectic.
>>
I just want them to let me use the chainsaw rather then it being a fucking glory kill
>>
File: 1445359024498.jpg (55 KB, 503x518) Image search: [Google]
1445359024498.jpg
55 KB, 503x518
>once you get to a wider area then you will get the speed you want
You don't understand how speed works, at all

>cause Doom 1 and 2 never had too much enemies onscreen to begin with
Okay no, fucking stop
There is a point where I willing stop reading a post and this is it

We have 50 fucking shill threads a day, with no actual game discussion, and we don't need you polluting the catalog. Either discuss the game or just let the shitty piece of fuck die
>>
>>337740464
Holy shit, is that what the enemies look like by default in GZDoom?

That looks fucking terrible.
>>
It's worse than shadow warrior but nobody raved about that :(
>>
File: SS3 = Literally Doom 4.jpg (3 MB, 1357x3061) Image search: [Google]
SS3 = Literally Doom 4.jpg
3 MB, 1357x3061
>>337740492
This.
Ironically enough, it also did Doom much better than D44M, being originally Croteams attempt to create Doom 4.

>>337740586
Yup. Also, many sprites are missing couple pixels from their bottom, the text does not scale by default with resolution - resulting tiny messages at HD resos, and many other similar glitches you gotta edit out from settings.
>>
>>337740035
There actually is a way to get the remastered OST in the game, but I have no idea how to do it. I've seen people with it.
>>
>>337740745
I don't have any of those issues, and I just installed the latest version.
>>
>>337740974
I just installed the newest version (first ever 64 bit version) yesterday and my enemies look like fucking shit.

Also the music sounds go barely better than the DOS version. The Xbox 360 Arcade version sounds better.
>>
>>337740943
yes, there's mods for that.
I just don't see the point. The old midis are very charming.

>>337740974
>>337741113
conflicting posts, or earlier Anon got himself a special, properly configured version ?

>The Xbox 360 Arcade version sounds better.
they might've used custom MIDI library + tremble effects for Xbox 360.
>>
>>337740943
Here's a link for remastered music
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=24423

How you put it in I have no idea.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (227 KB, 1032x795) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
227 KB, 1032x795
>>337739623
If you go to Sound Options, you can find the MIDI DEVICE option. It defaults to FMOD I think?
Anyway, change it to your specific sound card synth if you have one.
>>
>>337737968
Did you just cherry pick Fallout 4 out of the entire series? And what about Elder Scrolls and its "fading community".

Like seriously the modding community isnt a PC thing, its a series thing. As long as you dont ruin the fuckin game and keep it modable, you'll get your old fans.

Although I do agree that in this case that it was unlikely the fans would join up. Like I said they had 2 things to not fuck up on, and yet...
>>
Should I buy doom for 34 dollars to hold me off till overwatch? Is the online good?
>>
File: d4 PC performance - 1080p.png (149 KB, 1299x3103) Image search: [Google]
d4 PC performance - 1080p.png
149 KB, 1299x3103
>>337736825
according to these benchmarks, a GTX 660ti can get decent framerates at Ultra settings.
>>
>>337742097
Honestly, just get overwatch and wait till DOOM drops the price to under 20 bucks.
>>
>>337742153
When is Vulkan patch expected to come out?
>>
>>337742168
I have overwatch preordered but I have nothing to do until it releases and I'm having really bad withdrawals
>>
File: wut.jpg (10 KB, 206x206) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
10 KB, 206x206
So... Doom 4 is a good game?
>>
>>337742381
Check out hatred, you might like it
>>
The menu music is actually pretty great and kinda gives me a Terminator vibe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG_A-tF6yKo
>>
>>337742583
It's a solid 6/10.
>>
File: doom hell 2.jpg (377 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
doom hell 2.jpg
377 KB, 1920x1080
>>337742583
yes. just good though, it's no masterpiece.
>>
>>337737886
>literally freezes midair to perform "cool" "fun" "fastpaced" animation with almost no input from either person
>>
>>337742769

