[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Graphic Adventures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: graphic adventures.jpg (221 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
graphic adventures.jpg
221 KB, 1280x720
Which ones are your favourite, and are there any newer ones you'd recommend?
>>
Grim Fandango def leagues above everything else.
>>
Day of the Tentacles
>>
>>337707931
dott
best one by far

i already binged the remake 2 times just for the nostalgia blast

totally unnecessary remake, you get the same experience using scummvm
>>
File: header[1].jpg (53 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
53 KB, 460x215
>>337707931
I just finished pic related. The games were good, nice puzzles and all, but fuck me if Rufus isn't an unlikable cunt.

My favourite point'n'click adventure games of all time have to be Broken Sword 1 and Curse of Monkey Island.
>>
>>337712905
this

i was hyped as fuck to play The Whispered World, but fuck i hate the protagonist
>>
>>337712905
Memoria is probably my favorite from Daedelic's games. It was like something finally clicked in them so they got their shit together. Good puzzles, good writing, interesting locations. Shit, I can't believe they actually pulled it off.

But now they are embracing the path of decline so fuck that.
>>
File: Memoria_Artwork_6.jpg (507 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Memoria_Artwork_6.jpg
507 KB, 1920x1080
>>337713563
Memoria is still in my backlog, but I've finished Chains of Satinav and I enjoyed a lot mainly because of pic related
>>
>>337714329
>mainly because of pic related
Oh boy, you are in for a ride.

Seriously though, Memoria is such a huge improvement over CoS it's not even funny. The story lacked some of the bleakness and depressing tone of the original, even if it wasn't any less depressing. Just more banter and shit to make it more bearable.
>>
>>337714329
gorgeous artwork
>>
>>337707931
My favorite one is The Dig.

One that isnt new, but Ive never seen mentioned here before is the Ace Ventura game.
FUCKING GREAT and funny.
>>
>>337715741
you're a fag buddy
>>
File: dig.gif (102 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
dig.gif
102 KB, 640x400
>>337715741
>The Dig

Good taste anon.
>>
>graphic adventures
>good

(you)
>>
>>337716380
Thanks, one of my favorite games of all-times.
>>
I played the first 3 Monkey Island and I thought 3 was the best. Started playing Day of the Tentacle but i thought it was kind of boring, Grim Fandango too (the forest part, navigating through that huge second part was frustrating).
Be honest with me v. Is there a better game than Monkey Island 3? Will I ever find one?
>>
>>337718507
Have you tried the Bronken Sword games? The first one is the best of the series.
>>
>>337719319
>Bronken

kek meant Broken
>>
>>337719319
not him but thanks for the rec, this looks like just my taste.
>>
>>337707931
The Broken Sword series is by far the best
>>
>>337718507
I loved Monkey Island 1 - 3. Played them a lot as a teen. I reccomend the Broken Sword series. Solid point n' click games.
>>337707931
I haven't played them myself, just watched videos of them, but the Discworld games seem like solid good PnC games. Discworld Noir is definatly worth checking out.
>>
File: 5.jpg (577 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
577 KB, 1920x1080
>>337707931
Samorost 3 was pretty good. Just got released back in March. The OST is remarkable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ9t1YNJakY
>>
>>337707931
Monkey Island 2 will probably always be my #1, closely followed by Simon 2. In terms of new(er) games - check out the Sam & Max games from Telltale, they're criminally funny. Best laughs I had from a game in god knows when.

Notable and good efforts (apart from the usual suspects): Whispered World, Gemini Rue (dat atmosphere), Hector - if you're into that sort of humour.
>>
fuck the tentacle game, it scarred me for life.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.