[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of Dark... ...what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: Aldia_at_Dragon_Shrine.png (883 KB, 1018x636) Image search: [Google]
Aldia_at_Dragon_Shrine.png
883 KB, 1018x636
Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of Dark...
...what could possibly await us?
>>
>>337698243
a normal world with none of this cycle shit going on? idk
>>
>>337698243
MEMES
>>
>>337698828
this
>>
File: 1463270705857.jpg (5 KB, 129x140) Image search: [Google]
1463270705857.jpg
5 KB, 129x140
>>337698243
>what could possibly await us?

A shitty rehash of DS1 thanks to Miyhacki
>>
>>337701128
stop being edgy you know ds3 was good
>>
I love Aldia's voice and appearance and stuff, but I have no idea what he as talking about.
>>
Aldia is the closest we will ever get to bonfire mimics. Shit scares me every time.
>>
Fuck this guy, almost gave me a heart attack the first time he appeared
>>
Unless the DLC features Aldia and an actually sensible story closure, I'm never purchasing a fromsoft game again
>>
Bloodborne, the true successor of Demon's Souls
>>
>>337698243
DS3's Make Londor Whole Again ending. I wouldn't be surprised if Aldia helped Kaathe come up with a way to usurp the flame.
>>
>>337701230
Think of him like a Dark Souls chesire cat.

His deal is to pop up, challenge your views (whatever they are) and reinforce the overarching themes of DAS2 (human desire and associated existentialism, the inescapable cycle). Ultimately, if you demonstrate commitment to trying to break the cycle despite being provided with ample reasons why it's not so bad and the entire game repeatedly displaying how hopeless trying to break it is, you get the Aldia boss fight and the alternative ending.
>>
>>337701320
Fucking this.
>>
>>337701826
He did convince Lothric not to link the Flame.
>>
>>337701826
Aldia's sort of mention in the Soul Stream description, where it says he was a tutor to Prince Lothric and convinced him linking the fire was a bad idea. A full-blown Age of Dark doesn't seem like his goal, though - he seemed to understand that that would just lead to another Age of Fire, and that nothing would really change.
>>
>>337701520
Fucking fagot. Its not rocket science.
>>
File: CXpZrZxwxR-2.png (10 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
CXpZrZxwxR-2.png
10 KB, 300x250
A LIE WILL REMAIN A LIE REEEEEEEE
>>
>>337698243
robots, probably
>>
>>337698243

a shitty sequel with no resolution to the story like the first sequel
>>
>>337698243
a better game than the piece of horseshit that dark souls 2 was
>>
>>337701230

He exists outside of the cycle but to do so became a malformed being, so he awaits someone to find an answer to the cycles that breaks them, someone that doesn't choose Light or Dark, someone that goes beyond.

It's incredibly shocking how dark souls 2 manages to have a better story than dark souls 3, there is literally no point to dark souls 3 and what happens there, it's the worse sequel ever in terms of story, like, literally, it completely glossed over all the good parts of dark souls 2 for who the fuck knows what reason, the idea of breaking the cycles and discovering the true face of man beyond the manipulations of Gwyn was fucking fascinating, and yet in dark souls 3 you are another shitty agent of the curse of firelink, fuck this shit, I don't care if the DLC magically gives you another ending, it shouldn't be like that, even das2 had the Aldia patch for EVERYONE, if they seriously want to patch the game into the true ending of the series I will be mad, this is not how games should be made.
>>
>>337702954

SLANTED EYE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
>>
>>337702954
MOOOOOOOOOOO-

oh wait

HIROOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>337703862
>someone that doesn't choose Light or Dark, someone that goes beyond
But he says there are only two paths, and you only have two choices at the end.
>>
File: 1395362446614.gif (3 MB, 641x358) Image search: [Google]
1395362446614.gif
3 MB, 641x358
>>337698243
The deep.
>>
>>337703969

Yes, two paths, inherit the order of the world (light or dark) or destroy it (the path that is said to not exist, like he says in the ending, beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of dark).

He goes on to ramble how life is just a stage where men are put up as props, where love and affection are used to create a tender and exquisite lie that is a hollow existence, all caused by Gwyn.
>>
>>337704209
>all caused by Gwyn.
DS 2 has basically nothing to do with Gwyn and what he did. The crap about linking the fire has nothing to do with the assets of the game. It's about inheritance of the throne and leadership. Will you seize the crown of former kings or will you refuse to join the line of rulers that cling to their crown, only to lose it and what it stands for and be succeeded. This IS Gwyn's fear, but it's also the fear of all beings in power. Except for the dragons who were immortal and couldn't give less of a shit about such stuff. But you never link any fire in DS 2. You plant your ass on the throne and that's it.
>>
>>337704797
>DS 2 has basically nothing to do with Gwyn and what he did.
Stop posting. You are uninformed.
>>
>>337702954
trailer park boys picture fits too.
>>
>>337705001
Am I? Or is every reference to Dark Souls only shoved into DS 2 to make it seem like a sequel and it took DS 3 to make it more obvious?
>>
>>337705001
He's not wrong. Gwyn had no part in DS2. All Gwyn did was defeat the dragons and be the first Lord of Cinder. Nothing else.
>>
>>337705195
>>337705198
>I'm wrong but I'm going to keep posting
>>
File: Kiln.jpg (221 KB, 1200x974) Image search: [Google]
Kiln.jpg
221 KB, 1200x974
>>337704797
The throne is what links the fire you dumbass, it's literally a Kiln. You fucking burn when you sit on the throne.
>>
>>337705290
>You fucking burn when you sit on the throne.
pic or it didn't happen
>>
>>337701320
Come on it was amazing.
>>
dark souls 4 continues ds2, where the theme is mirrors because it can reflect light
>>
>>337705354
You're the kind of idiot that made ShatiShillia popular.
>>
>>337705512
No. A screenshot as proof is what I asked for. Not namecalling.
>>
>>337701172
The story was ultimately less interesting than DS1 and 2. At least DS2 tried something new.
>>
This is now just a thread where where a guy calls everyone wrong and an idiot but doesn't tell them why
>>
>>337704797
Sorry you didnt get it.
>>
File: 1460420386710.jpg (158 KB, 583x581) Image search: [Google]
1460420386710.jpg
158 KB, 583x581
>>337698243
>Aldia is a fucking tree
>Suddenly everything in DS3 is turning into trees
>>
Has the Age of Deep Sea, mentioned several times around Aldrich, a deeper meaning or is it a mere reference to Bloodborne?
>>
NG+ = you link the fire
stop playing = you didn't link the fire

even a moron understood this, but not DS1 fanboys.
>>
>>337706340
I think it was a translation error
>>
Pro tip: Gywn did not cause hollowing/the undead curse.
That was already starting to happen when the flame was fading.
The "lie" that Aldia was talking about was humans during the age of light. "Humans" are not our true forms, and we are actually hollows.
>>
>>337706325
Its almost like trees are super important things holding up the world and one of the first things you see in the DS1 intro.
>>
Didn't Nashandra want the throne for herself? Was she trying to prevent the PC from getting to it? Why did she wait until he had the proper means to access the throne before she acted? Would there be some HORRIBLE CONSEQUENCES if a Shard of Manus linked the fire?
>>
>>337705684
DS2's story didn't become interesting until DLCs

