[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of this game? It seems to have flown under
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: 1459548477260.jpg (87 KB, 612x417) Image search: [Google]
1459548477260.jpg
87 KB, 612x417
What does /v/ think of this game? It seems to have flown under the radar with all the recent Battleborn/Overwatch posting.
>>
>>337666961

I've heard about it passing. I'll give it a try in beta if they have one, but I'm guessing if they aren't completely retarded (unlike Gearbox) they're keeping a low profile until a few weeks after Overwatch's launch if they hope to stand a chance.
>>
>>337667356
I've been thinking about putting down $20 for the founders pack, just to try it. It is an FPS but that's all I know about it.

Guess I'll go watch some Youtube videos.
>>
Isn't this a blatant, Korean sweatshop, ripoff of overwatch?

Sent from my iPhone
>>
il take a betakey if anyone actually played this
could give it a shot
>>
>>337667571
dont buy it
you can literally get a key for making an account and following their twatter
its what i did
>>
>>337666961
you know that one company that does really low budget ripoffs of Hollywood movies with similar names, like their Transformers ripoff was named Terraformers or whatever?

this is like that. it's very cheap and basic and every character has something lifted from another game. the maps are very simple and boring. character balance is non-existent.

it's not even worth the time it takes to download. it's terrible.
>>
>>337668618
>>337668874

Thanks anon, you saved me twenty bucks. I'll go try to get a key.
>>
File: 1463254920301.jpg (773 KB, 3184x1971) Image search: [Google]
1463254920301.jpg
773 KB, 3184x1971
>>337668973
>>337668618
>>337668874

Here's a cat for the help.
>>
>>337668973
>>337669063
yeah i didnt know you can get one either before thinking that id sign up inc i can get one
might aswell try this game since i got a key and all
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (355 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
355 KB, 1920x1080
>Load up battleborn gameplay video
>This amount of screen clutter and fuckery

LOOK AT IT

LOOOOK AT IT
>>
It completely lacks player feedback in that you never know that your underfire apart from a decreasing health bar. Nothing has recoil or visual feedback, enemies neither flinch or respond to being attacked so you have to just have to hope that your hits are landing most of the time.

It has huge fucking maps for no reason what so ever because for the most time its either a payload game time or just capture points. You can hide in grass for reasons unknown.

Its completely changed its meta-game stuff multiple times from choosing a "card" everytime you level to going into a game with a pre-defined deck which improves when you level.

Its all over the fucking place, its not all that much fun, like in most games the turret dropping wanker kills the pace and fun for everyone involved and there are more characters like that.
>>
>>337666961
Surprisingly unfun to play.
You will mostly die of cheap shit than anything genuine
>>
>>337669352
Anon this is a Paladins thread, there're threads for Battleborn you can post that in.
>>
File: 1452392625153.gif (463 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
1452392625153.gif
463 KB, 340x255
>>337669352
It's almost as if Gearbox looked at all those "Press X to not die!" images and thought it actually looked good.

Battleborn's UI is just a cacophony of shit slapped across the screen.
>>
>>337669583

The UI is not the only problem, that could be worked around, its also visually cluttered because you have fucking minions spitting particles, enemies and friendlies all spewing effects everywhere, which layers over and onto the UI and makes it almost impossible to follow what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>337669490
>>337669502

Huh. You'd think Hi-rez would know a thing or two about making FPS.
>>
I was paid to play it, don't plan on going back.
>>
>>337669962

To be fair its had a pretty tortured development where its gone from more moba to more FPS and everything inbetween. Its never exactly felt all that great to play in any of its incarnations though.
>>
>>337669490
You forget the character who pops out of stealth, kills you in second and vanishes again
>>
>>337670019
Care to share?

>>337670171
I've never liked stealth classes in any game. This is sounding worse by the minute.
>>
>>337670171

Thats because I was the Skye player anon
>>
>>337669962
You'd think they would've known to fuck off with making an fps considering both global agenda (third person, but w/e) and tribes ascend were obviously tremendous failures considering they completely shut off support for both.
>>
>>337670243
They gave me money and I pretend to have fun.
>>
>>337670243
The stealth character is "supposedly" balanced by the fact you can get a passive card that drops DoT damage by 50%, but can you REALLY call it balanced when she's only character with DoT and everytime Hi-Rez would nerf her, the fanboys are instantly calling for blood of Hi-Rez

