[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to sound like a fucking unworthy fuck for saying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53 KB, 256x330
I'm going to sound like a fucking unworthy fuck for saying this, but Dark Souls should've had a difficulty setting enabled. I'm sorry, but I would actually like to complete this game at least ONCE.
>>
Then build for magic and summon you gay baby it isn't even that hard.
>>
>>337685686
>unworthy fuck

Yeah you'll never be a REAL GAMER
>>
THE GAME IS FULL OF EASY MODES FOR YOUR DUMB ASS

FUCK OFF
>>
You can complete this game though. Anyone can, it's not really that difficult at all. None of the games in the series are.
>>
Dark Souls definitively proved that I am bad at video games. But I still was able to finish it. I just made a sunbro build and took my time with it.
>>
What's an easy mode build for fags?
>>
File: 1462994873500.png (189 KB, 481x422) Image search: [Google]
1462994873500.png
189 KB, 481x422
>>337685686
Polygon plz go and stay go
>>
>>337686068
every single one, they're all easy
>>
>>337685686
git gud casul
But really, Dark Souls isn't that. It's only really hard at the very beginning, when you actually learn how to play good the difficulty becomes just right.
>>
>>337685686
If you can't beat this game then you can't beat Mega Man, or any game that requires a certain amount of trail and error or paying attention.
>>
Summon IS easy difficulty.
>>
>>337685686
>but Dark Souls should've had a difficulty setting enabled.

It's called Endurance.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (22 KB, 320x422) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
22 KB, 320x422
>>337685686
hey guys I think this is bait
>>
>>337685930
>>337685954
OP here. I think I might have worded things wrong. I do think I can beat the game with practice but it is just ridiculous at how bull shit some of the moments are in this game. There's no real direction. You basically have to either watch a walkthrough or just pray to fucking christ himself that you're going the right way. The bosses are beatable but the Capra Demon was just a load of fuck and I guarantee the developers were laughing their asses off when they were putting that shit together.
>>
>>337686183
*isn't that hard
>>
>>337686068

Magic build. Just kite and snipe everything. Though its not much fun from what Ive heard.
>>
>>337686339
>You basically have to either watch a walkthrough or just pray to fucking christ himself that you're going the right way.
Ok, now you're just baiting.
>>
>go to subway
>go to order my sandwich
>sandwich artist says that they have a new very hot spicy sauce for sandwiches
>"wow that sounds great, I'll have it on my sandwich"
>go to eat sandwich
>it ends up being way too hot for me to handle
>"um, sir, can you tone down the sauce for me?"
>sandwich artist responds with "sorry, it only comes in very hot"
>"HOW WAS I SUPPOSE TO KNOW IT WAS TOO HOT?"
>>
>>337685686

Just summon

Or just keep trying. I suck at shit and I beat it through perserverance.

Don't spout retarded shit like in the OP.
>>
>>337685686
get a 100% physical shield, level up health and endurance, get any weapon and keep it upgraded, block your way to victory, DS1 is the easiest of the Dark Souls games in my opinion.
>>
>>337686339
The git gud thing started because of people like you. Every fucking day, there's a new rookie complaining about how the fact they're not going trough the game as easily as they want is the game's fault and not theirs.

You want easy mode? Change your mentality. Understand that you're only as good as you are, not your build. There, easy mode.

If you never get hit you have infinite hp. Etc.
>>
>>337686339

Dark Souls is linear as fuck you ass captain

I wonder what kids like you would have done with Wizardry or even just Metroid
>>
Bad opinions
>>
OP here. I was just giving off my opinion and I'm noticing some hostility. Is this what having autism is like?
>>
>>337685686
Without any meming:
The game is not very hard. The difference to most other games is that DS doesnt hold your hand and tells you what to do and also makes sure to intimidate you by making death a part of playing the game.

If you have problems progressing the games will give you option to get help through summoning or advancing in a different direction first.

