[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best formation? I know most people say to ignore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 8
File: ffx.jpg (39 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
ffx.jpg
39 KB, 460x215
What's the best formation? I know most people say to ignore Kimahri as he's not very good
>>
Anything with auron in it.
>>
>>337671217
You can switch in members mid battle with no penalty, so the group you run means jack shit
>>
Use expert grid and you can do whatever
>>
>>337671217
>not leveling all your characters

have fun with the seymour fights ;)
>>
Tidus/yuna (swap them as needed to use summons to block ohko's. Otherwise tidus attacks and uses blitz ace)
Wakka for 16 hit attack reels shenanigans
Rikku for mix shenanigans
Any other formation is wrong.

As with most games, once you reach max damage it's all about eho can shell out thr most attacks at once
>>
File: Y9zhFwu[1].png (311 KB, 1024x565) Image search: [Google]
Y9zhFwu[1].png
311 KB, 1024x565
Kimahri becomes really good if you train him properly. He sucks for a long time though.

On the topic of FFX. Anyone know what the chances are of a mod that can use the high-poly models used in cutscenes (right side of pic) during gameplay and replace the low poly models (left pic)?

I need to see Lulu in all her high res glory.
>>
Tidus, Wakka and Rikku. Occasionally Yuna for an Aeon block.
>>
>>337671926
>use the high-poly models used in cutscenes (right side of pic) during gameplay

Isn't that what the HD remaster is supposed to do?
>>
>>337671848
'What is Shell?' for 300, Alex.
>>
>>337671963

no
>>
>>337671848
what happens then?
>>
>>337671217
Don't forget to level up Kimahri. You'll regret it, trust me.
>>
>>337671217
If you want to meta the shit out of the game, IDK. If you are just going through the game normally, probably Auron, Lulu, and Yuna. Auron is just a strong melee person, Lulu double casting Ultima is nice, and summoning Anima is OP as fuck. Anima will fuck up everything in the game, optional bosses and all.
>>
>>337671963
Thats what you would think.

Im really fucking surprised that they didnt do this to be frank.

The HD remaster has slightly upgraded models for both gameplay AND cutscenes but for some reason there is still a distinct drop in quality. The gameplay models still look shit.

Tidus' dogshit gameplay model can be seen here in the remaster

https://youtu.be/mcrZodHJP6w?t=4m50s
>>
>>337671217
Tidus, Wakka and Rikku are probably the best party for endgame where you're killing optional bosses, but you'll need to swap characters in and out frequently long before you even approach that point.

Kimahri sucks but you'll still want to level him up because there's a point in the game where he has to solo a boss by himself and if you've neglected him, you're fucked.
>>
i played through the first ~15 hours a few years ago and only levelled tidus, auron and lulu, but i always had trouble getting past boss fights.

so far i'm about as far as i ever got in my first playthrough and i've found that every character is really as useful as each other (kimahri is an exception, he's the least useful of them all but can be good to brute force things with auron).

ive heard that after a while you can stop levelling lulu and just focus on yuna since she can go over lulu's sphere grid and essentially become a better black mage than her.
>>
File: latest[1].png (342 KB, 695x500) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
342 KB, 695x500
>>337671963
>>337672004

Just look at this awful model.
https://youtu.be/P98Uqs0HJoM?t=6m6s

why the fuck didnt they just use the cutscene models????
>>
File: Capture.jpg (45 KB, 831x511) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
45 KB, 831x511
>>337672112
the new models really do a great job at expressing emotion
>>
>>337672203
Because
>SE
>smart decisions
>>
Tidus and Wakka for their overdrives once you hit the damage cap. Lulu would be able to do the same thing if it didn't take a month of ingame time to farm magic spheres and her stick wiggling thing actually worked properly.
>>
>>337672291
TOP KEK

this is why i'm emulating the international version
shitty models
>>
>>337672112
>ps2
>character faces express feelings
>ps3/vita
>character faces express nothing, lifeless

