[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PvP dark souls stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 99
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 1024x576
Do you fags always bow before you fight? Or do you just go straight for it?

Also what are some amazing fights you have put up?
>>
no bow from them and I I'll chug
>>
If they bow I bow or wave, otherwise fuck it
>>
>>337653223

Mostly just go straight for it, back when emotes couldn't be cancelled baiting bows and going in for a hornet ring backstab was fun.
>>
I kick people who gesture, back up to let them recover, then start fighting.
>>
>>337653223
I bow if the host doesn't show immediate aggression. If I get a bow back I'll hold back on the estus unless the host drinks one.

Invaded a nimble little shit one time ( was a slower greatsword user) that only ran away unless he had a guaranteed opening. He had a white summon and a blueberry when I invaded, but I was able to dispatch them with an ambush. The host was much more cautious and would not engage with me at all. I was able to bait a couple counter attacks which I made him pay for, but after that he just jumped around me. He didn't run away, just ran or rolled out of my reach when ever I tried to attack and he must have had that ring that increases i-frames because I couldn't get a solid hit on the guy. Two more blues showed up and the host was able to summon a sunbro, but I persevered, the invasion was already over an hour now. I had run out of estus after taking out all the other phantoms and was now just using the gentle prayer from my chime to keep me healed. I got a break when another red phantom invaded and we both attacked the host, but he was a greatsword user as well and the host was doing a great job of dodging everything. The other invader must have had enough of the host's bullshit because he turned on me and I had to take him out. After I had killed him the host and I continued our dance until around the two hour mark he disconnected.
>>
This happened today. Been reposting it. I'll type up some others.I have shitloads of cool stories. This is among the best though.
>Playing my Ninja twink at Undead Settlement
>Invade this guy
>He has a sunbro using a password with him
>Nameless King Helm etc, so I know he's probably strong.
>Snipe with Obscuring Ring and idle around for awhile
>Blue Sentinel is called by never mans up to come after me
>Host sends him home
>Uses Seed of the Tree of Giants
>I kill the two nearby Workers without taking a hit
>Refuse to come after them
>Eventually I get bored so I decide to go see what they're doing to bug them with more obscuring sniper nonsens
>ITS A FUCKING ITEM TRANSFER IN PROGRESS
>SHITLOADS OF WEAPONS AND GEAR ON THE GROUND FOR THE TAKING
>RUSH THE FUCK OUT
>GRAB A FIRELINK GREATSWORD +1
>RUN BACK TO MY HIDEY HOLE
>EQUIP THE GREATSWORD AND GO TAUNT THEM
>SUNBRO RAGES THE FUCK OUT AND CHASES ME
> I COMMIT SUICIDE VIA POWDERKEG EXPLOSION
>HE NEARLY DIES IN THE BLAST

Firelink Greatsword. You have to beat the whole game to get one. That's a pretty heavy blow to deal.
>>
>>337655285
Why is that?
>>
>Launch Week
>Grapejuice time at Lothric
>Hapless noobs summon me
>Lead them to the first Bonfire
>Backstab them and murder them before they can light it.
Did it a dozen times. Super fun.
>>
>Invade Crucifixion Woods
>There's a host and two guys
>manage to kill one of his friends
>I'm super low on estus
>his remaining ally is very skilled and hard to punish
>run off and go down into Farron Keep
>Leave a trail of prism gems that leads to the Old Wolf and that ladder etc
>Host climbs the ladder eventually
>I'm at the top in chameleon
>twohanding my crossbow
>use it's "tackle" weapon art
>knock him right off the tower
>he dies
>slide down the ladder
>chase the host down
>lloyd talisman that motherfucker and shred him
>>
>>337655553
Damn, savage
>>
>>337655472
Because I don't like gesturing but I don't want to take a cheap shot.
>>
>>337655827
Sorry, it was the skilled phantom who got tackled off the tower. My bad.

>>337655847
Another super tricky move was to lead them to the mimic chest with the deep battle axe and trigger the chest. If you're standing side by side, it will eat both of you when you open it. otherwise, triggering it and tag teaming them with the mimic was always good too.
>>
I usually use the hello carving then bow if they do, then generally kick their ass with the dragonslayer armor great axe, love that thing feels wonderful getting an L2 off on them
>>
>>337653872
you're the second most fun to kill
>>
>>337655553
I would always let them light it and then kill them. I'm a nice guy and helped you out but I'm still gonna get my shackle.
>>
>Wear Silvercat Ring
>cut down the rope bridge at Carthus while standing near the Wolnir side
>climb back up the "ladder"
>watch idiots try to kill you and fall off the edge instead
They always button mash too early and just walk right off. If they knock you off, you won't get hurt, so it's a pretty safe spot.
>>
>>337653223
This one time I fought a guy using a Dark Sword.
>>
>End up with 3 dark spirits searching Farron Keep for me
>find a really good corner to sit down at
>use the sleep gesture with an ember at my feet
>eventually an invader finds me
>takes the ember
>bows
>black crystals out
>less than 30 seconds later, the other two go home too
He messaged me later asking how it played out.
>>
I'll usually just go straight for it, but if they can somehow get the message across that they want to do some honorfagging, I'll do the same unless I see some funny shit that they're trying to pull on me.
>>
>>337656119
>invade in catacombs
>guy and his two phantoms
>they start chasing me
>run away
>they follow me to rope bridge
>they cut it down as I run across
>get to other side in time
>wave at them as they get ass raped from behind by the 25 skellies that just woke up
>>
One time I invaded a guy in undead settlement called Running Man and fucking christ did he run and run, he was near the second bonfire and we ran through the whole level then he entered the boss area and I glitched and didnt leave, we ran around the area once more then after a bit of waiting in the boss area again he let me kill him
>>
>invade pontiff bonfire
>find a 2v3 standoff
>teams are gesturing at each other
>Sneak up behind them and gesture at them
>both of them acknowledge me
>it's 3v3 now
>I'm a thief build
>I manage to sneak behind the host's team
>Obscuring Ring and Slumbering Dragon Ring
>Host is buffing his sword
>backstab him with hornet ring
>Everything descends into chaos
>toss a few lloyd talismans at the clusterfuck
>host dies in the ensuing chaos.
The best.
>>
File: 55746834_p0.png (1 MB, 1280x1071) Image search: [Google]
55746834_p0.png
1 MB, 1280x1071
I would bow, but all invasions are gank squad or people summoning
>invade
>see the summoning message as I enter
>host act all innocent and want to duel before other guy show up
Lolno
>>
File: FOND.jpg (31 KB, 279x339) Image search: [Google]
FOND.jpg
31 KB, 279x339
>>337655439
here's your (you) because that's pretty fucking great
>>
>get invaded
>dude ninja flipping in full havel+greatshield+greatsword
>faster than fastest man
>starts taunting
>then shoots millions of billions magic arrows
>i die
>tell him he is hacker and loser
>he says hes not
>google his username
>found his name on site with dark souls hacks
xD
>>
File: 1463006371515.png (536 KB, 422x1384) Image search: [Google]
1463006371515.png
536 KB, 422x1384
I try to parry people, but they always survive. Are there weapons that do more than 1500 damage with a hornet ring riposte?
>>
>>337653223
>Invade around Anor Londo
>Chase the host around for a bit
>Host runs to Water Reserve ladder
>I don't want to be punched off the ladder so I decide to wait at the top
>Host just sits on the ladder, only coming up to attempt to bait me down
>I don't want to play the hosts game so I use my rest gesture and just wait
>Whenever the host gets bored and tries to attack when he thinks I'm afk I jump out and punish him
>Invasion is already gone on for an hour
>An Aldrich fag gets summoned twice, it's the same guy both times, and he tries spastik attack at the top of the ladder that causes him to fall to his death, does it again the next time.
>Invasion starts approaching the two hour mark when the host finally gets bored enough to fight me
>It's a good fight. I lost.
>red eye orb right back into my next invasion.
>>
>SL 28, +3
>invade undead settlement
>spawn on roof over cliff underside bonfire
>see host run through, seems a bit panicky
>goes into bonfire room, probably tried to warp out
>runs out up the stairs, then drops down the little ledge where the lone thrall imp attacks you
>they stand behind the wall, presumably trying to see where i am
>i'm standing on the roof still, now right over her head
>drop off ledge, do a plunge attack
>host panic rolls and sprints until i finish the job

