[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it ok to descend into Black Mountain Mines at level 10? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 35t.jpg (40 KB, 248x300) Image search: [Google]
35t.jpg
40 KB, 248x300
Is it ok to descend into Black Mountain Mines at level 10? I saw a golem and I have a bad feeling about it, but I've already completed every available quest in Tarant.
Also, general Arcanum thread I guess.
>>
>>337682675
How good at you at combat? What's your style?
>tfw been meaning to replay Arcanum but I'm a retard and can't remember how to manage fatigue as a mage
>>
>>337683229
Depending on the enemy, I either whack them with a sword or just spam Harm until I run out of fatigue
And I have Magnus, Virgil and Sogg in the party
>>
>>337682675
First of all, Black Mountain Mines are the worst part of the game by far. It's just a very long and uniteresting dungeon full of annoying weak enemies that waste your time and annoying strong enemies who break your weapons all the time. If you played VtMB it's basically the same as sewers.

Level doesn't really matter all that much, if you did everything that you could in Tarant then you are good to go.

Depending on your playstyle you will either get i very with quickly or it will be a slugfest:
If you are a magick user, just get a lot of fatigue potions and spam Harm.

If you are a melee user with magick affinity, bring A LOT of spare weapons. Hitting golems make weapons degrade very quickly.

If you are a melee user with tech/no affinity, craft a pyrotechnic axe. They can't break and you can find a schematic in Tarrant swers or buy it from inventor there.

If you don't have enough Smithy skill to craft it, I think Magnus (the dwarf companion you can get in Tarant) level Smithy and can craft it for you.

If you are a gun user, just bring A LOT of bullets. You should get 1 point in explosives and buy bullet schematics ASAP. By this point you should be using a Looking Glass Rifle or Sharpshooter pistol, but fine revolver can get the job done too. You can switch to real time combat and kite those golems with no problem.
>>
>>337683862
tl;dr: Go get a dog
>>
At least level 16. There's a room full of furnaces about halfway in that will fuck your shit up.
Go dick around in Ashbury and do Geofferey's quest. He's the voiced asshole by the cemetery.
>>
>>337683229
>how to manage fatigue
What there's to remember? Just spam harm and use mana poition once in a while.
>>
>>337683965
Yeah you can do that too.

But many new player miss the dog and let in die on 1st playthrough.
>>
>Replay Arcanum
>Got to BM part
>Quit and uninstall
>>
>>337683965
>>337684008
This, go to Ashbury and find that dog quick. He dies if you don't get to him in time.
He blows enemies up by just looking at them.
>>
>>337684054
I keep making myself faint after killing one or two enemies (mind you, this is at very low level)
Did I just fuck up building my character? It's been years since I've played and I've never properly played a mage before.
>>
I almost feel bad that I never had to go through the bullshit normally. I just talked to the dwarf kings son and passed his checks, then passed the crazy dwarf kings checks and got in the back way. still cleared it out for EXP afterwards tho
>>
>>337684414
That's Wheel clan, friendo.
No conning your way out of the BMC for you.
>>
Thanks for the advises guys, I guess I'll go and visit Ashbury first then.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVeomu2cpsk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtfpV4GWZao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ygS2vItVoQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXR689EWwJo
>>
>>337682675
Just try it mate
There is a reason save files exist
>>
>>337685571
Just FYI the dog makes the game /a lot/ easier
>>
>>337687876
Not much of a problem, since combat in this game is just a waste of time anyway
>>
>>337684082
>not using virgil cheat dialogue to advance the story past BMC

unrelated, but is anyone else annoyed by how shitty the loot is in this game? randomly generated according to the character's game and always useless shit. I don't know why did they bother putting so many shitty optional dungeons in the game if you're not going to find good stuff ever
>>
Why is harm so OP?
>>
>>337692165
Probably wasn't meant to be spammable or somthing.
>>
Gnomes aren't your friends. Kill them all.
>>
>>337682675
One thing I used to do was take away weapons from everyone in the party and fight the golems bare handed, which damages the health of the attacker instead of their weapon, since it's easier and faster to just heal than to repair or change weapons.
>>
>>337693598
People always say that harm mage is the best, but imo summoner is where it is at, you just have to invest heavily into the summoning skill and intelligence.
I don't have to worry about any equips or itens at all, just sell everything and buy up all the mana potions you can, it is possible to run through dungeons non-stop just sending the summons to rekt everything, disarm all the traps and open/break anything that is locked without taking damage or worrying about weapon repairs.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.