[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pic related is on sale on steam for 5 dollars Is it worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (43 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
43 KB, 460x215
Pic related is on sale on steam for 5 dollars
Is it worth it?
>>
Suda41's games are cool, buy it
>>
>>337681142
Yeah.

>>337681190
Anon, please.
>>
>>337681142
Sure, it's main theme is pretty damn good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbDmYQiQ3j8

Rest of it's soundtrack is also pretty damn good.
>>
>>337681142
>ends on a cliffhanger
>No squeal in sight
>Nothing got answered or solved

You niggas got digitally cucked by Suda.
>>
>>337681142
Absolutely.

>D4 tanked on the Xbone, and then proceeded to tank again 9 months later on Steam

;_;
>>
>>337681142
No, you can get a full game on sale for that price.
>>
>>337681190
>>337681374
>Suda
Is this a meme
>>
>>337681142
I bought it for 20 and found it worth it. Go for it.
>>
>>337681416
Steam spy says it's sold almost 70k on PC
I don't know if that's good for this game or not though.
>>
>>337681462
He made the game. Same guy who made No More Heroes and Deadly Premonition
>>
>>337681462
got em/spoiler]
>>
File: Francis York Morgan.jpg (6 KB, 299x214) Image search: [Google]
Francis York Morgan.jpg
6 KB, 299x214
>>337681142
>tfw you found out York's outfit is in the game

I'm also considering getting it, I'd really like to, since it seems like it would be really interestinfg but I'm concerned about it's length
>>
>>337681620
Deadly Premonition and D4 were made by SWERY, bud, not Suda. Thus the mocking going on in this thread.
>>
>>337681545
Oh, well that's nice that it's managed to turn itself around a bit, even if a lot of those are coming from significant sales (It's been $5 a couple of times). It was only at about 30k a few months ago. Owing to basically no promotion at all, the Xbone version took like 2 or 3 months to even get to 4,000 sales. Access were crafty fuckers when they wanted to be though, they kept bragging about how it had "over a million downloads" in promo stuff in the period after it was free on XBL Gold.
>>
>>337681142
I'm curious if anyone knows whether or not D4 is taxing on PCs. I just have a toaster, and I was thinking that since the game doesn't have super high-quality graphics and fast action, would it be fine to run?
>>
>>337681749
Which version of DP is less broken? PC or PS3?
I want to play it sometime.
>>
>>337681462
They arr rook the same
>>
What's the deal with that pile of DLC? Anything worth it in there?
>>
File: 1727502-swerypic.jpg (287 KB, 794x1080) Image search: [Google]
1727502-swerypic.jpg
287 KB, 794x1080
I'm just glad season 2 has been confirmed. Well, kinda, if SWERY ever gets back from sick leave or whatever.
>>
>>337681957
>>
>>337681982
they're just costumes & cursors
>>
>>337681957
PS3 only got the director's cut which fixed some bugs and made the shooting much easier, as well as adding new cutscenes and such. I played it on PS3 and it was fine.

I don't think the PC got this version, but it also has mods to fix stuff, I believe.
>>
>>337681982
No, it's just costumes and shit.
>>
>>337681545
>>337681836
Doesn't count any of the DRM free versions either,

>>337681749
It's worth replaying since some story is hidden in things you'll miss.

>>337681982
Cosmetics and early unlocks
>>
>>337681142
Pros:
>made by SWERY
>plot is interesting, scenes and characters are fun
>QTEs are rewarded with fun shit happening

Cons:
>unfinished and future of further seasons uncertain
>it's just QTEs
>pc options don't really exist

But get it anyway to fund SWERY and help him make that season 2
>>
Is there any chance of D4 coming to the PS4 in the future? Kind of like how Deadly Premonition did
>>
>>337681813
Idiocy aside I'd love to see what would come from SWERY and Suda actually cooperating.
>>
>>337682085
Pc has the director's cut and also mods to... well not fix it but certainly make it run a bit better
>>
>>337681957
The PS3 is stable but runs like crap (Worse in parts than the original 360 version; but it removes that weird green filter from the 360 version). PC is a really fucking buggy port of the PS3 version, but needs to be modded pretty heavily to even come close to being remotely playable. Even after that, it's very hit and miss and seems to vary greatly from person to person. Someone's done a decent diagram about it, which hopefully someone posts.

Basically, there is no "good" version of DP.
>>
>>337681142
No, it's awful, both story and gameplay
>>
>>337681957
I'd personally say PS3, me and a friend tried to play it once on PC and it would crash non-stop. Meanwhile the PS3 was pretty stable.
Thankfully there's some mods to make DP run better on PC, so it gets better

So my choice would be PS3, if only because I had more time to test it on that (a full playthrough, while on PC it was just a couple sessions), and it worked rather well. In PSN (can't get it physical where I live without importing) it also comes on it's own or in a bundle with all the DLC for a few bucks more if you're into that.
>>
>>337681142
Little Peggy?
>>
It looks good but I'm waiting to see if it'll ever get more content before trying it.

Also there's a demo for it if you want to try it before you buy on the game's website
>>
The game's future is uncertain, so take that how you will. He almost never talks about the game's future on Twitter, which is concerning.
>>
>>337683045
He has more important to do, like trying to force the drinKING meme.
>>
>>337683218
Yeah he really lays it on thick. Not quite sure why I still follow him.
>>
Drinking with Swery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD25QKh6mGA
>>
Yes, please buy like a dozen copies of the game so therest of us that enjoyed it may actually get a sequel in our lifetime.
...That is, if SWERY doesn't blow it all on booze.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.