nothing extraordinary but it's nice knowing i may have popped a cherry
>>
>decide if i'm going to be a piece of shit i might as well fit the theme
>make a character named Cowardly Lenhart
>objective is to be the scumlord of High Lothric
>firebombs, undead hunter talismans, kukris and knives, dung pies
>only fight with the aid of mobs

>host is climbing up ladder to escape halberd champion, plunge attack him as he reaches for the sippy and instantly kill him
>stop a phantom from backstabbing the abyssal monster and get the host killed in the confusion
>taunt constantly and then act like a total coward when confronted

they usually corner me by the boss room, whereupon i get my ass kicked because the bandit knife is not great for group fights
>>
File: 1.jpg (92 KB, 859x1160) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
92 KB, 859x1160
I fucking miss the scraping spear and the dragon bone smasher let me tell you. I feel like Demon's Souls is the only game that nailed the soul of the PVP. It's not meant to be fair, it's meant to be underhanded and scummy, invaders are canonically dickheads and invasions should be something you dread. When I invade I'm there to cheat you out of souls and ruin your day. This means hiding behind enemies, healing, anything I can do to get the upper hand and be an irritating bitch in general.

Honorable duel faggots who take this shit too seriously forced the current paradigm.
>>
>>337657414
You're too high of SL m8

If you want optimal pvp don't go past 60-80

120 feels way too high this time around.
>>
File: Jem.gif (787 KB, 240x174) Image search: [Google]
Jem.gif
787 KB, 240x174
Invading as Aldritch is always funny as fuck.

You can practically smell the host shitting himself in pure anger whenever you fuck up his day.

I especially love hiding on the second floor of the building leading to the archers and then falling down on the host as he runs up the stairs, sword first.
>>
>Friend and myself co-oping before Anal Rodeo 2.0
>Pop Dried Finger because that's how we roll while co-oping
>Three invaders in under a minute
>Friend fights two, while I (host) fight one solo
>Friend manages to kill one, but dies with him
>I'm left alone to fight two Reds on my Sorcerer character
>Neither of them are falling for my Sorc shenanigans
>Somehow holding them off, getting enough chip damage on one to make him use estus
>Friend non-stop blabbering in my ear about trying to re-summon him
>Manage to make one run out of Estus, and a few seconds later, manage to kill him
>The second Red bows to me and puts on the White Phantom ring
>He doesn't attack me and eventually I re-summon my friend
>The three of us proceed to enjoy a half hour of fighting other invaders before I finally get caught out of a bad roll

Geralt of Rivia, you're a real hero.
>>
>>337655439
>caring about one of the worst weapons in the game

???
>>
File: 47055334_p0.png (112 KB, 720x537) Image search: [Google]
47055334_p0.png
112 KB, 720x537
Is luck even worth it to affect bleed?
>>
>>337658261
This.
I'm sitting around lvl50 and my build is pretty much complete. I don't even know what I could put 70 points into if I wanted to go up to lvl120, likely just vigor and endurance which is probably what anon is having a problem with.
>>
>>337655472
I usually run up and punch them.

I like to imagine it gives them a little jolt and I think that's fun.
>>
>>337658261
Why the fuck do people keep saying this?
SL 100 here, I can invade anywhere any any time, even with Darkmoon & Watchdogs
NG+ is a thing folks
Now, I know you PC folks (why the fuck youd wanna play a From game on PC is still beyond me, years after the first of several shitty ports yall got) are a patch behind, I dunno if that makes a difference.
>>
i have a friend who just rushes at people who bow, never swings, just sprints and watches them panic roll

bonus points for when he pulls out smough hammer mid-stride
>>
>>337658576
Bleed is pretty good in DaS3, it's at least viable.
>>
>>337658481
It's not its usefulness, but the shit you have to go through to get it.
>>
>>337658792
Smough/Morne's coming out mid-stride is some scary shit.
>>
>>337658809
Yes, but you even need luck for it or just carthus rouge is enough
>>
>>337658821

Most people have 2-3 characters endgame/NG+/beyond
>>
>>337658730

laughing at your shit fps console babbi
>>
>>337658576
Not as a casual build, Carthus Rouge is better for that. If you go full bleed build with a hollow weapon then the extra bleed proc from luck is icing on the cake.
>>
>>337658730
>SL 100 here, I can invade anywhere any any time, even with Darkmoon & Watchdogs

Getting invasions isn't the issue faggot, it's sl120's being jacks of all trades able to do everything with a metric fuckton of HP which is cancerous combined with the shitty nonpunishing mechanics.

SL120 is the strongest it's ever been and it's a shit ton less fun than sl 50 invasions where everyone isn't god king shithead "fuck your pitiful 1600 damage reposte" 15million sippy abusing gaylords.
>>
>>337658970
And I should care why? This game is the first time ive come to this board in five years, I have a gaming PC (and all three consoles, its called get a job) but Im not stupid enough to play a From game on it when they cant into PC whatsoever
Got bored of console war bait bsck in 09 kiddie
>>
File: 20160425213915_1.jpg (537 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160425213915_1.jpg
537 KB, 1920x1080
The best invasions are when the host and the invader play along.
>>
>>337659156
how do you get all those souls?
>>
>>337658336
You wanna see people get upset? Try the catacombs. They try so fucking hard to live, even when they're mere feet from the bonfire.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT-qu_pfzdQ
>>
I always wave at the start of a fight and the end of a fight.
Best PvP experience was getting invaded by some jackass in Irithyll dungeon who hid amongst the throngs of jailers and mocked me with gestures.
I giant seeded his ass and watched him attempt to scramble away in panic before he eventually got raped to death.
>>
>>337659237

Farming proofs of a concord kept.

