[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nadia Was Here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (506 KB, 680x1188) Image search: [Google]
image.png
506 KB, 680x1188
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2019538640/nadia-was-here

Why is nobody talking about this?
>>
>tumblr
>>
Because it's not worth talking about.
>>
Looks great! I just donated 5 dollars.
>>
Looks great! I just donated 10 dollars.
>>
>>337707228
Looks great! I just donated 15 dollars.
>>
>>
>>
Look great! I just donated 20 dollars.
>>
Also, nice characterization, they are all the exact same 'depressed but hopeful' character
>>
>>337707228
probably because it looks like poo poo.
>>
Look great! I just donated 25 dollars.
>>
Looks great! Just donated 25 dollars.
>>
...Anonymous
05/15/16(Sun)14:01:14 No.337708840
Look great! I just donated 20 dollars.
>>
>literally ripping off Hulk Hogan

WHAT YOU SEE HERE IS THE NEW WORLD ORDER OF VIDYA BROTHER
>>
We told them to make their own games, so they are.

But nobody said we had to support them!
>>
>>337708880
I thought the first one was a good fantasy premise but the other two are like vague personality test results or self help book quotes.
>>
>pixelshit
>>
>>337709058
Well yes but you know what?

Look great! I just donated 30 dollars.
>>
Look great! I just donated 30 dollars
>>
>>337709104
>basically any indie game requiring kickstarter
>DUDE 8BIT 2DEEP4U LMAO
>>
Look great! I just donated 35 dollars.
>>
Looks great! I just donated 1000 dollars.
>>
>>337707228
It's ugly
>>
File: 1452747022691.gif (804 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452747022691.gif
804 KB, 1920x1080
>>337709250

Why the fuck does that happen every time? Why is no one doing proper pixels like Neo Geo did? I would kill to get a game with graphics like pic related.
>>
>>337709401
That requires effort.
>>
>>337709401
Because indie devs don't have the money for that
>>
Looks great just donated $250
Can't wait to design that amulet!
>>
File: Bakal.gif (86 KB, 387x241) Image search: [Google]
Bakal.gif
86 KB, 387x241
>>337709401
Because it takes a lot of time and effort, even more than modest 3D?

There used to be teams of 15 - 20 individuals just to make things like that. How is and indie team going to get that many pixel artists in this day and age? They should just stick to 3D, imo, since it's pretty easy to shit out a 3D model in Blendr or other 3D modeling programs.
>>
>>337709401
Because they're just trying to grab the most cash with minimal effort.

Pixelart can be good if done properly but shitty 8 bit you see everywhere now clearly is not IT.
>>
Looks great! I just donated my first born child.
>>
>>337709401
that requires an artist with serious talent that most indie devs are not/cannot afford
>>
>>337707228
Interesting. The idea of a world that resets itself every century is a neat concept and I'm all for a different gameplay mechanic for these RPGs. Unfortunate that they went with that level of pixel art. Not a big fan.

I'll probably wait to hear more.

>>337709401
I'd love it, too, but most of these indie developers are very small teams. The amount of skill needed for that level of fidelity would be huge. Most Kickstarters would have to be focused entirely on "Help us make this game look fantastic" and the majority of the campaign funding would be for that one thing.

Usually, Kickstarter campaigns are made with the intent of being able to fund the entire game's development, not just one angle. It'd be interesting to see a campaign like that, though.
>>
>>337709401
>Why is no one doing proper pixels like Neo Geo did?

Because they're not backed by a fucking publisher and working with a team of professionals? How is that not hard to grasp?
>>
>>337709639

>They should just stick to 3D, imo, since it's pretty easy to shit out a 3D model in Blendr or other 3D modeling programs.

While I agree, the issue for me is that regardless of it being 2D or 3D, the models/sprites feel like they have no "soul". For whatever reason, I think the latest Momodora game for example has fantastic spritework, and it was all done by a single guy. Sure it's not Neo Geo levels, but it has a certain charm to it that makes it feel alive.
>>
>>337707228
I don't have anything against low-res pixelart specifically, but why is it no indie games actually look like real retro games? I wouldn't mind if they went the whole mile to make it look like it actually belonged on an old console.
>>
that battle system looks like mobile shit, and the color scheme makes my eyes hurt

1/10 would not even pirate
>>
>pixelshit:check
>indie:check
>RPG:check
>pretentious story and characters:check

I mean, what could go wrong.
>>
>>337710105
>but why is it no indie games actually look like real retro games?
Someone LITERALLY just asked this question
>>
File: dnf2013822s4swf4t47.jpg (37 KB, 414x242) Image search: [Google]
dnf2013822s4swf4t47.jpg
37 KB, 414x242
>>337710067
Effort. That's why indie games don't look that good. Undertale looks like shit graphically, but Toby put a lot of effort and heart into making the sprites, so it looks passably better than most other indie games. Same with Shovel Knight. Hell, even though Wayforward isn't indie, the same applies to them.

Modern teams consist of literally hundreds of people, just to make a couple of 3D models, texture, and bump map them. Good 2D is almost nearly as hard.
>>
>Nobody decided to do pixel rpg
Why the hell would we care? This has been done a million times.

This thread is stupid as fuck and OP is obviously someone trying to get the word out.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.