[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DOOM 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83
File: Doom_logo.png (53 KB, 1182x759) Image search: [Google]
Doom_logo.png
53 KB, 1182x759
So I've only played the first level, but I need some assurance that the game gets better or else I will fucking lose my mind

>starter pistol has INFINITE AMMO

>Brutal Doom 2. Every enemy can be QTE killed with results in them DROPPING HEALTH and often ammo as well. Sometimes you don't even need to QTE kill them for health.

>checkpoints

>extremely linear level design, with really no room for exploration. Travel down the hallway/canyon until you reach an area with a locked door. Enemies will spawn there, kill them, and the door will open.

>Game is extremely obsessed with the fact that it's a licensed Doom game. I have heard "At Doom's Gate" fanserviced briefly 3 times in 30 minutes.

Look, I love this franchise. I don't need this game to be perfect, but it can't go on like this. I even liked Doom 3 for trying to do something new, but this is just overly generic to me.
Please tell me the levels open up.
Please tell me it gets to a point where you can't just keep sustaining yourself infinitely by continuously QTE killing enemies.
Please tell me ill eventually feel like I'm playing a Doom game.
>>
Wait, it's linear?
How linear? If it's like Halo CE linear I might be able to manage, but if it's like modern COD campaign linear then I'll be very upset.
>>
BEHEAD THOSE THAT INSULT D44M
>>
File: 12939_front.jpg (277 KB, 640x920) Image search: [Google]
12939_front.jpg
277 KB, 640x920
I'm surprised there's so much hate for Doom 3.
Yeah it was different, but it spooked me a decent amount.
>>
Please kill yourself.

All you have to do is keep playing the fucking game
>>
>>337660187
Jesus christ cunt just play the fucking game yes it gets better but if you bring this absolutely fuck-awful attitude to the game then you're going to hate it regardless of what anybody says.

It's a fucking brilliant game and the best shooter I have played in a long time. Heaps of hectic fun crazy weapon usage jumping around slaying demons and being a badass it's awesome. Now take my advice and play it or fuck off and have a cry about it being Halo 5
>>
>>337660370
You kidding me?
I love that game.
I really liked the creepy atmosphere, and then they took it away with the new shit.
Yeah, I know it's going back to old ways, but still, it does seem backwards to me.
Doom 3 was the pinnacle for me.
Hell, even Doom 64 was kinda creepy, especially the soundtrack.
>>
>>337660187
The starting pistol is also complete dongs and is just something to fall back on when you run out of ammo.

They aren't QTEs. They're a quick animated kill and learning how to properly utilize them is crucial for surviving later encounters on higher difficulties.

There's nothing wrong with checkpoints, they're all reasonably placed.

Play more levels, after the first they open up a lot more. There's an absolute ton of secrets, collectables and upgrades to find.

Yes, it's a Doom game. It's nice that it knows very well what it is over trying to be anything else.
>>
>OP plays literally 45 seconds of the game and proceeds to shitpost on /v/ about it's flaws
>>
The pistol is shit

The QTE's arn't that bad, they're half a second max, its faster to finish with shooting, and you get more health from drops by gibbing things

The levels open up, with lots of secrets (Though the secrets are spoiled by the new map)

There is nothing wrong with At Doom's Gate in a doom game

The game's pace picks up, think E1M1, when you didn't know what you were doing you took it slow and make sure to kill everything in sight, also its a modern game, it doesn't start until the title sequence is over, and thats after 2 minutes of play

Its the closest thing we'll get to a Doom game in 2016, its really good, and the pace is pretty fast.
>>
>>337660187

Please tell me you're joking. Is the gun at least terrible?

>Brutal Doom 2. Every enemy can be QTE killed with results in them DROPPING HEALTH and often ammo as well. Sometimes you don't even need to QTE kill them for health.
I don't mind executions but dropping health is dumb.

>checkpoints
As long as there's an auto save feature as well, that's not a problem... is there?

>extremely linear level design, with really no room for exploration. Travel down the hallway/canyon until you reach an area with a locked door. Enemies will spawn there, kill them, and the door will open.
This sounds disappointing as well.

>Game is extremely obsessed with the fact that it's a licensed Doom game. I have heard "At Doom's Gate" fanserviced briefly 3 times in 30 minutes.
Meh, whatever.
>>
>>337660563
I played through the first outdoor Mars segment. Yeah probably only 15 to 20 minutes. But "45 seconds"? Cmon man.
>>
But is it better than the new order?
>>
>>337660706
Outdoor segment was pretty linear, but it opens up.

Again, think OG doom, E1M1 was not very interesting in terms of a level, you had a couple of side hallways, and of course a few secrets, but the game gets better.

Its all about pacing
>>
>>337660187
>>337660583
OP has now given this shit eating retard his opinion on doom, he will go to other threads and preach what op has said here despite being fundamentally wrong on nearly every aspect
>pistol
lmao kid that gun fucking blows good luck EVER using that later on
>qte
only at low hp and it is a very vital game mechanic although i doubt you would know since you're most likely playing on the easiest difficulty
>checkpoints
um..hello? are you retarded? in doom you can save whenever you wanted, this is an awful point
>extremely linear design
play the game you cunt the game opens up immensely by stage 3, you'll probably still moan because you're using checkpoints, just turn that shit off and explore the map
>game is obsessed with being doom
yes its a long awaited sequel it has every right to hype up the player on the FIRST FUCKING LEVEL YOU MONGOLOID
>>
>>337660776
The New Order is the best heavily story-based FPS I've played in a long time, but Doom 4 is better simply because it's barely story based at all and is all about the quick paced combat.

