[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a thread about the game Overwatch wishes it was.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: gnt_banner.jpg (65 KB, 510x220) Image search: [Google]
gnt_banner.jpg
65 KB, 510x220
Let's have a thread about the game Overwatch wishes it was.

Or rather, why does this game feel so much more like CS, Wolf ET or RTCW and why was Brink such a misstep?
>>
>>337685864
did you enjoy Overwatch beta, senpai?
>>
is this the one that gives you loadouts through a slot machine?
>>
>>337685978
Didn't get into it, haven't palyed a Blactivision game since WoL.
>>
>>337686112
Then fuck off
>>
>>337685864
>UE3 in 2015
>runs like shit
>no party matchmaking for non-ranked servers
>no customization
>no offline LAN lobby even though it's just a F2P game that nobody would pirate
>no custom servers for trying out stuff
>worse RNG loadouts than fucking Battlefield 4

I know you can craft the bronze ones and that there are only roughly 7 loadout types per character but it's absolutely garbage system that shouldn't have been there in the first place. I would have never expected to praise COD loadout system in my life.
>>
>>337685864
No game wishes that it were BRINK 2.
>>
>>337686075

You can also pay real money for them so it's fair ;^)
>>
>>337685864
>and why was Brink such a misstep?
They tried to do what Blizz is now doing with Overwatch. A wacky cartoony fast paced fps for the masses.

And after playing Overwatch beta holy shit the production quality between it and DB is massive. I really like DB for what it is and what it's trying to do but OW is so high quality overall compared to it.

I think OW beta might've ruined DB for me.
>>
>>337686075
There are actually only couple preset loadouts, its not a slot machine.
>>
>>337685864
This doesn't feel or play like CS whatsoever. The skill ceiling is much higher in this game.

That said, I loved Dirty Bomb, but it failed to make a splash, they went open beta waaaaaay too early, didn't market it enough and now the game is on life support.

My biggest personal gripe is that they used Unreal, which means you have to turn off oneframethreadlag to play without major input lag, but doing so means you're CPU bottlenecked and can't reach 144fps on most maps with most player counts.
>>
>>337686432
ow is more polished but overall the shooting in db is much more fun.
most of ow guns are either too gimmicky or have incredible random spread.
>>
>>337686075
Kinda?

Post-game case drops give you a random loadout card. Each character only has so many loadouts and you also get a metal rarity.

Lead is one perk
Iron is two
Bronze is three
After bronze (Silver, Gold, Plat, Cobalt) it's just cosmetic. The perks in the loadout are pre-determined, as are the weapons.

For example, the character Redeye has a loadout called P75. It comes with a PSG, 1911, and a Kukri. It has three fixed perks.

A Lead P75 will get you the weapons and the first perk, Iron the first two etc.

You can buy Bronze loadouts for characters in the shop for in-game currency.
>>
>>337686075
That ain't even the issue with the game. The loadouts are fairly minor bonuses and if you put in a few hours you'll get something decent. Once you invest 100s of hours you start building up to the cosmetic loadouts.

The issue is mostly what >>337686240 listed. The game still feels like it's unfinished though it's been out of beta for like a year. Everywhere has a useless loadingscreen that takes too fucking long for what it does and the UI is just fucking clunky to use. I haven't played that much lately but there was a huge issue with gun balance too and they nerfed a couple characters to shit because the community didn't want to go through the effort to learn to play against them.
>>
>>337686240
>worse RNG loadouts than fucking Battlefield 4
Literally false, you can buy Bronze loadouts for IGC. Everything about bronze is cosmetics. All weapons and perks are set in each loadout.

>>337686298
>Brink 2
Good to see you've never played it then.
>>
>>337686827
Continuing on what this anon said, 3 Leads combine into an Iron, 3 Irons into a Bronze so it's fairly easy to get the loadouts with 3 perks.
>>
>>337687407
Right forgot about that.

But that's still RNG. I was trying to point out that there was 0 RNG is aquiring a "fully-loaded" loadout, even the exact one you want.
>>
>>337686201
I also didn't say that Overwatch was bad, just that it was trying to be a team shooter a lot like DB and DB was doing it better apart from playerbase. This much is obvious to anyone, having played it or no.

