[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know /v/ doesn't like Uncharted or The Last of Us, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
File: vs.jpg (38 KB, 477x237) Image search: [Google]
vs.jpg
38 KB, 477x237
I know /v/ doesn't like Uncharted or The Last of Us, but which one out of the two do you prefer, and why?
>>
I loved The Last of Us.

Didn't play Uncharted much though, tried it at a friend's when he got a PS4 and the collection. Seemed average of average and had shit sensitivity settings.
>>
TLOU. There's nothing compelling about Not-Indiana Jones. I get it's a meme to pretend zombies suck!!! XD, but zombies are more interesting. There's nothing less interesting than DUDE I'm Laura Croft with a cock and no TnA!!!!
>>
I loved both of them.

Fite me
>>
File: 1433710556874.png (19 KB, 291x317) Image search: [Google]
1433710556874.png
19 KB, 291x317
2 > 4 > TLoU > 3 > 1
>>
>>337688778
Fuck what the /v/ hivemind circlejerk says. I'm a huge fan of both but Uncharted is my favorite. Uncharted 4 might be the most fun I've ever had with a game.
>>
I disliked Uncharted 1 & 2 so much I never bothered to play any more Uncharted games or The Last of Us so I guess it's Uncharted by default.
>>
TLOU. I hated how pitiful Uncharted's guns felt in the first three. I admittedly have not played the newest. I also hated how wacky all the animations felt and in a game full of parkour, it has plenty of invisible walls to stop you from jumping or climbing anywhere it doesn't want you to.
>>
>>337689968
This

Except it should be >>>>> TLOU > 3 > 1
>>
They're all moviegames but TLOU has more gameplay.
>>
They both have just enough gameplay to be called a game, uncharted is fun to just turn off you brain and enjoy a fun story, plus hip firing is fucking awesome in uncharted
>>
File: 1452035958400.gif (384 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1452035958400.gif
384 KB, 350x263
>>337689968
I can agree with this.
>>
>>337688778
Last of Us > The Uncharted Series
>>
>>337688778
I actually dislike TLoU and really like Uncharted 4.

Reason being that Uncharted doesn't take itself so seriously and is actually way more fun to play because of the faster pace.
>>
>>337689968
objectively correct
>>
Back to Neogaf, cocksucker.
>>
File: 1460813549151.png (7 KB, 217x168) Image search: [Google]
1460813549151.png
7 KB, 217x168
>>337689968
This.
>>
>>337688778
neither. both fucking suck
>>
Uncharted has chest high wall shooting sequences.

TLOU has chest high wall shooting sequences, nonregenerating health, crafting, and stealth gameplay that isn't just one little segment of the story.
>>
>>337688778
TLoU has better mp
>>
>>337688778
I prefer The Last of Us because it doesn't have regenerating health and I like the idea of ammo scarcity and other mechanics they have in the game.

I like the shooting in Uncharted 4, but I kinda wish Naughty Dog had made The Last of Us 2 instead, preferably with different characters.
>>
Uncharted 4>TLOU>2>3>1

And this list is the only and true list.
>>
>>337688778
The Last of Us

I get that Uncharted is suppose to be a dumb Indiana Jones knock off but for some reason I can't stand how Drake keeps getting away with being one of the worst pieces of shit in video games.
The ending of Uncharted 4 made me so mad because A fuckhead like Drake getting to walk away from putting everyone who cares about him at risk over and over again with the treasure and a happy family is like reading someone's self insert fan fiction

The Last of Us however tells a story about a man who loses a daughter, finds a replacement and makes an incredibly selfish choice
Joel is an asshole and the game never pretends he isn't and that's the key difference.
>>
>>337692523
pretty much
>>
>>337692624
>I can't stand how Drake keeps getting away with being one of the worst pieces of shit in video games.
Thats like the worst reason to hate on a game like ever.
>>
>>337692523
gameplay mechanics in U4 are way more babby than TLOU though.
>>
I hated The Last of Us.
>>
>>337688778
TLOU is one game plus some comic book, while Uncharted is a franchise
>>
>>337692732
It's still a valid reason. If your game is so incredibly centered around one character, whether or not you like that character is going to stick out to you while you're trying to play.
>>
>>337692624
>I can't stand how Drake keeps getting away with being one of the worst pieces of shit in video games.
Joel makes a lot more sense being a sociopathic killing machine
>>
>>337688778
Uncharted, because TLoU have contrived as hell stupid generic story that takes itself seriously
>>
TLOU, uncharted is boring as fuck and nate is an asshole.
>>
File: TLOU.jpg (202 KB, 1728x1152) Image search: [Google]
TLOU.jpg
202 KB, 1728x1152
>>337688778
I like TLOU more, but I still like the Uncharted series

even though it was more of a babys first survival game for console fags, the story was amazing, I loved the soundtrack, and I really liked what they did. I haven't played the newest uncharted and it seems like theyre trying to make it more serious, but I agree with >>337690174
>>337691132
>>337691903
>>337692624
Uncharted is a little more silly and action oriented. In the last of us you cant go kicking ass guns blazing and come out on top ever time. Im still waiting to play the newest uncharted though
>>
>>337694047
guns feel better in 4, I beat the game on hard and you can kill everything before chapter 20 with pistols easily
>>
the fourth one felt more of a movie like uncharted. there's more jumping and puzzles than fighting compared to 2 and 3.

