[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When does this game get good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault (9).jpg (382 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (9).jpg
382 KB, 1920x1080
When does this game get good?
>>
when it ends
>>
about 15 hours in
>>
>>337702285
Neat, I'm about 15 hours in so it should happen any time now!
>>
>>337702029
It doesn't, i got about 40 hours in before I gave up on it being good.
>>
>>337702285
>>
Why do all the clothes in Final fantasy games look uncomfortable and a hassle to put on?
>>
It doesn't. If anything, it honestly gets worse once that 20 hour tutorial ends.
>>
>>337703551
Ask Nomura.
>>
From like the start when you fight the huge scorpion robot.
>>
It peaks at the 1st Barthandelus fight.
>>
>>337702029
At the giant cactuar cutscene. After that it's shit again.
>>
>>337702029
when you sell it back to gamestop for 10% of what you paid for it
>>
File: FFXIII_Essence.jpg (189 KB, 900x783) Image search: [Google]
FFXIII_Essence.jpg
189 KB, 900x783
People say it gets good (well better) in 20 hours. I disagree, it gets slightly below tolerable only 30 hours in, when the part people say is good ends. To actually get good it takes until 2 hours into XIII-2.
>>
It actually only gets worse the further you go in.
Final fantasy is a meme, it was never even that good to begin with, time to grow out of these shitty games. Most of us have.
>>
File: This nigga serious.gif (2 MB, 383x204) Image search: [Google]
This nigga serious.gif
2 MB, 383x204
>>337702029
>this meme again
>>
>>337702029
uhhhh
>>
>>337703551
fashion requires effort
jeans and videogame shirt is not
>>
>>337705021
This.
>>
>>337702029
Never. It's awful.
>>
>>337703816
This
I actually loved it from the very beginning
The opening itself is absolutely masterful
To this day, 6 years later there hasn't been a game that was able to blow me away with the first few hours like XIII did
>>
>>337702029
Play it from start to finish, wait a year or two, play the second one, play it again, it will grow on you.
At least that's what happened with me. I fucking hated the game at first, but now it's one of my favorites.
>>
>>337702029
I went in with higher standards than usual and it blew me away how no JRPG comes close to it in my opinion, especially other Final Fantasy games. But I guess most people start to like it when you get to freely explore Grand Pulse.

On a side note, am I the only one who apparently never thought this game was like a 50 hour hallway? I never noticed it in the slightest and only heard about it long after I finished the game. Still far better than what FF X did.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.