I know that's no excuse, but you can't compare the two properly before DS3 gets its expansions as well.
>>
>>337705587
the emerald bitch literally says the fire is linked after you sit your ass on the throne
>>
>>337698243
>best character in the entire serie
>literally the only one who isn't a stupid fuck afraid of the dark nor a serpent's bitch and actually tries to find a third option
>won't ever hear of him again cause is not part of memezaky's first and untouchable game
LITERALLY the best thing from DS2 and we just forget about his existence, fuck.
I pray that he will be at the very least mentioned in one of the DLCs.
>>
>>337703862
The only incredible shocking fact here is how wrong and awful your opinions are.

Aldia and many aspects of DaS2 makes no sense within DaS lore or are simple Deus Exes.
And funny how you consider 3 story pointless while it's exactly the opposite and the pointless one is 2, where nothing you do have any consequences and all you did was follow a nobody cycle within the countless ones.
>>
I don't remember, did Manus create the abyss or did it already exist?
>>
>>337707608
>Did Manus, Father of the Abyss create the Abyss?
>>
>>337707072
we can compare the longevity of both game's vanilla versions, of which ds2 offers much better replayability
>>
File: Sweet Shalquoir.png (724 KB, 594x764) Image search: [Google]
Sweet Shalquoir.png
724 KB, 594x764
>Implying pic related isn't the best NPC in the entire series

I fucking wish she had a covenant so bad, or at least returned in 3
>>
>>337707608
Maybe?
It's not exactly clear.
>>
I genuinely hope Das3's DLC addresses Das2's storyline with Manus and the children of dark. For all the hate Das2 gets here, I thought the story was genuinely good and I hope it gets some sort of closure
>>
>>337707401
>And funny how you consider 3 story pointless while it's exactly the opposite and the pointless one is 2

>link the fire v2
>dark lord v2

>not pointless

LMAO
M
A
O
>>
File: tumblr_o6pwpyxirT1uy4xxuo1_540.jpg (39 KB, 540x386) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6pwpyxirT1uy4xxuo1_540.jpg
39 KB, 540x386
>>337707824
>DS3 is literally fanservice-fest
>no talking kitty
>>
>>337707957
>I thought the story was genuinely good and I hope it gets some sort of closur
I hated DS2's story on release, but after playing the DLC and finishing 3 I appreciate 2 for what it was. It's not about the fire linking bullshit, but rather curing your hollowing. It's kinda nice.
>>
File: 1462142404267.png (393 KB, 375x750) Image search: [Google]
1462142404267.png
393 KB, 375x750
>>337707824
>>
>>337707401
>Aldia and many aspects of DaS2 makes no sense within DaS
> the pointless one is 2

both of these are DS3's fault. You'd expect a game that has the number 3 in the title and it's the last in the serie would take both the content of 1 and 2 and give sense to both of them instead of glossing over the second entirely.
>but DS2 is bad and shouldn't exist
then have the balls to actually write it off entirely instead of having a story that's basically "oh yeah, we also have some very minor ds2 stuff just to keep it canon and creating even more loopholes, BUT HERE, HAVE ANOR LONDO! YAY!"
>>
>>337707401
>2's story was pointless
There's literally an ending in 3 which follows the same concept of Scholar's ending.

I agree that 2's story felt almost "pointless," but only because Miyazaki didn't seem to give a shit about 2's lore and decided to hardly reference or consider it when writing 3. That's a fucking shame too, because the whole point of 2 was searching for a way to break the cycle. 3 should have expanded on that, but it didn't until the very end.

>DaS2 makes no sense within DaS lore
how?
>>
>>337707090
The Harold says that you're free to do whatever after you sit on the throne. Link the fire, don't link the fire. She does not say you sit there and burn. It doesn't matter shit whether there is any firelinking going on. The point of the throne is to declare you king, and only that. And no wishful thinking will turn DS 2 into anything more than a cashgrab that might even have ended a better game that wasn't filled with last minute connections to Dark Souls. Why do you think that the references to DS 2 in 3 now stick out so much, and don't quite fit in?
>>
>>337708380
>DS2 is a cashbrag

hey your finger slipped and you hit 2 instead of 3
>>
>>337708380
If DS2 is a cashgrab, then so it's 3.
The first Dark Souls didn't need a sequel, it didn't end with a cliffhanger or anything.
>>
>>337708380
I love how Miyacucks can't help but betray their nature every single fucking time.
>>
>>337708380
>cashgrab

The DS2 haters have truly reached their apex of jaded shitposting. You're a fucking faggot, bud.
>>
>It's a Dark Souls 2 revisionism episode

*changes the channel*
>>
What DS3 should have been:
>built on the teachings of the protagonist of DS2 you travel through convoluted time and space, killing former lords of cinders to undo their deeds and free humanity from the curse

What it is:
>LOL DS1 MEMES AND NO CONCLUSION
>>
>>337708380
and das2 makes a huge deal of the fact that Vendrick was not a true monarch because he pussied out of doing his job and linking the fire.

DaS1 does the same thing, Frampt grooms you to "succeed Lord Gwyn", but all that means is replacing him as firewood. DaS2 is much the same. you become a monarch by conquering Drangleic to make your soul more powerful so that it makes good kindling for the first flame
>>
>>337707797
I didn't enjoy replaying DS2 at all.

I didn't much enjoy the first time through either.
>>
I have a dream...

>Miyazaki shifts his focus 100% to new IP
>Tanimura takes over support of DSIII + DLC production. Literally fixes everything.

Can it happen?
>>
>>337708038
Pay attention scrub. All 3 endings are a conclusion to the cycle and can be taken as definitive.

