[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What mods does /V/ recommend for Doom 2? I've already done
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
What mods does /V/ recommend for Doom 2? I've already done Brutal Doom and the CoD Zombies mod.
>>
Demonsteele
Samsara
LegenDoom
Reelism
>>
So, Brutal Doom is an overall gameplay mod that adds things like ADS? Can I add just level mods over Brutal Doom? Are there any existing mods compatible with BD?
>>
>>337634732
STOP
USING
BRUTAL
DOOM
ITS
NOT
DOOM
RETARDS
>>
>>337634732
Load it with Demonsteele, it works
>>
>>337634058
>Demonsteele
>Samsara
these

also doomrpg+rla
might have to fiddle with older versions of doomrpg though because the latest won't late you save/load characters through different campaigns.
>>
>>337634798
lol, grandpa. that's bullshit. it's the only way to play the game now. it's the type of game id wanted but never had the tech for. if you don't use it, you probably have autism.
>>
>>337633957
>/V/
Lurk more, newfag.
>>
>>337633957

Have you tried PSX Doom or Doom 64 EX? Real fun to play with the sound up and the lights off.
>>
File: 1453778900876.png (155 KB, 504x416) Image search: [Google]
1453778900876.png
155 KB, 504x416
>CoD Zombies mod
Wait what the fuck, that exists?

Also, if you want a good mod check out Reelism. Its a horde mode with randomized everything each round
>>
Brutal Doom is what we used to call a Total Conversion. What it does is duplicates and replaces all of the traditional doom and doom2 resources, while adding in additional ones.
Now, you can take basically any gameplay map that uses all of the typical doom or doom 2 content and run in in your Brutal whatever source port and all of the weapons, enemies, powerups, etc. will be reiterated into their Brutal counterparts. The only issue you might have is if the wadfile is using custom monsters, weapons or other items itself.
>>
>>337634732
HDoom is compatible
>>
>>337635137
Were there any total conversions for Quake? I don't really hear Quake talked about alot despite it being the birth of recorded speedrunning and other such gameplay culture.
>>
>>337634943

leave, now.
>>
File: Screenshot_Doom_20160515_100258.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_Doom_20160515_100258.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>new Trailblazer version just got released

Good, now I can plow through ancient ayylmao and mostly ignore its frustrating gameplay and just enjoy its dank texture set
>>
>>337635085
Yes it does: https://youtu.be/kXAaQMv1xAI
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.