[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know what guys, this is actually a good game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
You know what guys, this is actually a good game.
>>
>>337674557
Sure, but it's the worst 3d Zelda
maybe even the worst Zelda
>>
Yeah I liked it
>>
>>337674557

I almost dropped it after the 3rd time you have to go to the god damn forest. Had to force myself to end it because I bought the collector's edition.
>>
There has never been a bad Zelda, and this one isn't bad either. It's not the best Zelda, but it's a fun game.
>>
File: 1462609171057.png (179 KB, 558x592) Image search: [Google]
1462609171057.png
179 KB, 558x592
I haven't played it, but the level of handholding I've heard about scares me. I couldn't even deal with Twilight Princess, I never made it past the tutorial in that game.

Should I play it?
>>
>>337674557
NOPE, I will not allow apologists of this piece of crap to show up! I won't allow it!
>>
>>337675474
After replaying TP i'm not so sure if it actually was.

The only thing TP had going for it was the music and Midna as a character. Otherwise the level design was awfully boring.
>>
>>337674557
AND YET SOMEHOW IT'S NOT ON THE WII U ESHOP FUCK YOU NINTENDO
>>
>>337675767
> In b4 "le wand of gamalon" guy shows up
>>
File: midnaimp.jpg (21 KB, 585x442) Image search: [Google]
midnaimp.jpg
21 KB, 585x442
>>337676019
>Best dungeon design in the entire series
>Otherwise the level design was awfully boring.
What? You do realize you're calling the most praised aspect of the game boring, right?
>>
>>337675901
No, TP is god tier compared to this piece of trash
>>
>>337675901
It's not as bad as /v/ says... which should be the slogan for this board.
>>
My main problem with this game was that the sky was mostly empty, controls for the bird were amazing and used only to fly around discovering chests and do flips. Wish there was something going on in the sky, like some battle or whatever. Other than that pretty good game.
>>
IS this true? It was my FIRST zelda game and i fucking loved it....what am i missing ?
>>
>>337676195
Except in this case, where it really is as bad as /v/ says.
>>
>>337675901
Twilight Princess gets gradually really good after the tutorial. You should give it another chance, it has some of the best dungeons in the series.

Skyward Sword is great too, but feels strangely like 3D Mario sometimes (you have to redo the same areas, but with a different goal). And it's true that it completely overdoes tutorials and giving information, to an even greater degree than TP.
It's good that they seem to be finally reversing that trend with TLBW and the next game
>>
>>337676248
I can see people thinking it's one of the worst Zeldas, but it's still a really good game.
Just shows how good the series is
>>
>>337676248
/v/ is never right about how bad a game is.
>>
File: 1195683011045.jpg (53 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
1195683011045.jpg
53 KB, 500x497
>>337676241
>what am i missing ?
Considering that SS is your first Zelda, hair on your pubes, you underage faggot.
>>
>>337676239
Really? I had trouble flying, it didnt go were i wanted, and it always felt as though it would stop in midair and drop down unless i constantly dashed.
>>
Yeah this game is fucking horrible, one of the most boring games from a big studio I have ever played.
Shit art style
Shit dungeon designs
Shit overworld
Shit stealth sections
Shit controls
Like what the fuck Nintendo, I spend so much money on this trash cause you needed the motion plus also
>>
>>337674557
I still hate this game with a passion. Fucking horrid intro and annoying controls, plus Vi being an unbelievable annoying cunt.
>>
File: 1407494443896.jpg (39 KB, 218x218) Image search: [Google]
1407494443896.jpg
39 KB, 218x218
>>337676142
What was so amazing about it really?

Meh forest dungeon, meh fire dungeon, choreful water temple. and meh air temple dungeon.

If I remember correctly I did somewhat liked that ice dungeon but that's because it was pretty fresh in it's way of being a dungeon.

Fuck that shadow dungeon.

I'm pretty much thinking about selling the amiibo pack.
>>
>>337676841
It's about the flow and pacing of the dungeons.
They aren't only different thematically either, each of them has completely different structure and new mechanics.
You just don't understand
>>
it's bad

absurdly bloated with tons of filler content, terrible overworld with the exception of the desert, only two good dungeons, shitty motion controls that don't bring anything worthwhile to the gameplay, annoying stamina bar, awful companion, that fucking giant critter boss you've got to fight three times, worst races in any zelda molemen excepted, and technically obsolete in terms of visuals

worst 3d zelda by far and probably worst zelda overall
>>
>>337675901
Stop having fucking ADHD and actually play the fucking game. I can understand the complaint about TP's intro when replaying it, but first time?
>>
>>337674557
It's incredibly polished like all Zelda games. The art is nice, decent dungeons, I like Skyloft (The town not the world) it really feels magical when it isn't being dull.

But when it's dull, hoo boy is it dull. Especially the paint by numbers Fire Dungeons.
>>
>>337676538
I am 21 idiot, i was never interested on nintendo and my wii was my first nintendo console (and only because it was a gift, i already had a ps3 and x360)
>>
File: 1463043245012.jpg (104 KB, 506x478) Image search: [Google]
1463043245012.jpg
104 KB, 506x478
The Zelda cycle is a legit thing, but I have never fallen prey to it.

Ever since Skyward Sword came out, I have always advocated it as a decent Zelda game with a ton of flaws.
Overall though, I still enjoyed it enough to play through it twice (hero mode obviously being active during my second playthrough).

What the game does right -
>Dungeons
Some of the best dungeons in the entire series. This is without a doubt one of Skyward Swords best traits, and it's a fucking good trait to have for a Zelda game.
Ancient Cistern, Sandship, Fire Sanctuary and Lanayru Mining Facility were all highly enjoyable.

>Combat
Somewhat controversial, but I found the combat extremely satisfying in this game.
>B-b-but simon says
Nice meme. Also, opposed to what? Mindlessly mashing the attack button and killing everything with ease? Nah, I'll take Simon says.
However, that said...I'm not disappointed to seeing motion controls go. They did work but I'd rather have a gimickless Zelda.

>Cutest Zelda
No but seriously, she is.

Flaws however....Oh boy.

>Filler out the ass
>Intro section that goes on for 2 hours minimum (3-4 if you're a slow fucker) before you even see a dungeon
>Lackluster bosses (Yes we all know there are one or two good ones but for the most part the bosses are shit)
>The Sky sucks, give me a regular overworld.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.