[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitty game thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 10
File: pvp-sc2.jpg (440 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pvp-sc2.jpg
440 KB, 1920x1080
Shitty game thread. Why do you think they are so shitty?

>SC2
Game full of hard counters and a fucking retarded chat system.
Also no seperate mmr for different races.
>>
>>337684468
>i need to make a thread to let everyone know that i dont like starcraft

The thread
>>
File: download_20160515_102345.jpg (152 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
download_20160515_102345.jpg
152 KB, 1280x720
>>337684468

http://youtu.be/ByamUC-MMgs
>>
>>337684742
sc2 is shitty though me and my friend were masters level players in wol and dropped that shit. OP is completely right as well, the balance decision of instituting a small number of hard counters instead of interesting units and soft counters destroyed the game (among other reasons)
>>
>>337684742
Mr. I like to miss the fucking point.
>>
>>337684842
Its true but thread is autism
>>
>>337684925
go make a better one then
>>337684842
Was diamond in WoL, barely played hots and I think i've played 3 matches in lotv. ded gam
>>
File: download (5).jpg (8 KB, 329x153) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
8 KB, 329x153
This fucking AIDS game. How the fuck is this piece of shit so popular with kids.
>>
>>337685806
youtube celeb screamers
>>
File: lol.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1200) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1200
Literally everything
At least it has cute kemoshotas
>>
File: Via_Domus_dialogue_scene.jpg (287 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Via_Domus_dialogue_scene.jpg
287 KB, 1680x1050
>Was extremely interested in Lost when it aired
>During third season a video game was made based off of it
>Was developed by Ubisoft
>Buy it and play it
>The most boring, uninspired, craptastically easy, game I've ever played
>That's including phone games
>The only thing I liked about it was the realistic gun fights (a person getting hit even once brings them down, and they start to bleed out before dying)
>>
>>337684468
My biggest issue with SC2 is that they completely killed any sort of international competition when they just let the Korean's play in the NA/Europe qualifiers.

No other region had any players to care about because their local players would just get knocked out in the qualifiers. This lead to low turn outs to tournaments and viewer counts dropped. Not to mention that the casters thought they were move important than the players and this came across a lot during the casting. I understand the first 5 minutes is pointless but you should at least pretend to care about the game.

With no viewership and little no balance patches between expansions this killed the competitive nature of the game as it didn't and is still having massive problems bringing in new viewers and players.

And after so many KOREA VS KOREA top 8s and even 16s it killed off any sort of >git gud from the regional playerbases. This lead to weaker ladders, which in turn lead to weaker players, which compounded the problem.

Esports is the biggest advertising you can have your game. If your game doesn't have look good on a main stage it's hard to build hype for it.

At least league is doing it right and containing the Korea's to a single region (not including CHINA money). This forces the other regions to get better at the game or they will just be a joke. This is working (CLG (na team) just got the finals for the first time as an NA team in an Riot hosted international) instead of Korean team that's qualified out of NA
>>
>>337690545
And before someone mentions it. I really don't care to see the 'best mechanically' possible SC2 every single time. I rather cheer on a player like HuK or even the fuckin' the Grack because they were relateable and not some fucking SC2 robot from Korea.

When none of your Top 8 players in an NA region tournament speak English it's a fucking problem.
>>
File: 1444471988512.jpg (109 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
1444471988512.jpg
109 KB, 846x846
>>337690545
>cant compete
>git gud
Welfare Circus System is harming competitive starcraft. There is no incentive for foreigners to get good. They get money while being bad because all the Koreans are bannend. You will never see high level foreinger play with these rules in place. Also they dont deserve the money if they only get it because Koreans are banned.

What was stopping foreigners from setting up teamhouses, training hard and getting as good as good as Koreans except hard work before the welfare rules? TL and others tried and they did better than the other foreigners.

You can cheer for Koreans the same way you can for foreigners. There are stories for every player, they do ceremonies too, translators exist. Even if that wasnt the case banning all Koreans is the best solution you can come up with to solve the problem? This doesnt solve anything.

Wachting high level play is always more exciting than watching low level no matter if they are Koreans or foreigners. I guess this is subjective though.

kys
>>
>>337691531
Man literally. I don't care that interchangable Korean A just beat Korean B in an NA tournament. I haven't followed the scene since WoL.