I'll give OP one thing though, the game would be significantly better without the executions.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anrvBD4aTGY

Game's fine when you start running into harder enemies.

Even in Doom 1 zombies and imps weren't a threat.
>>
>>337660583
It is terrible.

The animation allow the remaining enemies to move to a better position. It's very much a choice you have to make.

How is a checkpoint not an auto save? What do you mean?

The 2nd level already has like thrice the secrets of the first, is way bigger and you can tackle it in different ways.

Yeah. I like how the game embraces the crazy. The plot is literally: An ancient good (you) has awoken.
>>
>fist the master chief
>now doom guy

So who is going to be ret conned into the CHOSEN ONE next?
Mario?
>>
>>337660926
except imps are actually a threat in this because of the sheer amount of them while you're trying to deal with more dangerous demons
zombies can be extremely underestimated they deal pretty decent damage if you arent paying attention to them later on
>>
>>337660915
im currently playing through it again on nightmare
the only problem i had is that it doesnt really wrap up the story because MUH MODERN GAMES DLC and the super shotty is way too fucking strong
>>
>>337661056
Neo
>>
>>337661185
>the super shotty is way too fucking strong
super shotty was always strong. its all you ever needed in the old games once you got it
>>
>>337660187
and that's how you summon the retarded hipster shills.
>>
>>337661185
>Super shotty is too strong
Hold the presses

The same gun that 1-2 shot most enemies in Doom 1 and 2 is OP?
>>
>>337661185
It was ridiculously strong in Doom II too, there was rarely a reason to use any other gun. I think the new game does a better job of forcing the player into situations where other weapons will be more useful.
>>
>you can literally grind in Doom

makes me sick
>>
>>337661339
wat
>>
>>337661339
Excuse me?
>>
>>337661263
>liking a modern AAA fps
>hipster
hmm
>>
>>337660187
>Game is extremely obsessed with the fact that it's a licensed Doom game.
I hated their streams/previevs for that. Look guys its sooo BRUTAL and GORY!!!
>>
Is my friend in this game?

I haven't seen him in a while...
>>
File: Ryan Davis.png (595 KB, 1600x875) Image search: [Google]
Ryan Davis.png
595 KB, 1600x875
Giant Bomb says it's great and the single player is well worth the time
/v/ loves Giant Bomb
Therefore /v/ should love DOOM 2016
>>
>>337661496
Caco is, haven't run into the other yet.
>>
File: Agitated Skeletons.gif (432 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
Agitated Skeletons.gif
432 KB, 500x394
>>337660187
>>337660370
Doom 3 was a neat 7/10. It tried something different and I can commend it at least for that. It's lighting was great and it just needed the flashlight to be usable with the pistol and a sawed off SSG and all that darkness would've been fine. PDA scavving was great and from what I remember the game had some excellent voice acting as well. I can't remember much in the realm of music but do remember the general atmosphere after killing an area of monsters being eerie as fuck.

Also using screens in that game was THE FUCKING BOSS.
AND
STILL
HASN'T
BEEN
DONE
BEFORE

FUUUUCK I THOUGHT THAT WAS GOING TO BECOME THE FUCKING INDUSTRY STANDARD BUT THEN 2007 HAPPENED AND WE'VE FUCKING REGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSED
>>
>>337661575
RoE was more fun IMO.
>>
File: 24816035425_ee54ae3d10_b.jpg (457 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
24816035425_ee54ae3d10_b.jpg
457 KB, 1024x576
Someone want to tell me why they're advertising the Revnant so much for this game?

He's hardly one of the more iconic monsters in the franchise. If anything he's one of the less memerable
>>
File: A normal girl.gif (205 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
A normal girl.gif
205 KB, 500x281
>>337661648
RoE was good too other than the gimmicky grav-gun HL2 lol.
>Tfw you will never play Last Man Standing mod again and do custom co-op maps.
>>
>>337661185
one more thing i didnt like was the hell guards fight, that shit was way too easy where as the cyber demon and spider at least took me a couple tries
>>
>>337661696

because he's good at playing the trumpet
>>
File: 1463120877288.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1463120877288.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>
>>337661696
AGITATED SKELETONS MEME.
MARKETERS THINK MEMES MEANS SELLS.
BUT NOT WHEN YOU MAKE A SHITTY GAME.
>>
File: Durandal was laughing.jpg (327 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Durandal was laughing.jpg
327 KB, 800x600
Makes me wish for another Marathon game that was remotely as Ok as new DOOM
>>
>Game starts up
>bethesda logo keeps freezing and takes 2 minutes to complete the animation
Oh no
>same with id logo
NO...
>Game runs fine after that, full HD, ultra detail, no problems

Huh... anyone else get that?
>>
>>337660187
autistic faggots like you need to be cut down.
>i played the first level.. it was easy and basic... better get on /v/ and whine about it! and ask if it gets better INSTEAD OF PRESSING CONTINUE TO SEE IT FOR MYSELF!