>letting multiplayer detract from how great the single player is
>>
>>337742684
is that a remix of e1m8?
>>
>>337742875
Doom is supposed to have good multiplayer, so yeah. That could detract from it.
>>
File: 1462083280089.jpg (43 KB, 344x344) Image search: [Google]
1462083280089.jpg
43 KB, 344x344
post yfw doomguy is canonically revealed to be jesus in doom 5

>literally conquered death, hell and the grave
>chosen by God to kill demons
>came back to bring a sword (chainsaw)
>>
>>337742882

they're both called Sign of Evil
>>
>>337738853
what the fuck? it's as if you haven't even played it.

>Doom is supposed to be about careful resource management and environmental puzzles in a particularly hostile environment

that's exactly what this game is.
>>
File: doom 2.jpg (276 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
doom 2.jpg
276 KB, 1920x1080
>>337742875
I was only talking about the single player though. it's pretty fun, but it's not 10/10 material like some have been saying. It also looks pretty nice.
>>
File: 1457366396075.png (585 KB, 2000x1519) Image search: [Google]
1457366396075.png
585 KB, 2000x1519
>>337735524
>On higher difficulties, you are basically stuck to doing them over and over to get through the game so it gets repetitive
>however you can kill enemies and just dont do em overall, you can basically finish the game without em (not counting the bosses). lots of pick-up items so no worries.

what
>>
Does Berserk spawn in MP?
>>
>>337737195
>Turning a two hour game of fast action and carnage into a ten hour game of peek-a-boo
Why would you do this?
>>
File: 1448229271267.jpg (1 MB, 1028x1500) Image search: [Google]
1448229271267.jpg
1 MB, 1028x1500
>>337742583
Its really not.
The areas are either tight corridors with 5 enemies, or giant arenas with maybe 9. The speed is still slow, you have to use runes and upgrades to get it. The healing kills make the game easy, and the glory kills are retarded. It just feels like Id forgot how to make a game and just wanted a feel good game instead

>>337742769
This guy is an obvious shill
>>
>>337735524
>>337735592
Doom was the most shockingly good game on the market when it came out. This whole " well it's decent" attitude is the real cancer killing videogames.
>>
>>337743465
>The speed is still slow

I mean, yeah it's not as fast as original doom, but it's faster than literally every other game.
>>
>>337743861
Advanced Warfare was hella fast.
>>
File: gdfsgd.jpg (86 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
gdfsgd.jpg
86 KB, 600x600
>>337735524
It's a mediocre "modern" fps with consolitis up the ass.
There is no misinformation, it's just that simple.-
>>
>>337739623
>but does the actual version of the game you're running through the source port matter?
No, there is only one iwad per game, the one you got through steam is the exact same that you'd get anywhere else.
>>
Only thing I miss is the dedicated quick save slot.

I hate having to fight an encounter over and over on the chance I die.
>>
>>337743465
>>337744045
You're really proving you've never even touched the game. UV is frentic as fuck with you having to be constantly on the move lest you get torn apart in seconds.