What they change with WCS? That thing was always an absolute shit show.
>>
>>337691531
Fuck the best tournaments where those HomeStory Cups back in the day. Where they just chilled at some dude's house for the weekend playing friendlies. I think the biggest issue too is that the western teams were super behind the gaming house concepts too totally agree with you there.

It is definitely hard to justify putting all that time and money into a house and a set of players when there is so little chance for a return. Now a days there's literally 0 point in trying to get good as a new player. The biggest SC tournaments get less viewer than any a single league streamers whose just jerking off in queue.
>>
>>337692163
>interchangable Korean A just beat Korean B
They are not. Did you ever watch SPL, GSL or SSL? Of course they are faceless to you if you dont follow the korean scene but if you do you will find it easy to cheer for them and pick favorite players.

http://wcs.battle.net/sc2/en/about
They practically banned Koreans from everything except Kr tournaments including Deramhack and IEM. Blizzcon will be split 8 foreigners and 8 Koreans.

>>337692401
Sure its a huge risk they take on. Thats part of life and running a business though. Profit and loss. Enriching yoursleve at the expense of others isnt they right way to go. If they cant do it honestly they should realise starcraft is not for them and get another job.

Homestory is really nice and existited perfectly fine under the old rulles like many others smaller tournaments did.
>>
>>337693157
Man I legit did not want to wake at 03:00 to watch SC2. nor did I pay for the pass either so even if I was going to get up i was going to enjoy that shit in crystal clear 240p.

It wasn't exactly accessible content for most people.

What you said about Blizzcon is fucking awful too. The top 8 is going to be the Korean's unless they are forced to kill themselves to get there. That's makes the first round literally just a warm up.
>>
>>337693472
Not to mention they didn't have VODS for the longest time either.

Man SC2 was so mishandled it physically hurts me still.
>>
>>337693472
What are you even talking about. This is in the past. Right now they are on a good path. VODS are free on youtube hours after airing and in englisch. Streams are high quality and for free too. Proleague playoffs are in 17h. Watch it live if you feel like it. http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2016_Proleague/Round_2

https://www.youtube.com/user/ESportsTV
Theres a channel for GSL VODs too.

Not sure how they will match up in Ro.16. All foreigners will loose in an embarrassing manner when they face a Korean like lilbow did last year
>>
File: 1450025586521.gif (1 MB, 200x126) Image search: [Google]
1450025586521.gif
1 MB, 200x126
>post-2010 game thread
>>
File: maxresdefault__2_[1].jpg (257 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault__2_[1].jpg
257 KB, 1920x1080
It's just a more accessible and shinier looking Distant Worlds. Like Endless Space, your race doesn't actually matter that much apart from early game and the game always boils down to military conquest once you run out of space to expand. Your race choices only affect which other parts (research / economy / alliances etc.) you utilize more in your road to galactic conquest.

CKII style events are nice, but they're not numerous enough to make up for the bad parts and the game in general is very shallow / lacking in content. Usual Paradox release I guess.
>>
>>337694038

See

>>337694295

It's too little too late. The game is already dead. I don't care what it is now, back when people who cared about SC and getting into it didn't watch OGN because it cost like 30 bucks a month or you were stuck watching 240p streams. There were no VODS back then either. Expansion after expansion the playerbase just goes further and further down.

It's the same as if I wanted to start a gaming house and git gud at SC2 now. It's literally pointless because I will never ever see a return on my expenses. The prize pools are too small, too far apart and there is literally 0 streaming scene.

No one watches anymore
No one cares anymore

Nani gets like 500 viewers on a good day.
>>
>>337695015
So when you FINALLY got a big tournament coming. You just Korean import come over and win it. And unless you really wanted to try and be a korean fan in NA you had 0 clue who this guy was.

And then it kept happening over and over.
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 640x960
>>337684468
just gonna list off a few
persona series(never played fuck relationship sims) final fantasy 8 diablo 3 fable series 3d zeldas the lego games uper meat boy dmc
also 420 capcha grt stoned
>>
File: 1430672832105.gif (997 KB, 272x180) Image search: [Google]
1430672832105.gif
997 KB, 272x180
>>337695015
Stay focused on the negative, keep living in the past and never stop being envious of the korean sucess. I will enjoy some good korean starcraft.
>>
>>337695681
Yeah, you and the last three of your buddies. There's no chance in that game ever seeing a resurgence.

That's why I'm sad dude. I loved SC2.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.