[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/. I'm looking for a certain game that is sort of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: Fable_II.jpg (32 KB, 256x325) Image search: [Google]
Fable_II.jpg
32 KB, 256x325
Hey /v/.
I'm looking for a certain game that is sort of like fable and mass effect.
it's set in like the 1800's france or something and you play ass a female, who's out for revenge for the death of her husband if i remember correctly, i only played it once at a friends house and i can't remember the name.
>>
Any other details?

I'm drawing a blank.
>>
Kinda sounds like Fable 3 actually, though I'm not sure.
>>
>>337656162
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqnVpAyWiP0

Sounds like fable 3.

In the beginning of the game, if you choose either female or male.

You get a friend that's male if your a female and female if your a male

The choice is that you can kill a bunch of random villagers or her.

She's really useful in the plot as someone explains it.

Random villagers had it coming.
>>
>>337656880
it's really fuzzy for me to remember but i remember that she and her husband or boyfriend got killed by raiders and she somehow got revived by magic or something, the game has alot of fable aspects likes choices and good and evil growth, magic swords,
she wore a white frilly blouse like a pirate when you started playning
>>
>>337657260
it wasn't fable 3, you could only play as a female
>>
>>337657307
http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Elise
>>
>>337657418

it's not fable
>>
>>337657260
>She's really useful in the plot

Not for nothing, but didn't she/he show up like once after that?
>>
>>337657794
im pretty sure the game youre thinking of is fable
>>
>>337657883
yeah it's probably fable
>>
File: 1438731641638.png (79 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
1438731641638.png
79 KB, 291x343
>>337656162
>Game cover man of fable 2 looks like an alpha
>Game gives us retard

Still salty about it
>>
File: Do you harm.jpg (58 KB, 640x346) Image search: [Google]
Do you harm.jpg
58 KB, 640x346
>Female protagonist
>Historic Europe
>Dead family
Pretty sure I'm off-base, but the only games I can vaguely think of are survival horror titles.

Like Rule of Rose, or Clock Tower.
>>
>>337658048
>>337658048
What sucks about fable 2 is that it's such a depressing game.
hell! we didn't even get a final boss fight.
>>
>>337657307
i think the woman was also a gypsy
>>
>>337658491
if Guild Wars 2 taught me anything, it's that no final boss is better than a shitty final boss
>>
File: Contrast.jpg (124 KB, 736x1062) Image search: [Google]
Contrast.jpg
124 KB, 736x1062
Contrast....?
>>
Venettica?
>>
File: Ciri-The-Witcher-3.jpg (79 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
Ciri-The-Witcher-3.jpg
79 KB, 700x350
>>337657307
>magic
>moral choices
>swords
>white blouse

Anything involving the Witcher series?
>>
>>337658838
no! because we were given a shitty final boss, all you had to day was show a stupid music box to defeat him.
you could just wait there for hours watching lord lucien suck the energy out of the other heroes and nothing would happen.
and you do defeat him you can just kill him there or listen to him monologue, and even if you do listen to him he just gets shot by reaver.
>>
>>337659242
>Venettica
Yes! this is the game i've been looking for, thanks!
>>
>>337659373
and yet it's still better than Guild Wars 2's final boss
>>
You know, the franchise could have been so much popular if Lionhead Studios did not fuck us with limited weapons per world in Fable 3. Like, seriously. Fable 2 had dolls that were limited. What the fuck is with the WEAPONS THEMSELVES
The game is also too multiplayer-based, with certain demon doors and shit being acquired by going Xbox Live. Why the fuck do I need a co-op player to open a fucking door
>>
>>337659482
no fuck that shit dude.
i wanted to fight lord lucien and make him suffer, not have him bitch and get killed all comically.
i wanted kill him in an epic battle, that's what i wanted.
he killed your sister, your dog, your family, and then when you get to kill him, it lead to one of the most unsatisfying, disappointing and anticlimactic endings in all of video games.
not even the dlc is forgivable.
And lets be honest the choices you ar giving in the end are complete shit, the family choice is shit if you don't care about your family or even made a family in the first place or at least want your dog back, but you could now get your dog back in the dlc, and if want money you could always do the change year date glitch, so the middle choice is the obvious.
peter molyneux is a fucking quack
>>
>>337660553
>What the fuck is with the WEAPONS THEMSELVES
what you mean? like what's the story behind them?
>>
>>337660850
and yet

AND YET

after all that

it is STILL better than Guild Wars 2's final boss
>ok go through an hour and a half dungeon
>half of that is sitting on a slow-moving airship doing nothing
>ok now get on ANOTHER airship
>now sit on a cannon and press 2 for 15 minutes
>congratulations you have defeated a primal force of nature that we've been building up for a game and a half
>>
>>337661032
there's only a limited number of opportunities to get unique weapons in the game, and it's less than the total number of unique weapons, so you need to go into other people's worlds to get every weapon
>>
File: 1459051134800.jpg (48 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1459051134800.jpg
48 KB, 490x490
>>337660850
>>337661052
Maybe you're both right anons.
>>
>>337656162
Fable II was actually a good game. I'm not sure why /v/ shits on it.
>>
>>337661052
i don't care dude, i never played guild wars 2.
to you and many others who played it, can say that, but i never did, so i don't know your pain.
>>
>>337661213
It had a fantastic opening scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_Srq7PORC8
>>
Is it true that Fable II >>> Fable III?
>>
>>337661395

Fable 2 was amazing just for the setting and atmosphere. I loved exploring in that game.
>>
>>337660850
To be fair, with the way Lucien was characterized in the end, I could see why they didn't go for a grand epic battle with him.

Not to say they couldn't have had some alternative climactic confrontation with another threat, but the whole pitiable one-shot kill kind of fit Lucien's story.

And the revival option's obviously the good ending, but it doesn't lead to much other than a thank you letter.

I ended up taking the family choice, to see if I could bring back the protagonist's sister. I was disappointed you receive a letter for that to, rather than actually see her, but there's something about the way it's written that easily make it the most interesting choice.
>>
>>337661213
>I'm not sure why /v/ shits on it
this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wogdt-T9fqQ.
>>
>>337659440
>>337659242
>never heard of it
>look it up
>looks like it could be either generic shit or mitebcool
Protag is kind of cute, looks like Lara Croft cosplaying at a Renfair.
>>
>>337661458
I don't think Fable 3 was quite as bad as people made it out to be. But I don't think it has the same charm of its predecessor.

The humor feels a bit more slapstick than the dark/dry humor of Fable 2. And the final act of the game feels more rushed than the first.
>>
>>337661213
It had its flaws, but I enjoyed Fable 2 well enough. It had a nice atmosphere and sense of dry humor to it that I appreciated.
>>
>>337661602
oh yeah, i forgot about the letter from rose.
regardless dude, it still sucks. i wanted to kill lucien, and the only thing thing that would make me happier than killing lucien, it's killing reaver.
>>
>>337662097
I was waiting for Reaver to return as a boss in Fable 3.

I think it'd be a funny running joke for the series to keep bringing him back throughout the ages, but I was still waiting to put a bullet in him after the things that he's done.
>>
>>337661838
The way Fable was kneejerked then suddenly went down as an amazing game leads me to believe most of the hate is just a long lasting case of kneejerk
>>
>>337657863
yes, but you get the chance to marry her, then she pops out your children
>>
>>337658491
I didnt mind the ending, I thouht it was funny actually
>>
>>337656162
I just finished Venetica, combat is very casual, but overall i liked it.
Scarlett is cute.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.