>>337708126
>>337708230
All i was pointing fingers at 2 was about it's most important aspects.

Check Aldia and the Crown for example. They are pivot points. And yet, they make no sense, no matter how you approach it.
How did Aldia escaped the cycle? The most incredible beings in the entire Lore never even dreamt about managing or the lore even acknowledge it being ever possible and yet, some nobody pigmy descendant fuckboy did it.
Where does the crown power comes from? How does it work?
Fuck question mate. It just works.

If i could give 2 an actual contribution to the lore was presenting artificial dragons. Because even if it wasn't explained in 2 (in 3 they give a hint), it isn't far fetched or lore breaking. The rest is a mess.
>>
>>337708740
It's the SW prequels all over again
>>
>>337708743
>What DS3 should have been
your idea is shit go back in the corner
>>
>>337701172
but its not anon
>>
>>337708772
>and das2 makes a huge deal of the fact that Vendrick was not a true monarch because he pussied out of doing his job and linking the fire
You mean because he ditched his cursed bitch and made sure she didn't get the throne, so she sets you up to off him by telling you he's not worthy of his crown? You believe her?
>>
>>337708380
You are correct pal.
Don't worry about the triggered das2fags. They will never let go.
>>
Are DaS2 lovers on par with SW Prequel contrarians now? Jesus christ, how obnoxious
>>
File: DS3 character creator.jpg (49 KB, 720x571) Image search: [Google]
DS3 character creator.jpg
49 KB, 720x571
>>337709142
Better than Miyazaki's rehash bullshit
>>
>>337704797
>You plant your ass on the throne and that's it.

did you not realize the throne is in a kiln? srsly
>>
I despise DaS2 but I was still excited for Aldia to pop up at some point in DaS3. I kept expecting a bonfire to explode at any moment, especially Grand Archives bonfire.

I hate that he was reduced to a maybe-reference with Prince Lothric. I hope if the Serpents show up he shows up alongside to debate them. Or hell, imagine a boss fight with Kaathe and Aldia where you have to choose which one to help, or can kill both of them for a far harder fight.
>>
>>337709257
I never understood what that whole thing was about, can you please explain it? Why Vendrick left, and what the throne even does, and why Nashandra needed you to get to it and why she wanted it in the first place?
>>
>>337708941
you have questions like these even in the first game.
hell even in DS3 we have a fuckton of unanswered questions.
We were given no answer cause myiazaki ignored 2 completely, even though if you remove it from the lore, there is no reason 3 should exist at all, since there would be the lack of a link between the end of the first and 3.
So 2 does play it's role, even if it's just as little as "cycles bruh". What I hate is that they fucking ignored completely even the good stuff of 2, instead of reediming and giving a fucking sense to it by acknowledging it at all.
>>
>>337709339
I enjoyed all three games in the series and the fact that that makes you so buttflustered makes me so happy. Fuck you, faggot. The games are fun.
>>
>>337708865
If you genuinely couldn't get into the game, that's fair. No point in disputing that. I think all 3 games have excellent PvE experiences with 2's admittedly lagging behind a little bit.

But 2 had the absolute best design for creating varied and diverse builds. Tons of weapons and spells were viable in PvP, and there was just a shit ton of content to play with in general. That alone allowed me to sink 500+ hours into the game.
>>
>>337709508
pretty sure primordial serpents boss fight in londor is coming for dlc.
>>
>>337709339
I didn't like DS2 and I still find the way they ignored it while still keeping it canon a terrible decision made by an incompetent writer.
>>
>>337709565
>I enjoyed all three games
No you didn't, you're only pretending you did just to spite me. Why must you be so obsessed with lying to yourself?

Say it with me
"Dark Souls 2 is garbage, and I'm a stupid idiot enjoying it."
>>
>>337708941
The cycle Aldia broke out of was that of mortality. Kings live and die, so they dread losing their crowns and powers, fear the inevitable. Aldia was appalled by this and decided to find a way to end the constant fear of death. Which had side effects.
>>
>>337709257
pretty sure Herald tells you that.

her first lines upon meeting you are "Are you... the next monarch?"

and yeah he locked shandra out of the throne of want, but he also pussied out to begin with. instead of linking the fire and saving his kingdom, he desperately tried to find a cure while the kingdom fell apart and hollowed, after already having been ravaged by the war with the giants.

when he discovers the truth about everything, instead of manning up, he fucks off to the crypt to wallow in self pity. He had a right hand man who was a Paladin more than capable of fucking up nashandra's shit, yet he didnt.
>>
File: rthed.jpg (70 KB, 335x766) Image search: [Google]
rthed.jpg
70 KB, 335x766
Had a weird conversation recently
>>
>>337709570
I guess that's fine, the huge amount of different armors and weapons was one of the better parts of the game. But I don't really enjoy these games for the PVP so it bothers me when they seem to focus more on that than the PVE experience.
>>
File: 1455994309399.png (74 KB, 255x201) Image search: [Google]
1455994309399.png
74 KB, 255x201
>>337709714
This is honestly the saddest post I've seen on here in a long time.
>>
>>337709851
What do you base that on? Boss difficulty?

The fact that he gets tainted by dark just by staying in the crypt shows that he is as susceptible to it as anyone.
>>
>>337708912
When did /v/ switch from loving everything about Miyazaki to Miyazaki confirmed shit? Jesus you fucking losers.
>>
>>337709570
The vast majority of everyone who plays these games couldn't care less about the pvp

people here thinking it redeems das2 in any way are just missing the point that you're such a teeny tiny minority as to be less than a tenth of a percent of players
>>
>>337706325
That's Kaathe's fault though. The weird turtle hunchbacks become the tree hollows which eventually become the Pilgrim Butterflies.
>>
>>337709562
It's not about not having answers. It just doesn't make sense inside the world it is set.

Aldia shouldn't be possible. The Crown shouldn't be possible. And yet, they are there and are central to the story. Now what? Now we have people thinking there was some deep storytelling (like this >>337709824) when it was simply an asspull that doesn't fit. And we have to live with this shit.

Questions in 1 and 3 were about possibilities. In 3, the two major ending leads to the same conclusion: it's the end. Usurper is the only one that (being a secret ending) makes a bridge to something else...something unanswered. But everything makes sense within the world it's in.
>>
>>337710007
WHITE PEOPLE BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>337710007
couldnt take F A C T S anon ?
>>
>>337710152
typical high school behavior breh. only allowed to like things that are niche
>>
>>337710152
>one person
>all of /v/

you know its almost as if different people have different opinions
>>
>>337710264
>It's not about not having answers. It just doesn't make sense inside the world it is set.
>Aldia shouldn't be possible. The Crown shouldn't be possible.

