[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Terrible games you want to like, but can't like because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Gungeon.jpg (195 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gungeon.jpg
195 KB, 1280x720
Terrible games you want to like, but can't like because of all the horrible design choices that keep on piling up.
>>
>>337723003
I have to say I agree. I want to like this game so much, but its so boring. Everything takes too long to kill, theres too many bad/situational guns, and finding passive/active items is far too rare.

Honestly if they'd just remove health scaling bullshit and fixed the first floor so it wasn't such a chore to play through it wouldn't be so bad.
>>
Literally git gud.
I thought the same about the game until I got good.
Starter gun for the Convict and Marine are really good so there is no excuse. Don't waste keys on brown chests and you'll see that everything will be better.
>>
>>337723929
But anon, playing trough the first floor literally gives me ADHD. Enemies just won't die.
Bosses involves 5 minute dodge dances while permanently poking them.
There is no ~umpfh~ in anything.
>>
File: 1321740553696.jpg (15 KB, 261x323) Image search: [Google]
1321740553696.jpg
15 KB, 261x323
>>337724183
Then the game is not for you, simple as that.
But that itself doesn't make the game bad.
>>
>>337723003
I've played about 40 hours and it's gotten pretty sloggy, there's no incentive to go to extra floors because keys are so rare and the enemies are so much more powerful with no payoff (not even any perfect bonuses). health scaling is bullshit. key and item payout in general is dogshit, which leads to the coolness system being utterly broken, the better you do the more shit you get and the less hits you take because of that, if you have bad luck with weapons and items you're shit out of luck and you take more damage and get less shit, leading to a lot frustrating games and the occasional blowout game. At least in Isaac, blue hearts let you still get devil deals but in Gungeon, even taking armor damage locks you out of a perfect.
>>
>Have no health
>health never drops

>Have full health
>Health drops

>Get cigarettes
>health never drops
>>
>>337723929
All the gitting gud in the world can't help all the shitty items/weapons and tedious pacing you have to endure

The game just isn't any fun
>>
File: images-5.jpg (22 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
22 KB, 300x168
Gungeon is a bag of shit

>Terrible pacing, first floor takes a lot longer than it should
>200 lolsorandum weapons,90% are reskinned pistols
>most items are shit, synergies are far between. A lot of A or S class weapons feel unbelievably weak
>Music is wank
>HP scaling means a basic bulletkin takes 2-3 clips on the later levels
>Loads of fun events/rooms that you will probably never see (glitched chests, door lord, mirrors, shrines)

There's a good game under there somewhere but it seems the devs 'balanced' the game so hard they made it a tedious pile of shit
>>
>>337725568
Stop wasting keys on brown chests and the only bad starter gun is the Pilot one.
>>
>>337725814
Fun fact, Convict's Pistol does slightly more damage than the other 3.
>>
>>337725814
I feel like it's more worth it to open brown chests because you're more likely to get passive items. Green and Blue chests have the potential to get cool things but you almost always get guns and since so many of them are nearly identical I feel like you really don't need more, especially since you get them from bosses for free..
>>
>>337725814
Most guns are bad. Which by itself makes the mediocre and good guns stand out.
I.E Camera. Camera is insane and amazing. Or or weapon that kills bullets in flight, or returns them
Or Alien Sidearm, which is a D rank gun. Its completely utterly insane, because its it got a sound cue on charge.

That doesn't change that you can get shit like all the bows, or all the charge weapons. They are usually complete garbage.
So is most of the shotguns and charm weapons.
>>
File: Snake_general_kawai.jpg (72 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Snake_general_kawai.jpg
72 KB, 800x600
>Gun Anaconda spawns
>The bug pills is immune to all status effect, invalidating 60% of the gun pool for even trying to kill them
>Its one of the few bosses that try to ram you, making it one of the most dangerous bosses
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.