[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people think movies as video games are a trend that just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Night_Trap_Cover.jpg (33 KB, 246x350) Image search: [Google]
Night_Trap_Cover.jpg
33 KB, 246x350
>people think movies as video games are a trend that just started over the last few years
Please
>>
File: 20160515_005122.png (862 KB, 1440x1030) Image search: [Google]
20160515_005122.png
862 KB, 1440x1030
Let me say for the record, I want to state that Night Trap will never appear on a Nintendo System.
>>
>>337653969
What was so innapropriate about that scene that got it in such hot water? Was it the 4 vampires ganging up on her dragging her off as they pierced her neck with that weird blood sucking machine?
>>
>>337653537
You have to remember, This website now has a large portion of it's userbase who weren't even alive when the original Doom came out.

The amount of ignorance going around about early 90s gaming is astonishing and will only get worse as time goes on,
>>
>>337654216
Damn man, you have have a point. Almost makes you want to just stay locked up in /vr/ and never come out.
>>
>>337654216
Sad truth right here.
>>
>>
>>337654198
Idiots getting swept up and campaigning against something without actually knowing what it contained.

Just look at Hatred or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx4ixXQFUQY
>>
Novel concept for a game, neat idea about the interactive movie, terrible exicution. There is no way to beat this game without playing it hundreds of times or reading a guide.
>>
>>337654481
>if you watch the opening scene you've already failed to stop like 25 vampire monsters
>>
sega cd was actually a neat idea at the time too bad it was plagued by shitty fucking fmv games
>>
>>337654636
THIS
if you watch the plot, you will lose. If you focus the vampires, you will also lose because you miss the security code changes. This game was designed to be replayed thousands of times. I'd downright say it's artificial difficulty at its finest.
>>
File: corpse_killer.jpg (26 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
corpse_killer.jpg
26 KB, 540x405
It actually amazes me that with games like Quantum Break (there were a few before it too), we are back into the "movie games" swing of things.

What's funnier is that game journos like to blast the era of shitty FMV games but will suck the cocks of these new games because they know where their paycheck is coming from.
>>
>>337655578
They're just cutscenes. It isn't like Night Trap at all.
>>
Has there ever been another videogame with significant live action scenes used?
>>
>>337654442
I played Hatred and I must say that it should have been banned for the shitty gameplay alone.
>>
>>337656306
That CCTV footage indie game on steam.
No idea what it's called. Jane's Story or something pretentious.
>>
>>337656449
Her Story
http://store.steampowered.com/app/368370/
>>
>>337656306
Other than Night Trap? There was an entire fad of shitty FMV games that lasted for years. Sega CD was chock full of them. Some of them crept onto the PS1 and Saturn as well.

There were also some legit great FMV adventure games like Gabriel Knight and 7th Guest on PC.
>>
>>337654198

There was just groups against videogame violence. They didn't really care about game, just to bitch and bulky the industry.

Ironically, games are more realistic and violent today than ever.
>>
>>337656306
Flashback
Mortal Kombat
Prince of Persia
Another World
>>
>>337654216
This. Fucking children all over this goddamn board.

I bet oldfags were saying the same things when I was shitting up this place in 2008 as a 16 year old.
>>
>>337656429
That's the thing, it was a trash game which would have been overlooked. But since the Helen Lovejoys latched on to it without realising that it wasn't any more offensive than GTA, it ended up getting far more attention than it deserved.

The mental gymnastics these types did to try and explain their reasoning for banning Hatred over GTA was pretty entertaining to watch though.
>>
>>337653969
Nintendo are straight busters when this happened
>>
>>337654216
While true, they're still not the majority of /v/.

I've been here since 2006 and I'd say the average age of /v/ is actually slightly older than it used to be. Roughly 23 I'd say. Most teens don't care about this place today or when know it's exists.

Our biggest problem is not that we have too many underaged, it's that we have too many grown adults that ACT underaged... which is worse I guess.
>>
>>337658830
yeah I'd recently watched the Senate hearings on video game violence and it's funny to see Nintendo via Howard Lincoln just throw Sega under the bus
>>
>>337658668
At the same time, watching edgelords shill the game on /v/ in direct response to the media backlash was entertaining in it's own right. The mental gymnastics they would go through to try to prove it was a good game were fucking hilarious, and theyall but disappeared once the game was released and everyone could see how shit it was and the recently implemented steam refunds ate into the game's sales.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.