OH BOY
not gonna shill out for this shit

pcsx2 here i come
>>
>>337672165
>she can go over lulu's sphere grid and essentially become a better black mage than her
Why do people feel a need to max out levels in a game like FFX? I mean, its not like you have some really hard optional fights that need those levels or anything. Assuming you are just trying to beat the game and everything in it, and not spend hours on pointless grinding, Lulu makes for a better black mage.
>>
>>337672457
can you just grind and max out everything during early gamE?
>>
Wakka/Tidus/Rikku is the best endgame team, but that's jsut if you want to beat all the optional bosses

Tidus/Wakka/Auron to take on their roles
Yuna/Rikku for healing/other stuff
Lulu is useful at first but she gets outclassed by Yuna later on (that may come kinda late so she's still useful in the story)

>>337672141
They get scaled to him, and you can simply train him a bit there or get him decent weapon/armor if you somehow have trouble
>>
>>337672457
>I mean, its not like you have some really hard optional fights that need those levels or anything.
Stupid Americuck. Dark Aeons and Penance exist.
>>
sooo
international version
3 questions in japanese when you start the game
is the first question last answer the expert grid?
>>
>>337672291
>ps2 model is more detailled

wat?
>>
>>337672545
remaster version has more polygons and higher res for textures, but it still looks a million times worse
>>
it's pretty confusing at first playing the game in english
a lot of magick is named differently than in german
>>
Is it possible to change the music (arranged > original)in the middle of the game? I don't like the arranged version of "Hurry".
>>
The final formation will always be Tidus, Wakka and Rikku.
>>
>>337672606
that's why you emulate
>>
>>337671217
Rikki, Tidus and Wakker
>>
>>337672490
No, you need the airship and the Arena to properly min-max.
>>
>>337672545
Loos awful if it gets stretched to higher res with the native res, but with just 2x the native res on pcsx it getsw much better
>>
>>337672713
oh well
>>
>>337672515
>Dark Aeons and Penance exist.
Well shit, this is the first time I've ever heard about them. I wonder why they are never mentioned in any threads I've been in. Oh wait, that is probably because people only ever talk about "your favorite FF is shit while my favorite is GOAT". So do these fights provide an actual challenge, or does it just become damage sponges?
>>
Tidus, Auron, and Yuna with black magic.
>>
FF10 is literally the easiest Final Fantasy game. All you need to do is spam summons and spells in any variety to win. The only battle where you need to pay any sort of attention is Yunalesca since she casts zombie/kill combos.
>>
anyone know how to fix those horrid lines when emulating ffx on non-native resolution?
>>
rikku, rikku and anyone else (I recommend rikku)
>>
File: lines.png (43 KB, 758x186) Image search: [Google]
lines.png
43 KB, 758x186
>>337672781
forgot pic
>>
>>337672621
Open the in-game menu -> Config and the option to change it will be at the top
>>
the HD ui is SHIT
the ost is SHIT
faces are SHIT

why sould i buy this
>>
>>337672112
I hate how they dolled up yuna with the child like face contures. Also the extreme sunnyboy look of Tidus. It's what he had before but it was borderline alright while now he looks like he has down syndrome and needs his makeup session every morning.
Maybe I'm a nostalgic fuckwit but why did they make the two main characters of all people so fucking terrible?
>>
>>337672740
You can max out enough from the start for the whole story to be piss easy, you just can't get 100% stats (and you don't even need to max all) because you need to get items to be able to do it

It would take some afwul and long grinding tough
>>
>>337672831
http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Final_Fantasy_X

Have a look around here.
>>
>>337672776
Have you ever played FFXIII
>>
>>337672764
The Dark Aeons have ridiculous stats (Dark Bahamut has over 200 Luck!), but except for 1 or 2 of them, they aren't really that hard.
Penance is just time-consuming. Once you get the right strategy going down, it's impossible to die.

Dark Aeons are so infamous not because of their "super boss" status, but because they only appear after a certain point in the story, _and_ on at least two cases (Valefor and Bahamut), they're on the way to items you may need to make strong equipment. Many people had a surprise when they forgot the Sun Sigil in Yunalesca's dungeon, and when they came back to get it, Dark Bahamut stomped them.
>>
>>337672781
Are you using custom resolution or scaling? Scaling has better compatibility.
>>
>>337672937
>http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Final_Fantasy_X
>non fixable

oh well
thanks m8
>>
>>337672884
The new models are closer to the GAMEPLAY models, which looked like shit because of low poly counts.

