[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who do you think will leave the console market first? my money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: sonynintendomicrosoft.jpg (62 KB, 600x265) Image search: [Google]
sonynintendomicrosoft.jpg
62 KB, 600x265
who do you think will leave the console market first? my money is on microsoft
>>
>>337655293
Microsoft, if by "leaving the console industry" you mean "integrating the XBOX One console and Windows 10 into two interchangeable facets of the same ecosystem".
>>
>>337655293
It wouldn't be that crazy to think that microsoft would leave the console market to focus on pc gaming with W10.
>>
>>337655592
if Microsoft leaves the race. thing will turn for the worst. as Sony will become a semi monopoly. and we all know how sony behaves when they "are winning"
>>
>>337655293
desu I forgot xbox was a thing. Surprised I even regarded Nintendo. Mostly nostalgia for that.
>>
>>337655730

They produce amazing shit? The PS2 was fucking incredible and bar-none the best console of all time with so many fucking amazing exclusives I can't even list them all.
>>
>>337655804
yeah it was and sony got cocky and look what happened to the ps3 launch
>>
>>337655804
That had more to do with the era of game design and publishing than with Sony's direct action.
>>
>>337655293
That's too obvious since the 360 was their fluke. The only ones thinking Xbox was worth a damn were them.
>>
>>337655804
>implying sony actually produced any of those games
>>
>>337655730
>and we all know how sony behaves when they "are winning"

Yeah the PS1 and PS2 totally was a shit time to be alive lmao
>>
>>337656083
doesnt take a genius to figure out hes talking about the ps3
>>
>>337655804

Having only 2 controller ports made PS2 appear really weak to me back then.
>>
>>337656150
They were still winning with the PS1 and PS2.
>>
>>337656239
they didnt start dominating until ps2 era
>>
>>337656342
Lol
>>
>microsoft leaves and focuses on pc gaming
>sony goes bankrupt because everything that isnt playstation is losing money
>nintendo goes to mobile

and that will be the death of consoles unless samsung or some other non vidya company starts making them
>>
>>337656342
>they didnt start dominating until ps2 era

they literally entered the console market blind and BTFO the biggest console giant in the industry in a single move.

They were dominating, even if the PS3 was a result of too much ahmbhition, it ended up with a good library in the end
>>
>>337655804
>They produce amazing shit?
>Early PS3
>VITA
>Now PS4.5
>>
>>337656791
look at the numbers they didnt have a majority of the console market shares until the ps2
>>
>>337655804
>They produce amazing shit?
>launch ps1 had trouble reading discs
>launch ps2 had disc reading errors
>ps3 was ridiculously hard to program for
>launch ps4s had trouble turning on
>psp used umds
>vita uses propriety memory cards
>sony in charge of making hardware
>>
>>337656083
Uh no? The ps1 and ps2 were fucking great. That was when they didn't focus on shitty jrpg's and made tons of genres. They had all the platformers, adventure, shooters,
>>
>>337656892
>PS4.5

Given the PS4's reputation, that's probably still going to sell very well. Unlike Nintendo, Sony has an advertisement division that isn't in La-La-Land, so it'll appeal to consumer desires to have the latest, shiniest thing. People will double-dip because they want to play their Call of Duty/Madden/Battlefield/Assassin's Creed at the best resolution the console can output, and unlike the people who visit boards like this, they won't give enough of a shit about the industry as a whole to be angry at the prospect of double-dipping.
>>
>>337657141
he was being sarcastic dumbass
>>
>>337657183
>People will double-dip because they want to play their Call of Duty/Madden/Battlefield/Assassin's Creed at the best resolution the console can output

Some may but the PS4.5 I feel is largely targeted toward new adopters and for them to violently expand their installbase. I have a launch model PS4 and I buy consoles because they're cheap and will be supported for a long time, I dont feel the need to buy another one so soon and many toher will feel the same I think
>>
>>337657898
>new adopters
adopters of what? if anything since mobiles the overall userbase of gamers should have reduced. gaming already went main stream on PS2 and full dudebro on PS3, 8th gen have provided nothing to bring a new generation or demography into vidya
>>
>>337655437
Xbox will probably eventually become just a really stripped down gaming PC that only plays Xbox-branded discs and games from the Microsoft Store. For those of us with not shit taste, we'll keep using Steam, GOG, etc.

I think in terms of who will actually leave the console market first though, it will be Nintendo, especially if NX is a failure (which I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of). Sony will likely change their market strategy somewhat like Microsoft is likely going to do, except in their case I think they will drop the idea of traditional console generations in favor of iterative updates like how the iPhone ecosystem works. In the long run it may be for the best, because that would mean backwards compatibility is no longer an issue, although it could mean the end of game discs.
>>
File: 1436787032040.png (107 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1436787032040.png
107 KB, 320x287
>>337655293
>my money is on microsoft

Tfw when this dumb shit is still being said. How many years now since Microsoft entered the console space back in 2003 are autist gonna repeat this?
>>
>>337659914
>only 2003
Nintendo been dealing with this crap since 89'
>>
>>337659914
great rebuttal
>>
>>337659797
Both PS4 and Xbox One already are x86 stripped down gaming pcs.
>>
This PS4.5 thing made me just want to get a pc good enough to emulate everything up to PS2. I don't think games age so I'll be set.
>>
>>337655293
MS will quit console hardware but they'll still keep forcing themselves on PC gaming like they always do.
>>
>>337659797

Sony lost 2.8 billion dollars and counting due in part to its games division.

Nintendo has not seen a loss of that kind so i think they'll be fine.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.