It helps to formulate your own opinions by playing it yourself instead of puking up shit you read on /v/.
>>
File: 1417307238173.png (92 KB, 193x315) Image search: [Google]
1417307238173.png
92 KB, 193x315
>>337735524
>>337735592
You sound like a Bethesda $hill who mistook 4chan with Reddit.
Fuck off.
>>
>>337743465
>>337744045
>"nuh uh"
so this is a valid opinion? a shitty animu pic and basically "its shit" comment?
did you played the game by any chance? , honest question
>>
>>337735592
Cyberdemon was more difficult than the final boss.
>>
>>337744216
You save scummed in Doom?
>>
>>337736574
>Find Doom Builder 2
>Download and install it
>Only lets you make maps
>Doesn't let you do anything else with WADS
Never have I been so thoroughly disappointed by a modding tool.
>>
>>337744592
There is not more to say for me, really. What sets it apart from others? There is nothing even remotely "special" about the game, and on top it doesn't know what it wants.
The glory kill bullshit is just so out of place, it's horrendously easy, and just plain shallow. It doesn't excel at anything. Doom3 set itself apart but at least succeeded at that. It wasn't doom anymore but by itself a interesting game.
D4 is just...yeah shallow and bland.
If you got low standards and/or are a console player it's probably a fun title for you, that's just not a good argument for a board for and about video-game enthusiasts. Or at least it shouldn't be.
>>
>Can't track blood
>Can't see your feet
>95% of the color pallet is red
The gameplay is solid but everybody's going to compare it unfavorably to Uncharted 4.
>>
>>337735524
>I played Doom 1 and 2 in 1995
Here we fucking go.
>>
Can't have those funny saved games

Will never have a map like go2it (plutonia) or go4it (plutonia2)

Plasma gun is a supersoaker
Rocket launcher shoots beanbags
Chainsaw gives you ammo (???)
Upgrade suit to hold more ammo (???)
Backpack of ammo not in game
Automap is awful
Cinematic are awful and cringe
All npcs are the same
Wanna-be shodan
Wtf.jpg
Cod multiplayer gangnam style dance purple armor meeemz
Glory kill for hp
Game adjusts rewards based on player health
Level design. Is bad
Crazy taxi arrow at top of the screen GO HERE
"Secrets" LOl

Boss fights suck
Movement sucks
U NEED UPGRAYDE 2 DUBBLEJUMP

Bodies disappear in 4 seconds.

I could go on.
>>
>>337745206
>The gameplay is solid but everybody's going to compare it unfavorably to Uncharted 4

but it's absolutely nothing like Uncharted 4.
>>
File: 1425235807692.png (134 KB, 791x795) Image search: [Google]
1425235807692.png
134 KB, 791x795
>>337735524
>cause Doom 1 and 2 never had too much enemies onscreen to begin with

Bullshit
>>
>>337745006
Doom Builder is the best, most useful wad editor in existence.
Stuff like adding resources to wads or creating scripts for levels or whatever are usually done with additional programs you download separately. Though Doom Builder has an ACS scripting tool built in somewhere.
>>
>>337743303
the shot gun is shit thought
SSG gauss and the minigun in mobile turret mode are the shit
>>
>>337736293
>Take a technical writing course to post on /v/
what in the fuck ....LOOOKATME.....DLKSJLFKJDF.......IM,WRITING--IMPROPLERLY+==+=+WOOOOOO

come find me bitch
>>
>>337745558
>Bodies disappear in 4 seconds

To be fair, that is a valid point. Does anyone know if there's a console command to make the ragdolls last longer?
>>
>>337735524
One thing I liked was that the BFG seems to be based off the Doom64 design
>>
>>337745697
sounds like someone didn't get explosive shell and upgrade it the whole way.

the SSG is better, I just use the regular shotty's explosive shell on possessed, imps, rizers, and hell knights to conserve ammo a bit.
>>
File: 1410448651253.jpg (71 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
1410448651253.jpg
71 KB, 500x494
>>337735524
wtf are you talking about? the game is great, I bought a box copy for myself and for a friend
>>
>>337745154
>If you got low standards and/or are a console player it's probably a fun title for you
With that i can see why you think that.
I am wasting my time with you, i hope a crack release soon so you can try the game.
>>
>>337735524
>the "barely few enemies onscreen" argument is kinda dumb. cause Doom 1 and 2 never had too much enemies onscreen to begin with.