Ended up with 2.2 mil after all was said and done.
>>
>>337658970
How's that latest patch treating you?
>>
>>337659046
Well, even slabbed at SL100 I havent experienced any problems killing players or them not having statistical weaknesses
My build is totally haphazard, not minmaxing at all, still no trouble
Personally I dont see the point in going higher SL than regular NG would naturally bring you to, the rings dont seem worth the time investment and any build is good enough to win at that point without needing to reach X hardcap/softcap on every stat you use
I will be going SL120 on the pure mage im working on, so we shall see how that goes.
>>
File: 1456599156366.jpg (206 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1456599156366.jpg
206 KB, 700x700
>see invaders complain about ganksquads
>figured I'd stay embered through every area to give invades that 1vs1 they've been wanting
>stays pretty fun I win some and lose some
>get to the area after Pontiff
>invaded practically every time by two aldritch faithfuls
>get 2vs1'd every time with both invaders abusing the silver knights
>mfw
>>
I hate when people bow because then I feel like I have to bow and I hate having to press select and search for the bow I would rather just get straight to it.
>>
>>337659995
Make it your first gesture
Literally all you have to do is hit select then x
Needless whining, bowing is fun

But if any of you use anything other than duel bow youre a faggot
>>
File: 1450693245591.png (69 KB, 780x900) Image search: [Google]
1450693245591.png
69 KB, 780x900
>>337653223

Gesturing as an invader just makes me angry - if I bother to not be a complete dickhole when I invade, it just means I get a host and his phantom faggot friends who sprint toward and me r1r1r1r1r1r1 until im dead.

Fuck that shit, being ganked and then taunted has made me bitter as fuck. I rush hosts and start the kill - I ain't waiting to get fucked up.

Only time I gesture is when I've been invaded by a single red or a single grape. Chug all my estus at once, and get right to it

I haven't ever had interesting fights except for my first experience summoning a grape
>cathedral
>grape sign right next to creepy spider room
>summon grape
>he bows, and we go after the spider together
>helps me kill it
>afterward, we both stare at each other
>the fight is on!
>after trading blows, its obvious he can't win
>hes down to a sliver with no estus remaining
>ive got two flasks left
>he backs off, bows, and black crystals out
>itwasagoodday.mp3
>>
>>337653223

Level 25 +2 hollow barbed sword full kirks and carthus rouge
Prisoner chain, knight ring, knight slayer, steel protection ring. I also have 7 +10 flasks when invading so I have more than the hosts and heal more than they do. When they run to estus 2 or 3 times for full HP I do the same thing with 1.

Nothing really amazing but it's just so easy with this set up. I think I almost have 1k HP and the rest is into luck. The rings just boost my flat defense a lot so no one does real damage to me. Sometimes I run into the higher end of my range sometimes though. I'll see some guys with dragonarmor axe or lorian's sword and do alot of damage to me.

Even when it's more than one person I can just keep swinging till the bleed builds up and they usually try to back off leaving one person alone. I just run like an idiot at them and R1 spam them to death and if they parry it does no damage at that level. Once I see them parry attempt once I just R1 twice and then do a delayed R2 so they get hit and the bleed procs into death.
If they just block my attacks most of the time their guard breaks after three or four hits and causes bleed to activate.

From made it so much harder to twink but the pseudo 20-25 levels you can get with rings really help out along with flask upgrade not counting towards matchmaking. Plus bleed is just stupid strong. Just learned that there are bleeding bolts so I'll probably try that with avelyn and see how it works since the kukri are kinda slow
>>
Call over master race
>>
>>337660698
Which voice do you think sounds best
Since call over is literally the only time it matters
I like mature male because its the most startling if youre near and host doesnt see you or is so intent on getting his japanese ass killed at the beginning of the catacombs that he doesnt see your gaijin ass trying to direct him to the shortcut drop
Speaking of why are nips so dumv st this game? Ive literslly never fought or co-oped with a good one that didnt use a katana and that doesnt even count because katana
>>
>Summoned outside of pontiff
>Opponent throw a lloyd on me
>The fuck is this nigger doing
>Procceed to duel like normal
>Got him down to little health
>He back off and chug twice
>I give him an applause gesture
>He get mad and make a straight bee line at me
>Parry and instantly killed him
>Give him another applause while circling around
>Got a message afterwards for being a parry spammer
I didn't reply at him but I was laughing my ass off to find someone as pathetic shit like this
>Look up his profile
>Language : English :United States
Oh. Fucking figures.
>>
>>337659995

just spam raising your shield / sword in block to show you're ready to do fight
>>
>Got summoned as sunlight warrior-in-disguise dark spirit outside of pontiff
>Host wave at me and approach with seems like no ill intent
>Doesn't lock on me and doesn't seem to be hostile either
>"Does he not know that I'm a hostile phantom?" is on my mind at the moment
>He points toward the giants and those bald pyromancers
>He runs through them
>I play along with him for a while and backstab him when he let his guard down
>He runs through them
>I notice that he hasn't break the illusory wall to aldrich covenant
>I point toward it to show there is a hidden wall
>He attacks it, show rejoice gesture and drop me a twinkling titanite
>Huh, he seems like a nice guy
>We both go down the ladder
>I got down first
>He seems reluctant to lure the 2 crocs
>I pull out an arrow in order to show him to lure one at a time
>HE FUCKING USE SEED OF GIANT WHEN I WASN'T LOOKING
>I notice the icon quickly and make a run for the ladder
>He is already climbing his way up
>Fucking shoot him with crystal spear
>He fell down
>I climb my way up and see him massacred by the two crocs
I know I was stupid to trust him but not that stupid to not noticing seed of giant icon.
>>
>chilling while watching my little brother play DaS3
>he's fourteen
>for some reason he stopped playing right after finishing undead settlement
>no spends his time helping people with summons
>some guy invade him
>covenant actually summon another guy that stands still
>my brother sends him home
>it's now 1v1
>brother tries to bow
>nigga just goes on spamming R1
>brother parries him with a caestus
>guy dies after a crit and a couple of hits
>adds my brother and send him a wall of text about respect and honour

Fuck, I think I'll never make someone this mad. That was some high level buttblasting.
>>
I'm level 55 with a weapon + 5. I've never had watchdogs of farron ever trigger and I got it at like level 35 weapon +3. What's the deal with it never triggering? I don't even know what the covenant does.
>>
>>337653223
Hoe do I avoid PvP in this game /v/?
I'm not competitive and I find this sort of thing stressful. My hands literally shake when I'm attacked in the DZ in The Division.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (47 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
47 KB, 900x900
>Legion etiquette
>>
>>337662497
Play offline.
>>
>>337662596
Oh, thanks. Do I miss out on anything by playing offline, aside form the PvP?
>>
>>337662656
You can't summon other players but you can still summon NPC.
You might spend some extra 5+ hours of playtime to farm covenant item offline but it's still doable.
>>
>>337662341
>I'm level 55 with a weapon + 5
Found your problem.
>>
File: 1462126223395.jpg (462 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462126223395.jpg
462 KB, 1920x1080
>>337653223
>depends
If its a summon sign invasion, then ill use the "hello" craving or bow. I let them ready up and we go at it. If its a random ass invader that itll do whatever it take to fuck with them. Last invader i had i let him """lead""" me to the group of crabs in smoltering lake. I just popped a seed of the tree of giant and starting taking potshots at him with my bow while he ran for his life
>>
>>337662840
Thanks m8. Got the game arriving in the mail this week, looking forward to it.
>>
>>337662063
Respect and honor...about what? Sounds like your bro did exactly that and is a cool guy for helping blues, seriously fuck farming proofs
>>
>>337658203
What a clever demon!
>>
>>337663038
Forgot to mention that you can't leave a message or see messages left by other player.