That said,
>BUT DID YOU PLAAAAAAAAAAY IT? YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW ANYHTIGN ABOUT A GAME IF YOU DIDN'T PLAAAAAAAAAAAY IT!
kys
>>
Give me a reason to play any assault class when Fletcher exist.
>>
>>337688267
Fragger, Nader, Kira
>>
>>337687034
>Literally false
You can upgrade your cards all the way up to cobalt, but which perks and weapons do you get in your loadout is still random and it absolutely disregards duplicates. Getting a Turbo Close Assault Proxy or a Classic Rifleman for Skillhammer might be a 50k IGC investment.
>>
>>337688484
Again, you can buy a Bronze Turbo Close assault or Classic Rifleman for credits. They don't cost much either. Yeah, trying to get ultra rare cosmetic versions of these will involve a lot of RNG, but getting them at a functionally identical level requires nothing but a time investment to get the credits needed. The perks are always the same, the weapons are always the same. They're just not a shiny blue.
>>
>>337685864
Enemy Territory shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Dirty Bomb unless it goes along the lines of "It's a travesty how bad Dirty Bomb is compared to the flawless masterpiece that was Enemy Territory".
>>
>>337685864
does anyone know how to make this game run any better? It's not my PC's fault, the game is just such a fuckup when it comes to loading and disconnecting and constantly crashing, how do you deal with it? It plays kinda cool
>>
>>337685864
>Overwatch
a game which me and my entire discord group are collectively fiending to play again
>Dirty Bomb
A game me and my discord group all got, played for about a week, and then let it fall into the buyers remorse section of our steam libraries.
I wanted to like dirty bomb, but it just isnt that fun. Doesn't even come close to overwatch.
>>
>>337688670
Ok then, I'm sitting in the menu, tell me the exact procedure to get a Classic Rifleman without RNG involved.
>>
I really like this game but it's got a lot issues as people in this thread have pointed out. Also I fear for the game's playerbase once Overwatch and Battleborn and all the other similar games come out
>>
>>337688947
Click STORE
Go to LOADOUTS
Look for the one that says "M51 Classic Rifleman".
Costs about 17k I think. But it's identical in function, Bronze to Cobalt and you can only buy Bronze.
>>
>>337685864
>Overwatch wants to be lacklustre
Why? Dirty Bomb has some of the worst map design I've seen in a game, it's obvious the devs don't know how to make maps seeing as BRINK suffered the same problem.
>>
>>337685864
Dirty Bomb has really tight gunplay, but in the mix of things, it really isn't all that different from Call of Duty or Battlefield.

That's why so many people are attracted to Overwatch. It's something a little bit different.
>>
>>337689158
Oh fuck, it's actually there. I'm sorry Anon-kun, thank you.
>>
>>337689314
Comparing it to CoD or BF is an insult to DB's gunplay and movement. But yeah Overwatch's class diversity is it's biggest plus.

>>337689340
I only know this because I learned it the hard way desu.
>>
>>337688748
There are some lego settings use
>>
>>337689231
>worst map design
Examples?

Just because I've yet to run into anyone exploiting the map hard enough to call it a design flaw. Yeah there are chokepoints and stuff but that is BY design.
>>
>>337689972
Bridge on attack is pretty bad
>>
>>337689072
lol, battleborn already came out
>>
>>337690084
It has some pretty bad chokepoints like repairing the EV for the first time and getting it through the barrier down the road. But then again if your team knows their shit they won't let the enemy's setup stop them. As for stealing the cases on the last objective it's a lot easier than delivering them on Trainyard's last objective. Once you get a case out of that room the enemy team lost it 99% of the time.
>>
Anyone know if they reverted the jump/movement nerfs from that patch? I got about 600 hours on this and quit after that patch slowed down the game tremendously by making fast classes useless. Did they revert it?
>>
>>337690750
Aura feels pretty fucking fast to me, so maybe? I think most of the old trick jumps are back in working order. Load it up and see? I doubt I've been playing as long as you.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.