[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First thing in a game you had to look up a guide for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: Chara_end_pic-0.gif (66 KB, 490x379) Image search: [Google]
Chara_end_pic-0.gif
66 KB, 490x379
First thing in a game you had to look up a guide for
>>
Dwarf Fortress
>>
Great bay temple
>>
>>337625815
final fantasy 9 chocobo digs
fuck that shit minigame
>>
all of those precursor eggs in one of the Jak games. I had the edition of the game that came with a guide so whatevs, no shame
>>
File: vagrant story wyvern.gif (59 KB, 493x309) Image search: [Google]
vagrant story wyvern.gif
59 KB, 493x309
>>
How is it possible that you needed a guide for him? I just ran around with my shotgun and blasted the prick. I snuck up on him while he was sleeping at least three times.
>>
>>337626998
>And this is the story of John, the man-child who actually never had a child-hood
>>
>>337627236
I thought big boasts name was Jack
>>
File: Passage_to_the_shed.jpg (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Passage_to_the_shed.jpg
80 KB, 640x480
>killed everything in the mansion
>somehow was missing one of these, or where to put them, I don't know
>went into an EB and read the guide in-store
>played the rest of the game
>>
>>337625815

>tfw beat this faggot by sneaking up on him and FREEZE

felt great
>>
>>337626998
Was 12 at the time and never fought anything like him before
>>
Come on man, even full retard DSP did it without a guide.
>>
The first level of Killer 7 back when I just got the game for my 13th birthday. I wasn't a very bright kid back then but holy shit, some of those puzzles were completely cryptic. I did beat the game but it took me a solid 2 years of playing and quitting the game on and off.When I beat the game, I didn't know anything about the plot until I replayed it years later.
>>
>>337625815
Probably Crash Bandicoot games when I was little. I didn't know how to get fucking gems.
All these years later I started playing the first one again and I don't know how to get the fucking gems again.
>>
File: pig-3.jpg (117 KB, 832x1200) Image search: [Google]
pig-3.jpg
117 KB, 832x1200
>>337625815
Legend of Zelda - Death Mountain map
>>
>>337625815
Finding the Holy Grail in La Mulana.
>>
How to 100% this fucking game.

Those fucking Carnelia novels and hidden quests, man. I don't understand how anyone could be reasonably expected to ever do this shit without a guide, unless you go talk to EVERY NPC in every area after each tiny story event.

I bet SC will be even more of a bitch to 100%, so I didn't even try (mostly because there wasn't a complete guide at the time, though)
>>
>>337627562

I used a guide for old school re games and i regret it. At least when i played remake hd (never had a gamecube) i got to experience survival horror with no guide, and it was awesome. Looking forward to remake 2
>>
File: Heretic_-_DOS_-_Setup_-_Music.png (3 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Heretic_-_DOS_-_Setup_-_Music.png
3 KB, 640x400
>>337625815
>how to configure the sound card
>>
File: JUST for men.jpg (126 KB, 504x942) Image search: [Google]
JUST for men.jpg
126 KB, 504x942
>>337630000
>tfw
>>
>>337625815
I blew him up from the river on my first run. It made me giggle like a fucking retard. That whole "Omg lelele I can't believe it let me do that! I got away with it AHAHA I AM THE ORIGINAL ABSOLUTE MADMAN." feeling.

As my first 3D game, I got lost in the Forest Temple and used the game guide my mom bought me for the first time to get through it.
>>
>>337630000

Your sound card works perfectly.
>>
File: randallbracelet.jpg (27 KB, 375x281) Image search: [Google]
randallbracelet.jpg
27 KB, 375x281
>>
File: 1415151233994.jpg (107 KB, 772x817) Image search: [Google]
1415151233994.jpg
107 KB, 772x817
>>337631149
>>337630156
I still remember the sound blaster options.
that pic looks like later games when it just lets you chose between models, before, you have to enter the numbers manually.
>>337631863
>mfw even with a guide, it took me 5 hours to do soulforge
>now thats the length of a regular popcorn game
>>
>>337625815
When I learned I opened a chest in FFXII that would prevent me from getting a spear.
Looked up whether there are other missables and how to get that spear by different means, was pretty lucky and got like 3 spears in 15 minutes.

Sadly that made me look up missables and guides for every game I played afterwards just to make sure I wont miss shit like that.
Just because they wanted some cash from selling those shitty guides, they not only reduced my joy from gaming for years after but also made me compulsively look up guides.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.