[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else here sad that Fable will never get to be what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 20
File: Screenshot_2016-05-15-08-13-03.png (3 MB, 1430x1835) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-15-08-13-03.png
3 MB, 1430x1835
Is anyone else here sad that Fable will never get to be what it originally set out to be?

The lads at old Lionhead kept butchering it with every release after the first. Each entry getting more and more casual and more features being cut from the game.

Fable 2. Tbh the story was Shit. Utter Shit. However there was some aspects of gameplay that could've been amazing, if another Dev made the game.

But then Fable 3 fucked all of that up.
>all weapons are legendary uniques
>holding hands with EVERYONE. Why.
>get to be king and it's just a bunch of voiced dialog asking you if you wanna be a good goy or be a dick.
>yes=good, no=evil, Did fucking Pete Hines make this garbage?

I grew up playing fable and because of nostalgia and the idea behind the game, NOT the game itself, it has become one of my favorite games ever.

What devs do you think could turn the trashheap Lionhead left fable in, into a shining example of what could be in a wrpg?

What would you like to see in a new Fable?

What do you think the setting should be?

Unfulfilled potential.
>>
>>337689636
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-12-lionhead-the-inside-story
Interesting read.
>>
Tbh, I strongly believe that CD projekt red could make an amazing modern Fable game.

From playing the Witcher series I can see that the attention to details in the game world is amazing.
>>
File: IMG_20160515_040926.jpg (568 KB, 1277x1277) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160515_040926.jpg
568 KB, 1277x1277
Ah fable 1, first ARPG I ever beat, that final boss the dragon fuck gave me a lot of trouble. Also liked the magic and armor sets, couldn't you kill kids in this game? I remember buying a house and getting a wife
Fable 2 and 3 were handholding casualized shit with easy, boring, repetitive combat. Don't even know why I bothered beating 3.
>>
>>337689636
>The lads at old Lionhead kept butchering it with every release after the first
But fable 2 was better game than first one
Still surprised how everyone loved it until 2010 and hated after
>>
>>337689957
>CD projekt red
>can impregnate all the sexy slav/pol-ish chicks this time
sign me the fuck up
>>
Have a lot of love for the Fable series, deep nostalgia
>>
>>337690304
Fable 2 had more features than the first one. Yes it did have cooler looking magic and better combat than the first.
However,
>no mana pool
>slow as fuck casting time let's you get beat on

Fable 2 did a lot of things right and really only a few things wrong.

I will admit I was hasty in saying it was butchered. However it still could have been something truly great and really taken what was great about the first and improved on it in every way.

Instead we got spell spamming, and Non boss fights, and the same clunky controls and animations.

The town's were great tho. Actually felt alive.
>>
>>337690304
>until 2010
I thought far worse of it on release than I do now. The story, characters, and lore are terrible compared to the first game. I missed running around forests as a newbie at the Heroes Guild while passing villagers would cheer for me.
>>
>>337689759
I can really see the love the old devs had for this game. Still. If you look back on the concepts brought up from the first, don't you think that there was wasted potential with the series?
>>
>>337691547
This famalam.

I miss being a hero
>>
>>337691547
>I thought far worse of it on release than I do now
Because you obviously never played it back then
At best you had only pc and could only cry in your pillow
>>
>>337691547
>The story, characters, and lore are terrible compared to the first game
My sides
You never played fable 2, right?
Reaver alone was better character than original fable cast combined
>>
Why didn't they just continue with the Old Kingdom? I literally hate the pirate era costumes of Fable 2. Fable 1 was near perfect damnit. Fuck fable 3.
>>
File: 1452241835370.jpg (119 KB, 777x656) Image search: [Google]
1452241835370.jpg
119 KB, 777x656
>>337691817
>entire heroes guild burned to the ground
>main antagonist is some normal guy manipulated by Theresa
>last boss is a rock
>only three other heroes are boring hammer lady, boring mage guy, and "I'm a dick so people think I'm epic XD"

