[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is G2A.com a real game shop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: ss+(2016-05-15+at+12.32.06).jpg (343 KB, 1030x839) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-15+at+12.32.06).jpg
343 KB, 1030x839
So, is this website legit or what?

When I try to link it to steam friends it says {LINK REMOVED}.

Do they censor it because it's a scam website or because it's competition?

If it's not a scam, what's the catch?

Thinking about buying $48 Overwatch Origins edition and this DOOM tbqhwyf
>>
File: wew.png (252 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
252 KB, 900x900
bump
>>
vendors exploit currency exchange rates, i believe

ive never had any problems
>>
It's legit, as in you will get a key and it works and you will be able to play the game.
>>
>>337652429
It's legit, I've never had any issues with these sites.
>>
I paid 40€ for overwatch origions edition on g2a, g2a isnt a scam but some of their vendors are.
Thats why you can decide to pay 1€ for refund it if the key was a scam. You can see reviews of this vendors.

But new games (nearly always) are allowed to be sold by premium vendors only who never scammed. Thats pretty much why you cant choose a vendor by overwatch

Also choose by tax option 0%, it is 100% safe and safes you a lot money.

Also the price of overwatch origin edition on that site got higher, i bet you can find a cheaper key origins key on ebay

also coupon code: RBTV
>>
>>337652429
its fine, just get the shield thing. The dollar for "insurance" is better than throwing 30 down the hole for a bad key
>>
>>337652429
it's referred to as a "grey market" vendor, which basically means it's like an ebay of digital keys. supposedly there's something illegal about that but i'm not sure why...
>>
>>337652429
it is indeed legit
you can get scammed by the users but it's not likely unless you're severely mentally disabled
>>
>>337653565
People can avoid paying taxes
>>
>>337652429
>When I try to link it to steam friends it says {LINK REMOVED}.
they do the same thing to cdkeys.com
>>
>>337652429
The catch is you're giving your credit info to Russians, if you don't think that's a bad idea you don't know much.
>>
I've used CDKeys and Kinguin. I never had a problem other than one issue where I sold a key on kinguin and they let a second person buy the key after I already sold it. It was a mess, but they eventually comp'd the buyer and let me keep the money I made off the "second key." I tried G2A once and 10 minutes after the transaction my credit card was use somehow at a place in Southern California. Maybe it was a fluke but I haven't gone back since.
>>
steam censors a lot of arbitrary shit to be fair

if you get scammed on g2a you probably bought from a shitty vendor, just go yell at support and ask for a refund
>>
>>337653815
Steam trys to to hide keysites since you can get games cheaper there.
Specially summer sale lose a lot sales since they can offer the games even cheaper
>>
>So, is this website legit or what?

Are you a developer or publisher?

NO IT'S STEALING AND ILLEGAL YOU CRIMINAL

Are you a consumer?

Who gives a shit? Cheap keys, dude. Free market. It exists so why not take advantage? If the developers/publishers hate it so much, maybe they should find some way to either stop it or offer a kind of incentive not to use it.

Personally, I don't trust G2A. They scream a little too much eastern European slavshit scamtalk for me. Greenman has similar prices and is at least one order more legit.
>>
>>337654040
Greenman has higher prices most of the time
>>
>>337652429
The website is legit, the sellers may not be. Worst case is the key is removed from your steam account. If you bought it with shield they usually replace.
>>
>>337654109
You pay a little extra in order to not have your credit/banking information sold to the Russian mob.
>>
>>337654332
why wouldn't you just use paypal like a sane person?
>>
>>337652429
its the same as ebay except its video games, so use the same protection measures for yourself as you would use on ebay.
>>
>>337652429
never preorder off keysites because they'll probably deliver them late
other than that go fo it
>>
File: 1419988508489.jpg (238 KB, 1024x634) Image search: [Google]
1419988508489.jpg
238 KB, 1024x634
Anon, don't be silly.
G2A and Kinguin are retailers.
They let people sell their keys.
You're not buying from g2a or kinguin, you're buying from people that place their keys on these sites, and pay a fee to their overlords.
That's the reason they're legal and completely allowed.
They don't sell keys, they host people who sell them.
Now ask yourself, is buying a key who probably comes from India or whatever from unknown retailers safe?
Steam will remove your key\license if said game was the product of a scam or whatever.
Origin and Blizzard will permanently ban your account for fraud.
Both sites offer you a "security shield" for $1 that basically just sends you a different key ONCE if the old one doesn't work or gets revoked.
I never had a problem with key resellers, but keep in mind that selling keys without authorization is illegal and these shops evade taxation like there's no tomorrow.
>>
g2a aka when denuvo calls is completely legit
they sell keys that are sold cheaper in other countries because cost of living is lower in those countries so wages are lower and people have less disposable income to spend on video games

a morally grey area, perhaps, but I couldn't care less. video games are a charity

got doom for $35 and having a blast
>>
>>337654860
but it's always a pre-order key, at least every time it has happened with me.
>>
Is it safe to use my debit card on g2a? I usually use PayPal, but I can't at the moment.
>>
>>337652429
It's within' the grey area of markets, or grey markets. Personally, I use Cdkeys due to how similar it is to Steam and GMG in terms of its transactions.
>>
>>337653947
You can use PayPal tho
>>
>>337655219
Also got Doom there, campaign is great
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.