>>337670270
All Skye players do that, anon
>>
Looking at Hi-Rez' trackrecord, anon.
It's shit.
>>
>>337668127
Yes. But Overwatch is a blatant ripoff of Team Fortress 2 so it's okay.
>>
>>337670390
I had my fun in GA, and Tribes too. They wre decent FPS.
>>
I want to like it a lot, but I feel like the match types need more thought put into them. There's very little strategy or thought when it comes to securing the point or killing the payload. The maps are just so big and open that 90% of them are under utilized. Outside of the the three Capture points and the two bases, the rest of the wide open map may as well be filler for all it contributes to the match. It's a more strategically viable option to engage an attacking payload from within your base rather than try to contest the enemy team as they approach. There's also really no reason to either. If you fail and get wiped, then the enemy team gets to knock down a door for free. In Overwatch you can literally stop the payload from moving by standing next to it and Contesting it which can buy your team time to respawn and regroup.

Furthernore there's not much in the way of character synergies that you could play around with. It may have been because I was playing with shitters, but it felt like a game of 5 separate 1v1s instead of a 5v5 game.

Overall it just feels unfocused. I want to like it, but there are some issues with it right now. I'd go into it more but it's 6am and I havne't slept yet. I mean, I trust Hi-Rez to eventually iron out the kinks, but as it stands, it needs a lot of work
>>
>>337666961
>Mercy, Torbjorn, Reinhardt
>>
>>337671205
actually the redhead is more like Hanzo in terms of her kit

other 2 are spot on though
>>
I remember seeing a stream of it.

That dwarf is a 90% copy of OW torbjörn.

Dwarf, has a sentry, has a weapon that shoots molten metal.

Believe I saw several other copies as well.

This game is already dead.
>>
>>337666961

I actually think the main mode of this game is better and more interesting than the TF2 ripoff modes that OW has
this is the main thing this game has going for it because despite its unoriginality I think it actually has some of the most original game modes
>>
>>337666961
It's p2w, made by Hi-Rez, and has 1:1 copies of characters from OW, LoL, and WoW. The head dev is apparently a fucking maniac who makes changes to characters based on if he loses the in-house tournaments.

A dev recently quit and posted a big block of text on le reddit saying how shit Hi-Rez in.

Also,
>mounts in a fps
>>
>>337666961
Avoid it like the plague, it's straight up pay to win.
>>
>>337672631
Surely in terms of original modes it must be Battleborn.

>>337672992
Cards?

>>337672950
I'll go look that up.
>>
File: ClosedBeta20_Banner.jpg (165 KB, 690x275) Image search: [Google]
ClosedBeta20_Banner.jpg
165 KB, 690x275
It was okay a few patches ago, now it is p2w, except nobody buys cards anymore, just uses pre-set decks. Game is quite unpolished and changes every patc, but it is okay as long as they polish it in the end. Current patch is just shit. Character kits are more or less okay, but they are ripped from other games mostly. Glass cannon assassins are only viable classes right now, but it was different a few patches ago. There are no dedicated support class and tanks were heavily nerfed recently.
If they unfuck theirr shit it might survive as some niche shooter, but only if they don't turn it into Overwatch for hobos.
It has okay-ish waifus.
>>
>>337675239
Cute chick.
You talk as if the game has been out for awhile now.
Is it?

Even if it's P2W it will while away the hours until OW is out for me.
>>
>>337675797
It is in closed beta. It is 25th patch currently, patches change every 1-3 weeks.
P2W in a sense that you have to get every card upgrade as a new card - cards have 4 tiers, each tier has a bit better stats, end every tier is actually a different card. Sill mechanic that was re-introduced recently, and hopefully will be switched away, as everyone uses stock sets anyway.
If you need, I can dig up a beta code.
Remember that it is beta and hi-rez changes things around alot during beta.
>>
>>337676196
Keep your code or give it to another anon.
The game doesn't really have soul from what I'm seeing.
I can appreciate that individual characters have way more versatility than the one-two abilities an Overwatch character has, but it all just doesn't interest me.
Watching someone pull a horse out of their ass and seeing its awkward animations just doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Thanks though.
>>
File: latest.png (627 KB, 503x796) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
627 KB, 503x796
>>337676940
Okay.
It's a damn shame that hi-rez don't know what to do with the game. Gamemodes and characters could be interesting, but overall it feels like mishmash of ideas with no clear vision what to do with it.
I guess mounts were something to make game stand out more, but they are clunky and odd.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.