Have fun, mate. Make sure to play the game blind for the first time.
>>
File: 1446851332366.gif (325 KB, 157x178) Image search: [Google]
1446851332366.gif
325 KB, 157x178
>>337662505

whats wrong with legion etiquette?
>>
File: Wasnt fucking ready.gif (798 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Wasnt fucking ready.gif
798 KB, 300x225
>Invade some dick hole
>Host teleports to me
>See that shining dagger beckon closer
>Panic Alt+f4
>>
File: file.png (222 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
file.png
222 KB, 480x360
>>337660436
I use Legion Etiquette. It's pretty cool but not insulting.
>>
>>337663423
it's the fedora tipping of dark souls
>>
>>337663423
It's basically the new "Well what is it?"
A super cocky "I probably look so cool right now and am totally erect" gesture.
>>
>>337663423
It's not slav squat that's what's wrong
>>
File: 1445823035850.jpg (21 KB, 256x245) Image search: [Google]
1445823035850.jpg
21 KB, 256x245
>>337663458
>>337663471
>>337663501

Whatever. If I invade someone as Legion, I don't bow, I do the Etiquette. If I kill the host, I etiquette and walk away.

Im a watchdog, thats what watchdogs do
>>
>>337663641
that's what edgy faglords do too
>>
>invade
>3 people
>kill phantoms
>host summons more
>blue comes in
>kill all phantoms
>host rolls and runs until he can summon more
>eventually die
>they gesture

Seems to be a common theme in my invading.
I've uploaded one thing, too lazy to convert to webm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjH4mb9CtA0
>>
>>337663041
Who knows. I remember the guy saying something about having to duel with the blue before him and some shit like that. I honestly hope he was a child 'cause I can't believe there's an adult somewhere who got this mad about a videogame.
>>
>>337663641
*tips fedora*
>>
File: 1459977118336.jpg (148 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1459977118336.jpg
148 KB, 640x480
>>337662505
>applause
>>
File: 1371109833615.jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1371109833615.jpg
36 KB, 500x375
>invade host with a single phantom
>try to bum rush me down
>phantom dies
>host panics and spams
>parry him
>"connection lost, returning to your world"
>>
File: laugh.gif (151 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
151 KB, 500x281
>>337663641
>heh it's whats to be expected of me
>T'was an honor, M'lady
I bet you slow walk too you fucking faggot
>>
File: tumblr_o6uzu7v5nF1sh290co1_500.jpg (82 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6uzu7v5nF1sh290co1_500.jpg
82 KB, 500x500
>>337663674

I guess I'm an edgy faglord then

But at least I don't wear Fallen Knight

>>337663736

its *tips leonhard tricorn*
>>
File: Neat....gif (479 KB, 450x400) Image search: [Google]
Neat....gif
479 KB, 450x400
>>337663786
>It's a "The host disconnects when he runs out of estus" invasion
>>
File: 2016-03-18 10.01.22.jpg (52 KB, 544x509) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-18 10.01.22.jpg
52 KB, 544x509
>>337663785
I forgot:
>quiet resolve
>>
File: Cheeeen.gif (39 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
Cheeeen.gif
39 KB, 230x230
>point down
>>
>THERES'S A FIX FOR DARKMOON ON PC
>BUT NOTHING CAN BE DONE ON CONSOLES

KILL ME NOW. RAGE AND MOAN AND WHINE AT FROMSOFT. THEY NEED TO KNOW.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119111456394/
>>
File: 1463296793667.jpg (641 KB, 950x1905) Image search: [Google]
1463296793667.jpg
641 KB, 950x1905
>>
I've had hosts jump off cliffs or insta disconnect sometimes when I pull out the BKGA. Has my gank raper become the new estoc or am I missing something?
>>
>invade after pontiff
>guy standing there in dragon form with no weapons
>unequip everything
>use dragon torso stone
>dragon fist fight

I like when people aren't all tryhards and actually like to have fun once in a while
>>
>>337663423
Absolutely nothing. Edgy's one of the latest poorly-defined scapegoats and anything that might conceivably fall under that banner is to be stamped out.

Alternatively, dumb fucks hate everything.
>>
>>337662505
I like using the "help me" carving after killing gankers
>>
>>337664103
It stunlocks people into oneshots and has unexplainable hyper armor.
>>
>>337664192
>claims people use edgy as a catch all insult
>calls all said people dumb as a catch all insult
u wot m8?
>>
If I'm invading to invade I murder on sight. I'm invading your ass to murder you unkindly, not for a gentleman's duel. If I'm doing fight clubs or otherwise putting down a sign to be voluntarily summoned in for pvp, then I'll bow.
>>
>>337664336
>>337664103
Fun Fact: Greataxe category has the greatest hyper armor and hit stun more than any other weapon in the game. stuffs great hammers and ultra greatswords.
>>
>>337664308
I use applause if they're gankers. "I'm sorry" if it's a single guy.
>>
>>337664336
If people can't dodge one of the slowest weapons in the game they deserve to die
>>
>>337664170
I remember one time when I was invading the forest in DaS1 I got a host who had a bare fist phantom that kept beckoning, so I swapped to fists and slugged it out with him
Another red invaded and tried to kill the host and I just stood there while the host and his phantom murdered him, then went back to boxing with the phantom
Shit was fun
>>
>>337664416
If you invade just to kill the host as effectively as possible, you're doing it wrong.
I get more fun from with full kirks and no weapons, just rolling. Or obscuring ring and dragonslayer bow. Or killing enemies with environmental hazards.
>>
>beat abyss watchers
>go down the stairs
>get invaded
>thought it was an NPC invader
>he dies pretty quick to me
The fuck was that about
>>
>>337663501
What? "Well what is it?" is still in the game.

>>337663792
>Being too insecure to walk in an RPG
>>
>>337664586
not him, but if you slow walk in a 1v1 or invasion, you're an edgy faggot
>>
File: 1435243582878.gif (495 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1435243582878.gif
495 KB, 500x375
>invade as mad phantom after pontif
>host waves and bows
>runs away
>ambush.jpg
>follow him anyway
>runs to ladder leading to crocodogs
>tentatively follow
>he fires arrow at one, aggroing it
>realise he thinks I'm a friendly phantom
>play along and put shield up facing crocodogs
>hit host, he panics, tries to climb ladder
>kill him on ladder

Felt sort of bad about it, but he was kind of retarded.
>>
File: 1391371037610.jpg (440 KB, 1205x896) Image search: [Google]
1391371037610.jpg
440 KB, 1205x896
>>337663792
>>337664685

I always wanted to do pic related, but missed the glory days of DS1 online
>>
File: 23.gif (684 KB, 245x170) Image search: [Google]
23.gif
684 KB, 245x170
>>337664685
>killed by 4 man ganksquad
>they slowly walk away when they kill you
>>
>>337664781
>wolf ring