>trying to argue that things should be impossible in a fantasy world

dduh-dduh-uhhh
>>
File: MelBrooks1.jpg (147 KB, 588x260) Image search: [Google]
MelBrooks1.jpg
147 KB, 588x260
>>337709514
The throne gives you power, as thrones tend to. But this is a fantasy-setting throne so it's more apparent power than just being king (which is nice). He left after he admitted his own fear of losing the throne and accepted that he eventually would lose it anyway. But he understood that Nashandra had ill intentions with it, so he made sure she never got to it. (The Milfanito were probably the cause why Nashandra wasn't able to get to Vendrick's tomb, as there is even one in the castle to keep her in check)
>>
>>337710158
>most people dont care about pvp because i said so

Even if this was true, how does that invalidate factoring one of the game's strongest points into an evaluation of it? I could say the vast majority of DSIII players (casuals) don't give a shit about lore. Does that make lore a moot point?
>>
>>337709714
>it's a "le Dark Souls 2 is le bad maymay" thread #547215628
>>
>>337710597
>Even if this was true, how does that invalidate factoring one of the game's strongest points into an evaluation of it?

are you serious right now?

IT DOESN'T MATTER TO THE GREATER PLAYER BASE
>>
>>337710095
well no worries they almost completely disregarded pvp in 3. rip.
>>
>>337709704
part of that comes from DaS2 itself not knowing whether it wants to be lordran or not. the levels and easter eggs say yes, (Majula is clearly firelink, it's ruins are under the house, and the two line up nicely) but Fromsoft says no, and DaS3 confirms that Drangleic was another place seperate from lordran. which is stupid. Even more stupid is that DaS2 went to great lengths to explain how kingdoms are fickle and rise and fall by the dozen. then DaS3 rolls along and ANOR LONDO LOL, DAS1 LORE LOL, THE GODS, LOL I mean really. that bothered me, after DaS2 went out of its way to distance itself from 1, to really show how long its been, that even the gods have mostly been forgotten. Even Anor Londo 2.0, heides, the place where the gods probably fled to, is already ancient ruins itself. It doesnt even have a name. heide is german for heretic or heathen, meaning it's a nickname for the place. it's literally nameless ruins. which was cool.

I never thought id see a world where DaS2's writing and lore is actually better than Miyazaki's own
>>
>>337710498
>a fantasy world doesn't need to be consistent with it's own rules
Well lad, the discussion is over then.
Let's just throw everything in.
>>
>>337710749
Souls PVP is and always has been a gimmick so youtubers can make funny meme videos out of it.

Go play an actual fighting game if you want to play seriously.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 392x243
Is it just a coincidence that the fire keeper in DS3 has the Ivory kings crown on her face or... is it significant in any way?
>>
>>337710007
>little sweden
It's true, you know.
>>
>>337709514
Vendrick left because of any combination of the following reasons:
He realized that the woman he loved had set him up to fail, and she was just some power-crazed creature.

His older brother, who helped him found Drangleic, went mad and eventually disregarded the kingdom they built to work on his experiments, all of which, including the Emerald Herald, failed to do much of anything.

He realized that despite all he achieved it was destined to fall into ruin as he could no find a way to stop the curse. Like so many monarchs before him, linking the fire only delays the inevitable.

Nashandra wanted the Throne to gain the power of the First Flame, and by extension, the implication that she would gain some kind of power over mankind.

She sends you to run all the errands because she herself is incapable of getting certain things due to Vendrick, and likely by extension Aldia, doing everything they could to bar her way. The King's ring, the Ashen Mist, and the Giant's Kinship are needed to get to the throne, and it's unlikely that Nashandra could've gotten any of these.

There's also the fact that she sees the player as a mere pawn, and she's so arrogant that she likely thinks that retrieving these things is below her, so she sends you to do everything for her so that she could take the throne in the end.
>>
>>337710007
I do believe you got rather served.
>>
>>337710792
>its own rules
>a fantasy universe where every single living entity experiences a different reality and these realities can collide, mix, seperate etc randomly

yeah tons of rules

tom bombadil, motherfucker. good writing IS breaking your own rules.
>>
>>337710776
I tell you it makes a lot more sense if you detach Dark Souls 2 from 1 and 3 and accept it as something unrelated about mortal kings and the crazy shit they do to stay in power that had stuff forced in that messed up what could have been a good seperate setting.
>>
>>337709714
Wow people can enjoy different things in sure people irl think you're an idiot because you think you're better than all of them and you prob wonder why you dont have friends
>>
>>337710703
>it doesn't matter to the greater player base
Yet, its what keeps people playing the game past the first few months.

And you're still ignoring the argument. Regurgitating what you said in caps doesn't make it anymore convincing.
>>
File: tumblr_nur70itl1a1u5uziso1_500.png (619 KB, 500x722) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nur70itl1a1u5uziso1_500.png
619 KB, 500x722
>no Velstadt bell hammer :(
>>
>>337711136
>good writing IS breaking your own rules
no, no its not, and tom bombadil is the worst example you could have used.
>>
>>337710264
>Aldia shouldn't be possible. The Crown shouldn't be possible.
Alright, here's a question: Why?

In what way are these things impossible?

Where does it say that no one can break away from the cycle? Just because so many have failed, doesn't mean it's impossible for it to occur.
>>
>>337711136
Like i said, if you think that you can break a set of rules about your world, no matter how absurd it is, is a sign of quality and that Tom Bombadil was a sign of that, there's simply nothing to discuss with you. A quality example of the kind of people that defend DaS2 story and lore.
>>
>>337710971
I agree Souls PvP has never been that balanced. I do actually play fighting games and prefer that when I want solid competitive balance. Despite all that, Souls PvP is just fun. There was some consistency to the playing field in 2 which is gone in 3, which imo makes it less fun.