I can only imagine the guys who handled the remodeling job thought the low-poly images were the "true" forms of the characters.
>>
>>337672883
You can change the ost to the original in the PC version, only Tidus face is bad and who the fuck cares about the UI
>>
>>337672994
using 3x native
>>
Go expert grid. Go with everyone the way with the most empty nodes. Put all the stat spheres on the empty nodes. Activate them with everyone. Here now you are OP as fuck till you can grind out the rest of the sphere in the endgame.
>>
>>337673107
What makes expert grid "expert" and more challenging than normal?
>>
Anyone know how the timing for the lightning minigame is? I have the vita version right now, and I remember it not being too hard on PS2, but I can't seem to get above around 10 dodges on Vita. I heard the input is horrible in comparison. Is it back to being easy on PC/PS4?
>>
>>337673107
Doesn't the expert grid have _less_ nodes than the standard one?

>>337673129
Everyone starts in the middle, and you can go to any path. The standard sphere grid had more-or-less set paths (Tidus = haste, Lulu = Black Magic, Auron = breaks). The main difference is that the expert grid has less nodes on it.
>>
>>337672781
>>337672831
I never got to fix them, but since its a very small issue I just ignored it because I didn't want to fuck up something else while trying stuff

You'll have less when you get more health
>>
>>337673129
slower development, bigger rewards later on

plus, characters aren't locked on their course
missing certain skills or magic can make the game unnecessarily hard
>>
>>337673152
There's a trick to make it a little easier, I think you need to go to the crater near the agency. Look it up online.
>>
>>337673218
yeah guess so, just fought Geosgaeno and both parties were facing away from each other
had a good laugh
>>
>>337673129
You can't branch out on the normal grid till endgame. The expert grid is completely open from the beginning except for some small branches where you need key spheres to unlock them. In the end it's just about how you want to play the main game. With the expert grid you have a really easy time and can get quickly trough the main game but with the normal grid you have more of a JRPG with proper roles. In the endgame it really doesn't matter at all though.
>>
>>337673214
>Doesn't the expert grid have _less_ nodes than the standard one?
It doesn't matter since you only need to max out a few stats to get the most broken characters. Magic is completely irrelevant in endgame for example since by the endgame your physical hitters make more damage than the overdrive of your aeons.
>>
>>337673263
Yeah that one is common, its listed on the wiki page and how to fix it

I only needed that one, using D3D11 instead of 9 to fix ground/sky textures and the "Broken DoF in fights and cutscenes"
I had no other big issues aside those
>>
>>337673406
yeah, also 59fps ntsc version is eye candy compared to the 50fps pal version
>>
>>337673214
Does this mean that some classes take longer to get to with expert?

i.e. it takes me a long ass time to get LuLu into the blackmagic section?

>>337673223
so its shit?

>>337673302
okay thanks.
i never cared about min/maxing and always used the standard back in teh ps2 days.
>>
>emulating ffx
>no thunder during the ruins
uuh
>>
>>337673462
I'm actually playing the PAL one, I forgot about the international version having english
>>
>>337673470
Expert is better at the beginning and if you're into customization, but by the end, it doesn't really matter. You won't be able to 255 every stat, but you actually _don't_ need to 255 every stat (agility becomes useless after 170).
>>
>>337672083
Kimahri's solo boss battle scales to his stats. If you made him a white mage, have fun with a very long fight where the boss deals no damage to you, but you don't deal any damage either.
>>
the best formation is don't play the game
>>
>>337673645
play it
besides X and O being switched
its fun
>>
File: h0heL0t.jpg (51 KB, 725x820) Image search: [Google]
h0heL0t.jpg
51 KB, 725x820
>>337672883
>the HD ui is SHIT

You've got points in the rest of them, but come on man, the original's UI and menus were seriously some MS Paint shit.
>>
>>337671487
This, 15 years and people still don't understand how the game is supposed to be played. Every character focuses on one type of fiend so if you level all characters you will oneshot most fiends throughout the main story.
>>
File: master.png (1 MB, 1115x564) Image search: [Google]
master.png
1 MB, 1115x564
so uh
is this supposed to be the master sphere grid?
>>
>>337674156
they even teach you this in the first battles.
Lulu kills the flan.
Wakka kills the bird thing.
Tidus takes on the fast ground unit.

