[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The gameplay is pretty good. What are the complaints?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: HNV2.jpg (69 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
HNV2.jpg
69 KB, 600x395
The gameplay is pretty good. What are the complaints?
>>
File: 50249612_p0.jpg (655 KB, 1260x1488) Image search: [Google]
50249612_p0.jpg
655 KB, 1260x1488
>>337686598
"Could be better"
>>
>>337686598
Not on pc yet.
>>
It's a Compile Heart game, therefore it's shit
>>
>>337687043
The autistic fanbase
>>
>>337686993
It could be a lot better to be fair. It feels like the game is missing the final couple months of polishing and balancing. There's so many bizarre choices that make no sense. The complete lack of Evonium until the very end of the game (whereupon the entire weapon upgrading system becomes pointless) is a great example.
>>
>>337687191
Yeah that's a complain I see often, not enough balancing and polishing, to be fair though, it does seem to be the best game so far and with a lot of improvements
>>
>>337687385
Yeah but that wasn't a very high bar, was it? It's a functional experience, and I thought it was fun, but there's tons of "what the hell were they thinking" moments.

Basic shit too. Like formation skills being completely shit after a point.
>>
>>337687385
Every damn game we hear that it's the best so far. I still remember nepfags saying that while the first game is shit, mk2 was a genuinely good game - only to say years later it's not good, and that VII is genuinely good.

It's meaningless if the series is still shit. Which is to be expected, it's Idea Factory and Compile Heart.
>>
>>337688018
>Every damn game we hear that it's the best so far
Gee anon, new games in a series get better and better, this concept is completly unheard of, I know
>>
File: 1352222869266.gif (836 KB, 300x212) Image search: [Google]
1352222869266.gif
836 KB, 300x212
>>337686598
>pantsu quest #XVIIVXVIXVII
>good gameplay
>>
>>337688625
Well then, how about you go in detail what's bad about it?
>>
>>337686598
The game sucks? Dragging out dialogue in the most annoying ways possible. The endless running back and forth through dungeons with minor changes. Dragging out "gameplay" by only giving you two or three characters, forcing you to buy the DLC characters if you don't want to waste time.

It's not fun, and it's barely entertaining.
>>
>>337688547
One thing is saying a game is getting better, the other is saying "don't play this game it's shit, play the new one it's perfect", only to wait a year and say "that one is shit, play the new one it's perfect".
>>
>>337689570
Who says that? The closest thing I see is
>"Compile Heart is shit don't play anything from them"
>>
>>337688547
Forgive him, in the west, that concept has long been forgotten. When a western dev makes a sequel, it is normally worse than the preceeding game, and as a game gets more sequel, it proceeds to get worse and worse until it is a parody of what it once was.

Jap devs, even smaller ones like CH are better than 99% of western devs because of this fact. They actually improve their games with each sequel, rather than just rehashing them or making them worse.

It is wrong to expect too much from Western games though, I shouldn't be so harsh.
>>
>>337686598
Not enough, I want more!!!
>>
>>337686598
Don't like the second chapter, you get this really interesting gameplay with team skill rendered usuless since you play with two or three character at best most of the time.

Some new map were really pretty but other were an half-assed scandal. I'm not talking about the commun rehash.

Now I'm doing my bitch there, I still think it was a good and entertaining game, the cast and new characters brought were nice, if there's flaw, there's also new idea and concept Compile heart is trying to add the series, showing that they genuinly try to improve it.
>>
>>337687191
This. That said the items you buy in the store is more than enough to beat the game. I'm guessing evolium is for the colsseum fights
>>
>>337694172
No because after you do the last guild quest, you can just buy the best weapons for most characters from the store.

The weapon upgrade system does fuck all. It would've been useful throughout the game, but CH forgot to put more than one piece of Evonium before quite literally the end of the game so you can never craft the level 2 power bracelet, which is the only way to get more Evonium.

And that's not even the worst crafting fuck up, have you seen the obscene grinding requirements on the CPU parts? You have to upgrade them all in order and each set takes like 25 of some random rare monster drop, and the end result is basically the same as the PR gift sets. It's absolute nonsense.
>>
>>337694579
i never bothered since i just beat the game and went into NG+ for the true ending. I never bother with hunts or the Colosseum or side quests that have to deal with hunts.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.