I think there's a lot of overlap with fighting games and souls pvp. probably why i'm so drawn to it.
>>
>>337711071
But what does the Throne do exactly, and why is it covered in ash? What did Vendrick steal from the Giants?
>>
>>337711573
i didn't defend a single thing about ds2

presenting tom bombadil as bad in some kind of demi-academic manner doesn't make you look smart, it makes you look like a cocksucker
>>
>>337710007
He's absolutely on the money, you know. Fact is, unless the third world immigrants are removed entirely from european countries, europeans WILL become minorities in their own lands.
>>
>>337711467
>presenting tom bombadil as bad in some kind of demi-academic manner doesn't make you look smart, it makes you look like a cocksucker
I don't even know why you're telling me this. You're the idiot who brought that shit up.
>>
>>337711170
yeah but thats the thing, because DaS2 goes its own way and distances itself from 1, relying only on a few base concepts, (and expanding on them) it feels much better as a sequel than 3, that retreads most of 1's lore and shit.
>>
>>337711853
>it feels much better as a sequel than 3

i thought it felt like a fanfic. something aping the feel of the original and never hitting it, nor hitting any other particular feeling.
>>
Is the Ivory King the only true hero in the entire soulsverse?
>>
File: 1453292140132.jpg (37 KB, 449x546) Image search: [Google]
1453292140132.jpg
37 KB, 449x546
>pretending DaS2 was good
>>
>>337711961
Yhorm's a hero too. At least he was before he died.
>>
>>337711829
>I don't even know why you're telling me this. You're the idiot who brought that shit up.
I didn't bring up shit about Tom Bombadil you sperge, that's most obviously someone else.

I asked you why this shit is impossible.

Answer the question or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>337711961
he scored the best queen
>>
>>337711467
There's simply no hint of a power you can tap that can transform you into some immortal teleporting fire tree. And neither one who can break the "curse". Not even in the game that portrays it being possible. It just happened because he was a Scholar. Apparently that's all it takes.
>>
>>337707290
He might be the guy behind Lothric's refusal to link the fire
>>
File: 1356544617134.jpg (50 KB, 300x321) Image search: [Google]
1356544617134.jpg
50 KB, 300x321
>>337711992
>Pretending DS2 wasn't decent
>Pretending DS1 and 3 are anything more than good
>>
>>337712062
>getting this triggered by an obvious wrong reply
Take your pills.
>>
File: professional rankings.png (218 KB, 637x1470) Image search: [Google]
professional rankings.png
218 KB, 637x1470
>>337711992
>DS1 shitters only have meme pictures to "back up" their inane views
>>
>>337712187
which is a big fucking deal and should be expanded upon on the DLC
>>
>>337701172
3 was disappointing. Looked really nice but the visuals are the best thing about the game. DS2 did everything better and that's really saying something. DS3 has no memorable NPCs even. The only thing even meme worthy about DS3 are the angel knights. Remarkably bad (and rehashed, frankly) lore, lacking immersion, very few weapons, the new "weapon skills" are nowhere near as good nor useful as they were in DS2. It hurts to say but the game does kinda suck. Especially after seeing how awesome Bloodborne and DS2 were.
>>
>>337711931
>fanfic
that describes 3 a lot more accurately imo, with all its blatant throwbacks to ds1. 2 at least treated the events/characters of 1 like myths and legends. suddenly, shit is just back in 3 because "time is convoluted" or some dumb shit. that sounds way more fanfic-y to me
>>
>>337712263
>meme pictures
>post metacritic
>>
>>337712263
I wonder what the budget of 2 was compared to 3? 2 had so much fucking hype and then 3 just kind of quietly came out. 2 even had pre-order bonuses for christ sake
>>
>>337712325
no it shouldn't

people always wanting more info and deeper answers don't understand the point of the series..things are supposed to be left open to inference in many cases

aldia is pretty clearly the reasno the brothers didnt link the fire, what more do you need

perhaps he is also the reason why pilgrims turn into butterflies and humanity seems to essentially be evolving into dragons...it was basically the heart of his research after all

i'd much rather the dlc dive into new stories and things unexplored in the plot like the kingdom of londor
>>
File: DS3 dragon form.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
DS3 dragon form.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>337712458
nice well backed counter-argument
>>
>>337712103
We already know that his experiments failed though. It ended with him simply becoming trapped within the fires eternally.

The fact of the matter is that we know so little about Aldia that there's no way we can discern why his state can't be, since we barely know what that state is.
>>
File: 1457975083597.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457975083597.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
>>337712429
>The only thing even meme worthy about DS3 are the angel knights
>meme worthy
>>
>>337712429
>DS2 did everything better
>meme worthy
Sir, you need to leave.
>>
>>337712471
2 apparently went through development hell and almost didnt come through. it definitely had a longer dev cycle than 3, but development was fucked up when miyazaki went to focus on BB.

I actually think DS3 probably had the shortest dev cycle of all 3 games. It kinda shows when they seemed to pour all their time/resources into great level design while sacrificing almost everything else.
>>
>>337712554
In the DLC I hope they either do something entirely new and refreshing, or give some actual answers. I'm tired of time travel and half explanation that only add more questions.
Either give me Aldia, Serpents and Londor and explain it properly or do something surprising like, I dunno, Carthus desert with some new stuff.
>>
>>337712103
>There's simply no hint of a power you can tap that can transform you into some immortal teleporting fire tree.
The giants turned into trees after death and Aldia had a bunch of dead giants in his casa.
>>
>>337712862
>I'm tired of time travel and half explanation that only add more questions.

but my point is that's all you're EVER GOING TO GET as that is the INTENT OF THE STORYTELLING IN THIS SERIES

jesus fuck

>makes peanut butter sandwich
>eats it
>"man i hate peanut butter"
>>
>>337712617
a DTH image in a DS thread? Now I've seen everything.
>>
>>337712617
that video creeped me out back then
>>
>>337712554
>aldia is pretty clearly the reasno the brothers didnt link the fire

Pretty sure Lothric just tells you that he doesn't want the cycle to continue
>>
>>337712643
Which would be no problem if Aldia character wasn't so central and how his conditions breaks everything the game is about.
The point is that everyone is locked into the cycle. Every pain and disasters that happens is attached to it. When you hint that there's a power somewhere in the world wich can break this that's fucking huge and in no way can be acceptable with a simply "a scholar found a way". Aldia would be up there side by side with the First Flame if that was true. And this is why it's bad.
Obviously there would be a legion of people thinking "No, that's fucking awesome. Aldia is the OG of Dark Souls.". But no, he's simply the Deus ex machina of Dark Souls. And hopefully, either be forgotten or retconed/explained.
>>
>>337712652
How are they memeworthy? Just curious, picked up the game yesterday and haven't gotten that far I guess.
>>
>>337713196
well why are you pretty sure about something and telling me about it when i have information that you don't have?

