[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: DaS 3.jpg (244 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DaS 3.jpg
244 KB, 1200x650
What went wrong?
>>
Input lag and shitty camera ruins a lot of boss fights.
>>
Almost nothing, surprisingly enough. It's easily one of the best Soulsborne games by a wide margin. It's certainly the most polished.

The only real complaint I can think of is that whole Poise bullshit
>>
File: garg.png (670 KB, 749x689) Image search: [Google]
garg.png
670 KB, 749x689
the gargoyles look like shit
>>
I still hate the whole fashion souls thing. Armor is trash. Poise is trash.
>>
>>337724642
Camera is really bad. Lock-on system is fucked up. Also the game throws at you Bloodborn tier fast enemies while retaining the old Dark Souls slow as fuck gameplay. There is alot wrong with DaS III bruh.
>>
>>337724219
It lied to me about poise so I fucked up my build until I was reborn thanks to Rosaria.

But aside from that? Almost nothing. Probably my favourite Souls game. It combined Dark Souls with Demon's Souls and refined the elements of both.
>>
>>337724219
Bonfires everywhere

Gimmicky boss fights

A fucked up armor system

Too many boss/special weapons

Rings are shit

Too many fucking resins (whats the point of buff spells) and not enough normal weapons to use them on (and the number decreases if you use infusions)

Lame dragon fights

spells are garbage, both for combat and utility

Base weapon damage is garbage for almost anything that isn't a straight sword

Fist moveset is garbage

Item find seems useless as most materials/weapons/armor can be purchased from the old lady.
>>
>>337724460
DSP plz go
>>
>>337725118

Lock-on system is the same as always and it's fine.

>Also the game throws at you Bloodborn tier fast enemies while retaining the old Dark Souls slow as fuck gameplay

You clearly haven't played 1 or 2 lately.
>>
>>337724219
I liked the game very much and im still enjoying it. So what you don't have poise it takes a little getting used to but it's not so bad. Also invading ganksquads and killing them is the best feeling ever
>>
>>337725118
>Bloodborn tier fast enemies
What enemies? I'm only up to past the Pontiff and the only enemy I can think of are those human-dogs.
>>
>>337724219
In almost every aspect except visuals DS3 is worse then DS1 and even DS2 Scholar.
>>
>>337725892
>even DS2 Scholar

Now that's some really bad opinion.
>>
>>337725102
I have a love hate with the armor system. I like it cause now I can just wear whatever the fuck I want

I hate it because armor has no purpose at all besides dress up
>>
>tfw I fell for the bleed build meme

Yeah thanks assholes helps a lot on ghosts in irythill
>>
File: 1462329064158.png (525 KB, 1040x1040) Image search: [Google]
1462329064158.png
525 KB, 1040x1040
>>337725961
Explain to me please how this game in it's current state is any better then DS2?
>>
>>337726456
Explain how it's worse.
>>
>>337724219
Bonfires every 10 feet
>>
>>337726319
Bleed build is the best all-round build you can have. Hollow weapons have almost the exact same str/dex scaling as vanilla weapons while also scaling with luck so the AR is often greater than heavy/sharp/refined infusions, bleed just becomes an awesome bonus for any enemy that's susceptible to it. Higher luck also means you'll have an easier time farming for those concords and swordgrass.
>>
>>337726456
Better areas. Better bosses. Better lore. Non retarded enemy placement. Faster gameplay. No agility. No heal gems. No soul memory.
Not being boring ass piece of shit in general outside of DLC areas.
>>
>>337726545

>Copy and paste weapons
>Armor is nearly useless and most of it is copy and paste from DS1
>Despite DS2 having 31 bosses and half of them were meme bosses, it's best bosses more interesting then DS3 bosses.
>Better story
>Better Covenants
>PVP meta that actually allows something more then R1 spam
>>
>>337724642
>certainly the most polished
This has to be fucking bait.
>>
>>337727598
>Copy and paste weapons
>when arguing in favour in DaS2
Post completely disregarded.
>>
>>337724219

Not much. It's pretty good. A few bosses are a bit bullshit IMO (never run out of stamina). I really enjoyed it. It's the game DaS2 should've been.
>>
>>337727997
DS2 brought many fan favs back from DS1 which is fine, same with DS3. The difference is DS2 had a shit ton of new weapons added and even added a new spell class (Hex)

DS3 removed hexes, copied weapons from DS1 and DS2 and added half the weapons DS2 did.
>>
>>337727598
>Copy and paste weapons

About the same amount as in every souls game.