literally letsplay tier. Kill yourself.
>>
>>337661791

I'm not seeing any glory kills so whoever made this is more butthurt and uninformed than the guy who made a Deus Ex mod lambasting Human Revolution

But you didn't even make it and have nothing to say so clearly you don't even have your own opinion
>>
File: REAL HUMAN BEAN LAUGHING.gif (497 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
REAL HUMAN BEAN LAUGHING.gif
497 KB, 245x200
>>337661791
Kek.
>>
>>337660187
>>extremely linear level design, with really no room for exploration. Travel down the hallway/canyon until you reach an area with a locked door. Enemies will spawn there, kill them, and the door will open.

this and the speed gone really grinds my gears.
>>
>>337661910
Brutal Doom has those m8. You can even eat gibblets as intended by original Doom Masters
>>
>>337660187
All you had to do was play the game for another 20 minutes or so and you would have seen you were wrong. This is why the gaming industry is so shit now. It's because these are products being made for assholes like you who don't even care enough to play for longer than 15 minutes before reaching for someone else's opinion.

Play the game and think for yourself.
>>
>>337660706
>I played through the tutorial section of stage 1 that exists to show players the mechanics of the game
>why was it so linear and showing me how all the mechanics work
>I have the attention span of a gnat and could not be fucked playing for at least an hour before stating my stupid fucking opinions online

This is you.
>>
>>337660187
Sounds like they made it easier to design the levels by making the enemies provide ammo/health items when you RIP AND TEAR.

Sorry OP, I don't think that will change at all.
>>
OP is the current underage gamer that companies have to pander to
>>
I wasn't feeling it for the first few levels but then it finally clicked with how the glory kills and everything work, plus the first few levels were also very easy

It becomes a hell of a ride by the time you get to hell, I didn't think I could feel this way about a game again
>>
>>337660187
>a licensed Doom game
what? id made it, it's not licensed
>>
playing on UV is a lot of fun.
>>
>>337661696
Because it's the only good design in the game
>>
File: Doomguy (2).jpg (121 KB, 1600x1330) Image search: [Google]
Doomguy (2).jpg
121 KB, 1600x1330
>>337662261
It's the only design that looks even remotely 'demonic'.
Everything else looks like aliums.
>>
>>337660187
>pistol
Eh, it's a nice fallback but I understand hating it.
>QTE drops
I feel that they're fast enough that they flow nicely, but that's entirely subjective. And the drops are only there to barely keep you going util you find some bigger health or ammo laying around, you'll never get a lot of health off of an enemy, jsut enough to keep you alive for a bit longer.

>checkpoints
As opposed to what? starting the level over? qucksaves?

>linear level design
level three REALLY opens up, it get's very open ended after level 2

>fan service
Yeah it's a little in your face at first and barely tones down but DOOM love them E1M1
>>
>>337662086
OP literally just outlined a consise arugment as to how different and baby freindly the new game is.

Mean while you added nothing and made bland, borning comment that is blantely false.

Step it the fuck up, Senpai.
>>
>>337662537
OP is a retard that thinks the first level of a game is the entire game

And your post is even more useless but hey you have a dank meme at the end oh wow 10/10 your post is totally not bland now!
>>
>>337662537
It really isn't baby friendly on Ultra Violence and up, you have to constantly move because just a few hits and you're dead. The tutorials literally only tell you what button does what and Ultraviolence and up cuts back on them.

Also the health/ammo drops are JUST enough to keep you barely alive during a fight.
>>
>>337662537
>concise argument
>nitpicking complaints that can be observed from watching a trailer or playing the game for 20 minutes tops
He's shitposting and now you are too, congratulations
>>
>>337662389
Baron of Hell, and Lost Souls look demonic. But you're correct for the most part.
>>
ITT: Bethesda shills and shitposters
>>
Question.
Is Ultra Violent the new Hurt Me Plenty?

I'm play8ng Hurt me Plenty and I just keep getting health quickly.
>>
File: HEEGZed.jpg (64 KB, 503x523) Image search: [Google]
HEEGZed.jpg
64 KB, 503x523
>>
File: 20160513183219_1.jpg (341 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160513183219_1.jpg
341 KB, 1920x1080
>>337660187
It gets a lot better around level 4 once you get the double jump and have more weapons. The pistol is kind of weak, but later on the chaingun, gauss rifle and SSG absolutely wreck shit
>>
>>337660370
Now that everyone can agree doom 3 is the worst in the series, /v/ loves it. Brilliant

Doom 4 exceeded my expectations in so many ways. I haven't enjoyed a AAA fps game in over a decade.
>>
>>337662869
it gets a lot more difficult towards the later half
though you can adjust the difficulty whenever you want, so..
>>
>>337662849
I wish the barons had goat/bull faces
>>
>>337663000
Is Plut9nia/TNT canon?