I believe that anyone who has a reasonable experience playing games should be able to beat the game within 40 hours.
>>
It's really not that fucking hard dude, choose knight class, you get the best weapon in the game right at the start.
>>
>>337686601
Pretty sure the animations of a lot of mob movesets are some sort of random for when they execute.
>>
>>337686435
>sandwich artist
>>
File: artorias.png (94 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
artorias.png
94 KB, 500x383
>>337686906
That's because your opinion is shit.

>I who have never beaten or played a good amount of dark souls know exactly what should be changed about it to make it better

Come on onii-senpai
>>
have you considered killing yourself, OP?
>>
>>337686906
You're the one with autism if you can't complete a game that isn't even that hard. Literally nobody gives a shit that you're terrible at video games. Maybe find a different hobby?
>>
>>337687157
You're right. Let me try and beat the game before exclaiming my shit opinion. But you still have autism.
>>
>>337686339
>going to the right way

Is this bait? Explain
>>
>>337687325
Honestly, if there was an easy mode, you would pick it, god knows, maybe I would've picked it too.

But that would've changed my first run trough the game and I wouldn't have had as much of a challenge. I'm sure after you beat it you'll think the same.
>>
I will have to say...

Git gud scrub
>>
>>337686339
My first time I actually had to ask here where to go after ringing the first bell. I couldn't for the life of me figure out where to go after that and I felt a little ashamed of my dispray. However, that's the one and only instance of a "where the hell do I go now?" in the entire game, so you're still pretty stupid.
I'll give you the sidequests can be ridiculously cryptic. I didn't even know there were sidequests to begin with until I was told and looked it up. The places where the people go are arbitrary (most times) and there's no real sign to tell you.

The Capra though, once you know how to cheese it it's really not hard at all. Stop being a whiny dumbass and start going by trial and error. You sound like the sort of people that's accustomed to be handheld throughout the entire fuckin game.
>>
>>337687442
Because there are several different directions you can go. When you are going down the stairs from firelink shrine, you can't go towards where the ghosts are, otherwise, you'd get your ass beat.
>>
>>337686654
>linear as fuck
You are unironically retarded. Dark souls is the definition of non-linearity. At the start you have 2 main paths that you can take in any order, then Anor Londo and then it branches again to 4 paths. That's not counting DLC or the fact that you are expected to try at least the first areas of some of the Great Lord's paths (like the Mausoleum) before getting the Lordvessel.
>>
>>337687845
Relax, bud. It's not that serious.
>>
I'm playing it for the first time too.
You have to go in expecting to get your shit kicked. It's a good feeling going from the dark depths of the ruins with nothing and getting the shit kicked out of you enough times that you're eventually strong.
>>
>>337688027
Exactly. It's all about practice.
>>
OP you don't want an easier difficulty, you want exposition and objective markers and maps to tell you where to go and what to do and in what order.

Dark Souls' difficulty isn't the issue, it's that it doesn't hold your hand.
>>
>>337685918
I tried replaying this game but it was actually way too easy if I weren't deliberately making it harder for myself.
>>
File: 1462309506135.jpg (23 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
1462309506135.jpg
23 KB, 580x435
>>337686339
>'game needs an easy mode'
>his problem actually has nothing to do with an easy mode
>>
>>337686339
You cvan kill crapper demon without even entering his fog door you fuckin casul.
>>
>>337688526
no shit you stupid fuck. You can use the bombs and throw them over the arch to kill him.
>>
>>337686435
>sandwich artist

every time
>>
>>337686601
It helps to have a good build though, strength weapons make for much easier pve then dex weapons, and summons and an high int/att allow to avoid even going near a boss.
>>
>>337685686
Try humanity
>>
>>337686339
Talk to npcs, read messeages, read item descriptions. Most keys tell you what door they open, or at least point you in the right direction. Even if they don't its not really hard to keep track of lose ends. If none of that helps, then fuck I guess you're one of those people who get lost as soon as you leave your house
>>
>>337685686
grind firelink shrine until you are level 400
put all your points in faith so you can cast Seek Guidance
breeze through the game, ezpz mode
>>
>>337686339
I think new players seem to have some delusion that it's considered acceptable to struggle with Dark Souls. It's not. Nobody has trouble with Dark Souls and if you think it's still alright to go around crying about difficulty, everyone will think you're a faggot. Absolutely nothing in the game will have people sympathize with you.
>>
>>337690005
Relax bud. It's just a post.
>>
>>337685686
if you cant even beat the game try using a cheat engine, since you are a fucking scrub
>>
>>337686654
>Dark Souls is linear as fuck
There are a total of 8 bosses that you can fight as your first after the tutorial, and even more as your second.

