[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy Shovel Knight >it's fun >have to buy an Amiibo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1420328813155.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1420328813155.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>buy Shovel Knight
>it's fun
>have to buy an Amiibo to play coop
>have to pay to unlock the game
>have to buy a fucking TOY TO UNLOCK THE GAME
Fuck Nintendo.
>>
>playing SK on Wii
>somehow it's nintendo's fault
>>
You're surprised consoles do ridiculous shit to take your money away from you?

One of the largest appeals to playing on PC is your ability to avoid bullshit like this because you're not using proprietary hardware.
>>
>>337730328
Is it unlocked in the PS4 version? I can always return it and get the PS4 version if it is.
>>
>>337730687
If by "unlocked" you mean fully unlocking local co-op, then no. If you don't want the Shovel Knight Amiibo and still want local co-op, your only recourse is to get the PC version and fetch an unofficial mod.
>>
>>337730490
you still have to upgrade your PC every other year to play the newest games so the costs are the same as the consoles :^D
>>
File: 1451525648406.jpg (57 KB, 594x598) Image search: [Google]
1451525648406.jpg
57 KB, 594x598
>>337731369
Better upgrade twice a year, just to be sure.
>>
>>337730153
>buy Shovel Knight
>it's fun
>can't play coop

Fuck everything else.
>>
>>337731369
>tfw got a GTX 750 Ti and an AMD Phenom II x4 965
>been using this for years now
>it can run the latest Doom just fine

:^DDD
>>
>>337731771
Consoles holding back the industry actually saved us money.
>>
>>337730153
Good goy
>>
It was the developer's decision to make the amiibo. They even had to pay for production. Nintendo shits all over for amiibo but blame Yacht Club for that one.
>>
>>337730490
your propriety software is going to be just as bad as consoles in the next few years. screenshot this, i shit you not steam will someohow start charging a maintinence fee, or a activation fee, or some other monthly bullshit to nickel and dime you guys
>>
>>337731369
You don't need a high-spec PC to play an 8-bit game from a 2-bit developer.
>>
>>337731771
YEAH BUT WHATS THE FPS WHATS THE FRAMERATE THESE ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT MATTER I ONLY PLAY DOTA 2 ANYWAY OH GOD
>>
>>337734731
No it won't. Software doesn't lock you into shit. If people don't like it, they use a different service or create their own.
>>
>>337731369
>play the newest games
its as if theres new games worth playing
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.