[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DayZ for ARMA3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 944x531.jpg (200 KB, 944x531) Image search: [Google]
944x531.jpg
200 KB, 944x531
Yo /v/,

i'm a big fan of DayZ, been playing the mod for months, and i even still play the standalone, because the mod is somehow fucked up and not playable anymore. It's shit and the devs are useless, greedy pigs, but somehow i still like it.
Well now i bought ARMA3 during the sale on steam, and me and a friend are looking for the best arma 3 DayZ a-like mod. Any suggestions?

I heard of Epoch and Breaking point so far, can someone please tell me the difference between the original DayZ and those two?

What's the ARMA3 mod being closest to the original DayZ mod?
>>
>>337673753
bump
>>
>tfw still can't get on a .60 server
>>
>>337675101
Being a DayZ fan means developement of soul and mind. I entered a state of mind where shit like that doesn't even bother me anymore. I'm just happy with what i have.

Remember when they took all the zombies out of the game? Just a huge, empty island with bananas and funny hats lying around? That was the last time i entered rage mode and thought about hitting one of those devs with a baton, since then i'm fine. just fine.
>>
>>337673753

Sorry foe hijacking op but I have some questions myself and this thread looks fitting.

I played a singleplayer version of dayz a years or so ago because poorfag and pirate. Later they removed it because of the author. Is there any way to play the dayz mod for arma 2 single player?
>>
File: 1423944822137.png (54 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1423944822137.png
54 KB, 200x200
Nobody plays or cares about DayZ anymore, anon.
One of my buddies even made a packet-sniffing wallhacker\radar\esp stuff for it, and we popped countless niggas with it, especially idiots hiding stuff in the woods.
You can't possibly make a game with such a disgusting netcode worse than this.
>>
>>337675501
download the mysql private hive package and play it by yourself
>>
>people still asking this stupid fuckign question.
>>
Breaking Point is DayZ with factions and a progression system. You get points for killing enemies of your faction but points are taken away for killing friendly factions.
>>
>>337673753
You buy a militiary sim with tanks, helicopters, planes, AA and guided AT missiles, heavy fucking machineguns, all sort of fucking cool equipment and instead you want a mod where you run around for hours looking for loot with nothing happening, evading buggy zombies, looking for shit PVP which you again need to run around for hours to find. If you are to lazy to find a proper milsim group who make their own PVP/COOP missions atleast try some of the somewhat not cancerous public PVP modes like Wasteland and EUTW, but don't vandalize Arma 3s server list by adding a +1 on the playercount of shitty DayZ knockoffs gamemodes.
>>
>>337673753
arma 2 mod > arma 3 mods > Standalone

why is standalone such trash bros?
>>
>>337673753
>released 3 years ago
>only 50% sale

why is this allowed
>>
>>337675597

Im looking at a github and pwnoz0r. Am i doing it right?
>>
File: 1423021531565.jpg (21 KB, 372x260) Image search: [Google]
1423021531565.jpg
21 KB, 372x260
>>337675732
I agree wholeheartedly, DayZ was an experimental mod who became way too much popular that it became first a standalone game, then a whole market altogether of survival mmo games.
Lets not forget that it was DayZ that spawned in the end things like H1Z1 or ARK.
It was hip and cool the first times, popped around 300 hours between the official mod for OA and the standalone one, and i'd say i'm horrified by how they later decided to manage everything and how much shitty the market has become.
>>
>>337675923
It's one of the most played games on Steam, why would they reduce the price any further if people are still buying it?
>>
>>337676046
The funny thing is DayZ SA is much worse than the initial mod.

I am pretty much done with the open world survival genre, no game so far has kept my interest after I had enough food stocked up and was fitted for player killing, and Arma 3 has better open world game modes (like Wasteland or Battle Royale) that have mechanics to lure players together. Rust and ARK atleast have base building, tho instead they are grindheavy chores.
>>
>>337676046

A very easy to fix genre.
Just implement competent stealth mechanics and make it more arcadey instead of mutating it into a part time job we've been getting with crafting.
Vision/hearing cones are the future, as is finding really rare weapons without grinding for them or abusing the enemy AI.
>>
>>337675923
Because ArmA 3 devs are clever. They have supported the game with regular free updates and will continue to do so past the Apex expansion launch. The constant support from devs justifies the price tag remaining the same.
>>
>friends ask you to reinstall some sandbox survival game/mod
>run around aimlessly for an hour finding nothing to do
>get killed and uninstall
>wait a few months and repeat
>>
>>337677315

The first phase is better gear, vehicles and resources + a decent base.
The second phase is holding all that and protecting it from others.
The lack of the third phase is what is killing the genre.
>>
So what's Rocket up to these days? Was he just a one-game-wonder?
>>
>>337678671
His company (rocketwerkz) is developing some Star Citizen knock-off game.
>>
>>337675369
I actually only got the game 2 month ago and play with 4 other bros so I've heard the horror stories.

I know this game will get slated here but it's fun to chill after a day at work, spend an hour gathering supplies and then head to Cherno and have intense firefights.
>>
>>337679025
Same anon but i also want to mention the fact that there is so many fucked up people playing makes it really enjoyable
>>
>>337678898
Uhhh no? They're making 3D SS13 You fucking monkey.
>>
>>337679252
What, they abandoned Ion already?
>>
>>337679324
Ion is an SS13 clone.
>>
>>337679324
It is not supposed to be a space combat sim you muppet
>>
1. Desolation (Almost same)
2. Breaking Point (Very close)
3. Exile (Different but has some of DayZ flavour)
>>
The whole concept isn't even interesting anymore, why bother with this dayz/sandbox survival shit?
>>
>Play ArmA 2
>Play DayZ
>Play Arma 3
>Play DayZ SA
>Can't go back to ArmA 2 controls

Fuck
>>
>>337677967
This. Guess anyone of us are ideaguys with some suggestions on how to fix the endgame, anything would be fine really besides its abscence.
>>
Is the mod still more stable and has more features than the standalone?
>>
>>337679473
PVP where engagements have build up from hours of looting. There is basically nothing like it in terms of scale, setting and such.

>>337677967
No one likes base building or protecting/raiding. Its what ruined Rust and what makes ARK so fucking boring
>>
>>337673753
bump
>>
Breaking point was fun,
I kept playing so I could unlock
be the zombie class.
It was shit, instantly stopped playing.

I think I like Exile for arma 3 more than Breaking point.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.