[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many people pretend they are long time Doom fans? 90%
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 640x812) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 640x812
Why do so many people pretend they are long time Doom fans? 90% of people playing the new Doom have never ever played the original one.
>>
File: 1462583746129.jpg (395 KB, 1314x860) Image search: [Google]
1462583746129.jpg
395 KB, 1314x860
Why is your retard senses tingling over a review?
>>
people are cunts
stop caring
>>
>>337659967
Varg did nothing wrong.
>>
>>337659967
>vikings: literally 1000 years ago
>other picture: literally today
hmmm
>>
>>337659662
I played the living shit out of the two Doom games that are actually Doom games. "Doom" 3 held my interest for the demo and I never bothered. I won't touch this new piece of shit just because someone slapped a classic title onto it.
>>
>>337659662
I don't know if you know this, but there was once a time when Doom was installed on more computers than Windows was. Doom was singlehandedly responsible for a massive drop in productivity in 1993. Just about anyone who was alive then and who had access to a computer probably played the original Doom at some point.
>>
>>337659662
What constitutes "so many people". Millions of people played doom in the 90's.
>>
>>337659662
I've finished Doom 1, 2 and 64 last week. D44M is awesome.
>>
>>337662210
>I won't touch this new piece of shit just because someone slapped a classic title onto it.
The new doom looks pretty awesome.
>>
File: 739.jpg (250 KB, 2500x2774) Image search: [Google]
739.jpg
250 KB, 2500x2774
>>337659662
>pure FPS game with nice secrets and updates
>>
>>337659662
Cuz.
>>
>>337659662
Probably because if there's gamers hate people who haven't played video games as long as them? I assume a lot of them are just covering their bases to prevent an Inquisition from kicking in their door and declaring they can't enjoy/play this game because they never played the original Doom.

Personally I feel like it's pretty silly. It's fine if this is your first Doom and there's no requirement to play the first two. If you never played it when it first came out it's going to feel terribly dated now and you're probably going to have a bad time. Likewise, there's no need for a witch hunt to try and find "casuals" or "normies". Playing the original Doom as a kid doesn't make you special. You don't see people getting precious about playing the original Super Mario and getting mad at anyone who is playing the latest one as their first Mario game.
>>
>>337671606
>If you never played it when it first came out it's going to feel terribly dated now and you're probably going to have a bad time
Objectively wrong, I just played it for the first time two years ago and loved it.
>>
I dont know whats going on with /v/ anymore, now they like garbage like CoD, Overwatch and the new Doom
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.