The shadowcourt part of Reaver is interesting, the rest is just who cares? He's not important. Nobody in the game is important. Even being the chosen one in Fable was not too notable until the end because heroes were everywhere doing cool shit. The only other heroes in this game are not interesting in the slightest.
>>337691704
>see pic
>>
>>337691817
>Le have sex with everybody man
>Great
go home./d/
>>
Wow, you are bumping your thread only after it reaches 8 page and post count don't go up
How desperate you are? Pathetic
>>337692378
>entire heroes guild burned to the ground
Good
>main antagonist is some normal guy manipulated by Theresa
Good
>last boss is a rock
Bad
>only three other heroes are boring hammer lady, boring mage guy, and "I'm a dick so people think I'm epic XD"
Only hammer was bad
Well, looksl ike your opinion is worthless
>>337692414
>reaver in fable 2
>Le have sex with everybody man
So you never played the game...
>>
File: 1450710748155.gif (545 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1450710748155.gif
545 KB, 500x275
>>337692782
Great counter argument. You should look at the pic of the post you replied to
>>
>>337692782
I did play the game, and there was nothing particularly interesting about Reaver in 2-3.
There's nothing more to him than just constantly being self-serving
>>
>>337689636
>fable 2
>shit story

Why do you think this? Shit final 'boss', I would agree, but the story was captivating and interesting.
>>
Honestly they all have their ups and downs, yes even 3 has its ups.

But with each game they keep cutting off a chunk of it to craft the remainder into something else, and eventually there'll be nothing left to cut off.

I really do miss my slow down time into multi hit into assassin rush build in the first game, loved hitting fuckers 100 times in the blink of a eye.
>>
>>337693034
Because in his opinion story about generic dragon who wants to destroy world is good
>>
>>337693169
Fable 1 also had a fantastic storyline. Jack of Blades is one of my favourite vidya villains.

That said, Fable 2 was also pretty good
>>
>>337693286
>no prequal about the original hero and his fight against the queen, knight, and jack of blades.
>>
File: 1376599568946.png (61 KB, 400x339) Image search: [Google]
1376599568946.png
61 KB, 400x339
For the love of god yes. I remember raving about how good Fable 1 was and how excited I was when fable 3 came out only to be let the fuck down. The moral system in the first game was amazing. You couldn't even get horns in 3. That was the nail in the coffin.

and on top of it all, the fucking weak ass piece of shit game had some sort of silent banwave flag if you played the pirated version on a flashed xbox that got me and a bunch of my friends banned. I blame that game for my cynicism into adulthood.
>>
File: Trash.jpg (20 KB, 234x306) Image search: [Google]
Trash.jpg
20 KB, 234x306
>all those shitty forgetable demon doors in fable 3
Game felt so rushed. Shouldve stuck with 1 game per generation formula instead.
>>
>>337693516
>no prequal about the original hero and his fight against the queen, knight, and jack of blades.

Tell me more, anon! I don't recall much about the queen, knight and jack wombo combo
>>
Each fable was trash in it's own special way. You just had to decide which trash you were most willing to put up with.

Fable 2 was amazing to me
>>
>>337693735
Fable 2 was a fantastic game except for these features
>no death, so you keep jumping back up with an extra 'scar'
>multiplayer was horrendous
>no final boss fight
>no armor stats
>breadcrumb trail leading you to quests
>dog barely did anything
>>
I hated fable 2 when I first played it, but it grew on me. The key is to not think of it as an arpg and think of it more as a waifu maker/real estate game
>>
Fable 2 wasn't hot garbage but it took away parts from the first one that I thought made it lose a lot of the feel of the original

>hero's guild burned down and only like 3 other heroes who weren't even actually heroes, just a butch, a faggot and a nigger
>set in a more modernized time which takes away from the whole writing your own hero of legend; how many stories of great knights and powerful wizards have come from the 18th century