Wouldn't that mean there's at least 3 dead icons of sin?
>>
>>337663000

What is the Icon of Sin supposed to be an accurate representation of

And why hasn't anyone on PC noclipped through it to see if John Romero's head is in it
>>
File: Doom-Cacodemon.jpg (116 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
Doom-Cacodemon.jpg
116 KB, 950x534
Can this be created in snapmap?
>>
>>337663007
>Now that everyone can agree doom 3 is the worst in the series

Just wait until the viral marketers ease off and the shiny new game syndrome clears. People will wake up to the Closed arena, corridor, closed arena gameplay and the game will be panned.
>>
Is there a Duke Nukem mod yet?
>>
>>337660776
I don't think so.
>>
>needing a rune to have air control while jumping
my biggest gripe with the game
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Z6brRhHWg
>>
>>337660915
>in doom you can save whenever you wanted, this is an awful point
Being able to save at any point is a technical requirement for a game not being shitty.
Checkpoints are just
>the player is a retard, better add automatic saves everywhere
All of the difficulty checkpoints add is artificial.
>>
>>337663224

>Pain Elemental
>filename says Cacodemon
>>
>>337663356
>All of the difficulty checkpoints add is artificial
what
>>
>>337663404
>Green eye
>No two horns

There are no Pain Elementals in DOOM
>>
>>337661339
What? Please elaborate. I own this game and have no idea what the fuck you just said.
>>
>>337663575
Checkpointless difficulty
>save before boss
>retry until you succeed
Checkpoint "difficulty"
>save at last checkpoint available
>go to boss
>lmao u died now you have to go through the trivial section before the boss
>the trivial section takes more time than the boss
>>
>>337660187
>start pistol has INFINITE AMMO

its also garbage.
>>
It's the vidya cycle.
>>
>>337662869
Yeah, maybe somewhere in between. I personally think the game is more fun on ultra violence. It is for sure a challenge.
>>
>>337661840
I got that when I first launched the game.
Updated drivers, restarted and that seemed to fix it.
Nvidia here
>>
File: shills.png (111 KB, 350x361) Image search: [Google]
shills.png
111 KB, 350x361
>>337660464
>>337660501
>>337660578
>>337660583
>>337660915
>shilling this hard
Yes, goyim! Cutscenes are good and lead to fast gameplay! If you wait for 3 hours the game will be fun!
>>
>>337660776
>locked 60 fps

I never got past the 2nd level, shitty console port.

At least you can tell D44M was made with PC in mind.
>>
>>337663771
well lucky for you, checkpoints happen exactly when you would want to save
>>
>>337660187
>>extremely linear level design, with really no room for exploration. Travel down the hallway/canyon until you reach an area with a locked door. Enemies will spawn there, kill them, and the door will open.

So you played the tutorial level and assumed that was the whole game?
>>
>first person shooter that focuses on all out gory gameplay first and story last
I've been so thirsty for this game
>>
>>337660370
the weapon sounds are so awful I couldn't pull through when I tried to replay it a month ago.
>>
>>337663935
144 hz is a meme friendo.
>>
>>337663935
They unlocked the framerate? I heard something about the MP beta being locked to 60
>>
File: 379720_20160515005725_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
379720_20160515005725_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>337660187
It gets better

Best game I've played in years
>>
File: sponge.jpg (34 KB, 426x333) Image search: [Google]
sponge.jpg
34 KB, 426x333
>loading descriptions refer to Doomguy as 'you'

I like that
>>
>>337664019
>y-you didn't play the game
Is this the new Bethesda marketing tactic? I've been seeing this post 10 times every Doom thread
>>
>>337664159
>best game I've played in years

You must not play many games then.
>>
>>337663896
>One of the most praised games on /v/ in forever
>m-m-m-marketers!! All of you!!
>>
So Doomguy was... sealed in stone?

I guess don't spoil it I'll figure it out.
>>
>>337663896
>Everyone who likes doom must be a shill
Matey, I hated what I saw when the doom multilayer beta was released. I thought the game was gonna suck as much disks as the beta did. But 4 days before release they showed some of the campaign footage, being played by someone who wasn't a 'gaming journalist' and it looked 100* better than the beta.
>>
>>337661370
>>337661413
>>337663764
I think he means replaying the past levels to find secrets you missed so you gain more weapon/praetor points to sped on upgrades.
>>
File: bad tom.png (44 KB, 344x315) Image search: [Google]
bad tom.png
44 KB, 344x315
>>337664239
>>One of the most praised games on /v/ in forever
You can't be serious
>>
>>337663209
If you shoot a rocket at it's exposed part, one of those little cubes fly out
>>
>>337664239
>One of the most shilled games on /v/ in forever
>>
>tfw trying to play this on PS4
Either this is one of the most poorly optimized games for console I've ever played or the PS4 just isn't up to snuff for it.
>>
>>337664219
>have a retarded opinion
>majority calls you out on it
>"omg stop the memes please"
>>
>>337663209
Baphomet, the large half man half goat creature
>>
>>337664269
Yeah, anon! I agree
Pressing X to kill is a really tactical and innovative choice! The slow speed lets me explore the baron corridors better!
>>
>>337661696
Memes, before him it was caco
>>
File: Hexen.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hexen.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
Reboot when?
>>
File: kek.jpg (35 KB, 260x320) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
35 KB, 260x320
>>337664239
>>One of the most praised games on /v/ in forever
>>
File: 1462238327250.jpg (50 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
1462238327250.jpg
50 KB, 512x397
>Doom threads are shill threads
>yet a million Overwatch threads is okay
>>
>>337664372
>ur onion is retarded Doom is the best game evar!!
$5 has have been added to your account
>>
>>337664408
Never, Raven is dead and it was shit anyways.
>>
>>337663896
Oh shut the fuck up already faggot.
>>
File: Doom cover.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Doom cover.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
>>337664383

then what's the giant skeleton in the ground supposed to be
>>
>>337664158
The engine does not support frame rates higher than 60 in wolfenstein.

