[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just picked up this game, why does it get such a bad rap? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: cns-570x321[1].jpg (97 KB, 570x321) Image search: [Google]
cns-570x321[1].jpg
97 KB, 570x321
Just picked up this game, why does it get such a bad rap? It's alright
>>
>Tries to go for a Silver Age comic book artstyle but 3DS graphics make it muddy
>Steampunk
>>
New Nintendo IPs aren't given a chance, really.

Nintendo deliberately let the game press take a first look at it, and they squandered the opportunity. No wonder they aren't going to E3 anymore.
>>
>>337645280
neither of those negatively hamper the gameplay
>>
I thought it was great, too bad I finished the game before they patched up the enemy turn waiting, it would have been even better

Lion is just so fucking op I swear
>>
I'm still playing it. It's a great game.

What's weird is that I read people complaining about the difficulty, but I've ever only lost a mission once and it was one of the A.B.E. fights. Being able to fully recharge, heal, and bring back to life everyone in your team is kind of overpowered.
>>
>>337645280
The graphics are actually really nice when you see them in motion and in the game. There's lots of nice little touches here and there. And the Steampunk is of the Japanese style where they actually put thought into how steam powered inventions would work instead of putting some gears on a gun dressing up as the Victorian Era and calling it a day.
>>
I liked it at first, but it got boring after a while.
>>
>>337646185

It costs medals to do that. If you want the highest amount of medals (to unlock new weapons and boilers) you need to beat levels without saving or healing much.
>>
>>337644212
I decided to pick it up again today remembering that I still haven't unlocked Stovepipe and as luck would have it I had all the FE Amiibos so now i'm using those units and I can't stop giggling over the idea of Lucina driving a tank.

Also I just unlocked the Sentry weapon and I had one of those "This would have been fucking useful when I was playing through the game" moments.

Also for everyone in the thread, Favorite units to have on your team? For the majority of the game Tom was in my team until the last few maps when I needed to replace him with someone who had heavy firepower. I liked having him go ahead and stunning enemies and I also had the mine lobber equipped to him so he was pretty much fuck your shit backwards the character.
>>
I liked it. Reminded me of a Saturday morning cartoon. It got a bad wrap because "TOO HARD FOR MEEEEE" and it got a lot of unfair comparisons to Valkiriya Chronicles.
>>
It was quite literally the definition of a shitty meme game. Thankfully it died shortly after release and will never get a sequel for the next 10+ years.
>>
>>337647673
>it got a lot of unfair comparisons to Valkiriya Chronicles
But the way you move and attack is pretty much the same, and the way you get attacked during your turn if you run into an enemies sight. I wouldn't say that the comparison is very unfair at all.
>>
>Nintendo killed Advance Wars for this
>>
>>337647872
Here's your (you), don't spend it all in one place.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.