[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why in the fuck is this game so impossible? I'm stuck at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg (527 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg
527 KB, 1920x1080
why in the fuck is this game so impossible?
I'm stuck at the part where you have to run around like 50 zombies and try to snipe a couple that are inside like a basket that shoots spears
REEEEEEEE

>inb4 git gud
>>
get
gear
>>
>Ghost as many as possible
>stay away from baskets until only enemies left
>snipe them
>kill chainsaw guy
>relish this battle as it is one of the cooler sequences in the game
>>
>>337686517
there's a tough boss right after that part
>>
I had such high hopes for this game. First few chapters were so fucking good.

> Stealthy stabby time
> Spooky villages
> GimmedatRE4

But by the last few chapters the whole fucking game turned into an instant-death machine

> Dispatch a group of enemies without using much ammo
> Explore
> Find more ammo in crates
> Feelsgood
> Get OHKO'd by a fucking trap that you couldn't see because everything is so damn dark
> Respawn, rage through enemies, take damage, waste ammo
> Find those crates again
> Now they're empty
> Fuck

If it ever goes on a decent sale I might pick it up for PC and try it again. Grabbed it on the PS4 at launch and wound up returning it.
>>
I got up to the boss fight in the parking garage, but I didn't have enough ammo to beat it and eventually gave up
How close was I to the end of the game?
>>
Chapter 6 is the hardest chapter on akumu (although I found other chapters more difficult on lower difficulties.

The enemies infinitely respawn so just run to the objectives and only kill those in your way. If I did it on akumu you can do it on whatever difficulty you're on

>>337687467
>refuse to learn mechanics and try to brute force it
>get your ass handed to you
>rage quit
classic
>>
>>337687917
Eh, I really enjoyed the game when the challenge came from the combat, crowd handling etc.

I'll admit I was definitely expecting more RE4 mechanics, and when so much of the gameplay and difficulty late game was based around instant-death scenarios and QTE's, I lost interest.
>>
>>337686517

I had such high hopes for this game.

And the only thing I enjoyed was the part where you team up with your partner for a couple sections.
>>
>>337687598

Probably 2/3 or so.
>>
On my first playthrough, I had to stop at the section where you have to shoot down bodies for the fish monster in order to continue.

I have upgrades up the wazoo, but not enough bullets to do anything with them.
>>
>FoV mod
>get blinded by your own lantern

Worth it though as the game is much more immersive when you can actually see the shit going on around you. Plus I suppose it makes the game easier.
>>
Is this game worth getting? I followed it when it was announced but I'm not sure if it's worth playing.
>>
>>337691636

Do you like RE4? Do you want a 2spooky version with a confusing plot? Can you do headshots?

If the answer to these questions is yes, the game is for you.
>>
Game is pretty hard.

The first half by design but I think they fucked the later portion. You can't just turn a game into a shooter and keep you at 1 hit dead health and no bullets.
>>
How´s the DLC?
>>
>>337692517
First two are stealth/horror as Kidman. Answers questions, creates more. Third is like a gimpy first person MadWorld.
>>
File: 1.png (913 KB, 1599x927) Image search: [Google]
1.png
913 KB, 1599x927
>>337692825
but are they any good?
>>
>>337693301
Yeah, I liked them. Kidman's story pisses me off and The Keeper's DLC is pretty damn budget. Neither are bad though.

Some people preferred Kidman's DLC to the main game, which I don't get.
>>
>>337693870
thank you
>>
>>337692825
If you value plot and stealth based gameplay, the first two are good.

If value arcade-style gorefests, then the third DLC is good.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.