i wouldn't call that pretty sure at all, i'd call it brash and ignorant
>>
File: skellingtons.jpg (33 KB, 473x352) Image search: [Google]
skellingtons.jpg
33 KB, 473x352
>>337713167
>>
>>337712658
>>337712652
>even meme worthy
>EVEN
Key operative word there. You need to learn to break down sentences and understand them. This is elementary school stuff here, guys.
>>
>>337712429
The only thing DaS 2 did right was powerstancing and more roll direction while locked on. 3
>>
File: imageedit_1_9912268947.jpg (60 KB, 664x374) Image search: [Google]
imageedit_1_9912268947.jpg
60 KB, 664x374
>>337712862
>like, I dunno, Carthus desert
ARE YOU READY?
>>
>>337713458
And you need to break your fucking neck because you thinking "meme worthy" is something a game should strive for
>>
>>337713226
Witch of Izalith managed to create a twisted version of the first flame. not unheard of for the guy who managed to clone Dragons and Drakes and create a fucking firekeeper to become some weird chaos tree monster himself.

after all, him and vendrick had the kiln to experiment with
>>
>>337713226
>Aldia character wasn't so central and how his conditions breaks everything the game is about.
But it's not
Aldia wanted out of the cycles and that's exactly what he got

He is backseat driving BotC around the world on a happy road trip as far away from the first flame as possible with 0 risk involved because BotC slayed a bunch of guys ergo is tough to kill and CAN die with 0 risk of going hollow.

Everything about Aldias character in 2 is that he is fucking done with the world and just wants an out
>>
File: winged_knight_set_small.jpg (16 KB, 211x350) Image search: [Google]
winged_knight_set_small.jpg
16 KB, 211x350
>>337713290
>among the hardest and most annoying enemies
>armor has best face on it in the game
>they are essentially obese
>they come in a few varieties, all have these angel wings on their back ranging from small to full
>they are very strong attackers but also cast this gay AOE magic
>also, there is a paining hidden in Lothric of the angel knights as literal angels in fat armor but with bare feet
>>
>>337713372
Am I missing something here or are you just memeing on me?

Lothirc didn't want to continue with the cycles that's all, he isn't even the first guy who has the idea
>>
>>337712798
DaS 3 was in development since 2013, and it does nearly everything better than 2, not just level design.
>>
>>337713557
>still this stupid even after having it explained
Found the nigger.
>>
>>337713898
>and it does nearly everything better than 2
PvP is easily the worst in the series. worse than Bloodborne, even, if you can believe it.
>>
>>337713874
Other anon but one of the a soul stream description goes along the lines of "A Scholar first gave the prices the idea of abandoning the flame"
Clearly Aldia is the ONLY scholar in the souls series, I personally think its a retarded theory because it makes no sense timeline wise, but then again time is convoluted and people like reading into shit and making connections waaaaaay too much
>>
>>337714041
>worse than Bloodborne, even
Nah, DaS3 doesn't force you to coop before being invaded
>>
>>337714041
hasnt had a major patch
>>
>>337714219
it prioritizes coopers though, actually, similar to how BB does, unless you are in a designated pvp area.
>>
Dark Souls 1 was the intro to the world, Dark souls 2 was about leadership and the cure for hollowing, which paves the way for the weird Londor arts and voluntary hollowing that leads to the ability to usurp the flame
Though I imagine the dlcs will probably change shit up like it did 2
>>
>>337713867
Wait I think I saw one of these guys in the beginning right before vordt but he never used an Aoe attack. Do they get crazier or something?
>>
>>337714041
Nice meme. I bet you can't parry, have no concept of what hyper armor does and complain about stunlocks when you can always roll after two hits.
>>
>>337714353
>Though I imagine the dlcs will probably change shit up like it did 2
What?
>>
>>337714358
I don't think the first variants of them have the AOE magic but later on they can really fuck you up with it. The full winged ones on the roof of the Archives are true bullshit. They can even fly.
>>
>DaS2 fags trying to call their game anything but shit by citing the DLC

Base game was fucking dogshit, the DLC saved it. DaS3 blows DaS2 out of the water, DaS3 DLC will kill any arguments when it comes out.
>>
>>337713734
The Witch of Izalith was one of the first Lords, who was specifically associated with flame. Literally a god, for all intents and purposes. Aldia was, what, just some random guy?
>>
>>337714642
>DaS3 blows DaS2 out of the water
Except for build variety and having bosses that take more than a few tries and overall game world linearity.
DS3 is better for 1/2 playthroughs, 2 is better if you like replaying games
>>
>>337713526
BEHOLD!
IT IS THE LEGEND
>>
>memers riding the "ds2 sucks" bandwagon
Ignore the kids. They're not yet old enough to form their own opinions or even appreciate what a well crafted game is
>>
>>337714269
even with its shit. Bloodborne was entirely about no armor, quick weapons, and some hyperarmor for slower weapons. And coop was limited to 2 phantoms, and due to the way coop works in BB, you were likely to catch a host before help arrived.

in DaS3, it prioritizes people who have phantoms, you can have up to 3 phantoms, and the game has fucked hyperarmor, and fast weapons are the meta. sure, fixes to weapons and poise might address that- but that doesnt change the fucked way that matchmaking works, leading you about 96% of the time into a 4 man gank.
>>
>>337713734
Witch of Izalith also found one of the most powerful souls that ever existed in the First Flame and was one of the First Lord. And even the chaos flame lost to the cycle.

>>337713824
>But it's not
>Aldia wanted out of the cycles and that's exactly what he got
It's contradictory. He got what he wanted, he broke the cycle that no God or human that ever was managed to do. Achieving that, he becomes the most powerfull character in the whole lore.
>>
>>337714743
a really smart guy, who managed to happen upon a petrified dragon egg to play with. we all know Dragons are associated with immortality and all that shit, which is why they tried to make a fake firekeeper born of dragons or whatever the herald was
>>
Aldia is the hero Dark Souls deserves.

Why is he not in DS3? Tell my Miyazaki? Why do you hate his swagger?
>>
>>337715090
>he broke the cycle
No he didn't?

