[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they the only competent video games journalists left?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
63 KB, 1280x720
Are they the only competent video games journalists left?
>>
Game journalism is just a glorified press release, and if you question it then well you're against feminism and harass people on Twitter.

What a great community!
>>
Main stream wise? Yes
>>
>>337643314
>Competent video game journalists
They're published by GameStop, need I say more?
>>
>>337643314
Only their printed works.
>>
>>337643314
Yes they are the best

Gamestop is litterally the last bastion
>>
>>337643314
They seem to have a bias towards Nintendo
>>
>>337643314
every video game magazine is a catalog and has been since nintendo power.
>>
They're just a device for pushing hyped games to sell better in Gamestop.

It's actually one of the biggest reasons why games are so trash now, it became all about this hype culture.
>>
Out of all the outlets that review games, I tend to agree with them the most.
>>337644835
That's ridiculous. Plenty of games that get mediocre/shit scores are pushed hard by Gamestop.
>>
>>337645714
>Plenty of games that get mediocre/shit scores are pushed hard by Gamestop.

And that's still part of the problem, if hype culture would fuck off and people would present IPs with some modesty, the games industry wouldn't be trying to perpetually try to to be a best seller for all time.
>>
>>337643314
>owned by Gamestop who is now a publisher
it'll be interesting to see just how that unravels.
>>
Competent? Fuck no. They still hand out high scores for anything popular, report on unrelated game news (Youtube videos, not game-based movies, etc), have incredibly biased opinion pieces, and have a baffling focus on which stories go up (report on nearly every sale Sony has, no article for new Persona 5 trailer that shows new characters, throw up an opinion piece on how Starbound and autism go together).

They get a lot of stories in a decent time frame and tend not to focus on social issues which means they're not terrible, but they certainly aren't competent.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.