Sounds like you've never played Doom on Ultra Violence
>>
>>337745813
There was a way to do that on Doom 3, though it fucked up with some in-game events. I remember having a door not opening because it relied on the corpse despawning as trigger.
>>
>>337745859
i did but like you said the double shot make it so much better
i use SSG for cleaming the small one (everythings up to mancubus )
gauss and minigun for else (specially the fucker with their shield)
>>
>>337745871
Now who's the one with no arguments?
You don't fool anyone shill~kun.
>>
>>337745889
the themselves enemy feels slow they don't attack much but they do much more damage than in the first doom thought so i guess it's kinda balance
i played all of them in UV for info
>>
Even in the first doom, a square hit by an imp could take 40-60% health depending on the range of the shot.
>>
>>337746603
yeah but UV was the hardest now there is nightmare and ultra nightmare
and most people compare it to the new UV wich is easier
>>
>>337746794
>>337746603
i mean nightmare was the hardest
>>
>>337746414
what are your arguments?
Glory kills?
>shallow and bland.
>don't tell why just buzwords
>then just say buzzwords like "its ok at best" , "low standarts" , "my taste is better" , when is obvious you didn't know shit about the game.
that just tell me you didn't played the game , i am not wasting my time with you.
>>
>Check doom streams
>4 multiplayer streams, the rest are playing the campaign
Ok.
>>
>>337735524

>the BFG Sounds were disappointing.

disappointing compared to what? doom1? it sounds awesome.
>>
>>337745805
Enjoy your ban newshit, don't come back.
>>
>>337746603
>Even in the first doom, a square hit by an imp could take 40-60% health depending on the range of the shot.
No it doesn't, Imps in Doom 1 do a range from 8-24 with both their melee and their fireball. The best they can do is kill you in 5 hits
>>
>>337746603
No. The absolute highest an imp could do in Doom 1 was 24 damage. http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Imp

Barons however can do up to 80, same for the Revenant's missle.
>>
File: DOOMx64_2016_05_15_23_04_23_854.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DOOMx64_2016_05_15_23_04_23_854.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I keep seeing people talking shit, but it's so clear they haven't played it.

So here. I'll post this. This is the map for level 2. To shitposters this will go right over their heads, but to the people that get it, they will know what I'm implying.
>>
>>337748238
I've played the first three levels and at no point was there any question which direction to go. The glowing icons on the HUD pointing you where to go really avoid any silly nonsense
>>
File: 1325209989954.jpg (72 KB, 400x594) Image search: [Google]
1325209989954.jpg
72 KB, 400x594
>>337748545
Thanks for the input bub. Clearly the post wasn't for you
>>
>>337742153
how is 750ti that low, wasn't that better than the ps4 gpu?
>>
>>337745154
>that's just not a good argument for a board for and about video-game enthusiast

Do you even know where you are?
>>
>>337743465
>posts weeaboo porn
>expects anyone to take his opinion seriously.

Good one, bro.
>>
>>337745154
>The glory kill bullshit is just so out of place, it's horrendously easy
This is a pretty good point, though. From footage I've seen, it looks like they give you a HUGE window to run in and execute it.
>>
>>337749282
Thing is it's riskier than it looks, doing it first requires making a beeline toward said enemy and they could be surrounded by others, the other big risk is that just after you execute one, you're vulnerable, leaving you open to a stray imp fireball possibly taking more than you gained even at low health.
>>
>>337747592

And that's if you're unarmored.

Hell, at least armor in Doom 1/2 actually has more of a mechanic to it than "here's some extra HP, except we won't call it HP"
>>
>>337740070
>Doom II at the top
I can safely disregard your atrocious opinions.
>>
>>337748794

Most 750 Ti's in the wild are low power chips used in laptops or half-height HTPC cards so the rank isn't surprising.

Also Consoles don't run at settings equivalent to Ultra on PC.
>>
Are higher difficulties just more HP for enemies?
>>
>>337751285

Not even. All higher difficulty does is make you take more damage.

They can't throw more enemies at you or change up encounters because of map and engine limitations.

They can't make the enemies tougher or they invalidate the "fast-paced combat" buzzword.

