[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doom metacritic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: doom_metacritic.png (127 KB, 241x305) Image search: [Google]
doom_metacritic.png
127 KB, 241x305
So, doesn't this prove that there aren't any "paid" reviews to help with the launch? Isn't this a based thing to do?
We'll see how it goes.

Even though I don't like Bethesda, I think that this is a great thing that others should follow.
>>
>no advance copies

>game is shit
>didn't want to let reviewers tell people not to buy the game, fucking shills

>game is based
>clearly a plan to prove they don't need paid reviews to show quality based devs

Double standard much? We just got lucky.
>>
>>337636732
Not really, it just shows that they're scared of what they'll say will negatively influence first day sales. Reviewers should have advanced copies and be able to post reviews before the game comes out so that we can see if the game is good or not before going out and buying it when it releases.

That being said, from I've played, the campaign is a lot of fun. So I'm not sure why they're scared of the reviewers. Maybe the negative backlash from the multiplayer beta influenced their decision?
>>
People who think reviews are all paid for and everything is a conspiracy are idiots anyway.

The truth is that reviewers are just really that stupid and addicted to hype.
>>
>>337636732

I'm on my second playthrough, looking for secrets. First run took me ~15 hours but I spent a lot of time faffing about

The game is an easy 9/10
>>
>>337637328
>So I'm not sure why they're scared of the reviewers

Reviewers pretty much shit on any FPS which isn't COD. They acknowledge the attempt to return to old school roots but always give it a score lower than COD.
>>
>>337636732
I wouldn't give out advanced copies either. Fuck games journalism.
>>
>>337637626
You have to realize though when a game doesn't send out review copies it seems like a huge cop out to avoid bad reviews.
From playing the beta I can say the multiplayer is pure dogshit.
>>
>>337638371

The MP is by the dev of the MP of the new Halos and id probably instructed them to make it a more casual affair. So yeah, nothing worth writing home about there

the SP however, is fucking great
>>
>>337638802
I'll take your word on that. The weapons in multiplayer felt horribly underpowered
>>
>>337636732
I'll agree with anything you want if you agree to never say "based" in any context ever again.
>>
>"based" to not pay for reviews
once upon a time if anyone was paid to do it they would have left hanging out to dry
now on the other hand its normal to pay for reviews and for some reason review scores are the higher ever
>>
>>337637328
>Maybe the negative backlash from the multiplayer beta influenced their decision?

This. Bethesda was thinking "oh shit, if early/day 1 reviews shit on the game as bad as the multiplayer beta, people wont day one buy". That and they didn't want reviewers who played the beta to base their full game review partially on the beta.

Reviewers don't get advance copies when the publisher is scared it's gunna suck.
>>
>>337638802
>SP is good
This meme needs to end
There is nothing good about the press x to kill bullshit.
Nothing good about the shit design
and nothing good about t he speed
>>
>>337640546
fuck off and stop playing fps on consoles retard
>>
>>337640546
It's a return to old form. It's fast paced and rewards you for going balls to the wall up into every demons face ripping their guts apart. Much better than Doom 3 at least.
>>
>>337637328
Not always. This is why people hate SF0. It'd be wa more appreciated if people actually judged it by playing it instead of reading reviewers who can't git gud.
>>
>>337639810
They neutered them so hard. Getting directly hit with one of your own rockets will kill you in the SP.
>>
>>337641357
Doom 3 is a fucking master piece
>>
>>337642843
I liked Doom 3 too, but it is a completely different game to the rest of the series
>>
So I noticed, with the Doom Slayer Testament totems you find in Hell, are they reciting the events of the first two games?

Did Doomguy just chill in hell after the events of Doom II and this is a sequel? Or is the Doom Slayer just some legend or some shit?
>>
>>337642843
>>337642916

isnt doom 3 trying to be a horror game while doom 4 is action shootin?
>>
File: das_trump.png (39 KB, 635x225) Image search: [Google]
das_trump.png
39 KB, 635x225
>>337637328
>what they'll say will negatively influence first day sales.

It's a late 1990s shooter with a stage one detox of 2000s shooter crap. The hipsters writing for these sites would have flashbacks to the days when they thought video games were for dorks.

Previews would just set off the pearl clutchers and permalcontents anyway. Just make a great game; the players will come to you.
>>
>>337636732
Bethesda published this? I had no idea. I guess it's officially off my radar.
>>
>Le auto lift to the platform

>no actual strafe jumping

Trash
>>
>>337643357
Doom 3 starts off as a horror game, but becomes an action shooter half way, a really slow one.
>>
>>337642843

I never got into Doom 3 - all the guns felt, looked, and sounded like garbage. The shotgun especially sucked, it looked like a bunch of steel tubes welded together, the pistol sounded like a cap gun. and the machine gun was tinny as fuck.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.