[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rome 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: rome2_cover (1).jpg (181 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
rome2_cover (1).jpg
181 KB, 640x360
Is it actually good now or what?
>>
No, but its something you can work with. Attila is actually good though.
>>
I have r2, but end up playing napoleon most of the time. Should I bother with atilla?
>>
just buy attila
>>
>>337721952
If you have ANY interest in Total Warhammer, skip Attila since that is only 9 days away and looks way better because everything is more unique.

If not, Attila is really good and you can probably get it off a keysite for 10 bucks by now. The only problem that I am not sure got fixed was AI really disliked rebuilding terrain. In Attila when you raze, you actually raze. The city is deleted off the map and terrain around the city gets super fucked. Terrain now has a fertility stat that effects some stuff. So if AI or you want to reclaim it much later, you have to pay to un-fuck the land and city
>>
File: 1451235022976.jpg (20 KB, 582x329) Image search: [Google]
1451235022976.jpg
20 KB, 582x329
No. Even with DeI it's still shit and tedious, and awful to play. If you really want to play a post-Empire tw game, play Shogun 2 or Age of Charlememe, since they're the only two ones who managed to overcome the handicap of using Warscape.
>>
File: angry faces 2.jpg (34 KB, 752x701) Image search: [Google]
angry faces 2.jpg
34 KB, 752x701
>CA spend time to make chink TW good
>CA ruin Rome 2, the version dealing with western history that most of us prefer
>>
>>337721505
attila is much more worth it. you still have the roman empire after it got split into eastern and western if you really got a thing for rome. your ass will also get split if you play them without knowing what to do

it's one of the hardest titles in the franchise. holy fuck those huns have no mercy, anything above hard leaves very little room for mistakes
>>
>>337723272
Battle of the Catalaunian Fields when?
>>
attila is great, i confess to being skeptical after rome 2 but i just got it a bit ago and i really love it, even surpasses shogun 2 for me

don't get rome 2, wait and see if warhammer is any good
>>
https://youtu.be/B1p7d_nVBS8

Warhammer looking good, I hope all the pre-release footage and coverage shows the game won't be a huge fucking mess on launch
>>
>>337723272
>be ostrogoths
>pack my shit in the beginning and travel west
>lose half my men but finally arrive at atlantic coast
>conquer and fortify Iberia
>province is easily defendable, spend years peacefully upgrading my cities
>watch as the world around me burns

so comfy
>>
I played Attila because of /v/ and /vg/ advice and skipped Rome 2, but I prefer Romes setting.
What exactly makes Attila so much better than Rome? Isnt it basically the same game? Really wanna try Rome but people always tell me not to bother since its supposedly shit.
>>
File: 1461190210157.jpg (19 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1461190210157.jpg
19 KB, 313x286
>>337723673
>Pick the Ostrogoths and try to settle in my ancestral homeland Dacia
>My allies constantly drag me in wars with factions stronger than me but which are right next to me
>Horseniggers are constantly draining my treasury
>Mfw watching the ERE slowly amassing at my southern borders
>Mfw Attila arrives
>>
File: ostrogoths.png (26 KB, 288x320) Image search: [Google]
ostrogoths.png
26 KB, 288x320
>>337723673
>>337724198
>ostrogoths
>not settling italia

into the trash it goes
>>
>>337723816
no family trees
even more DLC than attila
even more bugs than attila
unit cards are ass to read, ui is awful
unit collision is awful, cavalry remain useless whereas in attila they might be broken
campaign map is simplified from even shogun 2
ai is still retarded

it's a variety of problems that infect every game in the series, only rome 2 has them worse and more

a single nuance in these games quickly becomes something that is irritating, seeing as how long it takes to play them

rome 2 isn't absolute gutter trash by videogame industry standards, but why play a TW game on its level when other games in the series have done more and better?
>>
>>337723816
Attila has better battles, campaign map, diplomacy and runs better.
>>
>>337724303
Theodoric was actually a legitimately good King of Italy by most accounts.
>>
>>337724310
>unit collision is awful, cavalry remain useless whereas in attila they might be broken
>cavalry might be broken
>might be

The are completely broken in Attila. The only situation in which cavalry isn't broken is when they are assaulting a walled city but that is only because the ai is still completely retarded.

Everything else you said is 100% correct.
>>
>>337724198
that's one of the worst positions to settle in. i don't think there is a way to sign non aggresion with ERE, they simply refuse no matter how much gold you shove in their assholes.

also, huns are basically at your doorstep, along with a few other hordes. as the campaign advances the fertilty of those provinces turns to shit and you just get sandwiched by two powerful factions without the economy to deal with them

imo best locations for a good legendary playthrough would be either italia or iberia. iberia has two gold mines and a ton of trade resources and italia is the most fertile. the middle east is also good but the sassanids and their buttbudies are a giant coalition and if one fights you, everybody will.
>>
>>337723816
If you really like the setting it's absolutely fine now. Attila is better but rome 2 is an OK game since the emperor edition.
>>
>>337722390
>skip Attila since that is only 9 days away and looks way better because everything is more unique.
>4 siege maps
>towns without walls = field battle
9 days away from total trash, hammerfags will still eat it up, they are notorious for accepting shit sandwiches and smiling through it.
>>
>>337721505
No. The engine is fundamentally shit.
>>
>>337724198
Gypo lmao
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.