>>337664143
Once you go 144hz you can't go back. 60 fps looks like shit to me now. My brain has been spoiled.
>>
>>337664357
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhhsmcoYybc
>>
>>337662029
>exists to show players the mechanics of the game
it's a first person shooter ffs
>>
>>337660187
The pistol is only good for the weakest shittiest enemies. You will stop using it also immediately after you leave that first room.

You can only glory kill them when they're stunned and near death. The health drop only happens when you're low health. Glory kill or not.

Some levels are huge and have big fights that are challenging on higher difficulties. Why not use check points?

Linear my ass. Foundry is the first huge level.

E1M1 has an awesome theme. Deal with it.
>>
>>337664357
Runs fine for me. Unless you're talking about the controller or the stutters in the beginning of level 5.
>>
>>337664219
Nope, pretty sure it's just people pointing out that you didn't even play the game. The first real level Foundry is a maze.
>>
>>337660187
it also sucks. Keep using it and see how you're faring in a few levels.

Rewards an aggressive playstyle, which keeps the game flowing faster. Also, it's not a QTE, it's just an button-triggered action. Clicking the mouse makes you shoot, and that's also not a QTE. There's no timing involved. The game just basically buffs up your melee attack when the enemy is low on health.

>checkpoints
These behave pretty weirdly, to be honest. However they do keep your found secrets/upgrades, which prevents you from having to redo stuff over and over again. They also prevent obsessive quicksaving which just ruins game pacing.

That's just plain false. The mars surface part of the first level is a maze of overlapping paths in 3D, and on the next levels it just gets even more branchy and multi-layered. The level design in this thing is great.

I guess. I don't mind it a lot and they mostly reserved it for the secrets.
>>
File: 379720_20160514211249_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
379720_20160514211249_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>337664227
>HAHAHA DOOM IS SHIT XDD LOOK HOW CONTRARIAN I AM

I like shooters and DOOM is objectively one of the best shooters in years
>>
>>337664408

Imagine if they released expansion packs which were all based on old FPS titles from that era.
>>
>>337664386
>Omg it's so slooooow
https://youtu.be/anrvBD4aTGY
>>
Dima is Nick Valentine's brother and the endings are to replace the children of atom leader with a synth, nuke Far Harbor or the children, or kill DIMA. Red death is a mirelurk. Far Harbor DLC ending.
>>
>>337664158
Doom the frame rate is unlocked

He is talking about shitenstein the new shit-stain
>>
>>337664424
Overwatch threads
>fuck, when is the game coming out?
>D.Va needs a nerf
>Bastion is OP
>fuck Mei
>Mercy is cute! CUTE!
>ITS HIGH NOON
>which is the best class
>what platform are you getting the game on

Doom threads
>Is Doom good
>Doom is one of the best games I have ever played. Bethesda really outdid themselves this time! Make sure to buy Doom bundled with the season pass for more multiplayer content!
>>
>>337664472
Generic demon overlord?
>>
File: Doomguy Terminator.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Doomguy Terminator.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>337664559

>Duke Nukem expansion
>We finally get a new Duke Nukem that isn't Forever
>>
File: Hank_Smoking.jpg (14 KB, 219x220) Image search: [Google]
Hank_Smoking.jpg
14 KB, 219x220
Its like human revolution all over again

I should listen to /v/ more often

>'games gonna be shit!"
>games not shit
>mfw
>>
>>337664569
>all runes and upgrades on
Oh no, anon!
You're retarded!
>>
>>337664608
hello overwatch shill
>>
>>337664667
>Overwatch is being shilled
>BUT WAAAAAH JUST LET ME LOVE DOOM OKAY ITS A GOOD GAME WAAAH
>>
>>337663989
at the start of each level and then never again?
>>
>>337664664
You mean, playing the game actually rewards you?
Fuck, hold the presses!
>>
>>337664357
Download the patch.
>>
File: 379720_20160514211046_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
379720_20160514211046_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>337664608
>Bethesda really outdid themselves this time!

Well they're not wrong, it's a really good game and better than expected.
>>
>>337664486
>Sonyggers will defend their shit port because it runs slightly better than on xbone
>>
Dude playing Doom 4 right now live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vupM45997c4

It looks like shit, yet he enjoys it.
>>
>>337664529
>one okay level means all the levels are good!
And foundry is great either, its still just as baron as the rest
>>
>>337664608
I think everyone is in shock because ID hasn't made a good game in years. I'm very happy surprised with Doom4
>>
File: 8240759320.gif (97 KB, 410x324) Image search: [Google]
8240759320.gif
97 KB, 410x324
>>337664664
>>
>>337664757
Holy shit anon I didn't know it was possible for someone to be
this
fucking
illiterate

>>337664808
How is that moving goalposts?
He is literally using cheats to show off the game. You cannot go that fast normally
>>
>>337664773

You're also forgetting that id software were still the developers and Todd and his Merry Band of Liars are just the publishers
>>
>>337664774
you sound upset, maybe you should stop comparing consoles and just enjoy your preferred version.
>>
>>337664357
The game actually isn't that poorly optimized for X1/PS4, but it still plays light years better on PC.