What I liked about the first (and loved about the idea put forth when it was project ego) was that you were just another of multiple heroes competing with others for fame and quests. Beyond that the setting fit the content. It felt more natural to see all these elements in a game set during the time actual legends like that were born.
>>
The thing that really fucks me up about Fable 3 is the limited weapons per account.
>>
>>337693862
I would have been happy with Lucien there if the boss before was better.
Dog had to do nothing so it could die.
Also a better way to heal during early game when you have no money or worthwhile weapons, and better loading times
>>
>>337693626
Basicly the trio pops up from some void, demands to be worshiped, when people refuse they fuck shit up. Eventually a hero pops up, manages to get the sword of aeons, and fucks up the court. This hero is the ancestor to the hero in the games.

Not sure how they'd give the fight between him and the queen justice though, it's supposed to be a fight that lasted weeks and demolished the terrain around it.
>>
>>337694160
Jack was the last survivor of the 3?
>>
File: 45999999.jpg (26 KB, 446x336) Image search: [Google]
45999999.jpg
26 KB, 446x336
>>337694025
Fucking this so much
>>
>>337689759
>It was in this context that a pitch for a Fable 4 game was rejected. John McCormack was the chief architect of the pitch. He wanted to switch to Unreal Engine 4 and move the series into the technological, industrial age, with tram cars and flying machines. "We wanted to hit the late Victorian proper far out Jules Verne shit," McCormack says.
>In the first Fable, Bowerstone was a small town. In Fable 2 it was a big town. In Fable 3 it was a city. In McCormack's Fable 4, Bowerstone was London, vast and dense. Jack the Ripper would run the streets, a Balverine in disguise.
>And that was going to be Fable 4, and it would be darker and grittier. And because it was R-rated it would have the prostitutes and the humour. I was like, man, this is going to be fucking brilliant, and everybody was really into it."
>Well, not everyone. The pitch was rejected because Lionhead had to switch to making games as a service.

Fuck Microsoft for doing this. Sounded like Fable 4 could have been a really good game but no, those fuckers wanted the MOBA/MMO/TF2 audience instead of good single player games.
>>
I wish other developed incorporated more life-sim elements into their games like Lionhead did with Fable. They didn't do that great of a job with it mind you, it was basically a mediocre life sim combined with a mediocre action-adventure game, but that fusion was basically what made it stand out and what people liked about it.
>>
>>337694160
And William Black (I think that's how the ancestor is called) is extremely hinted at that he is Scythe
>>
I've never played any of the Fable games. Does the first one still hold up today?
>>
>>337694276
yeah, which is why jack is so set on getting the sword in the first game since it was the thing take wrecked his shit in the first place.
>>
>>337694467
Yep. It's timeless because it has a nice artstyle and the mechanics are tight.

I think there was also a remaster but not sure if it's good or not.
>>
>>337694297
It sounds like a nice setting, but honestly the only reason I really played Fable was for the sense of humour, but given how much was cut from Fable 2 to 3, 2 different types of melee, two types of ranged I'm not convinced on it.
>>
>>337694703
>only played it for the humour

I don't get it. Was I the only one that found the storyline in Fable 1 and 2 kind of emotional
>>
>>337694467
Recently started streaming The Lost Chapters, never played a fable game before. It's fantastic and I totally recommend it. If the first hour or so doesn't convince you, keep playing. It gets better.
>>
>>337694797
Still playing through Anniversary of Fable 1. Fable 2 had moments like the older sister snuffing it, and even though I didn't care about my family getting murdered because I accidentally married her whilst trying to cossack to farm renown I imagine people who put effort into that would have cared
>>
>>337695040
>first playthrough of 2
>put family in Serenity Farm
>wish for them back at end
>they don't come back
>can't use Serenity Farm anymore

That left a bitter taste in my mouth.
>>
File: CW_Crooked_Man_Scared.png (899 KB, 694x898) Image search: [Google]
CW_Crooked_Man_Scared.png
899 KB, 694x898
/v/ post yfw maze betrays you
>>
I actually liked fable 3. But it seems like I'm in the minority.