RIP
>>
>>337664798
no they just clap or point down. haven't had that happen. I hate the slow walks in 1v1 duels. It's annoying
>>
>>337664685
it's just another way to taunt a host after murdering his phantoms
I mean, it's that or spam taunting emotes.
>>
File: 1451830836510.jpg (24 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1451830836510.jpg
24 KB, 401x372
>>337664798

>killed by 4 man ganksquad
>they point down on your corpse after raping you darksword r1 spam
>>
>>337664848
Poise is your iframe number now dummy, dumb as shit if you ask me
>>
File: Iron Flesh.gif (984 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
Iron Flesh.gif
984 KB, 500x374
>>337664685
>>337663792
>>337664891
i can't help it im going as fast as i can
>>
>>337664091
>shadman
DELETE THIS IMAGE
>>
File: 1446182353397.jpg (346 KB, 1104x1104) Image search: [Google]
1446182353397.jpg
346 KB, 1104x1104
>mfw when I dumped my min/max slash/thrust resist twink armor mishmash for Fallen Knight set
>Stopped doing Welcome and Applause and instead started doing Legion Etiquette
>All the delicious salt and hate mail
>>
>>337664976
iron flesh is acceptable to slow walk lol. people that purposely do it because, "oh i bet he's so scared lol, i look so badass" are the worst
>>
>>337664798

>Killed by 4 man gank squad
>Legion etiquette
>>
>>337655827
>invade
>low on estus
this nigger heals?
wimp
>>
>>337665047
I love punishing people that don't get why im not getting staggered by their weapon combos they specifically do to stagger people and just doing a full charged 2-hand butcher knife R2 on them and taking out 50% hp
>>
>>337662918
>and I got it at 35 + 3
So what's the problem? I've had it so long that I've obviously not been overlevelled this entire time since I first got it, and surely nobody's still progressing around farron swamp area above level 60?
>>
>>337664685
I usually walk to communicate to the host that I'm interested in a civil duel. Its sort of a pre-bow that lets me gauge the other players intentions based on the reaction I get.
>>
> invade
> 4 dudes including host pretend to be a fight club
> as soon as I jump into arena they follow me and gank me
> spam gestures as my body fades away
>>
File: 1388582637532.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1388582637532.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>337665047
>someone with massive weapon
>slow walks towards me
>fuck him up completely
>he rolls and runs/heals and switches to katana or estoc or something
>mfw
>>
>>337658203
this guy gets it
playing with my friends and getting crushed by mages was a riot and terrifying I miss being scared of invasions
>>
File: 1295490026792.jpg (17 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1295490026792.jpg
17 KB, 360x240
>>337665259
>invade
>4 man ganksquad
>run away and hide
>wear full kirks, obscuring ring and dragonslayer greatbow
>spend 20 minutes being an annoying cunt
>>
File: ds3-drifter-knight.jpg (164 KB, 850x1450) Image search: [Google]
ds3-drifter-knight.jpg
164 KB, 850x1450
>>337665042

I like Fallen Knight but its overused

Besides, starting Knight Set is sexy as fuck, and I don't give two shits if its starter armor
>>
>>337665264
lol proceeds to running r1 spam and gets parried right? Same shit happens to me every night
>>
>>337665163

That's why I love perseverance, trading idiots to death never gets old.
>>
>>337653223
No, I usually pull the network cable and keep going doing my business.
>>
>>337658203
You'll love the Japanese then

Japanese thoughts on DS3.

>Giant's Seed overpowered
>Invading a solo host is bad taste,
>Fight clubs are the bottom of the scum,
>Invading a 1v3 that is getting through the area is considered the holy grail.
>Yet they turned massively sour after people using GS)
>Poise working only on hyperarmor frames is praised
>Greatshields are overpowered
>Proof of Concords Kept has become the masochist's home, the grinders share their pains in the forums to ease their suffering. Getting summoned to it is like cheating. Dark spirits are actively encouraged to black crystal out if they get Blue invaded
>Straight swords are overpowered, no real reason to use Ultra variety
>Not a lot of backlash on Estoc
>>
File: tuyULNS.jpg (464 KB, 4385x1140) Image search: [Google]
tuyULNS.jpg
464 KB, 4385x1140
My bud and I have been going through the whole game together, I'm a Hollow Luck/Bleed Build and he is an all-in sorcery build.

Our strat: he (hosting) acts like a retard, swinging his dark sword at the air, rolling away for no reason, etc. I run up alone, and because he hasn't used magic yet they just assume that the host is a coward and making me duel.

People get really freaked out by bleed, so they stop paying attention to him entirely. Then he blasts a buffed up soulspear through my chest for 2000+ damage.

Pur lafs
>>
>>337664934
Poise doesn't do anything. Hyper-armor is the new poise. From is going to have to greatly boost heavy armor absorption in order to fill the hole poise left.
>>
>>337665424
I only use it in PvP, because it's what triggers autists. Not like armor has any bearing on the outcome, since starter armor is all you ever need.
>>
>>337665467

>Dark spirits are actively encouraged to black crystal out if they get Blue invaded

The bastards.
>>
people who use any other emote than bow before and after the fight are immature kids with no manners.
>>
File: 1425113417883.gif (920 KB, 375x260) Image search: [Google]
1425113417883.gif
920 KB, 375x260
>jolly co-op with friend
>smouldering lake, behind the fog wall near the big rat
>warn friend about the basilisks below
>get invaded before we jump down
>see him below, he's beckoning us to come down
>fuck that
>drop seed of a giant, tell friend to use it
>hallway below us turns into Woodstock, gas everywhere
>invader panics and runs
>friend laughs and starts spamming gestures, inching him closer to the ledge
>too close
>host of embers died, returning to your world
>>
File: Steam_2016-05-15_04-48-14.png (73 KB, 780x629) Image search: [Google]
Steam_2016-05-15_04-48-14.png
73 KB, 780x629
I parry baited this one guy and he started this tangent about how I lived in another region outside of the US, and then started making fun of me for some reason. Because I'm a dickhead I kept egging him on until he started sperging out.
>>
>>337665467
Japan is dumb then because poise doesn't work like that. Poise is now the iframe reduction you lose
>>
File: 1462613320487.jpg (98 KB, 1060x852) Image search: [Google]
1462613320487.jpg
98 KB, 1060x852
>>337665467
>Not a lot of backlash on Estoc

Estoc is only OP against shitters who don't bother to remember that their shield is the best defense against it.
>>
Almost everyone who's invaded me so far has been total garbage. I hardly ever did PvP in DaS 1 and I've been handing these idiots their asses with the Butcher's Knife. You people enter my world, slow walk towards me, do some kind of gesture, apply a weapon art or resin, then just suck.

Also, shockingly, every fight so far, it's been the invader who fucking chugs first. All that horse shit about MUH HONOR in DaS 1 was just trying to trick people into not using their estus advantage. So now not only can you use the mobs, lose no souls upon death, and prevent me from continuing onward, but you can just run away and chug-a-lug. It's no wonder people summon a bunch of phantoms when they get invaded.

I'm not even really backstab fishing, I don't have any parry timing at all, and I don't summon randos to help out unless I get invaded by multiple buttfucks. The invaders in this game just seem to blow.
>>
>>337659046
What are you guys saying? SL120 people have only around 1500. It's just the same as being in SL50 where your damage is low as well.