Who the fuck is going to buy Doom for a coneole?
>>
>>337664254
Chronology: Doom 1, Doom 2, Doom 64 then DOOM doom 3 is ignored entirely except for an easter egg
>>
>all these people responding to the OPs complaints with nothing but praise

They don't even read like real posts, it's like a computer made them.

>inb4 something about Overwatch or something about how if you like a game then you must be a shill
>>
I'm pretty sure all the original guys left.
how many devs from original id are still there?
>>
all those posts saying back in the day
>in higher difficulties enemies won't drop so much pickups when glory killed
is it true tho?
>>
>>337664916
>Who the fuck is going to buy Doom for a coneole?

A lot of people, apparently.
>>
File: stevecarlesiheadshot.jpg (58 KB, 350x466) Image search: [Google]
stevecarlesiheadshot.jpg
58 KB, 350x466
>>337664789
Did someone say Foundry?

That's terrible, I'm sorry. Grrrrr
>>
>>337664929
>Chronology: Doom 1, Doom 2, Doom 64 then DOOM doom 3 is ignored entirely except for an easter egg
Doom 3 happened. One of the characters mentions it.
>>
>>337661263

>hipsters
>not the fags hating on it for being a new game
>>
>>337660776
Yeah, Doom took the story and trashed it which is what i wanted. Felt like TNO took itself too seriously. I like Doom more in every aspect pretty much.
>>
>>337664948
you're way too late.
see >>337664608
>>
>>337664916
Poorfags
>>
>>337664990
Dang srsly i completely missed any reference to it besides the cube.
>>
File: 20160515014008_1.jpg (440 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
20160515014008_1.jpg
440 KB, 1680x1050
>>337664789
I'm on the first level of Hell and the levels are still pretty sprawling.
>>
>>337660501
>They aren't QTEs. They're a quick animated kill
So they're QTEs. Got it.
>>
>>337664948
it has flaws but its pretty good. and its not linear at all.
>>
>>337664961
Don't know but if you play the game without glory kills in the first place it has the same effect.
>but you're gimping yourself
Well, it helps if you have some self restraint
>>
>>337664860
Where the fuck does it say he's using cheats? The reason he's going that fast is because of the runes he's got on.
>>
>>337660293
its not linear, nigga has only played the first level.
>>
>>337664608
What the flying fuck are you even smoking
Before release it was all LETS CIRCLEJERK ABOUT HOW MUCH IT'S GOING TO SUCK
Now it's a mix of people being pleasantly surprised, others who tried it out but didn't like it, and another bunch of SHILLS screamers who haven't tried the game
>>
File: Baron of Hell.webm (201 KB, 730x411) Image search: [Google]
Baron of Hell.webm
201 KB, 730x411
>>337664789

>just as Baron as the rest
>>
>>337665094
So its a drawn out maze?
Good, now how are the actual levels in the maze?

>>337665182
Description
>>
>>337660187
>>starter pistol has INFINITE AMMO

because its a useless piece of shit.

Dont use it or get over it, pick one.

>checkpoints

If you're so hardcore then up the difficulty so you have permadeath. Otherwise, shut the fuck up, you're not as good as you're pretending to be.

>extremely linear level design, with really no room for exploration

You're on the first level so making any comment about level design is real fucking stupid. Yes, they open up, but its still linear, just that you play them in order as you get access to new areas. You know, just like Doom.

>Game is extremely obsessed with the fact that it's a licensed Doom game.

So what? Its reveling in the fact that its doom, and kind of cranks the volume up to 11, its great. The original doom just isnt that good, people act like they still play it all the time but lets be real here...You probably dont. You're probably lying to yourself and probably about to lie to me.

Im all about shitting on Bethesda, I think its a little weird they had id put some Bethesda inserts into the game, but id did a good job on this game. People wanted FAST AND CUHRAZYYY Doom and so far as I can tell (about 3 hours in) they did a pretty solid job.

Also anybody bitching about bad music is a polesmoker, the music is great. I don't listen to OSTs but I would almost listen to this.
>>
>>337665182
Don't reply to the autist, just ignore him.
>>
>>337665234
>This gameplay is from a PC running Vulkan on a Titan X at 120 FOV - with the player's personal upgrades and rune perks set for advanced speed and movement capabilities

?
>>
>>337665234
>This gameplay is from a PC running Vulkan on a Titan X at 120 FOV - with the player's personal upgrades and rune perks set for advanced speed and movement capabilities.
tell me where that says something about cheats
>>
Honestly the game gets better as you progress. By the end you get into crazy fight constantly moving fast as hell evading 4 pinkies 3 barons 6 cacaos and a shit ton more enemies plus a few summoners. It gets hectic towards the later end of the levels. Also the level design really opens up after the 3rd level because its a gradual buildup into venturing into hell and what not.
>>
>>337660370
>inferior xbox version
>>
>>337663007

Seriously, what in the fucking even?

