[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's time to apologize, /v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: pet_doom.jpg (348 KB, 768x899) Image search: [Google]
pet_doom.jpg
348 KB, 768x899
Awesome visuals (for its time). [check]
Fast paced action. [check]
No auto health regen. [check]
Carry around an insane amount of weapons (by today's standard). [check]
Chainsaw. [check]
Find the red keycard and can't remember where the red door is. [check]
Get lost in the level and run around for 5 minutes without being able to find the correct way. [check]
Be exited about finding a secret location. [check]

You could shitposting 24\7 or go for the epic shill-meme accusation, but this is definitely DOOM. And it's great
>>
>>337675289
>Be exited about finding a secret location. [check]
Currently going back through to find the secrets. The soundtrack is awesome, but turning the music off and listening to your own playlist while playing is so comfy.

Also, I don't have anything to apologize for. I stayed optimistic the whole time, now I get to enjoy the bitter attitudes of everyone on /v/.
>>
File: hate_will_tear_us_apart.gif (2 MB, 640x252) Image search: [Google]
hate_will_tear_us_apart.gif
2 MB, 640x252
>>
>>337675289
Arrow to the knee meme. [check]
>>
>>337675289
>for its time
Its time is 2016 you retard.
I'm very excited to play the game since the positivity is quite rampant, but I never outright hated it in the first place.

Go be gay somewhere else.
>>
File: Screenshot-Original (71).png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original (71).png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>337675289
>Find the red keycard and can't remember where the red door is. [check]
>Get lost in the level and run around for 5 minutes without being able to find the correct way. [check]
>Be exited about finding a secret location. [check]

If you're retarded, maybe. It's linear as all hell. You can find secrets just by looking to the left or right of a long straight walking seciton
>>
really regret wasting $38 on this piece of shit

controls are floaty as fuck, combat is unsatisfying, plastic, and boring, enemies are all the same, designs are fucking awful, no strategy just randomly running around, plays with the staticness of a unity game or fallout 3, the music is good but overall it's mediocre through and through and I deeply regret buying it, fuck my life
>>
File: 1463179313163.jpg (222 KB, 1242x1250) Image search: [Google]
1463179313163.jpg
222 KB, 1242x1250
>>337675761
>I'm boring
I pity you senpai
>>
>>337675761
oh, not to mention that when DooM came out it was so fucking mind-blowing that GayBen could run that part in E1M1 where you can look out at the landscape and the whole office would crowd around, awestruck. What the fuck does this piece of shit game have that's so technologically inspiring? Streaming Textures? This game is actually a step back for shooters, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but the shitty tacked on story is actually worse than the radical void that we got in the original doom. Fucking VEGA, Samym Haydyn, and that fugly pierce lady who looks like a dyke. fuck this game so hard.
>>
>>337675873
I'd like to enjoy it. I don't like wasting 40 bucks on shit. I'm not that much of a contrarian. Just genuinely think it's a piece of shit game. No fucking idea where the idea that the guns have "oomph" or "kick" or whatever comes from.

I was really hoping that it would be like Wolfenstein TNO. That shit was ten times the game that this is.
>>
>>337676054
>I was really hoping that it would be like Wolfenstein TNO.
and that's your problem
>>
>>337676253
Story aside, Wolfenstein had intensely fun, "hard-hitting" (or whatever gay back of the box adjectives you shill marketers like to use) combat against lots of well-designed, memorable enemies. Not to mention the weapons! The weapons in TNO were all explosive and useful in their own way. Doom 4 manages to fuck up the super-shotgun. It's like... you had one fucking job, guys.

Not to mention the grimdark fecal color palette. Nothing like the original.
>>
>>337675289
>>337675563
Definitely a shill. Nobody in /v/ likes cinematic takedowns.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spcbuq-6crA
>>
File: 1422828020754.png (179 KB, 538x601) Image search: [Google]
1422828020754.png
179 KB, 538x601
>>337675563
>finally decide to use the chainsaw since I've been saving it forever
>enemy explodes into fucking ammo and health confetti

Completely killed the vibe from sawing a dude in half when he exploded into pretty colors
>>
>>337677507
Turn off ammo/health highlighting in options?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.