I used to make sure every character did something in battle. Meant everyone would level up. Even if it was just using defend for a turn.
>>
>>337673827
People always get that wrong, I remember some guy that mained kimhari and had to deal with 3 million health ronsos and couldn't beat them in any way

>>337673889
I guess since its the version I played I didn't mind it that much, but I have nearly 200h clocked in and only Penance left to beat, so unless I can convert saves to other versions I'm not bothering with that trying right now.
I'd just remap the buttons with a profile

>>337671487
>>337674156
>>337674340
The agility of members does matter on the timing of the next turns, it may not really be concerning most of the time but it could be a win/lose changer in some battles
>>
>>337673958
fuck off with nigger with your nigger pics
>>
>>337671217
The game is piss-easy so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>337674252
You mean Expert? Yes.
What's the problem?
>>
File: 1310429527114.jpg (91 KB, 405x412) Image search: [Google]
1310429527114.jpg
91 KB, 405x412
>playing the HD remaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxeZC_Q4hmU

top kek

Enjoy your garbage faces and no expression
>>
>>337674530
okay
because i read that everyone starts in the middle so i was a bit confused at first, looked like the normal one
>>
im just at a cutscene after you ride the shoopuffs for the first time, the party are telling tidus about a city built over a river and about a war that happened using machina weaponry. how does tidus not remember all this if it happened more than 1000 years ago?
>>
jesus CHRIST the UI looks like some shitty rpg maker xp game... what the hell
>>
>>337674587
They both look weirdly wooden and inexpressive, honestly.
>>
>>337674594
You don't even have everyone yet you nigger

Why would they be shown on the Sphere Grid
>>
>>337674587
>hd remaster
>robots
>ps2 original
>actual emotions
>>
>>337674649
Do you know about every war that happened in the whole world 1000 years ago?
Also Sin's toxin

Just keep playing the game faggot
>>
>>337674587
remastered looked better there
>>
>>337674778
dont know mang
>>
>>337674649
The plot will eventually give you an answer to why Tidus knows so little about the past, even then his "time" takes place before most of the mentioned historical events in the game.
>>
Yuna because of Holy and her ultimate weapon having 1 mp cost, Wakka because he's pretty strong and can hit anything, and Auron because he's so based.
>>
>>337674865
Anyway, you're fine

Pro tip: Send Kimahri down Rikku's path to learn Steal early. Early enemies have good items for customization but most people don't get them that early cause no Rikku in party.
After you get Rikku just don't bother with Kimahri anymore cause he's shit.
>>
>>337674995
yeah
always went for auron tidus an wakka
>>
>>337674845
Get your eyes checked
>>
>>337674156
Maybe people are a lot dumber than I think, but this seems so obvious. They constantly throw battles at you that consist of shit like a Flan that takes little damage from anything besides magic, a flyer, and an enemy that is weak to piercing, or a small quick enemy.
>>
>>337674649
Tidus isnt real

Good at remembering things. Caught up in Blitzball I suppose
>>
>>337674587
Still looks better
>>
>>337671217

>best formation

It's my firts time playing this game and even I understand every character is important based on the foes. There is not such a thing as "best formation".
>>
>>337671217
Tidus/Auron/Yuna(who has learned endgame black magic)
>>
>>337675110
Nah people usually are that dumb. Most of the FF criticism stems someone once again didn't understand the most simple mechanics, largest portion of humanity is downright retarded.
>>
>>337672203
>HEY GUYS WELCOME TO FINAL FANTASY HAYTCH-DEE X, RELEASED ON THE PEEESSFREE, RERELEASED ON PSFOH
shut it off there
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.