[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't this game just one big scam? Even if you buy both
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: hearthstone1.jpg (394 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hearthstone1.jpg
394 KB, 1920x1080
Isn't this game just one big scam?

Even if you buy both expansions you're still gonna get shat on by people who spend $100 every month to buy packs.
>>
Welcome to card games
>>
>>337670347
>scam

No, you can still win but the deck is stacked against you literally. It's akin to taking a seat at a no-limit Texas Hold'em table and you have $100 while your opponent has $10,000. You could win, but even if the guy has a 2-7 he has so much money he can just bully you out
>>
Play shaman
>>
>>337670347
>scam
Stop raping that poor word it's already dead
>>
Well, I know people who managed to reach legend without spending money into it; moreover, Blizzard with the new expansion is giving out 15 free new packs and a Legendary; sure, there are a lot of people with a full collection, but little by little you could reach them out if you manage to manage your daily quests correctly
>>
Yeah, like every card game ever released.
Only it's worse in hearthstone because there's no real value to decks. YGO I can still sell my old morphtronics deck for like $30. Hearthstone, if you spend money on it, you'll never see it again.

Even worse if you spent money on GVG since those cards are now ousted from official play which means literally that entire set is worthless.
>>
>>337671494
>ousted from official play

Are you telling me they charged cash money dollars for cards to use in game then banned said cards from use?
>>
>>337670347
You can play Arena and Tavern Brawl and wont be at any disadvantage. They're more fun anyway, since ranked is just everyone using the same 3-4 decks.

What i would really like to see is a subscription. $20/month and you have every card unlocked.
>>
>>337671703
No, they introduced formats, same as MTG.

Standard Format = you can only use Base Set cards and any card released in last 2 years.

Wild Format = you can use any card.
>>
>>337671703
You could play those cards in their own format; and you could buy them with the game's money system, nobody pointed a gun at you saying you should use real money
>>
>>337671885
This. I own every card available, and i've never paid a cent. I just play a few games on my commutes to/from work each day.
>>
>>337671140
good analogy
>>
>hurr durr derrr derp
- OP, 2016

just kill yourself you retarded millenial
>>
>>337670347
Its fun. Just don't take it too seriously and don't even try to climb the ladder

Arena is fun and it is a leveled playing field.

I play on my phone, have a budget deck for every class to do dailies fast. Slowly building up my collection and having fun while doing it.

If it was cheaper I would spend money on it, but packs and SP are way too expensive for what they are
>>
>spending $100s on packs and cards when free cthun decks are unbeatable
>>
>>337670347
You can literally craft the best decks in meta without spending a dime.

You are forced to buy adventures though unless you never want to spend your gold on packs again. Adventures are the fucking scam.
>>
>>337673709
Lol. Cthun decks are freewins git gud faggit
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.