He didn't break the cycles he got OUT of the cycles.
He got what he wanted and it has 0 impact on the rest of the world because literally nobody else could do it since it required a bunch of unique items.
>>
>>337714818
I tried replaying 2 and it was a massive chore, the amount of shit padding the game has is ridiculous. Meanwhile I'm in my third playthrough of 3 because the areas are just so fun to go through. I'll never understand you faggots
>>
>>337714915
Disregarding the lore or characters or setting, the gameplay and level design are hot garbage compared to DS1 and 3, and that's all that matters.
>>
>>337714743
Aldia probably knows more about the nature of Souls than the first Lords did. The Witches of Izalith were almost bumbling in their attempts to do what they did, and fucked up so badly that it ended terribly.

Aldia is in the same boat in that in the end he also failed, but he was so accomplished after spending his life researching and twisting souls that he managed to create Drakes out of people, and even the Ancient Dragon seems to be nothing more than some kind of giant that was twisted into becoming an artificial dragon.
>>
>>337715296
>I tried 2 and buzzwords happened
>>
>>337715247
I get the feeling that things would make more sense if curse in 2 worked like in 1/3. so you would need the crown to fight nashandra. but because the crowns shit got cut, they nerfed curse
>>
>>337715247
>WANTED OUT of the cycles and that's exactly what HE GOT
You mistranslated what you wrote? The fuck man. No one (you and me) said he broke THE cycle. He got out of the cycle. And this makes him the most powerfull character to ever exist.
>>
>>337715296
>third
Oh look at that replayability doing work, tell me when you hit the second half and get bored to tears because there is no real variety and the overall linear world progression means that you can't even do fun builds early game.

Also
>Man DS2 is such a shit game there is so much of it!
Really thats the best critcism you have for it? There is too much of it?
>>
>>337714743
Aldia was king Vendrick's right hand. He was the guy who unlocked the secrets of the soul and showed them to him. He also succeeded in creating artificial souls and transplanting them into dragons and even lifeless stone carvings. A genius scientist who, like all in the DS universe, wound up fucking up at some point. Only he doesn't seem to give two shits about his fuckup. He just became a philosopher after the fact.
>>
>>337715395
>that he managed to create Drakes out of people

Come again?
>>
>>337715461
>he fuck man. No one (you and me) said he broke THE cycle
You did
Rigth here>>337715090
>he broke the cycle that no God or human that ever was managed to do
>He broke the cycle
>HE BROKE THE CYCLE
Nigga are you high or some shit?
>>
>>337715319
Level design could have been much better, sure. It wasn't terrible though. The gameplay is 100% off though. That was one of the best things about it.
>>
>>337715453
Nah curse in 2 makes more sense than 1/3, they just renamed the old "curse" to "petrification" to be more on the nose with the CURSE OF THE UNDEAD shit.
>>
>>337715615
Ah okay, i meant for himself offcourse. Thought it would be self explanatory. Obviously the cycle goes on for fuck sake.
>>
>>337715395
I always felt more that the ancient dragon was cloned, and the giant soul was just used to make him work. I mean, he does that mystic mind talk shit like dragons (might?) do and gives you a time bending object that a giant has no business having. its also the very same dragon from the ancient dragon memory in Freja's room.
>>
>>337715531
All the Drakes in the dragon aerie aren't real. They're the result of Aldia's experimentation, as is the Ancient Dragon.

Aldia was obsessed with figuring out how to cheat death/break the cycle. Dragons existed outside of that cycle. He would abduct people and experiment on them, using strange rituals, magics, what-have-you, until eventually he was able to twist people into other things. The Hippoclops are an example.

In the end he was able to create Drakes out of humans, somehow, and was able to create humans from the remains of dragons, which is what the Emerald Herald is.

All of the shit in the Dragon Aerie is artificial life that he made.
>>
Jesus Christ, I can't wait for the DLC. There are so many topics to be covered...

>Profaned Flame
>The Deep
>Aldia
>Londor
>Drangleic

Also I hope they'll be the same quality as TOH.
>>
File: 1430219343116.png (984 KB, 480x1438) Image search: [Google]
1430219343116.png
984 KB, 480x1438
>>337707824
>>
>>337715890
>>Profaned Flame
i assumed that was chaos flame
>>
>>337708380

>cashbrab

guess what dark souls 3 is
>>
>>337715856
So you are saying what makes Aldia unique is that he got out of the cycles
Which Gwyn/Nito/Witchoffuckthatshitbossfight/Seath/Andre/Precilla/Gwyneverye/Gwyndolin also did.
The first 4 with reincarnations, Andre with reference magic and who the fuck knows why the last 3 made a return.
>>
>>337715398
What buzzwords retard? The game is literally quantity > quality: the game

>>337715505
I'll be fine thanks, bosses, enemy placement and level design aren't absolute shit like in 2.
>>
>>337707401

kys miyazaki cum guzzler
>>
>>337715890
It'll probably be this:

One DLC for the grand betrayal. Time travel to see Ludleth past.
One for Londor, Sable Church and Serpents.

There has to be some time travel somewhere, it always does.
>>
>>337715890
>Profaned Flame
Flame of Chaos AKA Old Chaos.
The game pretty much flat out tells you this "He went to a frozen land found an empty citcy with an undying flame below it" Gee wonder what possible frozen city with a flame below it he could be talking about. Eleum Loyce, he found Eleum Loyce
>>
>>337714642
>DaS3 blows DaS2 out of the water

The only thing DS3 blows is dicks
>>
>>337716176
>bosses
Eh, most are far too squishy. They didn't learn shit from BB and 2 and just went right on back to the boss HP scaling of 1 where if you had decent upgrades for you progression everyone was a cakewalk
>>
It doesn't matter how people think of das2 because das3 is just as shit since it goes nowhere with the story despite being the last game, miyazaki is a fucking hack, end of the fucking discussion.
>>
>>337716230
Huh. Wouldn't Alsanna be still alive? She's a fragment of Manus, after all.
>>
>>337715879
You are just jumping to conclusions. Nothing in the game says that the drakes are his creations unlike all the other things which are heavily hinted at or just plain confirmed. In fact the game goes out of it's way to say that the Drakes were tricked into serving Aldia mostly likely because of the Ancient Dragon he recreated.
>>
>>337716065

The Chaos Flame was explicitly stated to have died. The Profaned Flame is some shit that had to do with Yhorm sometime around Sully's kiddy-days.
>>
DS2 was a mistake.
>>
>>337716087
All of those except for Andre are lords/gods.

And Andre is still undead, he just hasn't gone hollow because he's a smithing autist so he never loses his sense of purpose.

