[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Morrowind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: MorrowindCOVER.jpg (62 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
MorrowindCOVER.jpg
62 KB, 375x500
>finally decide to buckle down and play Morrowind
>actually get interested, unlike the other 4 times
>join the balmora fighter's guild
>sleep in free bed
>dark brotherhood assassin tries to kill me
>beat him after a bit
>do the egg mine quest
>come back to the fighters guild, realize they have a merchant
>selling stuff I don't need
>put the DB stuff up for sale
>SIX-TEEN HUNDRED (1600) GOLD PIECES FOR JUST THE DB ARMOR
What the fuck is so special about this armor?
>>
File: morrowind.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
morrowind.webm
2 MB, 640x360
It's just more nonsense in a nonsensical game, that's all.
>>
>>337639229
>no stamina
I heard that affects your accuracy, maybe thats your problem
>>
File: realmorrowindcombat.webm (3 MB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
realmorrowindcombat.webm
3 MB, 1000x563
>>337639348
nah it's completely random.
>>
I'm doing a Let's Play of Morrowind. Here's the latest episode in case someone wants to check it out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS2upmWR9Xs

>>337639348
Being out of stamina affects your chance to do anything, be it attack, cast spells, barter for great deals, pick locks, anything. That's why you don't run everywhere like >>337639229
and >>337639412 do.
>>
>>337639412
well, fuck me then. Hit calculation is totally random? I seem to hit ~75% of my swings, should I buy a lottery ticket or something?
>>
>>337639719
No it's not random, read >>337639675. The random hit chance is a forced meme started by retarded /v/irgins who had never played an Elder Scrolls game before.

Your chance to hit with a melee or ranged weapon is influenced by fatigue, as well as your Agility and Luck attributes and your skill in said weapon. You cannot make a character that specializes in Short Blades and expect them to hit with a battle axe or a spear. Give them a shortsword or a tanto instead.
>>
File: D3laNym.png (180 KB, 401x307) Image search: [Google]
D3laNym.png
180 KB, 401x307
>>337639675
But >>337639412
isn't out of stamina, whats happening here?
>>
>>337639229
>0 fatigue
Every time.

>>337639002
Tribunal kind of sucks in a lot of ways. Really wish it was integrated later into the main quest, and also the loot from the DB assassins bankrupts most merchants you meet, it's an unbalanced gold source early game (or equipment source if you want to go light armor types).

There might be mods by now that address both things.
>>
>>337639970
>>337639921
OK, I think I get it, the NPC has a really high luck or agility skill, right?
>>
>>337639970
never played an RPG before? there's this thing called chance to hit, the odds are based on your stats vs theirs

you should check out d&d it's pretty cool
>>
>>337639970
The lower your stamina goes, the more tired your character feels, and the harder it is for them to do anything.

>>337640127
Yes, considering those also affect your chance to dodge an enemy attack as well as to hit an opponent in melee or ranged combat.
>>
>>337639412
>>337640136
It's based off MULTIPLE factors, including stamina, your skill in the selected weapon, stuff like that. Think of it as a DnD calculation, or, you know, how turn based RPGs would roll for an accuracy check.
>>
>>337640385
why doesn't it just play a cool scripted kill animation when I press attack? that would be badass
>>
>>337639002
Its from an expansion for one, and is also one of the best light armors.
>>
>>337639970
The character has been modded to have 1000 agility to troll morrowind fans.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.