If you can name a combat-based 3D action game that is less linear than that, I want to play it.
>>
The new DOOM is just a "this door is closed, go through the door next to it, follow the corridor, get the key and go back to the closed door".
Dark Souls 3 is just a straight line with two branches at certain points.
Seeing how people like OP are the majority, you can't blame developers. The joy of map complexity and exploration is gone because people literally can't explore.
>>
File: 121.png (160 KB, 568x1023) Image search: [Google]
121.png
160 KB, 568x1023
>>337690294
>>
File: 61SMITQPrDL._SL1110_.jpg (98 KB, 737x780) Image search: [Google]
61SMITQPrDL._SL1110_.jpg
98 KB, 737x780
>Difficulty setting

Summon phantoms and play as a sorcerer. If you still can't beat it like that then there's no hope for you and you should just give up. However, while it is easy, a pure magic build is also boring as fuck, the melee combat system is why people like Dark Souls in the first place.
>>
File: Gif.gif (81 KB, 217x215) Image search: [Google]
Gif.gif
81 KB, 217x215
>>337685686
>>
>>337685686

I'm.... actually with OP on this one. If there existed an "easy mode" completely separated from the rest of the players, I'd have no problem. What's the issue with letting "casul scum" being able to enjoy Dark Souls? So they're not good, what difference does it make to let them have their babby Souls game?
>>
>>337691963

I feel like the Drake sword being accessible so early on is sort of the intended easy mode
>>
>>337685686
Build full sorcery. You'll shit on everything with a magic sword and a magic vaporizing blasts
>>
>>337691963
By allowing them into video games and giving them the expectation that they should clear everything, you create a player base that constantly whines to the devs to casualize everything and you get the kind of shit that gets released today where games are made for literal retards and anything with any slight amount of depth is taken out.
>>
>>337687847
But the first guy you meed in Lordran tells you to go up first, and there's only one way that leads up. Why would you go down?
>>
>>337685686
There's enough easy modes in this game for retards who don't want to challenge themselves, like summons

Whats your fucking problem?
>>
>>337685686
i beat this game when i was fucking 14 blind, how the fuck can you not beat this? are you actually mentally handicapped? jesus christ
>>
>>337686068
Every boss (except expansion bosses) dies in three hits with a magic build.

Put on homing soulmass, dodge first attack, snipe from far, win
>>
I beat DS1 a long time ago and was trying to play it again on PC this weekend but I raged out on Smough. I can't stand the clunky feeling combat. The 30fps makes it feel even shittier. Yeah I know there's the mod but didn't want to mess with it. I also absolutely hate how the game queues your commands up. I can hit the button twice in a row, and even though it takes like 5+ seconds for the swing animation to finish, he'll still do another swing at the end of it even though the 2nd button press was 1000 years in the past. Camera is shit too. The whole game's "legendary difficulty" seems like it just comes from the garbage control tbqh family.

Does DS2/3 make the control feel more responsive or is it more of the same? I noticed from videos 3 seems to be able to go past 30fps.
>>
>>337690910
>Dark Souls 3 is just a straight line
Level design is just as complex if not even more complex than it was in DS1. All it misses is the interconnectivity.
>>
>just boost endurance
just wear havels ring...

the correct answer is boost magic, I did a build recently with some vit first, then 50 magic, and I can honestly say I could stroll around the rest of the game if I wanted. I don't even use weapons anymore, let alone shields. O&S was laughable since i 2 shot super smough when I stopped screwing around dodging.

personally making it a bit more interesting though by making a magic/faith hybrid work, no end, low vit.