That said I never fucking listen to molyneux and media hype surrounding games so i never build any expectations.

ESPECIALLY after fable 2
>>
>>337694467
Yes, theres a lot of neat stuff you can do in the game that you dont see in any other games. Should probably play on a good PC tho, i remember a lot of slow fps moments and loading screens playing on the 360. It was all acceptable at the time because of how dense the game was on limited hardware. I imagine people used to todays games would throw a bitchfit and call it unplayable.

Then again, the fps drops in Bloodborne never bothered me either
>>
File: 1401235370116.png (20 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
1401235370116.png
20 KB, 235x235
>>337690510
Why, god, can't this be a real thing?
>>
>>337695357
It was disappointing after the others, but it did have some good parts, dual-casting was nice, some of the sidequests were a good laugh, and I liked the gnomes, especially as they got Mark Heap in to play Brian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWVKPoAFTDE
>>
File: 1368313919585.gif (492 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1368313919585.gif
492 KB, 460x345
>>337695338
>>
File: 1450414884777.png (142 KB, 300x308) Image search: [Google]
1450414884777.png
142 KB, 300x308
>>337695338
>Spends whole life running from death
>"only an idiot would oppose Jack"
>Dies immediately to the hero he raised

Great Plan Maze.
>>
>>337695357
If Fable 2 never happened and Fable 3 is what Lionhead released after the original it would have been much better received. Fable 2 took as many steps back as it did forward, probably more, and while Fable 3 improved on that, it wasn't enough to be more than Fable 2.5

but regardless, the biggest sin of Fable 2 and 3 is that the engine they use streamlined combat to the point that every weapon and every offensive spell felt pretty much interchangeable, and nearly every non offensive spell other than time stop was removed
>>
File: 1461645979537.jpg (14 KB, 444x332) Image search: [Google]
1461645979537.jpg
14 KB, 444x332
>There will never be a Fable 4
>There will never be a PC port of Fable II
>>
>>337696013
Eh, he only formed alliances out of necessity. He truly did hope the boy could defeat Jack because it meant Maze could live, but he started to doubt it was possible. So he sold out his pupil and the guild because he feared Jack was unstoppable.
>>
>>337696147
Xbox360 emulator
>>
>>337695040
It's so incredibly easy to marry someone in Fable 2 and they're just static NPCs that really don't act any differently than any other NPCs so you have no connection to them. Same goes for children, they're just random NPCs that you have no reason to care for apart from the game telling you they're your children.

The dog you have a connection with because it helps you and has been your buddy throughout the game/your whole life.

The only reason I can see picking the family option is for the dog and your sister, I guess.

But the "good" option is SO good (you're a goddamn fucking hero, ONLY people dead are your family) and the evil option is so retarded (I have all this money and nowhere to spend it cause everyone's dead) that I can't understand why ANYONE would take the evil option.
>>
>>337696396
What was the good option again? I haven't played Fable 2 in like 3 years
>>
>>337696223
>because it meant Maze could live
That's all well and good. My issue is that after turning traitor he was immediately assigned to engage the hero of Oakvale in open combat. He joined Jack to avoid death and was immediately sent on a suicide mission instead of running like a pansy when he got his job done.
>>
>>337696396
I disagree with the children part, the quest where they get kindapped by Hobbes because they wanted to be like you was good and made you care for them (was that F2 or F3 though?)

>evil option
Get farifax castle quicker if you want to grind trophies I guess

Good option
>trophies again I guess
>>
>>337696526
Good option is revive everybody who died building the tower which is a sizable chunk as seemingly everybody had a relative or friend that died building it
>>
>Whisper calls me farmboy all the time
>Expects me to not murder the fuck out of her
>>
>>337696679
>assigned to engage in open combat

I don't recall this happening. Jack traps the hero in a force field, but the heroes sister frees him. Maze had no choice but to face him. Maze also think the boy isn't stronger than he. That's why he comes to the realization that the hero may have what it takes upon his death bed.