I have never seen anything positive ever said about Doom 3 on this site and suddenly now that DOOM is out everyone is posting about how 3 did it right or "at least did something new"

WTF YOU DIDNT WANT ANYTHING NEW

Fucking Doom fans have surpassed Souls fans and biggest fucking crybaby morons.
>>
File: 1463264719381.jpg (119 KB, 276x245) Image search: [Google]
1463264719381.jpg
119 KB, 276x245
>>337665270
>The original doom just isnt that good
>>
>>337665149
I was thinking doing that
first on nightmare without anything
then on ultra after it unlocks with the things
>>
File: la noire disgust.jpg (45 KB, 291x280) Image search: [Google]
la noire disgust.jpg
45 KB, 291x280
>>337664860

>H-he's cheating! It's not faaaaaaaair
>>
I wish the ironman mode was unlocked from the beginning
>>
File: 379720_20160514190258_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
379720_20160514190258_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>337664869
Yes but imagine a DOOM game published by EA or Activision.
>>
>>337664948
i like the game

>YOU FUCKING COMPUTER!

go outside more or just dont interact with people, ever
>>
>>337664948
Anon here's a shocking relevation
If many people say that the game is fun, then the game might actually be fun
>>
File: 1443045744114.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1443045744114.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>337661056
>game explicitly says Doomguy is from Doom/2/64
>a man filled with so much rage and hatred for demons that he made himself the chosen one

Pretty bad ass desu senpai
>>
>>337665093
One of the text logs refers to the previous anomalys, citing "the phobas and deimos takeovers, and then the later invasion of Mars"
>>
>>337664961
they definitely drop less stuff, i went from UV to Nightmare and i get about half as much stuff.

you still want to glory kill often for the invincibility though, you die in like 2 hits in nightmare.
>>
>>337665095
well, they're really quick though and completely optional and you can turn the highlights off. it never gets in the way>>337665148
>>
>>337664860
>runes and upgrades avaiable in the games are now considered cheats
Wtf are you? Some kind of radical purist?
>>
You gotta feel a bit sorry for Doomguy at this point. How many times has he been to hell this time? Like 4? Motherfucker needs a vacation already.
>>
>>337660776
I think so. New Order really fell off toward the middle.

>>337660923
>The New Order is the best heavily story-based FPS I've played in a long time

Define long time because Metro Last Light (way more than 2033 or redux) was a phenomenal game with an interesting story. If you have no played it, you should treat yourself.
>>
>>337665589
I have Metro Last light and 2033 remastered for Xbone.
Haven't played yet
>>
File: 1462792398069.png (411 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1462792398069.png
411 KB, 640x480
>>337665589
>Last Light better than 2033
>>
>>337665336
>>337665357
>implying you can have all the upgrades and runes at once
They turned everything on just to showcase moves
Its obvious its not like that in the game
>>
>>337665206
Wow, he's a big guy
>>
>>337665395

DOOM fan here who loves DOOM 4 - please don't lump us all in with DOOM 3's idiot fans who shit one DOOM 4 just because it isn't "spooky" enough.

DOOM 64 was the real DOOM 3. I look at DOOM 3 as some weird experimental spinoff DOOM game.
>>
File: 1434878072142.jpg (18 KB, 278x211) Image search: [Google]
1434878072142.jpg
18 KB, 278x211
This piece of shit keeps crashing, what the fuck. Performance is fine, runs smooth as butter, but these crashes are outta control.
>>
>>337665697
>Wow, he's a big guy
For Doom
>>
>>337665578
He had a nice nap though, locked in a crypt. It even had some nice writing on the side that basically said do not disturb on it, how thoughtful.
>>
>>337665697
yes
>>
File: 215314412321.png (15 KB, 614x473) Image search: [Google]
215314412321.png
15 KB, 614x473
>>337665682
>>
>>337665793
Literally the sentence you just posted
>movement capabilities
Theyre showcasing what movement looks like with their tech
>>
glory kills feel pretty natural once you're actually playing. people who complain so much about it must be purely watching footage or something.
>>
>So I've only played the first level
>>extremely linear level design, with really no room for exploration

I know this is bait but come on
Kill yourself OP
>>
>>337665578

I have this feeling that he doesn't mind it. I have a feeling that killing demons is all he wants to do.
>>
>>337665876
And how is it different from when I play the game with movement upgrades?
>>
>>337665270
>The original doom just isnt that good, people act like they still play it all the time but lets be real here...You probably dont.
but I do. and I also like the new one.
>>
File: meat.jpg (162 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
meat.jpg
162 KB, 1152x864
>>337664408
>my hands when hexen was such a better game than doom
>>
File: DoomguyDJ.gif (498 KB, 479x299) Image search: [Google]
DoomguyDJ.gif
498 KB, 479x299
Thread Theme:

https://youtu.be/L5KVMnS9zgY
>>
>>337665973
BECAUSE I HATE BETHESDA, LEAVE ME ALONE
>>
>>337661791
problem with that webm is there is no over heal at the start and enemies don't drop armor yet so SUCK ON THAT
>>
>>337666082
>enemies don't drop armor
there's a rune for that
>>
>>337664357

It runs at a nearly flawless 60. What the fuck?
>>
Is it worth a Redbox?
>>
>>337665876
Again, how is this cheating?
You can do this if you played the game
>but they just turned it on for the demo
Yeah, I'd sure love to watch someone play the game from start to finish!
Actually why stop there, just don't buy games and watch streamers all day play it, that way you get the satisfaction of completing the game and not giving money to the Jews!
>>
>>337665939
this
I was extremely skeptical about glory kills when I watched some gameplay but they are pretty good and not flow-breaking at all
>>
>>337664916

It's designed for console, so I don't see why they wouldn't.
>>
>>337666124
Yeah
Multiplayer is pretty skippable but the game itself is fun
>>
>>337665407

