[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hate? Also any mods that add new enemies or anything?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Doom_64-box-cover.jpg (48 KB, 640x440) Image search: [Google]
Doom_64-box-cover.jpg
48 KB, 640x440
Why the hate?

Also any mods that add new enemies or anything?
>>
>>337675049
Hate?

Have you not seen the dozens of D64 praise threads in the past couple months? hell this past week alone?

>any mods
it's a N64 game.
Even on D64 EX, there's not been really a "modding scene" for it.
>>
>>337675562

The past few days have been PC Mustard Face kiddies shitting on it because it's a console game, not realizing that it's pretty much been ported to PC flawlessly.
>>
>>337675818

The PC port was the first time I ever played it. It's really fucking good. The music and atmosphere makes it pretty eerie, though I was missing some traditional rock music.
>>
File: D64 end.jpg (179 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
D64 end.jpg
179 KB, 1280x960
>>337675818
I've either been lucky, or you've been very unlucky, since I've mostly seen nothing but pure praise for it. And everyone + their moms already know that it's been ported to PC nowadays as well, technically three times already.

Again, I'd assume this is just some bitchy, loud minority, that managed to leave a bad taste in their environment. D64 is fucking awesome! It's definitely THE true "Doom 3", and I'd go as far as call it better than D4 as well. I've seen some people be the superior Doom 2 even, but I dunno if I quite agree on that.

>>337676026
The music and audio effects are actually the same as those found on the PSX copy of Doom, where they already replaced the metal MIDI music and low-qu sounds with these more atmospheric pieces. I do however find all of it to fit Doom64 much better, as it also re-designs all the graphics, plus all the maps are brand new.

For those who don't know, plot-wise D64 is a direct sequel to D2.
>>
when i play vannilla dooms ill play this over doom 2

The new mechinces and naunces are amazing
>>
File: prepare for a shitstorm.png (7 KB, 298x314) Image search: [Google]
prepare for a shitstorm.png
7 KB, 298x314
Brutal Doom.
>>
>>337675049
I wouldn't say hate, I enjoyed it thoroughly back in the day and again when they ported it to windows. My problem with the game is that it felt like a Quake prototype. It had all the blandness and lack of impact quake had. Also it had some really terrible maps mixed with a handful of good ones.
>>
File: dfggddgdd.jpg (36 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
dfggddgdd.jpg
36 KB, 580x435
>>337676415
>Also it had some really terrible maps mixed with a handful of good ones.
>>
>>337676969
weegee pls
>>
>>337675049
I don't see why anyone would prefer to play doom 2 to this.
>>
Is the Doomguy the strongest videogame character ever? Keep in mind, he's fought Hell four times (Doom/Doom 2/Doom 64/Doom 2016) and he did it all single-handedly
>>
>>337678869
No anon, the strongest character was you all the time
>>
>>337676026
Does the PC port have all levels (including all secret levels) and Unmaker? Then I might consider playing it myself.
>>
>>337679243
I think so. The only problem I had was when one of the gates later in the game wouldn´t open for some reason. But you could just use no-clip for that one instance. They might have fixed it now, I´m not sure.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.