You're right, though. They should've had Maze run away when he was close to death.
>>
I don't get it though.

Saving everyone in Fable 2 that died during the construction of the Spire should technically also revive your family. Your family got killed by the guy who reconstructed the Spire, after all.
>>
>>337689636
Don't weep for Fable. What Fable hyped to be and failed to deliver weren't wholely unique to adventure games.

Something will come along if it hasn't already.
>>
>>337689759
This is pretty depressing read. I loved Fable: TLC and 2 back in the day, but all my faith in Lionhead went away when 3 was so shitty.
Fuck man. But Molyneux was delusional in the first place, he wanted to completely strip all the RPG elements out and only added Road to Rule when he realized the RPG bits are what fans wanted.
>>
File: Fable 2009-10-15 11-21-24-29.jpg (94 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Fable 2009-10-15 11-21-24-29.jpg
94 KB, 1440x900
I don't feel sad mate, a little disappointed the quality took a hit with each sequel but that's just how it goes.

It failing to achieve what they set out to accomplish doesn't make the time I spent with it any less enjoyable in retrospect. I'm thinking of reinstalling TLC actually. Still have the discs around here somewhere.
>>
>>337694797

1 was too rushed to have emotion

"Hey look its your sister you thought was dead"
And then she fucks off

"Hey look your mum is alive"
Oh wait, she's dead now

"Kill your sister you barely know or don't"
>>
File: 1461298732472.jpg (83 KB, 478x712) Image search: [Google]
1461298732472.jpg
83 KB, 478x712
what do you guys like about fable?
>>
File: anonimoose.jpg (7 KB, 180x200) Image search: [Google]
anonimoose.jpg
7 KB, 180x200
>play evil character
>do that quest with hot mayor chick
>agree to get rid of the evidence which prove she killed her sister so she would marry me so we would be an evil power couple
>fight the thunder nigger
>in the marriage she's a cunt because I'm evil
>even though she's a fucking murderer
>beat her ass and she devorces me
>can't killer her because no weapons in bowerstone
>>
>>337696838
>no choice
The dude teleports like a motherfucker. My only assumption was that Jack would kill him if he ran off but I still think it's silly that his whole story was running from death, and his big betrayal was him charging the hero and dying.

It does make sense though. His only hope (in his mind) was staying on Jack's good side. I just think things went poorly for him.
>>
>>337696915
It was the people who built the spire right? Not that it makes much more sense but I recall that being the arbitrary rule.
>>
>>337697240
Fable 2 was my first RPG and it gives me massive nostalgia, I probably have over 10000 hours put into it, and I still have my beat up copy from 2010. Fable TLC was incredibly charming and gave me a nostalgic type feeling even on the first playthrough. I love the world, the lore, the art, the humor. Fable 3 was pretty bad though, I finished it then just kind of only played it for like an hour every year or so. Really goes to show that having a voiced protagonist can really ruin an RPG series.
>>
File: mfw problematic.png (34 KB, 182x220) Image search: [Google]
mfw problematic.png
34 KB, 182x220
>mfw you can get the deed to the brothel and fuck all the whores for free on top of collecting pay from them
>>
File: 1445807712668.gif (2 MB, 479x349) Image search: [Google]
1445807712668.gif
2 MB, 479x349
>>337689636
>Fable 2. Tbh the story was Shit. Utter Shit.
I don't completely disagree, but I felt like it did callbacks to Fable 1 really, really well.

Then in Fable 3 you find out what Theresa was doing it all for and it just felt like a huge asspull, even if it wasn't.
>>
File: Dickass wizard.webm (2 MB, 720x450) Image search: [Google]
Dickass wizard.webm
2 MB, 720x450
>>337697703
There was a charm to the immaturity of the first one.

