[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really as shit as everyone says? Considering trying it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: tos_logo[1].png (124 KB, 402x220) Image search: [Google]
tos_logo[1].png
124 KB, 402x220
Is it really as shit as everyone says? Considering trying it with a couple friends, but it sounds like a complete trainwreck
>>
>>337723292
maybe
>>
Yes it has failed in every regard to be the savior of MMOs

Play only if you want to circlejerk with fags on tosg
>>
It's shit and runs like shit.
>>
It's shit.
>Restricts the players in unnecessary ways to prevent botting but won't add a fucking captcha because it's "too restrictive"
>Terrible class balance
>Runs like fucking garbage
>>
Not really shit I'd say, it's just a pretty standard mmorpg and gets boring quickly.
>>
>>337723292
I like it because grindan gaems, serviceable with friends especially for sure
>>
>>337723292
I tried it because it was free and looked like RO.

It's alright.

Art's cool, controls suck (like it more on controller though), too many gold selling bots, too many bots, and the frames suck major dick. For some reason you may experience stutters every 5 seconds in big towns to every 30 seconds outside. Game crashes randomly about once a day.

I am determined to try the game until I become a Barbarian or a dragoon before I give up and think the devs aren't fixing it fast enough.
>>
it's nothing like RO, you're forced on a rail of quests to gain your xp. very repetitive, very grindy. but i'm sucker for the games art, music and class system
>>
If it's f2p, I'd download it just to get the music if you liked the original RO music. I listen to it on random when playing other games.

I paid the $10 early access. Game is trash and should be avoided.
>>
File: tos_cozymori.jpg (229 KB, 1140x753) Image search: [Google]
tos_cozymori.jpg
229 KB, 1140x753
there's something great burried in there, but i'm not recommending it to others.
>>
>ToS restricts fucking everything in the game to try to stop gold bots
>B&S bans in massive waves and gets a good number of legit players by accident in the process
>Neither actually does much to fix the problem and both still have rampant bot problems

Why are MMOs so fucked now
>>
>>337723292
>Kinda p2w
>Linear as fuck
>Solo que dungeons better then playing with friends
>>
>>337726127
The literal solution is to have a text filter in game that if you spam a message with similar characters it makes you run a capatcha or you get kicked. But that would require effort.
>>
>>337723292
Not much variety in looks. You'd have to grind to get different hair colors and outfits are restricted to costumes you have to pay for or your class.
>>
It's like a Early access
Frame rate is shit.
Starting skills become useless the more you play unless you level up that class.
You can't buy a reset for your class, this won't be so bad if they didn't made balances for some classes and this can fuck up your whole build.
Sometimes the main city is full and you can't go there and you need to wait.
It's 50% quest 50% Grind and it gets boring pretty fast.

The game looks nice and i really want to keep playing, but there are so many things that need to be polished.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.