[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Titanfall.jpg (874 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall.jpg
874 KB, 2560x1440
What went right?
>>
Source engine looking good
>>
>>337714237
is this really source?
>>
Titanfall was so good, I just really wished EA let respawn put it on steam down the line just to keep the playerbase alive. It didn't deserve what it got.
It deserved better than Origin
>>
>>337715123
very heavily modified, but yes
>>
>>337715590
so why did they go source instead of UE like everyone else?
>>
>>337713502
it was fast and fun
>>
>>337715768
No idea, maybe its just what the dev's knew better.
One thing I find funny is when this was in development, it had the codename Megas XLR
>>
File: titanfall-atlas.jpg (560 KB, 1781x1964) Image search: [Google]
titanfall-atlas.jpg
560 KB, 1781x1964
>Hop out and it follows you around like a puppy
>Picks you up and gently places you inside when you want to get back in

titans a cute
>>
>>337715768
The studio formerly made Call of Duty games, which run on the Quake 2 engine. Since Source is just a heavily modified version of the Quake engine it was probably an easier transition than Unreal.
>>
I do enjoy this game, currently without a PC to play it on. In what way is the Source engine modified? I didn't know that was the case.
>>
>Really good core gameplay
>didn't put in enough content to keep people interested
>locked to Origin
>that fucking audio download
I can't wait for the second one. They had started fixing shit at the end of tha first's life but it was too late. I believe they're smart enough to make this one work.
>>
Hawken is better
>>
>>337718564
I'd want them to flesh out the fodder AI concept more. I understand having the power distance between you the Pilot and the mooks but I wish I could have done more to control how the AI impacted the battle, maybe through commands like "Go capture that objective" or "Focus on that Titan" so they turn from mere annoyance to an actual threat if left unchecked.
>>
>>337719514
They would actually capture points and attack Titans but I know what you mean
The grunts were really cool and I'd also like to see them expanded upon
>>
>>337717585
Any proof of this? Or are you just pulling it out of your ass of attention?
>>
>>337720496
There was a long long time ago, some guy got a lot of attention on twitter, because he was going to Valve HQ to talk to them about making a game, and he was dropping lines and stuff like '#MegasXLR'. I dont know what other game has giant robots and source engine, or would need someone to actually sit down with Valve
>>
No content whatsoever
>>
>>337720864
>>337720496
>>337717585
Eh no actually im retarded, That was actually the guy who made Megas XLR sitting down with Valve about actually making a Megas XLR video game. I thought that was the early beginnings of Titanfall so my bad
>>
>>337718775
Is it alive?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.