[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Frank west?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: latest-2.png (32 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.png
32 KB, 200x200
What do you think of Frank west?
>>
He's covered wars y'know
>>
Best vidya protagonist ever imo
Dude been to Iraq (implied), learned martial arts from soldiers. Dude goes into mall with no idea of zombies, instantly kicks their shit.

>INB4 "I like Dead Rising, he kills zombies and doesn't afraid of anything"
>>
>>337702759
I loved him, he's a classical antihero and that just doesn't come along very often in videogames.
>>
chubby
>>
HIS NAME IS FRANK WEST!
>>
File: aaa i'm better now.jpg (103 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
aaa i'm better now.jpg
103 KB, 500x540
>>337702759
I think Dead Rising as a whole is one the best games ever made. If you think about it DR1 was a fresh breath for the zombie genre and was the IP for the Xbox at the time. They ruined DR with 3 and DR2 improved everything but there's a certain charm that DR2 and 3 failed to live up to compared to DR1

I dunno maybe it's my fanboy side that's talking but still DR1 > the other DR's for me
>>
>>337704705
>DR1 > the other DR's for me
DR1 has a charm to it, even if it is clunky and the survivor AI was completely broken.

OTR > 1 > 2 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 3
>>
File: 1456178512422.jpg (84 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1456178512422.jpg
84 KB, 650x650
Kind of a dick taking hundreds of pictures of dead people just for his scoop
>>
>>337702759
THAT'S HILARIOUS
TO THE MOON
>>
>>337704705
I think a big part of that charm lacking was combo weapons.
Got rid of the idea of "use everything as a weapon"
I wish OTR would've not let Frank use combo weapons
>>
>>337704828
I never really like OTR, it was extremely boring
Then again it's been like 5 years since I tried so maybe in the future I'll give it a shot again
>>
>>337704828
The best thing about OTR is Chuck as a psychopath
>>
>>337705240
I think it was the change of studios personally

Capcom Japan developed DR1 and Capcom Vancouver developed the rest of the DR franchise

I'm not trying to be a weeb or anything but it does make sense, to me at least.
>>
He can kill army men with his bare hands.
>>
>>337705291
My friend and I played DR1-3, including the Case Zero and Case West.
Yet I played OTR and he didn't.
To me it's my favorite gameplay-wise, and I love the what-if story of Frank and the twist ending.
He finally tried it, and he said it was way to boring for him.
I dunno, I loved OTR.
>>
>>337705465
I havent played OTR but DR3 and 2 are piss easy compared to DR1. DR2 was the first game in the series I played and I got the best ending.

DR1 is more tense and feels like a survival horror
>>
>>337705465
Japan's idea of America is a lot more fun than Canada's
>>
Got to love how in OTR the antagonists kept taunting him and treating him like shit.

Niggas seem to forget he personally ended the unlives of 53,594 zombies, can decapitate people with a somersault kick, knock limbs off with a well-placed karate chop and will heal most of your attacks with a bottle of Orange Juice.
>>
>>337705940
And he does the giant swing
>>
>>337705924
"Jerehmy we need to develop a Dead Rising game, how do we do it eh?"
"Let's make it so different than DR1 eh?"
"That sounds great eh?"
"Eh."
>>
>>337706171
"Jerehmy, the pehple don't like our game as much as the first one eh"
"Eh soorry pal, not sure what that's aboot."
>>
>>337707069
"Jerehmy let's ruin teh pehple's trust in us and make a shittier game eh?"
"Sounds good eh."
>>
>>337707175
"Eh we get to make anoother game eh? What should we do?"
"Just spill Tim Hortons on the computer eh"
>>
>>337704705
same. i think dead rising 1 is a criminally underrated game.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.