[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats the catch? Its literally half the price on steam (CAD79.99)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (216 KB, 996x592) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
216 KB, 996x592
whats the catch? Its literally half the price on steam (CAD79.99) for the exact same thing (a steam key)

how is this possible/legal? am I being tricked?
>>
exploiting currency exchange rates
>>
Giantbomb covered this in last weeks episode of bombcast and a lot of times they fraudently acquire the keys by posing as other people so getting the keys from them may or may not result in you getting blamed for shit.

i mean you know damn well if something is too good to be true it is. thats how our world works so use your head, ya know?
>>
>>337727363
From what I have heard, ordering from these sites can make you wait a week to a month for your key to actually arrive. I heard this specifically about Doom, but occasionally this issue happens for other games.

Other than that the system seems to work.
>>
>>337727629
It isn't too good to be true though. Ive used them for multiple new releases with absolutely no issues.
>>
Started buying my shit from there about a year ago, probably bought about 10 games so far and haven't gotten into any trouble.
>>
>>337727705
bought at least a dozen games, never had to wait more than a few minutes for the key.
>>
>>337727705
takes literally seconds senpai
>>
>>337727705
this is fucking bullshit
>>
>>337727363
>buy a key with stolen credit card
>sell it on g2a
>>
>>337727705
Got it from CDKeys for $32 immediately.
>>
buy from reputable sellers and there's literally nothing illegal
>>
>>337727705

Pre ordered on instantgaming for 32 euro bucks, got my keys the day before release. Bought a lot of game from that store, never had an issue.

>>337727363

They buy retail boxes in large quantities which is a lot cheaper, take photographies of the keys and that's what they sell.
>>
>>337727363
it allows them to launder money at 50-75% the nonlaundered value. untraceable, instant, and with a guaranteed market
>>
>>337727363
>how is it possible?
Users upload keys to sell, often it's left over shit from bundles or promotional offers.
>is it legal?
Yes, no laws against selling keys. Although if it is an illegally acquired key a company might remove the game from your library. Doesn't always happen though, and is actually rare.
>>
There's nothing wrong with buying keys from other countries

people who actively defend segregation of the market so they milk every country individually are the biggest sheep
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.