And you can't be a jack of all trades in SL120. It's impossible. I have a DEX/FTH build and I can't do miracle offensive spells. I can only use that build for buffing my weapon.

I really don't know how you guys are able to say that.

SL50 maybe is fun for you because magic does no damage so that means most people are playing a melee build which means it feels "fair" for you people.
>>
>>337665378
See I don't get how you get past the running away part.
The 4 of them have enough stamina to longstab me in the ass
>>
>>337665554
>Implying blueberries know how to PvP
In the 3 times I've set up concord farms for blueberries, only 4 out of 20 blueberries managed to win a fight. Every time I've visited these threads I've seen people with similar experience where in some cases not a single blue ever wins.
>>
Being a "dick" as a summon is far more rewarding. Especially if you kill off any invaders so the host really thinks you're a good guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2l4EE8zouI
>>
>>337665712
1500HP*
>>
>>337665681
That's been proven false
>>
File: 1457018064170.jpg (152 KB, 500x614) Image search: [Google]
1457018064170.jpg
152 KB, 500x614
>that one invader who tries to crash the fight club by rushing the host
>>
>>337665714
Just have to be good with rolling and stamina management, using the terrain to split them.
>>
>>337665703
>Host automatically has 40% hp advantage and double hp
>Expects invaders to be muh honor and leave themselves at the mercy of the host
>Especially since invading a solo host is a once in a blue moon event
>>
>>337665737

I can't argue with that, I once seeded myself with the way of blue to give them some action but they all got slaughtered.
>>
>>337665658
To me you're no different than a sperglord.
The more you talk in this case, the more you lean to losing side.
>>
>>337665681
That repost was 15 days ago. You don't get to say that they are dumb considering that shit you just said was only posted today.

>>337665737
Fucking this. I set up one yesterday and let it run for 3 fucking hours. Only one fucking blueberry won. I mean, really? Goddamn you people suck ass.
>>
>>337665658

Looks like you're the one who sperged out.
>>
File: 49581606_p0.jpg (124 KB, 761x768) Image search: [Google]
49581606_p0.jpg
124 KB, 761x768
>it's a host acting smug when you fell to his 4 vs 1 gank squad episode
>>
I usually just go "HEY!" 9 times out of 10, they do it back. It's quick and annoying.
>>
File: nude tane.gif (1 MB, 400x228) Image search: [Google]
nude tane.gif
1 MB, 400x228
>>337664685
>>337665047
It's behaving like a human being. Not all of us are so unimaginative or jaded by age that we can't role play in an RPG.
You don't walk to be "cool" you walk because it feels appropriate and you haven't yet been reduced to viewing every game as nothing more than it's gameplay mechanics.
>>
What soul level should I plan for in DaS1? The new connectivity mod solved everything but I still know fuck all about pvp.
>>
>>337665804
>host gets invaded in fight club
>phantom looks like he's about to run up and hit host
>circle around him as red
>he chills out
>guy dies in arena so i'm up next to fight the guy who won with armor of thorns
>invader hops in instantly
>i jump down and make mean swingy motions with my character
>armor of thorns guys walks back up
>smash invader to dust with smough's hammer
>lose to thorn guy

moral of the story is let me lose to thorns guy jeez
>>
>>337665831
>double hp
Meant double estus.
>>
>>337658203
As much as I hated my first souls invasion because I had to farm for an hour after to repair my gear because of the fucking scraping spear, I tend to agree with this.
You should be shitting yourself as soon you see the fog walls block off bonfires etc. You should be running around clearing enemies looking for a place to make your final stand. You should be anxious when you see the red tinge of another player somewhere in the distance and finally you should fight as hard as you can, with all you have to overcome the asshole who wants to fuck your shit up, the if you do best him you need to emote over his fading corpse hoping hell be swearing at you in Russian, while you decide what you want to spend his ill gotten souls on.
>>
>>337665467
how are fight clubs bottom tier scum? They're usually people tired of getting ganked in 1v3s
>>
>completely dominate a guy in a 1v1
>get him to 5% hp
>for fun practice parrying on him
>I suck at parrying so I lose
>he claps after he kills me

does this guy actually think he's good? I could have had a flawless victory easily, you stupid faggot so show some respect.
>>
File: peterpalmer.jpg (18 KB, 414x420) Image search: [Google]
peterpalmer.jpg
18 KB, 414x420
>>337665847
>>337665837

Hey guys I just wanted to see what happened if I kept annoying him. I don't get to talk to people like this every day.
>>
>>337665903
The only HEY that's even remotely annoying is the mature male one. The young male is just a britsh accent twat, aged is too goofy, and all the female ones are too cute to be annoying.
>>
File: 1435713093796.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1435713093796.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
Where is the fun in 4 vs 1 people? Do it empower them?
>>
>>337665842
Irrelevant japs are still dumb. And killing their gank platoon is the most satisfying
>>
>>337665831
Most of the times I've been invaded I've been solo. I do some coop with a friend, we take turns summoning each other to clear areas and chat, then when he goes to bed or whatever I just go about my business and forget I'm kindled. That's when I get invaded the most. I've yet to be killed by an invader in 1v1.

Invasion is such a juvenile thing to do, it's no wonder that it attracts shitters. So far the NPC invaders have been much tougher enemies than any player.
>>
>>337665957
Because it stems from their hate regarding how you faggots set shop on DeS in 4-1.

When you people made 4-1 your home for fight clubs, when they wanted to invade that place, it became like a de facto ruling that if you were there, it means you wanted an "HUNURUHBLE DUEL" and they hated that shit.

They really believe pvp is meant for invasions. Pure and simple. Fight clubs are stupid really there is no skill in there.
>>
>>337664484
"if people cant play an entire match without getting hit once they deserve to die"
>>
>>337665978
Probably clapping at your shit parrying skills. That you failed so much it got you killed. And of course, to make you butthurt.
>>
>>337665978
>be a cocky faggot who thinks he can parry someone
>lose because of it
>talk about respect after toying with your prey

What are you, a fucking anime villain?
>>
>bowing
heh. i invaded ur world to kill you. why would i bow to some lowlife scum when there's souls to be had. im not some foolish child in the sense of honor. what is honor anyway but something that gets u killed. baka
>>
>>337665978
I've had an instance like that.

I was completely destroying a guy and he would heal. I didn't heal. I was going for a hit and he swinged his shit and it shockwaved me causing me to actually fall off and he did a diving attack when I had no health from the fall.

He starts gloating

Wha
>>
Not amazing as much as it was entertaining, but last night I was running as a Blue bro and 3 times in a row I was fighting the same goddamn invader, a Fallen Knight set and halberd red invader that just could not win.
>>
>>337666041
4v1 is retarded cause it's the host actively using a finger and summoning a 3rd so ofc you're going to get invaded since you used a finger

3v1 im a little bit more ok with cause it could just be a host who's bad and wants help pve-ing finger hosts are the worst though if you really need a 3rd for a boss there's usually signs exactly at the boss door so use finger then and then just run in the fog right away so you despawn the invader
>>
>>337666085
I sort of get this. I hate invading after pontifs and always getting fucking fightclubs, even with aldrich faithful. If I'm invading I don't want le honorabu duru. I'd throw my sign down if I did.

