[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DOOM or Overwatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
I only have time and money for one, can't decide which one to pick up first. (the 2nd one will have to wait until autumn, since Blood and Wine won't play itself during summer).

It's a choice of (apparently) great singleplayer and meh multiplayer vs no singleplayer and great multiplayer.

I wonder if DOOM has any replayability and will allow me to have fun for more than a week. Overwatch will surely not bore me quickly and Blizz will provide it with free content.

Im leaning towards Overwatch, am I doing the right thing?
>>
>>337691985
Overwatch is the correct answer
>>
Doom is a rental at best
>>
Neither. Both are shit.
>>
>>337692372
I assume shitposting is your favourite game anon? Would you recommend it?
>>
>>337691985
Overwatch. The only good part of Doom is singleplayer, so you should wait for a crack/sale.
>>
>>337692445
I played both Betas and I didn't like them. What's wrong with that? Blood and Wine comes out in 2 weeks, might as well replay The Witcher 3.
>>
>>337692257
Can you even rent games anymore?
>>
Buy Overwatch

Rent DOOM
>>
Doom is dogshit

Overwatch looks cool, the beta was ok
So go for overwatch
>>
>>337692712
http://www.redbox.com/games
>>
>>337691985
Save up for a PC, then buy some good games as opposed to consolized DOOM and what will be a flavor of the week.
>>
>>337692372
hey anon, what games do you play?
>>
>>337691985
Doom has a god tier single player and pretty shit multiplayer.

Don't play overwatch on PS4. Doom will become cheaper in the long run though on PS4.
>>
>>337692764
Only right answer
>>
Overwatch by a mile
>>
I really enjoyed Overwatch beta, but hell, DOOM singpleplayer gameplays look fun as fuck. This pace, this classic ID games atmosphere.

U're right though, Overwatch will keep me busy for longer, i'll wait for DOOM to go on sale.
>>
>>337691985
Overwatch. Doom was pretty fun but not worth 60 bucks. Definitely a rental. Overwatch will keep you entertained for much longer. Doom's a fun 7 to 8 hours. But that's it.
>>
File: Overwatch+comp_0f1bb5_5915121.gif (366 KB, 367x480) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch+comp_0f1bb5_5915121.gif
366 KB, 367x480
Buy Overwatch, get DOOM at a discount from a CDKey site or something. The campaign is amazing and snapmap is actually really fucking cool i don't know why everyone ignores it, it's got like every game mode you could want from doom mods to a certain extent, but Overwatch will be bigger, have a secure playerbase (which I'm not sure DOOM has) and will definitely will get more playtime from me and probably most other people between the two.
>>
Console?
Doom,

PC?
Overwatch, wait for Doom sale in a year
>>
>>337692914
I'm doing it anon. I plan to buy it next year or with the next GPU generation. I have to play something on a system i already have in a meanwhile, though.

>>337692928
DOOM and OW beta were the first FPS games that I played with a controller. Plays terrible at first, but I got used to it at the end of OW beta. I have to stick with it until I buy a new PC.
>>
Or you could wait about a couple weeks and pick then both up cheaper.
>>
File: 1462869591587.png (141 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
1462869591587.png
141 KB, 439x290
>>337691985
>all these Overtwat shillposters
>>
>>337691985
If you're more interested in multiplayer, Overwatch for sure.
>>
File: 1462204710173.gif (2 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1462204710173.gif
2 MB, 320x213
>>337693754
or you know

maybe

they wanna talk about a good videogame on a video game board you faggot
>>
>>337693672
I hear doom plays perfectly on the PS4 on the controller while I tried Overwatch on both PC and PS4 and found OW on the PS4 to be a completely different and slower game.

Either way both are great so enjoy whatever you want. Doom is a great game though so by the time you finish you can play OW when that comes out.
>>
>>337691985
One is the reboot to a classic series, and one of the few modern shooters available that is good.

The other is an online only (=cancer) team fortress rip-off relies on cinematic pixar trailers to feighn charm and innovation.