Im not saying its bad, Im saying there is WAY too much nostalgia tripping going on around here.
>>
memecard owners, how much am I gonna have to tone down the grafiks at 1080p for 100+fps in singleplayer?
>>
>>337665973
>>337666153
Really?
You can equip runes for an entire level?
>>
>>337660187
>Bethesda E3
>New Hexen/Heretic and Quake get announce
your face when
>>
>>337666105
>yet
>>
File: 1460108309632.jpg (55 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1460108309632.jpg
55 KB, 640x640
>I've only played the tutorial, tell me the game gets better!
>>
>>337666124

It's only worth Redboxing because it's a one-and-done campaign. The MP is absolute trash.
>>
>>337665939

I think what made people hate glory kills is all the official footage has the people using them A LOT, which made morons think that was the only way to play the game. I just beat the game and if I wanted to just run and gun while barely doing any glory kills at all the game didn't punish me for it whatsoever. Glory kills really are optional. Beat it on Ultra-violence btw.
>>
>>337666257
yes, they are like passive perks that are always on once you unlock them but you can only use 3 at a time
>>
File: 1449809950183.jpg (75 KB, 610x611) Image search: [Google]
1449809950183.jpg
75 KB, 610x611
soundtrack when
>>
>>337660947
>An ancient good awakens.

I didn't know how much I wanted this until I you said it. Are there any other games that do this?
>>
>>337665670

I liked it, although I like Redux a lot better than the original 2033 so they might be on par with each other, now. Something about the original 2033 rubbed me the wrong way, and on top of that it ran like shit when I played it so that also didn't help. Im not saying its bad I just like Last Light A LOT.
>>
>>337666257
Yes
>>
>>337665727
>have to run it on medium
>40-60 frames, usually 40
>never crashed

PC gaming is torture. Ill trade my lack of crashes for your performance
>>
>>337663896
>wait 3 hours
>any FF title has a 19 hour bullshit beginning
>b-b-but it's different

This board is so autistic it hurts
>>
So the game is over hyped shit? Fuck
>>
Does the game have archviles? If so, what do they look like?
>>
>>337663007
>>337665395
>people hating on the new installment of a game and claiming last game was better

Welcome to /v/ I can see it's your first time would you like a tour?
>>
>>337665095
A QTE means something that has to be timed to a prompt the game gives you. The kills in doom are completely user initiated, you only need to be in range and the enemy needs to be stunned/in low health.
>>
>>337666514
Which ones?
>>
>>337666523
>some guy spouting memes enters a dead thread

It wasn't over hyped, there was no hype at all for the game. Nobody liked the beta, and that left a sour taste of what's to come. But the single player campaign made up for what the multiplayer was lacking.
>>
>>337666242
I have everything on Ultra but capped my framerate to 60 and it never dips.

I can check though, gimme a sec.
>>
>>337666476
post speccy
>>
>>337660947
>The plot is literally: An ancient good (you) has awoken.
I thought was pretty fun. I expected this to go down like another reboot a la Doom 3 where you are just a silent marine from that base but then you are some kind of ancient immortal warrior who swore vengeance on hell or something
>>
>>337666680

Too lazy to speccy but i've only got an i5 2500k (overclocked to 4ghz i think) with a 7850, also overclocked. I need an upgrade pretty bad.
>>
>>337666645
Memester you sound salty
>>
>>337666363
it wasn't that they were being used a lot, it was that they were slow as molasses, they took so long to do and they felt really canned.
Now that they sped them up dramatically it's not so bad.
>>
So tell me about Doomguy. As I understand it he's was just a guy who started killing demons and wouldn't stop. He kept topping the impossible and a seraphim decided to give him some armor. He fucked up the demons so bad they couldn't kill him but they were able to trap him. So why was he the only guy with guns? Everyone else had armor sword.
>>
File: 1404507131571.png (60 KB, 413x451) Image search: [Google]
1404507131571.png
60 KB, 413x451
>>337660187
>WHY IS THIS TUTORIAL LEVEL SO EASY AND LINEAR
>AT DOOMS GATE JUST PLAYED, WHAT FUCKING FANSERVICING HACKS
>WHY ARE THERE CHECKPOINTS IN THIS FIRST PERSON SHOOTER WHERE ITS EASY TO DIE

Kill yourself
>>
>>337660187
its fun dumbass. its exactly like the old doom. you fucking nostalgia fags are the reason why devs are giving up
>>
>>337666813
>>337666363
Or how about, you know. The option to turn off that garbage? Also disable tech tree cancer? Can these be done?
>>
>>337666942
you can turn off the highlights if they bother you so much

and I guess you can just not upgrade your weapons?
>>
File: 1408830778246.png (116 KB, 475x408) Image search: [Google]
1408830778246.png
116 KB, 475x408
>>337666942
You want an option to turn off something thats already optional?

>tech tree cancer
Look at me mother! I'm a member of /v/!
>>
>>337666975
So the game is not balanced at all? You know how you use to upgradecweapons? You get a bigger gun. Fuck off you fuvking faggot.
>>
>>337666476
>>337666680
How much RAM do you have? Everyone I know (including my brother) says they get crashes occasionally, but I've never gotten any. The only major difference system I can figure is that I have a shitload of RAM (32GB)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.