Besides, don't invaders get 30% less health and reds summoned via signs get no health loss? Why would I 1v1 in a fightclub with such a disadvantage?
>>
File: 1442009509995.gif (352 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1442009509995.gif
352 KB, 500x300
>>337653223
Bowing is the new 'tip fedora'.

I never attack while someone else is bowing, but I sure as hell won't expose my fucking neck for the sake of something as petty as chivalry.

>Wolfbro covenant
>Fighting some guy when another guy gets summoned
>He proceeds to sit down and wait while we fight
>Pissed and getting my ass handed to me, so I back off and he proceeds to fight the host
>Start hovering behind the host, making him uncomfortable
>Moment host makes a clean hit, backstab the host
>Both host and other wolfbro look at me, pissed
>Wolfbro proceeds to sit while host makes a beeline to me
>Begin dancing around wolfbro while host tries not to hit him
>Chucklefuck away and use the black soapstone to go home

I don't care who you are--the point of a wolfbro is to gank a specific area, leave your chivalry at the door.
>>
File: 1451762927679.jpg (44 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1451762927679.jpg
44 KB, 900x900
>get summoned as red
>he bows
>i don't do shit
>parry first attack
>his health is GONE

Why does this feel so good?
>>
>>337666181
Sometimes I hide with dried finger and way of blue just so reds and blues can fight.
Blues always lose, no wonder they're in that shitty cov.
>>
>>337666085
but there's skill in getting ganked? nip logic is ridiculous
>>
>>337653223
I bow very often, sometimes i do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_1VOVlBco4
>>
>>337665920
>you haven't yet been reduced to viewing every game as nothing more than it's gameplay mechanics.

This is something that really irritates me about /v/. Not regarding Souls specifically, but in any discussion about games. If you say you like a game for anything other than mechanics, you get shit on. It's ridiculous. Most of my favorite games earned their places in my heart through a mixture of music, aesthetic, and good design choices that make them pleasurable to play. Games that somehow make just scrolling through menus and wandering around doing jack shit enjoyable somehow.

In a discussion about Halo, for example, someone would immediately bring up Quake. I know that Quake has a higher skill ceiling. I don't need to be reminded of this. I'm trying to discuss what I like about Halo, not technical bullshit. It's the music, levels, designs of everything that I'll remember.
>>
>>337653223
dark souls 3 invasions are absolute shit
>usually 3v1 for some fucking reason, very rarely 2v1, have NEVER gotten a 1v1 red eye orb invasion in over 100 hours in the game
>no poise so even if you land a hit first on the host or one of his cronies, the other 2 will staggerlock you
>a lot of the time, the game has you invading people who are already at the fog door so you just waste time in loading screens, 5 seconds after you come in they are challenging the boss
>>
>>337666206
I don't get why it upsets people? If you invade a fight club just treat it like any other gank
>>
>>337666282
Right? It's like all the unfairness a cherry or grape invader has gone through made them a better player or something. While those blueberries can't even fight for shit.
>>
File: 1423445708636.jpg (50 KB, 312x473) Image search: [Google]
1423445708636.jpg
50 KB, 312x473
>mail breaker riposte is like 2times weaker than bkga
>>
>>337666369
Have you seen people get mad that their fight club has been ruined by an invader and they post it on forums saying people have no respect?
>>
>DS1
>NG+ run
>wait infront of OandS bossarea for summons because i feel like doing coop
>get invaded by Chester tipper and his katana
>kill him
>get invaded by him again 5 minutes later while still waiting for signs to show up
>summon Solaire
>kill him again
And after that he still tried 2 times more.
>>
>>337666453
weapons that have the description "designed/effective at parrying" are never true in any souls game. The bigger the weapon, the more painful the riposte
>>
>>337666369
You'll obviously die when treating a fightclub as a regular gank and because they dried finger, you'll invade them several times. It's annoying. DaS3 doesn't require the boss to be alive to summon reds/grapes. Perhaps you can summon more, but that's irrelevant since people are generally always sitting, waiting their turn anyway.
>>
>>337666014
Yeah, I've noticed that it seems to be the only one that sounds like an actual hey. Everything else is like "HEAH" or something. Is it the only voice that's affected by being a phantom too? Seems to get deeper when a phantom with that voice does it.
>>
>>337666498
Yes, it sustains me. I live for hate mail. I invaded the same dude at archdragon 11times in a row until until he rage quit, the message he sent me was 1/10 though
>>
Anons help me, I've been in watchdogs of farron since 35+3 and am now 55 + 5. At what level should I be to be getting invasions as these, considering I've never invaded despite being with them so long.
>>
>invasion
I don't bow, I do everything dirty to win
>fight club / soapstone
I bow / wave / something and I don't chug unless they do. However, I do try hard as fuck to kill them without chugging so they feel extra shit when they chug three times and I champ them like a fuck.
>>
>>337665712
>sl50
>magic does no damage
i have a sl46 pyromancer that hits for 600-800 with chaos bed vestiges at 20 int and faith on people with lower fire resist, higher fire resist is 400-500 which is still about 2/3 of their health.
>>
>>337660541
I wish chugging estus one after the other, all at once gave you some kind of short term, berserker buff or something. Shit would be cash
>>
>>337666721
>since 35+3

that's already too high.
>>
>>337666604
Jesus you people are such uncreative bastards. Equip the white phantom ring thing and cast hidden body. Walk up to the host and backstab him. Invasion over
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>337666227
Not being able to understand why other people have fun is a sign of autism.
>>
I only like gank squads if they do something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhcIFgU0nY
>>
I just use the Hello carving instead.

One time I convinced an Aldritch Faithful to crystal out by throwing the Help Me carving and jostling my torch as a sign of friendship.
Then another faithful came along with the NK spear and I died to phantom range
>>
>>337666453
It is because the Hornet Ring procs for each hit. BKGA hits 2-3 times so its 2-3 critical hits. That's why Yhorm's Machete always ohkos
>>
>>337666887
That's incredible.
>>
>>337666887

greatest dickery i've seen since DaS2 onion cloud spam.
>>
>>337655439
>not recreating your save file before you trade
kek
>>
>>337653223
I always try and bow in Ds3 but I seem that the higher the soul level the less and less people bow, which is strange.
Here's a rare occurrence that gave me a slither of hope
>Be sunlight phantom, joining some guy's world just before rotted greatwood
>2 red phantoms and a mad phantom
>where the fuck is everybody else????
>they corner me by the bonfire so I see if i can waste their time so maybe I could wait for backup
>start doing the toast gesture closer and closer together
>end up sitting in a drum circle with 3 enemy phantoms for about 5 minutes before the host and other phantoms enter boss fight
>>
if someone gestures i'll just wait until they're done or munch some grass/buff up

occasionally i'll proper bow if they don't seem like a full blown faggot
>>
>its a 4man gank squad
>host has popped giant's seed
Why do people this? Do they pretend its some kind of "revenge" to invaders?
>>
>>337665467
I actually wait for smurf to join when I invade so I can crush him and get twice the tongues.
>>
File: 1439617020102.jpg (45 KB, 352x395) Image search: [Google]
1439617020102.jpg
45 KB, 352x395
>>337666884
That has nothing to do with fun, but has everything to do with forcing other people to follow arbitrary rules.

