[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you downsample when you play video games? I use Nvidia control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 4kmsaat1jzb.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4kmsaat1jzb.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Do you downsample when you play video games? I use Nvidia control panel personally.
>>
pff, i upsample
>>
>>337712513
>Do you downsample when you play video games?
Can't cuz of my 670, but will once i get my 1070.
After that it means 4k everyday when the engine itself supports it (like Battlefield and Battlefront as example)
>>
I hate how it fucks with the Steam overlay so not that often. If the game has a built in downsampling option that doesn't mess with the UI resolution then I use it gladly. Dark Souls with DSFix looks really nice at 1440p.
>>
>>337712874
I have a 770 and don't do it on every game, but many old ones or well optimized ones I can get by fine.

>>337712913
Arma 3 has a great in-game downsample option.
>>
>>337712513
I only do it when I take screenshots.
>>
>>337712972
>but many old ones or well optimized ones I can get by fine.
I would do it more but i dislike how the desktop resolution also goes 4K then and my GPU has a heating issue to begin with so it's not ideal

>Arma 3 has a great in-game downsample option.
Fucking THIS! I always loved how Bohemia implemented an seperate 3D-Resolution setting so you could up- and downsample as you see fit since back to Arma 1 i think
>>
>>337713243
Never had my desktop go 4k as well
>>
>>337712913
I've also found that it just generally fucks shit up in general. Not consistently, though. Sometimes font in MGS5 would look funny, and then sometimes it wouldn't. I just keep it at 1920x1080 unless, like you said, the game features it properly.
>>
>>337713542
How you downsample then?
The DSR function literally makes your desktop go 4K just like it would via manuel downsample with a custom resolution
>>
>>337713770
DSR leaves your desktop at 1080p when you alt tab out of a downsampled game.
>>
Nah, it makes the card louder and I don't really notice it so don't find it worth it.
>>
>>337713770
Not him, but I just turn DSR on in Nvidia control panel and set the in-game resolution higher. Doesn't do anything to the desktop, once you close it or minimize it's the regular resolution.
>>
>>337713770
Nvidia control panel, DSR factors, usually set smoothing to 15%. It doesn't make my desktop 4k or 2k
>>
>>337713910
>>337713958
>>337714078
Well i was talking in general here. As soon as you let your game start or change to 4K the desktop changes so to.
Didn't knew it goes back into 1080p when you alt tab, good to know thanks!
>>
DSR usually doesn't look good and it doesn't work in windowed mode so I use nvidia inspector or in-game options.
>>
File: 1461507408401.jpg (585 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1461507408401.jpg
585 KB, 2560x1440
Maybe when I get my next GPU. I want to downsample SFV.

Also, doesn't it suck when games don't have internal downsample feature? That shit is criminally underused.
>>
>>337714145
Just tried it in Mount & Blade.
And i must say I'm rather surprised over the fact that Shadowplay works perfectly fine in 4K and isn't small as fuck like Steam Overlay
>>
>>337712513
>hyundai

That car is going to break in a blink of an eye
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.