2 was the best.
>>
>>337694047
I want to sniff Ashley's feet.
>>
>>337694229
I liked 4 better but damn the combat in 4 was scarce compared to 2 and 3.
>>
>>337694340
>>337694340
yeah, that's what really miffed me. so it felt that the balance was off. 3 had wayyyyy too much fight scenes, but 4 had wayyyy too much platforming.
>>
It is just two generic as fuck stories, but the only reason why i prefer TLOU is because of the ending being a grey one

I'm glad TLOU never went for the "sacrifice Ellie for humanity" or have Joel getting killed to show how mounstrous humanity is

The characters in TLOU felt really human and that's why iprefer it over the Indiana Jones shit
>>
>>337688778
TLOU

Uncharted series is shit.
>>
>>337694426
yeah that's pretty weird about 4. I like the more prominent exploration aspect, but combat actually feels out of place
>>
>>337688778
uc2 started the template and put them on the map as goat sony dev, and shows overall execution better than individual elements

tlou is probably their best work as it tones down what they're not good at, while also less bombastic which has gotten more negative associations with blockbuster-hollywood action sequences
>>
Did anyone guess the twist in Uncharted 4 before it happened?

It legitimantly took me by surprise the first time, but on my Crushing playthrough I realised its actually telegraphed multiple times.
>>
>>337692624
>it's okay when spielberg does it
>>
>>337695107
spielberg is shit
>>
>>337692624
99% of game protagonists deserve death
owww the edge
>>
>>337695083
I was somewhat disappointed in the story. If they're killing the series I would've preferred a definitive end. I really wanted Drake to die at the end, or for SOMEONE to die.
>>
>>337695229
The series is way to lighthearted for that.
And there's no point in having Sully or Sam die because we've seen them die once before.
>>
>>337695229
>definitive end
they're just handing the ip back to sony who will surely kill it
>>
>>337695229
I was so ready for him to die, I really was. The final level title's A Thief's End, it's the really creepy cave, Rafe recaps all of Drake's adventures during the fight, it was so perfectly set up. I feel like the original intention was for him to die, but at some point, they flipped it around and it had it be everyone rides off into the sunset happily.
>>
>>337695083
The one with Sam?

You can call bullshit, but I kinda did actually.
It hit me sometime after Scotland that the Alcazar story was made up but I thought it was because Sam got out of prison because of another reason and he just wanted to catch up on lost time with his brother and fed Nate the bullshit story to give him a reason to go on an adventure with him.
>>
>>337695649
>lose fight
>turn off game
>>
I'll start by saying that, unlike most people here, I actually like both.
At first I thought I liked TLOU more. The gameplay was more interesting and the story was more serious. After replaying Uncharted 2 and TLOU, though, I realized I liked Uncharted more. TLOU has a lot of dead moments where nothing happens, and Uncharted's characters are honestly more charming.

I'd agree with >>337689968 , though I think 4 might be better than 2. Still have to think about it.
>>
File: fat fuck drinking.png (340 KB, 501x427) Image search: [Google]
fat fuck drinking.png
340 KB, 501x427
>Uncharted and The Last of Us thread being seriously discussed
Has hell frozen?

I'd say The Last of Us, all my reasons have already been explained by others in this thread except for Ellie is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>337695649
>A Thief's End
Nathan ends his life as a thief
>>
>>337688778
The Last of Us, no doubt. Its combat is really underrated. On the other hand the time between combat is longer than the Uncharted games. The game is total bullshit on Grounded mode, too.
>>
>>337695649
Honestly I'm happier they didn't kill off anyone. At this point somebody dying would've felt like unnecessary drama. They already got away with it thrice, no point in killing them off now.
>>
>>337696868
*Btw I haven't played U4 yet. I also thought Uncharted 1&3 were both pretty shit. That comparison is mainly between TLOU and U2.

>>337696704
Hell froze over specifically in 2013, when it became okay to discuss COD and Halo on this shithole.
>>
>>337695649
There were some major changes made to the script after Amy Hennig left Naughty Dog. In the original reveal trailer Sam came across as the main antagonist and was pissed that Nate left him behind at the prison for 15 years.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 1072x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 1072x749
Sonic >>>> Cinematic experiences
>>
>>337696704
Is that you?
>>
>>337696787
this, the life of monotony is worse than going out in a blaze of glory for drake; by the end they found a middleground
>>
They're both movies but TLoU was a pretty good movie. I'm not interested in this Indiana Jones meets Daniel Craig Bond thing Uncharted offers.
>>
Joel > Nathan
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.