[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a Final Fantasy XIV thread. In it, we talk about Fi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1454565170147.jpg (110 KB, 600x643) Image search: [Google]
1454565170147.jpg
110 KB, 600x643
This is a Final Fantasy XIV thread.

In it, we talk about Final Fantasy XIV.

Have you looked into the new Final Fantasy Tactics-esque Deep Dungeon format being introduced in 3.35?

http://ffxivrealm.com/threads/the-palace-of-the-dead-new-dungeon-type-coming-in-patch-3-35.15774/
>The leveling system will be entirely separate from the main game, and item level does not work. That way, everyone can participate in the content together no matter of their level or gear progression. The dungeon will have many floors that will get more difficult as you descend, and each floor will be slightly different each time you enter. Some floors, for example, will restrict the use of magic and there will also be a multitude of bosses waiting for you.
>>
buy-to-play version when?
>>
Dead on arrival.
>>
File: 1453698529480.jpg (59 KB, 469x480) Image search: [Google]
1453698529480.jpg
59 KB, 469x480
>>337658052
>wowfags getting cucked
I bet you can't wait for Legion™
>>
>>337658180
I never played WoW.
It's going to be as unfun and tedious as Diadumb.
>>
>>337658259
Diadem is great
for gathering
>>
>>337658259
Diadem was a good concept, just poorly executed. The idea was brand new and they're going to be fixing it.

FFXIV has a shit load more going for it than your favorite game.
>>
File: never ever.jpg (142 KB, 1125x1500) Image search: [Google]
never ever.jpg
142 KB, 1125x1500
>>337658412
It's nothing new to dungeon crawlers, but they are going to fuck it up. Everything after 3.0 has been awful.
>>
File: 1459402210200.jpg (26 KB, 343x408) Image search: [Google]
1459402210200.jpg
26 KB, 343x408
>actually got in a Labyrinth of the Ancients run at 2 AM
>>
>>337658918
you can get a relic upgrade thing from doing the 3 raids so thats why people are doing it now
>>
I've been consistently disappointed after 3.0.

The fact that they no longer properly playtest their raids have pretty much destroyed them and a lot of my friends left because of it. I guess the looming threat of failure being gone now has made the entire team lazy and shitty.
>>
Does this game has anything good going for it aside from the story? Is it worth subbing if im going to speed click through all the dialouge because story is literaly the least important thing in an MMO?
>>
>>337659406
Yeah, I just can never seem to get a group for one outside of peak times. Nobody likes sitting in queue for that long in this game because you can't do jack shit while waiting in queue.
>>
My friends wanted me to renew and I was so bored without Overwatch that I did. Is there any timeframe for 3.3 at all? Even an educated guess? Fuck, the game is boring right now.
>>
>>337660930
No
>>
>>337660930
>>337660930
Don't listen to the above poster.

As a single player game, if you actually enjoy the story, it's pretty great. Once you get to endgame, however, it's standard MMOfare. You mostly indulge in menial tasks until raid time or whatever group events you have planned.

Game is pretty solid for just logging on to do some quickly daily tasks and a dungeon or two, though. You don't need to put a lot of time into the game to stay current after a certain point.
>>
I want to fuck a lalafell
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.