You decide OP.
>>
>2004+12
>unironically slurping up blizzard's shit
Doom is actually pretty good. Not sure why people hate multiplayer.
>>
>>337693732

I have a 20% discount in my VG shop, so I still get it cheaper.

I'll go with Overwatch first, thank you anons for clearing it up.
>>
>>337691985
A 60$ steak, + tax, + tip.
>>
>>337693895
Blizzard said it would adjust the game for consoles plus console versions will get a different balancing.
>>
File: 1457574734242.png (465 KB, 640x543) Image search: [Google]
1457574734242.png
465 KB, 640x543
>>337694118
>Not buying a whole box of the most quality cuts of beef in the world
>>
don't listen to these waifu faggots who just buy overwatch because of the girl characters. i played the beta and had a great time. that said, doom is even better. anyone saying dooms multiplayer sucks is an idiot and hasn't played it. it's quake meets halo. how could that be anything less than perfect? and the campaign is flawless.

Doom wins.
>>
Overwatch has more longevity due to constant free updates, and also costs less on PC.

DOOM is fun, but not worth $60. Its MP is complete ass, so that shouldn't be a factor when buying it at all.

Overwatch would be the better buy now, and DOOM would probably be a better buy during a Steam sale, or if you can get it for cheap off of G2A or Kinguin.

If you're getting the PS4 versions instead of the PC versions, don't bother with either.
>>
>>337694684
please tell me why the mp is "complete ass", unless you're just hopping into a mindless echochamber.
>>
>>337693978
>Not sure why people hate the multiplayer
Basically, take Halo and COD's multiplayer, mash them together, and give it a DOOM skin.

That's why. It's not DOOM at all. It's horribly mediocre at best.

Not to mention DLCs out the wazoo.

id/Bethesda really shouldn't have outsourced it to a bunch of ex-Bungie devs who made the recent COD MPs.
>>
>>337692924
I don't really play games anymore. I play like 3 a year, replay games and shitpost in disgust how bad games are getting.
>>
>>337694791
not him but I find it to be lacking severely in anything substantial, and the fact that there are superweapons that give you an edge over the enemy that the enemy can't do anything but camp on the superweapon/demon powerup spawnpoints as well is annoying as fuck

also the game feels horrible like I'm playing some fucking Unity multiplayer game not DOOM MP

snapmap is great tho and campaign was worth the 30 bucks I paid for it
>>
I really want them both, but I'm going to wait for a sale.

Meanwhile I'm going to be spending my 60 dollarydoos on an onahole.
>>
>>337694854
It's not like cod at all but i can see similarities to halo. No health/shield regen either.
>>
Overwatch is absolute shit.
>>
>>337695321
It's like COD with its whole progression system complete with level locked weapons and the supposed prestige bullshit.

The MP would be A LOT better if it didn't have the progression system in place.
>>
>>337695957
and if it didn't have fucking OP powerups out the ass that people just camp to win the game every match

seriously the gunplay isn't fun but that shit just kills any possible enjoyment and it's sad I just wanted old DOOM multiplayer in 3D
>>
>>337694854
I hate to break it to you, DOOM never had multiplayer. So i dont know what the fuck you're comparing it to.

>It's not how I imagined, but it kind of reminds me of this other thing that's REALLY FUCKING GOOD, so therefore it is somehow terrible!
>>
Doom is SP only, as the multiplayer is beyond shit.

What's more important to you?

Also, you can buy OV now and doom when it's on sale, the SP is still as awesome then
>>
Overwatch is a $40 team fortress 2 the is very simple. Doom atleast has great SP and Mapeditor while mp is meh. Go with Doom because overwatch is a overhyped meme.
>>
>>337691985
Depends on what you want.
Doom is what you would expect, a fun campaign with some replayability and Overwatch is "just" an online shooter.
I personally have absolutely no interest in playing a shooter online, so for me this decision is very easy.
>>
Should I get Overwatch for the xbone or the ps4?
>>
don't get either on console

overwatch is better but doom is surprisingly good
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.