I don't get people who can do sl1 though, you guys are insane.
>>
>>337693002
>I know there's a mod but didn't want to mess with it
For what purpose?
>5 seconds swing
Maybe you should use a different weapon

Dark Souls 1 is just baiting attacks anyway. You shouldn't be struggling with commands because the bosses aren't nearly aggressive enough to stop you from going to town after they do their bigger moves.
>>
>>337688773
Wrong again fucboi. You use shit to toxic him then go and jack off.
When you cum back he is ded.
Casul fuck.
>>
>>337693002
All of them are the same.
Just don't bother with the series, anon. Play something else you actually enjoy.
>>
>>337688916
>Strength weapons make for much easier PvE
Dex has always been better, though.
>>
How the fuck would an online game even have a difficulty setting? Use you're brain please.
>>
File: an e made of iron.jpg (46 KB, 495x489) Image search: [Google]
an e made of iron.jpg
46 KB, 495x489
>>337694424
>Use you're brain please.
>>
>>337686068
Extremely high Vitality and Endurance with a fire or lightning weapon. Literally easiest mode.
>>
>>337694063
I didnt use the mod because I read conflicting things on how it messes with the durability decay speed and/or jump distance.

The 5 second swing speed isn't the problem. Its that the game remembers commands that far back. A lot happens in that time. Likely near the end of the swing I'm actually going to want to block or dodge based on something new happening. Why can you not override your last input, especially one so far back, with a new one? Pretty much every other videogame responds this way. I understand the argument "lel its autist souls thats just how it works!", but it still feels like unresponsive shit regardless.
>>
>>337694701
Durability is a complete non issue in Dark Souls 1 and the mod does not mess with jump distance.

I've never really had a problem with your latter compliant. You shouldn't be button mashing in the first place and dodging should take priority over an attack. I'm sure I've had instances where another attack was queued, and I'm not arguing that it isn't an issue, but if you're thinking the game is unplayable, it's you that is doing something wrong.

Maybe the game just isn't for you. I'm not saying you had to enjoy the game, just that issues aren't really notable for someone who knows what they are doing.
>>
>>337692929

you mean with a complete glass cannon build putting all points into int, none into vit and using red tear stone low hp activation and using all the items that increase magic damage but increase the damage you take so they are completely guarenteed to get 1 hit killed if they so much as get sneezed on?

yeah im sure thats the exact build someone who is shit at the game wants to use, genius
>>
>>337685686
>not farming to lvl 17 at undead burg to give yourself a huge early game advantage
If you have a problem with any given area you can always just backtrack and farm. Some areas were even designed for you to gather souls easily and lvl up quickly.
>There are even easy routes
>you can even run past bosses
OP you're just a casual accept it
>>
>>337685686
It's that time again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbR7MYGPR6c
>>
>>337687442
>way to undead burg are stairs built into the hill that are easily missed
>goes to graveyard
>gets shit kicked in by immortal skelies
>goes to londo ruins
>gets shit kicked it by immortal ghosts
i beat the game twice but knowing where to go has got to be one of the most muddled and retarded things in the game.

and how can anyone playing blind ever get to archdragon peak in ds3? Shit makes no sense
>>
>>337685686
>be pyromancer
>lvl up to 17 at undead burg
>put all Souls into Strength
>kill the merchant
>get Uchitiga Sword
>get to blacksmith
>+4
>150 dmg by the 4th area
Literally 1 hit killing every enemy in my path, how is this game hard again?
>>
Why do you think it's the game's job to let you complete it? It's obviously not a problem with the game that's stopping you from completing it, as thousands of others have in fact done just that.

The problem lies in yourself. You are not good enough to beat this game. That is an objective truth and you'll be a stronger person once you accept it.
>>
>>337695816
There are enemies on the hill desu... They're pretty hard to miss. Theres like 7 of them
>>
>>337695886
>>put all Souls into Strength
>>get Uchitiga Sword

That's what you call a "mistake"
>>
>>337686339
>There's no real direction. You basically have to either watch a walkthrough or just pray to fucking christ himself that you're going the right way

So did you have trouble with Zelda games too? You know, the games GIRLS play.

>>337695481
time to shill?
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.