[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
in this world full of dudebro fps hat shop fps sjw meme fps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: quake-3-arena-4.jpg (52 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
quake-3-arena-4.jpg
52 KB, 1920x1080
in this world full of
dudebro fps
hat shop fps
sjw meme fps
even an squid fps...
i think the time has come

the best multiplayer in the world needs to come back

to come back for GUUUUUUUUD
>>
Modern id lost its touch

Bethesda would only ruin Quake further
>>
Quake Live's development is practically discontinued isn't it
>>
>>337697595
even the logo design is accurate by today's standards

it's time for the king to comeback

>but anon, quake live
FUCK YOU that is not the real thing
>>
just wait for Blackroom
>>
>>337697595
>dudebro fps
Which Quake was a part of.

Go back to sleep, you have school tomorrow.
>>
I tried playing quake arena LAN with my new friends. Then they said it sucks and we played CS 1.6

I think it's time to find new friends again.
>>
>>337697595
Quake 3 was a dudebro FPS, faglord.
>>
>>337697926
whats wrong with quake live?
>>
>>337699501
>loadouts
>enemy markers
>shit dorito artwork
nothing at all
>>
>>337700335
>>loadouts
what does that even mean

>>enemy markers
?

>>shit dorito artwork
you can disable almost all graphics

I played Quake 3 arena as a kid and quake live for a bit but did not notice much difference
>>
>>337700531
loadouts: lets you choose the weapons that you begin with on each match
enemy markers: it shows the position of enemies through walls using markers or silouettes, aka 'arkham vision'
shit dorito artwork: i personally don't like the techno neon artwork, were they just let you change colours... quake 3 arena had an amazing roster
>>
File: reflex.jpg (452 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
reflex.jpg
452 KB, 1920x1080
>>337697595
It's already back and it's better
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 443x332
>>337700778
Loadouts only apply to specific game types and custom servers can turn them off (I think) - clan arena is by far the most popular game type anyway.

Enemy markers in the same boat. Never played a server with that on.

Artwork, I dunno man. Quake looks like pic related so i can't say I've noticed. Unless you mean the title screen but who gives a fuck.
>>
File: shot0021.jpg (734 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
shot0021.jpg
734 KB, 1920x1080
you know, Q3 is practically free at this point. grab the pk3 from some shady third party site*, and google "quake pro installer 2". get unto quakenet and get raped by the people who've been playing this game for the last 16 years because there's still nothing better.

If you expect 2016 id software to deliver a worthy successor to Quake 3 you're deluded.

* no one who made Q3 good is still at id. it's fine to pirate. Donate 5$ to Carmack if you feel bad.

>>337698072
If they cannot do bridge2rail they are too bad at the game for it to be fun. It's like someone who doesn't know how to turn the ignition on complaining that their car doesn't go fast.

>>337701712
this.

>>337701787
If you turn off picmip and vertexlight, you can see it actually has incredible visual design (pic related).
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.