[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with screen tearing /v/? I've got a HDTV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: fuckthishit.jpg (12 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
fuckthishit.jpg
12 KB, 298x169
How do you deal with screen tearing /v/?
I've got a HDTV with a refresh oh 59.94Hz and when I lock my games at 59 or 60 fps I get alot of screentearing, the only solution that I've got are:
having 120 fps (reduces the screen tear and it's alot better, but sometimes it's hard to get always 120 fps)
enable V.Sync (but with a sort of input lag)
I don't know what to do
>>
i just use vsync via graphics card
>>
>>337686393
what about the input lag?
>>
Lock framerate at 62. Most newer titles don't suffer of screen tearing if you go above refresh rate with framerate.

Or get a gsync/freesync monitor and stop playing on a TV like some disgusting plebeian with 300ms input lag due to postprocessing.
>>
>>337686264
it isnt the frame rate its the refresh rate that causes tearing m8.
>>
Vsync + triple buffering, It gets rid of input lag caused by Vsync.
>>
>>337686568
Triple buffer, nigga what is it?
>>
>>337686571
not all TVs are shit. I've never noticed serious input lag on my Toshiba TV in PC mode, but then again I'm not a professional gamer.
>>
>>337686659
so should I get a monitor, but with wich refresh?
>>
enable vsync and lock 1-2 fps above or under 60

that is the only way to have no screentearing and no input lag

although I don't know if that works since its a TV...

>>337686851
60 of course, the only other options are those 144hz and 120hz monitors that you will never need (for now)

what you should think about is if you either get an TN, VA or IPS panel
>>
>>337686684
Not all of it unfortunately.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.