>Armor is nearly useless and most of it is copy and paste from DS1

So just like in 2, where if you're not wearing havel, you might as well just not bother with it at all.

> it's best bosses more interesting then DS3 bosses

The only great bosses in 2 were Fume Knight and Smelter Demon. Both are not even close to Pontiff, Soul of Cinder or Nameless king.

>Better story

You cannot be serious.

>PVP meta that actually allows something more then R1 spam

Yeah it allows 800 lvl players to invade 100 lvl.
>>
File: 1463141346997.jpg (127 KB, 728x609) Image search: [Google]
1463141346997.jpg
127 KB, 728x609
Nothing senpai it's as good as Bloodborne aka the GOAT
>>
>>337728874

>About the same amount as in every souls game.
Nope, check the wiki if you want. DS2 had more new weapons vanilla then DS3

>So just like in 2, where if you're not wearing havel, you might as well just not bother with it at all.
Lol you know that's not true. You sound like you never figured out how to kill the Havel fags

>The only great bosses in 2 were Fume Knight and Smelter Demon. Both are not even close to Pontiff, Soul of Cinder or Nameless king.
Look all those memes

>You cannot be serious
Collect Lord Cinders aka Lordsouls, bring them to a shrine, go to kiln of the first flame, kill Soul of Cinder aka Gywn

>Yeah it allows 800 lvl players to invade 100 lvl.

Lol
>>
>>337725452
>Bonfires everywhere
Never had an issue with this.
>Gimmicky boss fights
I think they're fine, but I understand wanting more "hardcore in your face melee" boss types but variety is better than having the same boss over and over.
>A fucked up armor system
Works better than the old one.
>Too many boss/special weapons
It's about the same as the older games.
>Rings are shit
I agree completely.
>Too many fucking resins (whats the point of buff spells) and not enough normal weapons to use them on (and the number decreases if you use infusions)
I agree, spell buffs should be way more potent than resins.
>Lame dragon fights
I guess so.
>spells are garbage, both for combat and utility
Agreed.
>Base weapon damage is garbage for almost anything that isn't a straight sword
Agreed completely, a lot of weapons need buffs, but all we're going to get is nerfs.
>Fist moveset is garbage
Yes.
>Item find seems useless as most materials/weapons/armor can be purchased from the old lady.
I think it's useful and I've noticed a huge increase in droprate after just putting in 8 points into luck.
>>
not much

the poise fiasco is rather unfortunate, but it has the best gameplay, enemies, and boss/level design of the series.

And it's only going to get better with the DLC
>>
>>337729264
This image is retarded
It should be the other way around, with three scissor kids as regulars, and the masked man being the single invader

Whoever made that image is a fucking moron
>>
>>337729879
>Look at all those memes
>Lol
LITERALLY no argument.

>story
Kill these guys and get their (the) lord souls for some reason, go to castle, talk to dragon, go into memories(???) kill completely random skeleton woman

>weapons
You are kidding yourself if you don't realise half of the weapons are just reskins.
>>
Tries so desperately to be DS1 but can't retain the same feeling/magic of the first game. Good ass try tho
>>
Im not going to lie, I didnt even finish it, got to the dungeon and sopped, I think ive finally grown tired of the gameplay. Thought it was just DaS2 but I really enjoyed Bloodborne, I think the combat is just very simple and there isnt alot they can do about that, this coupled with no poise and R1 spam to win in this one doesnt make for a terribly engaging experience, sure you can try using a different weapon but because theres no poise you are doing yourself a disservice. It worked in BB because you were fast and the overall pacing was much faster, but in this you can spam enemies to death and get spammed to death yourself by just trotting up to them and unloading your stamina bar, DaS was more about methodical precision, not speed and aggression. Also bonfires everywhere, what the fuck is with that, in road of sacrificies I remember scoffing at the fact that you literally just walk past 2 mobs and theres a bonfire, and the boss is just past that, there was no sense of progression, youre tripping over checkpoints from the outset.

