[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how the fuck do i play this game please tell me theres a guide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: arma3_screenshot_03.jpg (317 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
arma3_screenshot_03.jpg
317 KB, 1280x800
how the fuck do i play this game

please tell me theres a guide or something
>>
>>337641545
git gud
>>
>>337641869
how
>>
>>337642489
shoot at things dont die
>>
There is, but do the tutorial and then campaign to get a feel for the game. Running around will get you fatigued, making your aim totally shit. Ctrl is a modifier key, you can change stances and leaning at different intervals. The mouse wheel is clunky as shit but necessary to interact with ANYTHING.

I just enjoy playing KOTH servers.
>>
>>337642957
how else would you interact with anything?
context menus would feel silly and not in line with the rest of the game
>>
Buy squad. Way better.
>>
>>337642804
i cant find things to shoot and and die a lot

it's even worse than ro2 with dying from an enemy you can't even see
>>
>>337641545
Have friends
>>
>>337643583
A single button press. Like you can middle mouse next to a door/car/stuff to interact with it aswell but because everything is tied to that one button/mouse wheel its insanely annoying to use. Like alot of the time closing a door is more annoying than it has to be, that you have to use the mouse wheel. I'd like to spam E instead, E would do NOTHING else except close the door.
If you hit middle mouse you reload the gun which is the default action, unless you are looking at something else you can interact with. Its really clunky.

>>337643939
Arma 3 is on a free weekend, no one who was already interested would be asking these questions.
>>337644072
That is just Arma, the scale is insanely big. If you are playing against AI, its because the AI cheats and have perfect aim and don't care about camo or anything.
>>
>>337641545
Are you brain dead? Do you really not know basic firearms and military tactics?
>>
>>337644283
>That is just Arma, the scale is insanely big. If you are playing against AI, its because the AI cheats and have perfect aim and don't care about camo or anything.

both, in koth against humans i never see a single enemy but get killed a lot, in the co-op server i see the enemy, no matter how i try to adjust for bullet drop and stuff i never hit them, and they kill me dead in one shot. i try staying with everyone else, i try cooperating, but all my games are just 5 minutes riding a chopper to the enemy and then getting killed almost nstantly
>>
>>337644283
what you are thinking of is something like an "action button" which have been suggested before by dslyeci and a few others
there is still a few options thats best used on scroll wheel but until BI does something in that regard it wont be a standard thing
alternatively they could do what ACE3 have done
>>
>>337641545
Arma is a military sim, it's not a normal shooter, if you're looking for something with lots of rewarding shooting mechanics, this is not the game. If you're looking for something that rewards playing safe, doing things right, and total group cohesion, then Arma might be for you. Do note that everything takes forever in Arma, just like in real life.
>>
>>337641545
Here's how you succeed at Arma 3:

>Do 15 pushups, 45 sit ups a day.
>Make sure you can run 7.7 on the shuttle run
>Sit for an interview to enlist in the army. Pass (make sure you do your prep work for it)
>Follow directions in your training
>Go to war
>Become a grizzled vet with PTSD issues after seeing your friends die in the field

Then you'll be ready and able to play ARMA 3.
>>
>>337644582
The ranges you fight in KOTH have like no bullet drop. Just put the sights on them. I also only play on an infantry server, I fucking hate playing KOTH with jets, tanks and the attack hummingbirds.
Arma is alot about who fucks up first, and moving too much will get you killed unless you roughly know where the enemy choppers tend to be landing or where they drop in parachutes. You could just post up in a house that has a street view and just camp, eventually you will find someone or vice versa.
>>
>>337645030
well in koth i never see anyone so shooting a gun is meaningly in the first place. in coop stuff i can never figure out ranging enemies and i dont know how tracers function so i cant even figure out how far my bullets are going
>>
>>337643939
lmao squad is shit
>>
>>337645468
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=423591982
its pretty simple really, personally i use RCO´s for anything as they got a good range and magnification
>>
>>337644582
thats kinda how it is matey. arma dosent hold any hands when it comes to firearms and how well they work. ironsight rifles CAN and WILL kill you from over a kilometer away.

the lay of the land and how you move through it it much, much more important then even being a decent shot. you NEED to think to yourself at every moment "where can i be shot at from, right now. where would i sit if i was trying to shoot me here?"
>>
File: 1462003448875.gif (196 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
1462003448875.gif
196 KB, 170x170
>boot up game
>play game
>realize game is complete shit
>refund game
>go play different game
Thats how I played it.
>>
File: ArmaGuide.jpg (120 KB, 719x801) Image search: [Google]
ArmaGuide.jpg
120 KB, 719x801
>>337641545
I got you fa.m
>>
Arma's fun, you just have to find a good group to play with
I prefer serious but not autistically serious groups
>>
I prefer Project Reality but Overwatch cut my interest in the game. That's not so bad compared to other games.
>>
>>337647908
get in line
everyone wants that but its either milsim or a shitshow
>>
>>337648063
Nothing wrong with milsim
>>
>>337648371
the problem with milsim stuff is ranks and something along the lines of that
a chain of command should be established before mission time but i feel its detrimental to a community
>>
>>337649091
>game is a military simulator
>behaving like you would in the military is detrimental
>>
>>337644072
>i cant find things to shoot and and die a lot

welcome to war faggot
>arma 3 is free this weekend

faggot
>>
>>337649758
>video game
if i wanted to something closer to the real stuff i would have joined the army not the arma
>>
Just fuck around in wasteland or king of the hill and figure it out.

Also rebind your throw grenade key "g" to pressing g twice.
>>
File: 1444880431091.png (471 KB, 509x647) Image search: [Google]
1444880431091.png
471 KB, 509x647
>>
>>337649758
As someone who played competitively back in ArmA 1 days, it can be a major pain. There is no reason to expect video game players to maintain military level discipline, and without that the average power tripping petty fuckstick can, and will, ruin everything. The best you can really expect is people to work well together, remember it is just a game, and keep active but clean communication lines open (clean as in not rambling on about frivolous shit).

>>337647660
OP, this post is very important. Situational awareness in the ArmA series is paramount. Being aware of where you are, where you can potentially be shot, and the most cover-effiecient paths to your potential object are the keys to survival and victory. And when in doubt, lay down hugging a wall.

>>337647831
I remember the first time I played Cold War Crisis on Veteran mode, that was fucking brutal. And I even had experience using compass and reading topographical maps.
>>
File: 51241561231.jpg (399 KB, 863x925) Image search: [Google]
51241561231.jpg
399 KB, 863x925
Download various survival mods that are still alive, and play them. Else KOTH
AVOID BREAKING POINT AT ALL COSTS, CORRUPT SERVER STAFF
>>
>>337652058
no personal attacks
>>
>>337652058
we've gotten the band back together. http://arma3.swec.se/server/data/381571
>>
>>337652294
shut up comfy
>>
comfy instigating shit once again when will nerves ban this cuck?
>>
>>337641545
Thats a photo, right?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.