>>337697556
This, it was specifically those forced to build the spire, not just everyone who died in the pursuit of its construction.
>>
>>337697732
Fable 3's story was awful, and the 180 they tried to pull with Loghain is the worst.
Maybe if you warned everybody about the invasion coming people would care more and actually help fund the army to repel them.
Like if you check the donation figures for veteran charities during peacetime and wartime there's a definite spike in funds given
>>
>>337694297
The age progression is half of what killed Fable. I'm glad we never got steampunk Reaver circlejerk to hammer the nail in the coffin of the series.
>>
>no episodic Fable spinoff
>play as William Black, the first hero, as he masters the power and will and overthrows the Court
>play as Nostro, the founder of the Heroes Guild
>encounter all those side characters revealed in the in-game books/legendary weapon stories
>Possibly play as Scarlet Robe/Young Maze in two further spin offs
>Answer some of the unsolved questions, like how did William/Scythe's bloodline end up on Knotholde when all the Archon's apparently died when they built the Spire? How did Jack get hold of a dragon? How did Jack get control of the Summoners when they were created by someone else?

With some tender love and a decent writing team, an old kingdom spin off would have been amazing.
>>
>>337697420
Wasn't everyone in bowerstone invincible within the city or some bull shit? I remembering owning every building in the game except the majority of the shit there because I couldn't kill those fuckers, even maxed strength beat on them for minutes strength
>>
>>337697684
>10000 hours

This has to be hyperbole
>>
>>337689636
They didn't get more and more casual. Fable 1 was the most casual rpg I've ever played. The games were designed to be casual rpgs for a more general audience.

Do people think Fable 1 was advance or complicated?
>>
Fable 2 was only a letdown the lore parts, I would have liked more shit about the old kingdom.
The RPG part is partly simplified but is still an RPG.
The only good thing to come out of Fable 3 was Elise, dammit
>>
>>337700536
>Not Max and Sam's ghosts
>Not that RPG sidequest
>>
>>337700252
You cannot kill anyone in Bowerstone because you are considered to have no weapons by the game and thus why bother killing people? It also probably had the potential to break the game too
>>
>>337700648
I had to resort to having people follow me out of the city and butchering them there though even then only a few houses would go up for sale
>>
>>337691956

Fucking this, i love the "middle age" design of the first game. I didn't care for the series "progressing in time"
>>
>>337700461
Fable 1/TLC for me is like Oblivion.

It's broken, easy and very stupid, but the characters and quests are so memorable and charming it never feels like a chore when you replay it. They are both games I will gorge on at least once a year, and I never tire of it.
>>
>>337700252
I remember using the old assassin rush glitch in the original release to buy up every home in the game but even with that I still couldn't buy half of south bowerstone.
>>
>>337701143
What assassin rush glitch?
>>
>>337700252
>punch a guard
>get some distance between you and the guard
>stand in front of a villager
>guard shoots villager with crossbow
>house becomes available
I got Lady Grey killed like this.
>>
>>337694467
If you liked Obsidian games, the story is really disappointing. Maybe that's because I played as a good guy, but everyone's forgettable in it. The main bad guy is a saturday morning cartoon villain. Combat starts cool, but then you understand you just can't parry against some creatures, which makes melee combat vastly inferior (one hit = stunned), so you just switch to arrow/magic and do the fire punch thing everytime for everyone until the end of the game

However there are some cool costumes and treasures to find
>>
File: 1408308779109.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1408308779109.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>337689759

>Lionhead had an all-staff email, as most companies do. If you sent an email to all-staff, it would go to all the staff. Useful for inter-studio communication. But in the wrong, absent-minded hands, a button-press away from self-destruction.

>Developers remember the time a tester copied and pasted a porn link to all-staff by mistake.