The enemies are already as smart as they can be even on easymode, again because of "fast-paced combat", so they can't make them smarter on higher difficulty.
>>
>>337751285
Spawns are affected as well. UV sends quite a few more enemies your way. Foundry had me dealing with two Hell Knights on the pretty small areas.
>>
>>337736293
>technical writing course
What are these like? Do they actually help when the time comes to write?
>>
YOU'RE LITERALLY NOT A HARDCORE GAMER IF YOU DON'T BUY THIS GAME!!!

STOP BEING SO CASUAL \V\!!
>>
>>337751875
>lying about the number of enemies
>j-just raise the difficulty
a new low
>>
>>337750709
So a 750 ti will probably do fine at medium in 72p, which is what I use.
Can't wait for this thing to go discounted.
>>
>>337740492
I hope Serious Sam 4 sticks to it's roots, whenever it comes out.
>>
I like Doom 1 and 2, and I like the new doom.

you guys are jaded faggots who shit on every game you see
>>
>>337751875

That happens on Foundry even at easier difficulty.
>>
>>337738853
This, it's gameplay is a bit overdesigned for a DOOM game
>>
>>337748238
I don't think I've seen a level map like this since... Metroid Prime probably. That was over a decade ago.

Will this game blow Millennial's minds?
>>
>>337752861
One of the level designers at Retro is one of the head designers at ID right now.

So believe it or not, it actually has a bit of Metroid Prime flavor in the level design. Once you get the double jump it's super obvious.
>>
>>337740745
That mancubus design is much better than the ayy shit in Doom 4
>>
>>337738853
Their inspiration was Brutal Doom, which is where about 90% of the game is ripped from.

Personally I feel they should just let the venerable series die already but then this is business, gotta beat a dead horse until it coughs up the last bit of dough left I guess.
>>
>>337753051
I'm pretty sure a male succubus is an incubus
>>
>>337752802
AND BABY I HAVE JADED YOU
>>
>>337753275
Look up the mancubus on the Doom wiki for their explanation of the name
>>
>>337739197

Confirmed for never playing it.
>>
File: succubus (male).jpg (34 KB, 307x386) Image search: [Google]
succubus (male).jpg
34 KB, 307x386
>>337753275
Wrong
>>
>>337744372
>UV is really frantic
Nah, not really.
Its mostly just avoiding particles and picking off enemies slowly. Its okay but nowhere near an old FPS
>>
>>337752857
Really? I saw a stream that was on HMP, and I swear i'm having slightly more enemies spawn in UV.
>>
>>337753703
>Rip and tear
>You are the demons
>>
>>337737886
>0:25
>literally stops in midair to play chainsaw animation
D R O P P E D
>>
File: AyIfg7+21spSAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png (36 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
AyIfg7+21spSAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
36 KB, 640x400
>>337753275
Nope.
An incubus does the fucking
A succubus gets fucked
>>
>>337743465
season 3 fucking never
>>
>>337739623
>GZDoom
>Not Zdoom or Chocolate Doom
>>
File: 4f9.jpg (28 KB, 600x494) Image search: [Google]
4f9.jpg
28 KB, 600x494
What a fucking shit opinion.
>>
>>337754548
Yeah why isn't he spouting VEE IS WRONG ONCE AGAIN YOU HATE EVERYTHING UNLIKE ME like everyone else
>>
>>337754513
GZDoom does let you have more freedom with mods, and you can always turn the filters off. Russian Overkill is the perfect way to fuck over slaughter maps.
>>
My problem with it so far is that it just feels decent. I just played 1 and 2 for the first time recently and had a fucking blast and burned through each in 1 or 2 sessions, but I don't feel a huge desire to keep playing this.

Especially considering how huge and innovative Doom was, I guess I don't really see the point of this one existing. It just feels like a shiny new looking Doom that's a bit more boring.
>>
>>337753731
>>337753998
According to your gay doujin?
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.