[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deus ex human rev
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
Which augments should I invest in and is there a way I can farm credits? Decided on replaying this but its been awhile and just started.
>>
If you go full stealth you get more than enough credits/levels.
>>
>>337706236
Ignore all combat augments. Focus on hacking augments and hack everything in sight for more xp. Then just work on stealth augments and more batteries.
>>
>>337706568
This anon couldn't be more right. Follow his advice to the letter.
>>
I want to replay this too, but is the director's cut version worth getting?
>>
>>337706352
>>337707003
So focus on hacking. Like Hacking Fortify and Hacking Capture? I have 3 upgrades to play with.
>>
Nah, git gud and you will not really need Fortify, just hack EVERYTHING, also silent take down everyone, you get more xp that way, obviously pick up all the equipment your enemies will drop and sell it later.
>>
>>337707332
Icaras landing system is worth investing, opens up a few new routes through places.
>>
>>337707260
It's free on the internet.com
>>
Just pick a playstyle and go with it you fucking pussy, the game is beatable without augments and it's pretty much impossible to fuck up.
>>
>>337707332
I don't think Fortify is worth getting. I've played through this game 3 times hacking everything and never fortifying my stuff. You also don't need shit like being able to see the contents of a node.
Capture is an absolute must, though.
>>
ignore wall punch. grenades can break them too.

>>337707332
>armor
wasted points
>>
>>337707857
the pic isn't a screen cap i just wanted to remind people what the menu looked like.
>>
>>337706568
This except there's no point to getting more batteries, your first one (or two I think in DC?) always regen for free, just get the aug that just makes them recharge faster and it's more than enough to turn the game into ezmode along with the other stealth augments
>>
>>337706236
Invest in the Strength path for carrying capacity, hacking levels, and spring jump and Icarus as quickly as possible.

Focus on battery recovery speed as well.

Invisibility, silent running, and see through walls are useful in their own right, but unnecessary, strictly-speaking. It's possible to get through with regular sneaking.

Combat stuff should be for last: If you're in a position where you're caught, you're probably reloading your last checkpoint already.
>>
File: seref.png (1 MB, 828x795) Image search: [Google]
seref.png
1 MB, 828x795
>>337706236
Stick with the prod. Prod with the prod. Just in case though, we're police.
>>
File: feelios.png (26 KB, 530x625) Image search: [Google]
feelios.png
26 KB, 530x625
>tfw you will never merge with Helios
>>
>>337707848
I've played through three or four times.

Hacking mods are a joke outside of the Level 1-5 access and Stealth, and Turrets/Mechs can just be killed with your Combat Rifle. If you're playing stealth/hacking and capturing all nodes anyway, you'll always have more than enough Stop! Virus and Insta-Captures to push through.
>>
>>337707332
focus on hacking capture and stealth.

Before starting your hack on anything, check if you can capture the red servers for free shit without capturing them first.
>>
One last thing: Never upgrade your radar. While it lets you notice enemies who are farther away, it makes it a lot harder to utilize for the sight cones when engaging enemies very close, where you'll need it most.
>>
>>337706568
>hack everything in sight for more xp
That's dull as fuck, part of what made me drop the game.
>>
Op here. This is what im going to do with my starting 3 upgrades.

I'm going to upgrade so i can hack level 2 computers. Which is one point

And two points will go into hacking stealth so I can get it decreased detection down to 45%.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>337709789
Sorry I meant 30%.
>>
>>337709789
Don't bother with stealth. Just don't get seen. Upgrade strength and jumping.
>>
>>337709947
why strength and jumping? Ya stealth seems like wasted points.
>>
>>337709789
good.
>>
>>337709789
Yes, go with that.
>>
>>337706236
if u want ez mode take the tornado for the bosses.
if u want to stealth take tornado and stealth.
>>
>>337709947
I'm fairly sure OP is spending on hacking stealth, not the stealth upgrade for your body.
>>
>>337706236
focus on augs that let you go places
icarus, strength, and hacking is great
invisibility makes the game more fun

I didn't even unlock typhoon my first playthrough, just carry a rocket lawn chair for the bosses
>>
Get carrying capacity and invisibility. Hacking level upgrades are useful as you run into higher level terminals.
>>
Just thinking, could the people reading augment help autistic s world wide?
>>
The gameplay is fucking stupid and the story loses its shit and becomes even dumber.
>>
>>337710464
>rockets

pls, the rocket launcher is a waste of space in the inventory.

Just carry a revolver with explosive rounds.
>>
>>337710464
You can kill the bosses in different ways with the Director's Cut, now.
>>
>>337711119
wait really? I just did the same strategy for each boss
emp grenade -> two rockets -> run away
>>
>>337711119
The bitch defending the AI eventually electrocutes herself if you just keep running.
>>
>>337706236
get the augment that turns it into a good game
>>
Ignore the stealth part: Walk into room, kill someone and run off. Rinse repeat.
Stack up on EMP grenades for droids till you get the explosive rounds for the revolver.
Enjoy hacking and reading everything in peace.
>>
>>337706236

Doesn't matter, you don't need to specialize in this game. If you play the game right, you'll get enough points to unlock every useful ability.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.