Looking forward to Nioh, combat was pretty neat in that and it keeps the same groundwork as the Souls games.
>>
>>337724219
Every bonfire can teleport, thus no need to go through most area of the game a second time. The game's not about dungeon crawling anymore but just jump till the next checkpoint/bonfire. DaS2 had this problem but DaS3 had so many bonfires I never depleted all of my Estus before finding the next fire.
>>
>>337729879

>DS2 had more new weapons vanilla then DS3

And all of them had absolutely unique movesets that in no way resembled any weapon from before.
I'm not arguing that DS3 has more weapon, I'm saying that the quantity at this point doesn't matter. We're at the 4th souls game, there's only so much you can add to the swords, spears, axes and whatever else.
That's why we have bloodborne with all those new ridiculous weapons.

>Lol you know that's not true. You sound like you never figured out how to kill the Havel fags

You're missing the point again. Armor only really mattered in 1. Sure in 2 it wasn't complete fucking ass like in 3, so I'll give it a point for that. But it really wasn't much better.

>Look all those memes
>Collect Lord Cinders aka Lordsouls, bring them to a shrine, go to kiln of the first flame, kill Soul of Cinder aka Gywn
>Lol

Nice non arguments you have there.
>>
>>337724219
It didn't keep enough of DaS2's best parts.
>>
>>337724219
Armor selection is terrible and too much rehashed shit from Dark Souls 1
>>
- Tries way, way too hard to ride DaS1's dick
- Gameplay is the most fun yet but somehow it's incredibly unbalanced
. Bad boss camera
>>
>>337724642
It's certainly the most polished.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>337724219
It follows Bloodborne's design of "make enemies constitute 100% of the challenge instead of having environmental stuff like Sen's Fortress, Shulva's puzzles or needing to kill undeads near golems to open doors in Drangleic Castle", but it didn't have BB's combat to make up for it, so it's just wave after wave of stunlocking lone enemies to death.
>>
>>337730754
>but can't retain the same feeling/magic of the first game
Have you played DeS? Because it also tries to be like DeS. And it does feel like DeS.
>>
>>337724219
The biggest offence was not making skellingtons regenerate indefinitely. Blessed status was pointless in DaS3.
>>
>>337724219

>People actually hate DaS3

I can't tell if these are just trolls, or tasteless plebians whose first game was DaS2 and they genuinely thought that was what a souls game was supposed to be like.
>>
>>337733249
>People actually like DaS3

I can't tell if these are just trolls, or tasteless plebians whose first game was BB and they genuinely thought that was what a souls game was supposed to be like.
>>
>>337724642
dont listen /v/ loves to hate games, it good to know there are some /v/irgins that think for themselves
>>
>>337726456
not taking the bait
>>
>>337724219
Shit covenants

Hackers everywhere (worse than DS2).

New Game+ is boring, not much to it compared to previous Dark Souls games.

Too many people brought in to the franchise (Souls fans are going to become more obnoxious and annoying than they already are)

Easier than other Souls games (and this is the first Souls title that I've completed, I just finished Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, they're more difficult).

Magic and miracles are too weak (I don't really care about that one since I don't play casting builds)

Rehashed levels (I didn't mind that one either, this is my first Souls game but I can see why people would have a bone to pick when it comes to this, also the fanservice is cringy).

There are positives about this game but it's not that great that it justifies 60$ purchase. When they fix the hacking problem (or at least significantly reduce it), I'd say buy it when it's around 30$.

I've yet to play Bloodborne, heard good things about it. I don't know if it's just Sony fanbois exaggerating about their only exclusive or if it's good. I'd bet it's the latter simply judging about the setting, and a gameplay footage that I've seen.
>>
>>337734142
Bloodborne has gameplay thats different enough to stay engaging, not shilling but its up there with DaS1 because it all feels new, like you havent played it all before like with DaS2 and 3.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.