[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just follow his lead, /v/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: panflute.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
panflute.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
Just follow his lead, /v/.
>>
i never played the DS zeldas
>>
never again
>>
Fuck that game
>>
>>337670805
Was this supposed to be hard?
>>
File: That's horrifying.png (70 KB, 634x346) Image search: [Google]
That's horrifying.png
70 KB, 634x346
I don't get it, what was exactly so hard about these parts?

Was it hardware dependant on the microphone? I played it on a DS Lite at the time.

Still kicking and not even a broke hinge eight years after.

Shame it got dead pixels as of lately.

Remind me never to play Elite Beat Agents ever again, Jumping Jack Flash is still infuriating to me after all this time and after realizing that the actual reward isn't all that great, I'd rather keep my DS alive than risk throwing that shit against a wall out of bloody rage.
>>
Reminder that you're actually retarded if you didn't get all the flute sessions right on your first try.
Reminder that you're actually retarded if Skyward Sword's motion controls "didn't work" for you.
>>
>>337671219
Extremely for arbitrary no reason, timing is too strict
>>
I never once had a problem with the pan flute. In fact, I kind of liked it.
>>
>>337670805
There was one song late in the game where you had to move from one side of the flute basically all the way over to the other side in the middle of a song.

I think that was the only one that gave me any trouble.
>>
>>337671940
Only control in Skyward Sword that I could never get to work right was the goddamn shield bash

That said, the harp was still a massive pain in the ass even though the controls worked as intended. 10x more tedious than any instrument in any other Zelda.
>>
>>337670835
The only real problems with Phantom Hourglass are the Temple of the Ocean King (which isn't even difficult or time consuming, just annoying) and the lackluster soundtrack. The puzzles in the game are actually really cool and creative and use the map doodling functionality often.

Spirit Tracks fixed the Temple of the Ocean King and has a much better soundtrack, and the gameplay is overall smoother and more refined than Phantom Hourglass.

Both games are pretty fun and worth checking out if you get the chance to.
>>
>>337670805
I never beat that game just because I couldn't finish the last one of these
>>
>>337671220

People didn't know when to stop blowing basically, and probably tried to slur the notes when playing them which could mark the note as being played twice

Might be because I have experience with wind instruments, but I just naturally did it with short blows, and not trying to slide up and down the pipe.
>>
>>337672395
I legitimately forgot skyward sword had an instrument until this post. The harp was fine, just super uninteresting
>>
>>337671220
>Jumping Jack Flash on anything above Medium difficulty
>>
File: 1450475759497.jpg (78 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450475759497.jpg
78 KB, 250x250
>>337670805
>*inhales*
PHHHHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1463000881731.jpg (77 KB, 887x1097) Image search: [Google]
1463000881731.jpg
77 KB, 887x1097
>>337670805
The flute playing may have been stupid, but I still regard it as one of my music sessions in a Zelda game. Spirit Tracks is my favorite Zelda period.

>>337671220
>he thinks EBA is hard
>hasn't tried Ouendan 2's final difficulties with invisible markers
There is no greater hell than that.
>>
File: I cannot with this.png (189 KB, 294x282) Image search: [Google]
I cannot with this.png
189 KB, 294x282
>>337673361

I honestly did beat Jumping Jack Flash, just not on the hardest difficulty possible. God, to this day, that still tears me a new one.
>>
>>337674158

I've heard of the Quendan series and them being much harder, but invisible markers? What the fuck, my casual ass probably wouldn't be able to handle that much rhythm.
>>
File: 1384051840299.gif (124 KB, 263x258) Image search: [Google]
1384051840299.gif
124 KB, 263x258
>>337674409
After beating Ouendan 2 on all difficulties, you unlock invisible markers mode.

Easy: Marker stays, but there's no outter circle for timing
Normal: Markers disappear shortly before you hit them
Hard: Markers disappear faster and in chains the final stage is going to make you suffer
Very Hard: Markers disappear even faster on top of the pattern being reversed and smaller because it's Very Hard Mode
>>
>>337670805
Literally impossible on 3ds. What a swell microphone...
>>
>>337675106
I used the DSTWO hack that maps mic input to the L button
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.