Worst yet, when it goes against the specific mechanic in the game.
>Wolfbro Covenant
>Whole point is to invade and overwhelm people who enter a specific area
>Fag gets summoned and immediately sits to 'wait his turn'
>While me, someone of the same covenant and a brother at arms, is getting his ass handed to him

Frankly, I hope he lost, the prick. Don't sacrifice my Swordgrass for your chivalry.
>>
>>337665714
Yeah I usually try to use the cat ring to get away and then black crystal
Blueball those gankers
>>
>>337653223
>bowing
>not doing "Well? What is it?"
>>
>>337656119
Shortly after launch I was killings hosts with that bridge as a white phantom, must have killed like 10-15 people who'd summoned me that way
>>
I usually shoot them in the face with my Avelyn when they bow.
>>
File: 1462322694503.gif (528 KB, 276x305) Image search: [Google]
1462322694503.gif
528 KB, 276x305
>blade of the darkmoon
>spend 2 hours waiting to get summoned while farming silver knights
>get summoned, the invader dies 3 seconds in, no ear

WHAT A BRILLIANT COVENANT.
>>
>>337666229
I've made an experience with bowing and not bowing

People that don't gesture are either the worst or the best players. People that gesture are mediocre, strength-wise.
>>
>>337666083
The NPC's are easy as fuck
They don't constantly roll like players do
>>
File: 1437138413302.jpg (14 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
1437138413302.jpg
14 KB, 396x594
>invade 3v1 gank squad
>almost kill host, but get wrecked by phantoms
>hosts applauds then points down
It's always the shit ones that use gestures like this
>>
>>337667265
They're not forcing you to follow arbitrary rules.
They're following their own.
You can do whatever you want, don't be mad that the other phantom does whatever he wants as well, like sitting and waiting.
>>
>>337666282
Fucking this. Atleast Reds get to enjoy those sweet forked tongues.
>>
>>337667403
>Guy invades me
>Kill him outright

>3 minutes later a Blue Sentinel is summoned and is immediately sent back home

What a waste
>>
>>337667403

worst part is if you were in another covenant you would have gotten the item.
>>
>>337667265
I don't want to bully you, but it wasn't chivalry, he doesn't think it's fun to gank and it would've been more chivalrious to help you, wouldn't it?

You actually have autism, do you?
>>
>>337657414
I don't get it desu
>>
>>337667265
Doesn't the game get mad at you when you're a wolfbro and you kill another wolfbro? I recall it telling me something, that one and only time I ever got fucking summoned
>>
File: 1425848462990.jpg (518 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1425848462990.jpg
518 KB, 1280x720
>invade kiln for medals
>some fag can enter the boss fog and is super annoying to fight
>invade him like 10 times in a row
GO AWAY
>>
File: 1422369383546.jpg (7 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1422369383546.jpg
7 KB, 184x184
>>337653223
>summoned as blue
>multiple reds, host has multiple phantoms
>it's a huge battle in the archdragon peak in the area after the great belfry bonfire with all the snakemen aggro'd
>fight for like 8 minutes until the stream of red phantoms stop and I return to my world with a bunch of ears

I wish there was a dedicated area for battles like this. Maybe a free for all zone with multiple players and respawning enemies.
>>
File: 1405813344656.png (160 KB, 345x316) Image search: [Google]
1405813344656.png
160 KB, 345x316
>>337667545
>Autism
>Not being able to understand people's emotions
>IN A GAME THAT HAS VERY LITTLE COMMUNICATION, HOLY SHIT

Wow, so like everyone on the internet must have autism huh, including yourself.....

Were you born stupid or was it something you had to learn
>>
>>337666361
You understand video games. Try not to post during the day time, I guess?

It's hard to interpret whether those posters are too young to appreciate immersion, or more likely too world-beaten to be capable of it anymore.
>>
>>337667435
>getting mad at gestures
thats the whole point, i laugh everytime i see one, because he either thinks he is the shit or wants to make me think i am bad, while i am aware of why i lost, and it wasn't the gesture. It's either a Hue Ping high like skyscrapers or Dorksword infinite range. I won't get mad at the player i'll get mad at the game or developer. Don't hate the playa, hate the game!
>>
>invade as aldritch faithfull
>hear silver knights shooting the host
>caught a glimps of the host going in the hall that leads to darkmoon tomb and elevator switch to anor londo
>activates lever
>grab my dragonslayerbow
>thinking to myself he heard me its probably not gonna work
>shoot him in his back, he gets knocked over and falls to his death
>3seconds later elevator arrives
>applause
>>
File: 1436894180614.gif (2 MB, 400x249) Image search: [Google]
1436894180614.gif
2 MB, 400x249
>>337667710
>>
>>337667710
>very little communication
There are many gestures and even the Messenger Heads you can throw. I die everytime i here the "Help Me" one. Tasukete!
>>
>>337667674
Problem with this is reds can hurt each other, whites are fine to just spam R1.
>>
I've wanted to experiment with Force, how is it? Any good areas to employ it in the area after pontif? Maybe dropping an item in the hopes the invader picks it up near a ledge.
>>
>>337667964
Yeah, this is why I'd want something like the Battle of Stoicism in DaS1 where there are no phantom colors and everyone is free to attack each other.
>>
>>337653223
>bow
No, I use collapse when they close I do a rolling surprise attack.
I chug estus like a Norwegian in Arabia.
>>
>>337667265
This happened to me too once
>get summoned as aldritch faithful
>shoot host with greatbow on those tight bridges where its easy to get knocked over
>host uses force to try and knock me over
>while im shooting another aldritch faithful just stares at me doing all the work
>host has obscuring ring on but you can see him because he has greatarrow poking from his chest
>other aldritch faithfull still does nothing
>eventually get killed by host
>>
If I just got the Darkmoon Ring on NG and then farmed Concords in NG+, does that mean I have to collect 30 again to get Darkmoon Blade?
>>
>there are people on /v/ who expect invaders or wolf/aldritch invaders to have "honour"

Just fucking stick to Pontiff's little fuccboi duel club if you want to bow and jerk each other off for 2 minutes before fighting. Invading is a different scene, anything goes from both sides.
>>
>>337668171

No, it saves your hand in progress.
>>
>>337668162
Because people leave the auto summon covenant on and go do something else while playing the waiting game. They probably never even realized they got summoned and died
>>
>>337668270
Thank fucking God. I really thought I had to do it all over again.
>>
File: 1387062346662.jpg (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1387062346662.jpg
1 MB, 1280x720
>invade a host named Zuko
>young pyromancer with a fucked up eye and twin swords
>has a white phantom buddy whose fat, old, pyromancer with big robes and white hair
>named Uncle Iroh
>kill Iroh, but he gets summoned back in while im dealing with the host
>eventually get killed
>not even mad, was fun

I actually really like folks who cosplay and make serious characters, especially the folks who have names like "etc of (place)"

then I remember my name is a fuckin' joke name because I'm pvp invading and I feel like an asshat
>>
>>337668319
This happens more with dorkmoons. This idiot was walking around but was to afraid to help out
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 99

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.