>"It was the funniest thing I've ever experienced during my time at Lionhead," Charlton Edwards, who worked at Lionhead for 14 years, says.
>>
>>337700619
Yeah, forgot the British humour part.
Fucking gnomes and gargoyles
Can someone post some Elise pics?
>>
The game Fable 'could have been' only ever existed in Molyneux's lies.
>>
3 is the best Fable.
>>
>>337701886
>Like being able to use physical weapons other than swords and hammers
Too bad
>Like being able to use other ranged weapons except pistols and rifles?
Too bad
>Like being able to see your health bar?
Too bad
>>
>>337701886
TLC > 1 > 2 = 3 > Heroes > Journey
I never got why people like Fable 2 yet find 3 abhorrent. They play exactly the same.

Maybe I'm treating Fable 2 a little to harshly. I did after play Fable TLC a lot so when a sequel came about I was hyped. Didn't mind the change of setting, male/female hero or the art style they were going for. I certainly didn't mind the new corrupt/pious meter alongside the evil/good one, because it added even more customization. It's the fact that Fable 2 plays so differently to the first one. I could never get into it because of this.
>>
>>337701343
That's genius
>>
>>337702130
All of your gold forms a big pile though.

And the combat in Fable is always crap anyway.
>>
>>337701331
In the original xbox release, if you rapidly used a zone changing gate (foot paths, not the culis gates) then it would cause the world to freeze and by extension prevent any NPCs from spawning. Which made nearly every property be labeled vacant and available for purchase. I used the assassin rush skill to do that between barrow fields and the grey manor.

Another method existed in the xbox version of TLC but the same princible was the same; use a transition too quickly.
>>
>>337691817
better than scythe? fuck off
>>
>>337691817
Reaver was a faggot and so are you
>>
>>337689759
interesting read.
>>
>>337689636
I want to play that game for the first time, what's the best version?
>>
>>337705259
TLC on PC.
>>
>>337705259
I can't speak from experience but what I've seen of Anniversary isn't good. Bloated specs and cases of instability are two examples. I'd recommend The Lost Chapters but that may be nostalgia speaking, so I guess the better option would be to look into those two for yourself and see if you come to a decision.
>>
>>337705806
Anniversary has some very nice lighting, and some of the new world textures are nice. The faces are fucking awful though. Instead of just giving the old ones new textures, they've remodeled them all and given them Fallout 4 tier lip syncing.

The new outfits are not really worth either. I guess if you like the Fable 2/3 menu this maybe a little easier to get into, but normal TLC is far superior.
>>
>>337705259
TLC on PC as I doubt you're gonna find an Xbox with a physical copy.
No controller support sadly.
The anniversary version on 360 has framerate dips and a shittier menu
>>
>>337706110
>The faces are fucking awful though

That was my first thought when I had first seen some of the screenshots.
>>
I will always be sad about Fable, OP. The whole Peter Molyneux Project Ego shitfest was the first (and really the last) time I got swept up in a gaming hype machine. And the first game was actually quite good -- you can positively feel what it could have been everywhere you go, so many great ideas that in the end received meager implementation. Why couldn't they just get it right? Black and White was nothing like what was promised, but it at least delivered on enough of the promises to be a great game. Why did Lionhead completely fuck things up after that? I will never fully come to terms with it...
>>
>>337705732
>>337705806
>>337706146
Ok, how about bugs in TLC?
>>
>>337689636
Only played the lost chapters and loved it, it felt like an actual fairy tail, the visuals, the music it was great
>>
>>337708056
That feel is lost in the sequels
>>
>>337702893
Scythe meeting your sister was best his moment
And it was in the fable 2
>>
You still can't buy fable 3 for pc. They ran out of keys and won't make anymore.
>>
File: fable_cells.jpg (21 KB, 384x276) Image search: [Google]
fable_cells.jpg
21 KB, 384x276
>>337694297
But that sounds fucking awful. If you want some steampunk shit make a different series, Fable was supposed to be medieval.

The Spire was one of the most alien and out of place settings in the entire series and it ruined it for me, unlike the "alien" feeling in say, Morrowind.
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.