Aldia is the only human to really transcend his human (dark) soul.
>>
>>337710152

when he was confirmed a hack since bloodborne was boring trash and dark souls 3 was literally bloodborne with shields
>>
>>337716375
Who knows, why the fuck was Nito alive to be eaten by whatshisface if he got killed by CU in 1
Same goes for gwyndolin and Precilla although you can argue that those were optional bosses.

Manus seems really absent in 3 in general, like sure you have black goo monsters but thats about it, so honestly I'm hoping for a DLC that at least somewhat deals with what happened to him since he was kind of important in the grand scheme of things
>>
>>337716343
HP sponge bosses are shit. Kill yourself my man.
>>
>>337716230
But the Profaned Capital is an empty city with an undying flame below a frozen land...
And I don't see any similarities between it or Ithryll and Loyce
>>
>>337716087
>Which Gwyn/Nito/Witchoffuckthatshitbossfight/Seath/Andre/Precilla/Gwyneverye/Gwyndolin also did.
>reincarnation
Reincarnation is from Aldia game, it is never even hinted in 3. And even in DaS2, you don't return as the same guy, it's more like some mental condition, it's not even close to Aldia.
Gwyndolin was killed and also a God.
And the whole thing about Andre in 3 is not even explained. We still have to wait.
>>
I just want a proper, definite ending. Not this vague, half-assed retread shit from the first game again.

Instead of being just another game set near the end of the age of fire, this should have been the apocalypse at the end of time where everything comes crashing down and irreparably goes to hell and is gone forever.
No linking the fucking fire again, no age of dark, no usurpation, no fucking embers in the darkness and most certainly no second flame or some shit.

A bleak and nihilistic atmosphere similar to Majora's Mask, woven through the entire setting and all the character's stories.

A sorry end is this to the franchise. I've not much hope the DLC fixing anything at this point.
Can't wait for Dark "Psyche we were just kidding" Souls 4!
>>
>>337710776
>Majula is clearly firelink

lol you are fucking crazy
>>
>>337698243
i never quite got what he is supposed to look like?
is he just a bunch of roots
>>
File: Old Chaos.jpg (79 KB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
Old Chaos.jpg
79 KB, 1364x768
>>337716460
>The Chaos Flame was explicitly stated to have died
>>
>>337716498
Andere is such a great undead that he dies when killed and never respawns? But thats a returning plot hole from 1 so whatever.

>>337716647
>eincarnation is from Aldia game, it is never even hinted in 3
Soul of Cinder, if the fight itself wasn't a dead giveaway read the soul description, it is even more on the nose about reincarnation than 2 was.

>Gwyndolin was killed and also a God
Clerly he fucking didn't, the CU killed him and then he was alive for Aldrich to eat him again.
>>
>>337716498
>>337716647
He's probably unkindled ash brought back from the dead for no discernible reason, just like the player
>>
>>337716601
>why the fuck was Nito alive to be eaten by whatshisface if he got killed by CU in 1
He wasn't. For christ sake, stop.
Priscilla was a dream. He only ate Gwyndollin as far as DaS1 character goes. Please, understand this. Every thread, there's always a guy.
>>
>>337716821
He means 3 where a demon soul says something about it being dead.
It's just a plot hole since old man Mia forgot what he wrote.

First he states that Pontiff found a frozen city with an undying flame (eleum) and then he says the chaos flame died long ago and demons are a dying race. Don't think about it too much because he as sure as shit didnt
>>
>>337712429
>DS2 did everything better

lol stopped reading right there
>>
I've been binging Dark Souls and I'm loving it.

What does Demons Souls and Bloodborne have to offer me that Dark Souls 1-3 doesn't have?
>>
>>337716859
Yeah, this is also how I reconcile the fact that there's dudes from all these supposedly long-gone kingdoms like Astora running around, and how we haven't seen any cultural drift after 2,000 years or however long it's been since DAS1
>>
>>337716692
>I just want a proper, definite ending.
sorry but you're playing DS for completely wrong reasons
>>
>>337716834
Soul of Cinder works exactly like the Unkindled Lords. There's no reincarnation concept involved.
Gwyndolin was eaten, Jesus christ, that's not even debatable. He was an optional boss in 1. Obviously canon we didn't killed him. Just like they retconned Ornstein.

>>337716859
Oh, can accept that.
>>
>>337716868
>it was all a dream all along
Are we willing to accept that 2 didn't have time travel and you were in a pocket dimension or is that shit still too high flying for you lot?
>>
>>337717012
>Demons Souls
Different aesthetics and ambient, clunkier controls

>Bloodborne
Different setting and less passive gameplay
>>
>>337717110
>There's no reincarnation concept involved.
Yes there is.
Read the fucking soul description.

>gwyndoling was eat
While alive
After being killed by the CU?

Time sure is convoluted if you try to justify him coming back to life just to die again as not reincarnation
>>
>>337716868

So how'd he get what looks like a Gravelord Sword?
>>
>>337717126
The miracle was based in a dream.
The miracle state he dreamt about Priscilla while eating Gwyndollin.
Miracles are stories.
Can you understand? Please.
>>
>>337717012
>Demon's Souls
unique weapons and atmosphere. It's definitely harder and I think you'll enjoy it.
>Bloodborne
The most polished game in the series, great atmosphere, aesthetics, lore, weapons, gameplay changes, NPCs, DLC and bosses. It's just as good as Dark Souls 1. It's so fucking good that I don't regret buying a PS4 for it. it collects dust now.
>>
>>337717272
Whatever helps you sleep at night nerdlord. Your headcanon has more plotholes than the story of DS1
>>
File: 1278522876098.png (312 KB, 550x361) Image search: [Google]
1278522876098.png
312 KB, 550x361
>>337716532
It must be so exhausting to have to constantly shift what you like so that you seem unique. I can only imagine the internal levers and pulleys that operate in you when you decide that something you used to like has now become Too Popular To Like.
>>
>>337717267
Because they wanted to use the asset.
Did you ate Nito in the first game to get his sword?
>>
File: you want something fam.jpg (395 KB, 960x530) Image search: [Google]
you want something fam.jpg
395 KB, 960x530
>>337698243
>Dark Souls 3 tries to ignore DS2
>misses all story developments from 2
>hardly explains its new elements besides what relate back to DS1 explicitly
>>
>>337717345
>DeS
>harder than anything else
If you consider not knowing anything about the game "difficulty" sure. DeS is hands down the easiest in the series the only challenge being not knowing the absurdly strong item combinations
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.